Author Topic: How many lbs of whey protein you ingest per week?  (Read 4003 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: How many lbs of whey protein you ingest per week?
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 03:12:55 AM »

Used to drink 1-2 shakes a day(30g per shake) and mostly it was for the taste.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 03:18:08 AM »
All it is - is convinience - it is easier to mix a shake than prep a protein rich meal and there are also some decent tasting shakes on the market today - other than that protein is protein

Meso_z

• Getbig V

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 04:49:41 AM »
I have three 50g protein shakes each day - one at breakfast (because I don't like egg whites), one post workout, and one before bed.

Probably on about 300g of protein a day at the moment - half from shakes, the other half from solid food.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 06:27:51 AM »
0...real food.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 06:42:02 AM »
Haven't drank a protein shake in 3 years.

At one point I was a 4 shakes per day day.

Seen absolutely no difference in physique.

I eat under 100 grams per day

Exactly. Same here.

I think CARBS are much more important than protein to the natural lifter.

barrettaswine

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 07:01:24 AM »
READ FRANCO COLUMBU'S NUTRITION BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 07:16:37 AM »
Good post BFRS, but don't forget bout the saturated fats, as they keep test levels up ;)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 07:40:10 AM »
READ FRANCO COLUMBU'S NUTRITION BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No

barrettaswine

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »
YES!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »
Exactly. Same here.

I think CARBS are much more important than protein to the natural lifter.

::) ::) ::) ::)

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »
Whey protein can clog a man up pretty quick. When I want a shake I make one, here is my recipe.

1/2 cup whole milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup strawberries
1/2 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
25 almonds (approx)
2tbsp almond butter
1/4 cup of steel cut oats
five ice cubes

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 10:40:40 PM »
Whey protein can clog a man up pretty quick. When I want a shake I make one, here is my recipe.

1/2 cup whole milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup strawberries
1/2 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
25 almonds (approx)
2tbsp almond butter
1/4 cup of steel cut oats
five ice cubes
Let me guess, you are a "powerlifter"?

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »
Let me guess, you are a "powerlifter"?

I use all my power when I lift and I do enjoy a good shake from time to time! Hope this answers your question.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »
ya ya I know, a real getbigger is supposed to only eat "real" food and train in "real" gyms, and thats cool. I probably eat more meat then most of fellas here, but the intake of it is restricted only to lunch and dinner time.

Convenience and concentration is the key thing about protein pownders.

How iditiot one has to be to bring some pre cooked chicken wing to the office and during mid afternoon put it on the table and chug it in fron of everyone else and make stink of food the whole place? Or after you do some good partying and bang some fine hoe at 4am you go straight to the kitchen to prepare some "real" food because your last meal was 6 hours ago?? Thats the stuff that makes "bodybuilders" a joke to normal people you know.

Also, with "real" food you have to eat 2at least 3 times more grams than whey pownders to get the same % of proteins. And this means 3 times more "output" to. No thanks but everything that would make me go to the shitter more than 1x per day I will pass.

Not to mention, most, if not all, people that I know that preach agaisnt protein powders doesnt even look like they lift weights. Strong dudes, OTOH, always get at lest 2 protein shakes a day (remember that pic Groink posted, he only uses 3 supps being one of them a huge tub of whey). So yes its cool to brag you only eat "real" food but it is even cooler to work out and get results. Hope this helps.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
I use all my power when I lift and I do enjoy a good shake from time to time! Hope this answers your question.
calm down gloria.  ;D

good job, keep it up.  ;)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »
ya ya I know, a real getbigger is supposed to only eat "real" food and train in "real" gyms, and thats cool. I probably eat more meat then most of fellas here, but the intake of it is restricted only to lunch and dinner time.

Convenience and concentration is the key thing about protein pownders.

How iditiot one has to be to bring some pre cooked chicken wing to the office and during mid afternoon put it on the table and chug it in fron of everyone else and make stink of food the whole place? Or after you do some good partying and bang some fine hoe at 4am you go straight to the kitchen to prepare some "real" food because your last meal was 6 hours ago?? Thats the stuff that makes "bodybuilders" a joke to normal people you know.

Also, with "real" food you have to eat 2at least 3 times more grams than whey pownders to get the same % of proteins. And this means 3 times more "output" to. No thanks but everything that would make me go to the shitter more than 1x per day I will pass.

Not to mention, most, if not all, people that I know that preach agaisnt protein powders doesnt even look like they lift weights. Strong dudes, OTOH, always get at lest 2 protein shakes a day (remember that pic Groink posted, he only uses 3 supps being one of them a huge tub of whey). So yes its cool to brag you only eat "real" food but it is even cooler to work out and get results. Hope this helps.
I think liquid eggwhites is a superior alternative to protein powders...if you dont want to brink a fork and a spoon at work...
Protein powders are more for "flavour"...

Everytime I ask someone who uses supps and looks like shit, about the protein powder he uses - if ita good..I always get an answer regarding "flavour"..."yes it tastes great"....rofl, I shake my head..

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
I think liquid eggwhites is a superior alternative to protein powders...if you dont want to brink a fork and a spoon at work...
Protein powders are more for "flavour"...

Everytime I ask someone who uses supps and looks like shit, about the protein powder he uses - if ita good..I always get an answer regarding "flavour"..."yes it tastes great"....rofl, I shake my head..

Are far superior in what exacly? BV? Concentration? In terms of numbers surely they are not superior. Whey is also very easy on my stomach, egg whites on the other side can make me turn into a fucking farting machine. When I was a kid I had a workout partner that didnt had money for the twinalbs aminofuel (was THE supp in brazil back in the 90s) so he would drink 15-20 egg whites a day and maan om man it was nasty, even his clothes had this constant smell of FART, lol. I still drink a couple of egg whities every day for the sake of it though.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 09:46:25 AM »
im down to one shake a week.
A

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 10:02:03 AM »
I get my protein straight from the tap, no homo.