Author Topic: the other orton  (Read 5868 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the other orton
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
how many of you remember the zodiac aka barry-o, who actualy was cowboy bob's brother. in the 90's when wwf had the sex scandal he called into the larry king show which  had bruno s and vinnie mac on, and said he was molested by two current wwf bigshots none other than terry garvin and pat patterson.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: the other orton
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
I don't buy it.
Pat could do better.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »
I don't buy it.
Pat could do better.

when he called in  at first he didn't want to name names but at vince's prodding he offered up those two proud gay men as the rock calls them.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »
when he called in  at first he didn't want to name names but at vince's prodding he offered up those two proud gay men as the rock calls them.

Ha-ha!!
I missed it...
When did Rock call them that?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »
Why does Bruno hate Vince soo much...as crazy as it is, Vince Sr and Jr gave him so much

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 06:14:01 PM »
Why does Bruno hate Vince soo much...as crazy as it is, Vince Sr and Jr gave him so much

It's usually the guys who either never made it - or did make it, and lost everything - who are bitter.
I can tell you that, to this day, Bruno's got it pretty good.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »

Ha-ha!!
I missed it...
When did Rock call them that?
when he played a gay guy in" be cool," they asked him who he modeled the character after. at that point he said he acted like pat paterson a proud gay man.
F

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 02:28:09 PM »
I've always wondered that too...i've read he doesn't like the "direction" Vince took the product but it seems much more personal than that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 06:52:09 PM »
I've always wondered that too...i've read he doesn't like the "direction" Vince took the product but it seems much more personal than that.

I still wonder if it has something to do with Bruno's kid.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »

I still wonder if it has something to do with Bruno's kid.
that was always my impression , i think bruno was mad because the only reason vince mac would give the kid a chance was if bruno would come back and announce and wrestle a couple of matches. utimately bruno was angry at his kid when he learned he was on roids.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
i remember the announcers saying david brubo looks like he spends a lot of time in the weightroom, but i thought he looked more like he spent time at the donut shop.
F

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
that was always my impression , i think bruno was mad because the only reason vince mac would give the kid a chance was if bruno would come back and announce and wrestle a couple of matches. utimately bruno was angry at his kid when he learned he was on roids.

He had to learn?  ::)

Didn't I read that he and his kid haven't talked in years?

I wonder if he hates Vince Sr. as well?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 04:24:14 PM »
I knew one of Bruno’s cousins years ago.
From the way she talked, it sounds like Bruno has some real idiosyncracies about him.

Sammartino & Billy Graham were two of the loudest voices that publicly attacked Vince during the 1991 steroid trial.
That whole thing seemed extremely personal to Bruno, and it was never clearly understood why.

Then Bruno jumped on the attack banwagon regarding the sex scandals around the same time.
But again, why?
Bruno wasn’t directly or indirectly involved in any of that, either.

Those facts, along with the negative personal comments Bruno has made about Vince over the years, really suggest that it’s just a personal vendetta.
The only problem is, nobody can understand exactly why.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 05:33:07 PM »
People usually mellow as they age...not Bruno. On one hand, I respect him for sticking to his guns and not working with WWE , but on the other, he really comes across as bitter most of the time. Bruno was one of the best ever and  and David was god awful. I think he has a good enough eye for wrestling to know talent when he sees it, but because it was his kid, he never saw his lack of skill. He'll never be back IMO.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »
People usually mellow as they age...not Bruno. On one hand, I respect him for sticking to his guns and not working with WWE , but on the other, he really comes across as bitter most of the time. Bruno was one of the best ever and  and David was god awful. I think he has a good enough eye for wrestling to know talent when he sees it, but because it was his kid, he never saw his lack of skill. He'll never be back IMO.

No.
He was a mark for his own kid.
It's pretty bad, though, that after twenty years he still doesn't realize it wasn't Vince that held David back; it was David who held David back.

David sucked.
There's no shame in that.
This business isn't for everybody.

Get over it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
Bruno has made it and made tons of cash. Back in the 60's & 70's he was the WWWF (then)'s biggest star. He sold out the eastern territory with relative ease and held the world title for 11 years straight. He is bitter because:
1. His son never made it anywhere as he just didn't have it and Bruno blames Vince for it. Also, when his son was brought into the WWE and Bruno retired, Vince then swindled Bruno to come out of retirement to "sell out" more arena's just on the north eastern coast to make money for the WWE's B&C shows back in the eighties while Vince got rid of his son.

2. The business itself. Bruno is so old schooled that he hates what the business has become.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 02:57:48 PM »
2. The business itself. Bruno is so old schooled that he hates what the business has become.

I know he says that, but he also makes appearances today at indy shows.
I don't get it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 06:03:55 AM »

I know he says that, but he also makes appearances today at indy shows.
I don't get it.
Its like I have always said, Monty, wrestlers should learn how to stay retired or keep their trap shut at the very least.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:59 AM »
Bruno has made it and made tons of cash. Back in the 60's & 70's he was the WWWF (then)'s biggest star. He sold out the eastern territory with relative ease and held the world title for 11 years straight. He is bitter because:
1. His son never made it anywhere as he just didn't have it and Bruno blames Vince for it. Also, when his son was brought into the WWE and Bruno retired, Vince then swindled Bruno to come out of retirement to "sell out" more arena's just on the north eastern coast to make money for the WWE's B&C shows back in the eighties while Vince got rid of his son.

bruno was making around 150,000 dollars  when the top baseball salary was 165,000 dollars at the time willie mays.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
bruno was making around 150,000 dollars  when the top baseball salary was 165,000 dollars at the time willie mays.
And back then that was a lot of money. That's what people don't understand. A loaf of bread was only 5 cents. An average house was 30,000 - 50,000.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 01:08:37 PM »
 it was said that bruno sold out madison square garden 211 times in the new wwe encyolpedia. i know i butchered the spelling.
F