Author Topic: Biggest pet peeve at the gym?  (Read 47578 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Biggest pet peeve at the gym?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »
Greasy, sweaty head marks left on the benches  >:(
:

newmom

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »

I'd rather see that  then sweaty ass marks

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »
Oh Christ....here's mine....and don't mind the commentary....

Idiots who circuit train during busy times - These idiots need to realize that they don't own the equipment and that others are paying to use the equipment too.

Shadow boxers - These morons need to realize that they are in the wrong gym. There are plenty of martial arts dojo's and boxing academy's that can accomadate these goofs. Translation = "Hey everyone look at me...I can't dumbbell press 60 lbs but i'll show them what a tough guy I am by throwing hooks and uppercuts.  ::)"

People who moan like elephants - You had better have at least 4 plates aside on that bar before you even make a peep. I know guys who barley make a sound deadlifting 6 plates aside. Translation = "Hey everyone, look at me...I just completed a set of dumbell curls with 40lbs  ::)"

People who leave towels / bottles on equipment = if your not using it, put it elsewhere. You don't own it.

People who leave dumbbells all over the floor - No etiquette what so ever.

Women who use flat benches as stair climbers - Its not a fucking stair climber and your ruining the bench. Go to Bally's for that shit.

People who do push ups and chin ups - These people need to quit or get their head checked. You can do that shit at home in your cellar. It amazes me how with all the array of dumbbells and machines and hammer strengths how people still invent their own excersises. These of course are the same people who weight 165lbs in 2005 and in 2011 they still look the same and weight the same.

Self righteous naturals - These guys are the biggest joke of all. "I never take steroids and never will...drugs are bad! I saw on CNN!". Oh really? I suppose you refused your polio shots as well.  ::) These guys take pride in gaining a half a pound a year. Then when they get a headache, they will go to the drug store and buy EXTRA STRENGTH advil and pop them like pez....but steroids are bad because the TV says so....wow...

Trainers who think they know it all - These idiots walk around like they own the place with their mind blowing 150lb physiques who took their 1 day certification test and now all of a sudden they are Charles Glass.

Steroid abusers - These guys weigh 180lbs....two months later...they weigh 235lbs of water retention, no strength whatsoever and they think that qualifies them to wear tank tops, stringy tops, fag tops, etc. Two months later they are back to 180lbs, burnt receptors with sweaters in the gym hiding their pathetic 5000mg a week physique that withered away with the wind. These idiots also never heard of nutrition, dicipline, hard work or supplementation.

Tall guys 6ft plus that think they're "big" because they weight 225lbs - Your not big. At your height and weight you should be triple your size. Epic jealousy of these morons that blame their ZERO strength to "long limbs" WTF??? Bottom line, you can't lift the weight. Your weak as shit. Admit it and move on.

Older people with pot bellies that weight 160lbs but they're doing wrist curls on the one bench that you need and are waiting on - enough said.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »
Don't know why, but this post made me lol.

Oh Christ....here's mine....and don't mind the commentary....

Idiots who circuit train during busy times - These idiots need to realize that they don't own the equipment and that others are paying to use the equipment too.

Shadow boxers - These morons need to realize that they are in the wrong gym. There are plenty of martial arts dojo's and boxing academy's that can accomadate these goofs. Translation = "Hey everyone look at me...I can't dumbbell press 60 lbs but i'll show them what a tough guy I am by throwing hooks and uppercuts.  ::)"

People who moan like elephants - You had better have at least 4 plates aside on that bar before you even make a peep. I know guys who barley make a sound deadlifting 6 plates aside. Translation = "Hey everyone, look at me...I just completed a set of dumbell curls with 40lbs  ::)"

People who leave towels / bottles on equipment = if your not using it, put it elsewhere. You don't own it.

People who leave dumbbells all over the floor - No etiquette what so ever.

Women who use flat benches as stair climbers - Its not a fucking stair climber and your ruining the bench. Go to Bally's for that shit.

People who do push ups and chin ups - These people need to quit or get their head checked. You can do that shit at home in your cellar. It amazes me how with all the array of dumbbells and machines and hammer strengths how people still invent their own excersises. These of course are the same people who weight 165lbs in 2005 and in 2011 they still look the same and weight the same.

Self righteous naturals - These guys are the biggest joke of all. "I never take steroids and never will...drugs are bad! I saw on CNN!". Oh really? I suppose you refused your polio shots as well.  ::) These guys take pride in gaining a half a pound a year. Then when they get a headache, they will go to the drug store and buy EXTRA STRENGTH advil and pop them like pez....but steroids are bad because the TV says so....wow...

Trainers who think they know it all - These idiots walk around like they own the place with their mind blowing 150lb physiques who took their 1 day certification test and now all of a sudden they are Charles Glass.

Steroid abusers - These guys weigh 180lbs....two months later...they weigh 235lbs of water retention, no strength whatsoever and they think that qualifies them to wear tank tops, stringy tops, fag tops, etc. Two months later they are back to 180lbs, burnt receptors with sweaters in the gym hiding their pathetic 5000mg a week physique that withered away with the wind. These idiots also never heard of nutrition, dicipline, hard work or supplementation.

Tall guys 6ft plus that think they're "big" because they weight 225lbs - Your not big. At your height and weight you should be triple your size. Epic jealousy of these morons that blame their ZERO strength to "long limbs" WTF??? Bottom line, you can't lift the weight. Your weak as shit. Admit it and move on.

