Author Topic: Ron Poop Paul:" Killing Bin Laden was not absolutely necessary."NO on Mission.  (Read 1704 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/12/paul-killing-obl-absolutely-was-not-necessary/

Paul: Killing OBL “absolutely was not necessary”

POSTED AT 8:48 AM ON MAY 12, 2011 BY ED MORRISSEY   
PRINTER-FRIENDLY

Ron Paul’s supporters plan on another run for the presidency from the Texas Congressman, and some are saying that the mainstream has finally begun to embrace his ideas on economics and the Fed.  On foreign policy and national defense, though, perhaps Paul is farther out than ever.  In a radio interview on Tuesday, reported this morning in Politico, Paul said he would not have greenlighted the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, and would have worked with Pakistan to arrest him instead:

“I think things could have been done somewhat differently,” Paul said this week. “I would suggest the way they got Khalid [Sheikh] Mohammed. We went and cooperated with Pakistan. They arrested him, actually, and turned him over to us, and he’s been in prison. Why can’t we work with the government?”

Paul also told WHO’s Simon Conway that the mission “absolutely was not necessary”:

“I don’t think it was necessary, no. It absolutely was not necessary,” Paul said during his Tuesday comments. “I think respect for the rule of law and world law and international law. What if he’d been in a hotel in London? We wanted to keep it secret, so would we have sent the airplane, you know the helicopters into London, because they were afraid the information would get out?”

For one thing, had we found him holed up in London, we would have been able to trust the British intelligence service to cooperate.  MI-5 didn’t spend more than a decade helping to build up the Taliban and playing footsie with radical Islamists the way Pakistan’s ISI did, primarily as a bulwark against India.  Moreover, as Paul should know, we tried trusting Pakistan once before on an opportunity to target bin Laden when Bill Clinton had a chance to target his compound.  The ISI warned bin Laden, and to paraphrase President George Bush, we wound up sending a $10 million rocket into a ten-dollar tent to hit a camel’s butt.

I would have had no problem with capturing Osama bin Laden, or with killing him.  He declared war on the United States and continued to pursue it until his last breath.  Furthermore, I have no problem with us conducting a military mission in Pakistan to get him.  Pakistan has proven themselves unreliable on high-level intelligence matters in the past, specifically on OBL, and we have had little cause to put any more trust in the Pakistani ISI ever since.

Paul has a few good ideas on fiscal policy, but is otherwise a nut.  Insisting that we should have asked the Pakistanis to arrest bin Laden proves rather clearly that Paul lives in a fantasy world.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
 ::)

Work with Pakistan. HA HA HA  Thats a good one Poop Paul.

I told you Poopsters that Paul WOULD NOT have gone after Bin Laden or anything of that nature.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
We had to kill obi.   The legal nonsense w him would go on for decades if we brought him back here. 

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
I like RP, but shit, he is not helping his cause with this nonsense.  Most people wanted him dead not captured.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
We had to kill obi.   The legal nonsense w him would go on for decades if we brought him back here.  

capture, keep and tell the world he's history.  that's what they should have done.

no way you just kill the head of such a terror org, when you have the opportunity to milk it for info.

Of course, you do'nt want him testifying about his connections, where his $ comes from, etc...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
 Is it true that Pakistan worked with the US to have Khalid [Sheikh] Mohammed, arrested and handed over to the west? Is that correct?

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
you really think he would talk?  I don't think he would have no matter what.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
capture, keep and tell the world he's history.  that's what they should have done.

no way you just kill the head of such a terror org, when you have the opportunity to milk it for info.

Of course, you do'nt want him testifying about his connections, where his $ comes from, etc...
!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Is it true that Pakistan worked with the US to have Khalid [Sheikh] Mohammed, arrested and handed over to the west? Is that correct?

More like the CIA tracked his ass into Pakistan and they were forced to cough him up.

The only terrorists Pakistan has willingly handed over are those we don't want nor really care about, i.e. terrorists who threaten Pakistan. We ask for the ones operating in Afghanistan and they offer up 5 chumps that threaten Pakistani sovereignty as a way of saving face.

Ironically, Gadhafi has done quite a lot of work in capturing and handing over Al Qaeda operators. Worked out well for him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

???

You're telling me that ANY investigator would rather kill a guy with knowledge of ongoing terror operations - rather than interrogate him?

Silly.  We know bin laden was directing ongoing terror activities - we kill him without asking Qs?  That's asinine.  You capture, you interrogate, try and sentence him to death.  period.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
USS Cole

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
???

