Author Topic: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home  (Read 952 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home
« on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
INDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer's entry.

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy  ??? and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," David said. "We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest."

David said a person arrested following an unlawful entry by police still can be released on bail and has plenty of opportunities to protest the illegal entry through the court system.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_ec169697-a19e-525f-a532-81b3df229697.html

This is just unbelievable. Obey slave!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »
Obama got Osama, that's all that matters...
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
Police state. 

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 06:39:47 PM »
unreal.  The founding fathers must be rolling in their graves.  The judicial system is turning to absolute shit.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »
I bet the way we spread democracy and justice around the world is as principled as they say it is. The above is a shining example of how it's done at home, why would it be any different abroad?

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 02:33:06 AM »
Fuck you..this makes me sick

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 07:33:59 AM »
This is disgusting.  Hopefully some bright attorney can get this thing into Federal court and get it overturned.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »
Skip - check out my thread on the marine getting killed in house by the SWAT Team.   

I'm sorry - i USED to be pro- law enforcement.  No longer.

I have had it.   The Bitches in Blue need a kick in the ass.       

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
INDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer's entry.

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy  ??? and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," David said. "We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest."

David said a person arrested following an unlawful entry by police still can be released on bail and has plenty of opportunities to protest the illegal entry through the court system.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_ec169697-a19e-525f-a532-81b3df229697.html

This is just unbelievable. Obey slave!

They must be on crack.  Can't imagine this will not get overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:16:33 AM »
We need a few Leonards from the "The Professional" to get these pofs pyschos in order.   

Purge_WTF

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
  Any cop who tries to get into my house without a damn good reason is not gonna walk back out.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 11:01:29 AM »
Skip - check out my thread on the marine getting killed in house by the SWAT Team.   

I'm sorry - i USED to be pro- law enforcement.  No longer.

I have had it.   The Bitches in Blue need a kick in the ass.       

Same here, especially after the subway incident last year.
I hate the State.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 07:49:06 PM »
I guess the 4th amendment doesn't exist in Indiana

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »
Wow... Is no one working on this?

This can NOT be allowed to stand.

This is absolutely ridiculous... If you wanna protest something... THIS is a great place to start.

Fuck tha' Police.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »
I wonder how this Justice would react if an intruder, cop or otherwise, invaded his home one night at 3am. Would he say it is a matter of public policy to stay put?