Older people with pot bellies that weight 160lbs but they're doing wrist curls on the one bench that you need and are waiting on - enough said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »
What's your biggest pet peeve? What annoys you most when working out at the gym?

Packs of young kids crowding around equipment all on their cell phones and nt doing a damn thing.   

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »
Damn, there's so many - too many, actually, to recount here, but a couple that stand out:

When I trained mid-mornings for a while, I occasionally saw a guy - maybe in his 50’s - read a newspaper between sets on the leg press.
He must’ve read entire articles before going again; his ass wouldn’t leave that seat for 20 mins.
I never said anything because the owner was usually there & saw it, but also because it’d be a pain-in-the-ass to keep loading/unloading the plates.

Another goodie is the people who would use the reverse hyper bench as a coffee table for their drinks and other “accessories.”

However, I tend not to mind anything unless it directly affects me/my training.
QED - I couldn’t care less if a guy leaves something loaded with (up to) the weight I’m going to start with.
Yeah, he did the wrong thing, but it worked to my advantage, so I‘ll take it.

Likewise, I don’t care how far down someone squats; I don’t watch other guys.
I don’t care what they do or how they’re dressed.
Just don’t impede my workout.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »

I heard you were into greasy sweaty head marks.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
How about five dudes hanging out at a preacher curl?   

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »
Dummies who jump rope ...

Its not the YMCA.

Scout200

• Getbig I
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2011, 08:11:40 AM »
people that circle the parking lot to get a closer spot..WTF

Ha ha.. I NEVER thought about that!!  LOL, nice!

newmom

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
Ha ha.. I NEVER thought about that!!  LOL, nice!

and ya wanna hear the kicker. Usually a delusional asshat that think he's got huge legs. One time, he walks around strutting like a peacock like his shit don't stink. I said, are you constipated, he goes no why, then why the fuck are you walking around like your quadzilla with them little legs. Dumbass. He thought I was kidding, but I really wasn't

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 10:38:14 AM »
and ya wanna hear the kicker. Usually a delusional asshat that think he's got huge legs. One time, he walks around strutting like a peacock like his shit don't stink. I said, are you constipated, he goes no why, then why the fuck are you walking around like your quadzilla with them little legs. Dumbass. He thought I was kidding, but I really wasn't

Did the guy ever show his face in the gym after that verbal beatdown? 

newmom

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
Did the guy ever show his face in the gym after that verbal beatdown? 

yea he does. He's such a fucking clown. I remember when I first started at the gym, he made nasty remarks about me being fat. I started changing times going (not because of him). Last year, he was all smiles and saying hi. Then had the balls to ask me out (which I don't date anyone from the gym). I said oh you don't remember me. I was the fatty you used to make fun of in the am. He stood there ghost white.

Yea, he still goes and tries to be nice, but I just roll my eyes at him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »
yea he does. He's such a fucking clown. I remember when I first started at the gym, he made nasty remarks about me being fat. I started changing times going (not because of him). Last year, he was all smiles and saying hi. Then had the balls to ask me out (which I don't date anyone from the gym). I said oh you don't remember me. I was the fatty you used to make fun of in the am. He stood there ghost white.

Yea, he still goes and tries to be nice, but I just roll my eyes at him.

Go like this to him next time:   

"Have you been taking time off the gym for awhile?"

;D 

newmom

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »
Go like this to him next time:   

"Have you been taking time off the gym for awhile?"

;D 

LMAO..love it

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2011, 11:28:09 AM »
Fat chicks in spandex.fat dudes in spandex shorts :-X :-X :-X

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 12:08:47 PM »
How about old man balls.....these idiots think that they are in a 5-star hotel and they spend 5 minutes worjking out and 2 hours in the shower.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 12:09:58 PM »
How about old man balls.....these idiots think that they are in a 5-star hotel and they spend 5 minutes worjking out and 2 hours in the shower.  ::)  ::)  ::)

I thought it was only my gym they do that shit! 

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
I despise the "music"...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 02:03:37 PM »
I really sick of the 17-25 crowd doing ONLY arm and chest.   Dudes are walking around sauced with pencils for legs and running around like they are huge and cant even bench 225, let alone squat 135.

I always have to make sure  do legs/back on monday or tuesday since where I go gets packed with douchebags.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »
lots of haterrzzzz in this thread.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 06:46:33 AM »
I really sick of the 17-25 crowd doing ONLY arm and chest.   Dudes are walking around sauced with pencils for legs and running around like they are huge and cant even bench 225, let alone squat 135.

I always have to make sure  do legs/back on monday or tuesday since where I go gets packed with douchebags.

For me its the over 45yrs old crowd that takes up space. They're the tools that use two to three different stations at once and give you attitude if you move their towel and work in. Makes me sick.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 06:54:05 AM »
For me its the over 45yrs old crowd that takes up space. They're the tools that use two to three different stations at once and give you attitude if you move their towel and work in. Makes me sick.

Or how about dudes reading a book while sitting on machine with their legs crossed over?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 07:14:24 AM »
Or how about dudes reading a book while sitting on machine with their legs crossed over?
I seen one 50yr old tool doing incline dumbbell presses in the leg press once because the seat is on an "incline"....wow....he tied up the whole machine for nothing.

Or how about thsee older losers that are on a smith machine (the one time you actually want to use it), they know your waiting for it, they see you waiting for it and they still take their fucking time with no worries in the world. I give idiots diplomatic tune ups at least once a week at the gym. Fuck that...i'm paying to use the stuff too.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2011, 07:45:40 AM »
Old dudes in the locker room bare ass naked and blow drying their hair :-X :-X :-X