You're telling me that ANY investigator would rather kill a guy with knowledge of ongoing terror operations - rather than interrogate him?

Silly.  We know bin laden was directing ongoing terror activities - we kill him without asking Qs?  That's asinine.  You capture, you interrogate, try and sentence him to death.  period.

There are many others that have knowledge of terrorist operations that we can capture and interrogate.  OBL had to be killed.  I am sure that he had a load of info at that compound so what good is he alive.  He wouldn't have talked anyway.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
There are many others that have knowledge of terrorist operations that we can capture and interrogate. 

???

You don't want to pick the brain of the LEADER?  Really?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

I told you Poopsters that Paul WOULD NOT have gone after Bin Laden or anything of that nature.

You and I may not agree with his tactics on this issue but thats a far cry from doing nothing as you state.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
More like the CIA tracked his ass into Pakistan and they were forced to cough him up.

The only terrorists Pakistan has willingly handed over are those we don't want nor really care about, i.e. terrorists who threaten Pakistan. We ask for the ones operating in Afghanistan and they offer up 5 chumps that threaten Pakistani sovereignty as a way of saving face.

Ironically, Gadhafi has done quite a lot of work in capturing and handing over Al Qaeda operators. Worked out well for him.

Thanks for the explaination. Has the US given an official response regarding Pakistan hiding Bin Laden or not?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
???

He's not going to give you any new info that we can't glean from his diaries and computer hard drives. OBL is a guy you send out a kill mission for, not kill or capture.

In addition, the SLIGHTEST inkling that you did not kill the man you claimed you did, and your credibility is forever fucked. Just saying "Osama is dead" without anyone seeing him dead in photos, the wives denying he was killed at the time of the attack, and AQ out there not willing to confirm his death, all point to your little scenario being a disastrous idea.
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
He's not going to give you any new info that we can't glean from his diaries and computer hard drives. OBL is a guy you send out a kill mission for, not kill or capture.

In addition, the SLIGHTEST inkling that you did not kill the man you claimed you did, and your credibility is forever fucked. Just saying "Osama is dead" without anyone seeing him dead in photos, the wives denying he was killed at the time of the attack, and AQ out there not willing to confirm his death, all point to your little scenario being a disastrous idea.

Do you have any issues at all with the official story. Sounds kinda strange that a guy would sue money into his clotheds for a quick getaway while at the same time carry around a diary and computers, flash cards, videos of himself watching tv(for what?), etc...

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Do you have any issues at all with the official story. Sounds kinda strange that a guy would sue money into his clotheds for a quick getaway while at the same time carry around a diary and computer, flash cards, videos of himself watching tv(for what?), etc...
I don't know that there is an "official story" as to how it all went down. I haven't followed the intricate details of the raid, to be honest. I just know that bin Laden is dead, and that's really all that matters to me. Job well done.

!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

???

???

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Completely illogical to me.

He's not going to give us any new info?  how do you know that?  KSM did, and he was as hardcore as they come.  OBL seemed like much more of a wuss.  And you pump enough drugs into him, he'll talk. 

I don't understand the logic here.  You can kill him at any time you have him in custody, or just beat and milk him until the kidneys fail.  Makes no sense you wouldn't at least spend a month asking him about this supposed upcoming anniversary attack.

Sorry, smells weird.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Completely illogical to me.

He's not going to give us any new info?  how do you know that?  KSM did, and he was as hardcore as they come.  OBL seemed like much more of a wuss.  And you pump enough drugs into him, he'll talk. 

I don't understand the logic here.  You can kill him at any time you have him in custody, or just beat and milk him until the kidneys fail.  Makes no sense you wouldn't at least spend a month asking him about this supposed upcoming anniversary attack.

Sorry, smells weird.
Your whole idea is wacko and weird, dude. Thankfully, we have guys smarter than you in command. Put a bullet in his head and dump his ass in the ocean. No muss, no fuss.  ;)
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Your whole idea is wacko and weird, dude. Thankfully, we have guys smarter than you in command. Put a bullet in his head and dump his ass in the ocean. No muss, no fuss.  ;)

What exactly is wacko about what he said there

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

THIS ^^^

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
once again...
In addition, the SLIGHTEST inkling that you did not kill the man you claimed you did, LIED to the world, and your credibility is forever fucked. Just saying "Osama is dead" without anyone seeing him dead in photos, the wives denying he was killed at the time of the attack, and AQ out there not willing to confirm his death, all point to your little scenario being a disastrous idea.
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
once again...

I understood that he was defending a position of capturing him alive and interrogating him and not necessarily that he's still alive.