Author Topic: TICKS!  (Read 4231 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
TICKS!
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
Does anyone have any good ways to ward them off.  I hear Citrus sprays work well.  Any other ideas?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: TICKS!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »

Works on Dogs but also works on Vagabonds.
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
Does anyone have any good ways to ward them off.  I hear Citrus sprays work well.  Any other ideas?
Apple Cider Vinegar works ticks hate it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
Apple Cider Vinegar works ticks hate it.
Really?  What do I do? Put it on like a cologne?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »
Really?  What do I do? Put it on like a cologne?
Kinda sorta just take bottle with you when out in the woods put some on the legs, they will stay off you cheap as hell too.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 03:48:40 PM »
There is this Avon product called "skin so soft bug repellent" it's like a lotion.

Back in the day my mom used to buy skin so soft and all of a sudden people noticed that bugs wouldn't come near you when you had it on.

It comes in spray and something like a sun screen bottle... It doesn't really smell feminine or anything.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
Thanks so much guys!  This is the kind of advice I was looking for.  Getbig for the win!  Any other ideas also?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
Thanks so much guys!  This is the kind of advice I was looking for.  Getbig for the win!  Any other ideas also?
check out the hunting/camping section at your local sports store.
A

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
There is this Avon product called "skin so soft bug repellent" it's like a lotion.

Back in the day my mom used to buy skin so soft and all of a sudden people noticed that bugs wouldn't come near you when you had it on.

It comes in spray and something like a sun screen bottle... It doesn't really smell feminine or anything.

I've heard it works great for mosquitoes, but never heard about ticks.

The Frontline works great for dogs, but personally, I wouldn't use it if at all possible.

I like the vinegar idea.
:

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
I've heard it works great for mosquitoes, but never heard about ticks.

The Frontline works great for dogs, but personally, I wouldn't use it if at all possible.

I like the vinegar idea.

From the description.

Take cover. Sunblock and insect repellant combo moisturizes and protects skin from harmful rays, as well as shoos insects such as mosquitoes and ticks that may transmit West Nile Virus and Lyme Disease. Moisturizes with aloe and vitamin E. Pleaseantly scented. Pediatrician and dermatologist-tested. DEET-Free. PABA-Free. Very water-resistant, sweat-resistant. SPF 30 UVA/UVB protection. 4 fl. oz.

You'd really rather smell like a cucumber salad?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »

You'd really rather smell like a cucumber salad?

I think the smell dissipates.  I use it as a rinse for my hair once in awhile.
:

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »
I think the smell dissipates.  I use it as a rinse for my hair once in awhile.

I will take your word for it... but I am not covering myself with vinegar unless something extremely kinky is going on.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
Apple Cider Vinegar obliterates Moles and any spots on the skin.  Its some good stuff.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
Apple Cider Vinegar obliterates Moles and any spots on the skin.  Its some good stuff.
On the money.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »
o realllyyyy.  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
DEET?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
o realllyyyy.  ???
Yep. Better than any dermatologist can do with zero scarring.  Raised Moles, Flat Moles it doesn`t matter.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »
Yep. Better than any dermatologist can do with zero scarring.  Raised Moles, Flat Moles it doesn`t matter.

Is this a permanent removal? I have a mole to test it on... Does it require many days of application? How does one do this process?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »
I will take your word for it... but I am not covering myself with vinegar unless something extremely kinky is going on.

If something extremely kinky was going on, covering myself with vinegar would definitely kill the mood. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »
Is this a permanent removal? I have a mole to test it on... Does it require many days of application? How does one do this process?
Permanent. 
Take a needle to the mole and rough it up a bit until it bleeds.  Poke it a few times.  Take a Q-Tip dip it in the apple cider vinegar and apply it directly to the mole.  Hold it there for like 30 mintues or so.  You can do this twice a day for two days, but it may not be necessary.  Be careful to only get the mole and not the surrounding skin.  It will turn black and kill the proteins in the mole and essentially kill the mole.  Fresh skin will appear in about a week- 2 weeks and the coloration will match your skin shortly. 

This permanently will remove it as it is basically a Usnic Acid treatment that costs a pretty penny at the Dermatologist.  This method is completely safe and will not cause any scarring whatsoever.  If you need help let me know.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
if u pour rubbing alcohol all over the hot spots then the ticks will not want to get on u
w

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
You will probably only need two applications in one day to turn it black.  Also, if you don`t happen to get it all (perhaps you didn`t get it deep enough) you can always do it again until its gone.  The mole will NEVER return. Ever.

Also, you can crush a Garlic Clove and do the same thing or use it in conjunction with the apple cider vinegar.  The Garlic Clove is extremely volatile and will burn a bit.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 05:39:02 PM »

Submerse your cabeza in a bucket of water for 4 minutes.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 05:40:59 PM »
I like my moles though  :'(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 05:42:47 PM »
Submerse your cabeza in a bucket of water for 4 minutes.
Nice try, but I`m extremely adept at holding my breath.  I`ve never tried for time, but I used to try for distance.  I would routinely do nearly 100 meters underwater without a breath.  Now If I was just standing still, it would be a long time as I wouldn`t be depleting the oxygen in my muscles.