Author Topic: I need trick from experienced runners  (Read 5419 times)

Stavios

I need trick from experienced runners
« on: May 16, 2011, 05:51:45 AM »
I need to go from  the shittiest cardio ever to being able to run 9 kilometers in the least amount of time.

fuck my life

when I try to run my hamstrings and glutes gets so fucking pumped than it makes it impossible to run for a long amount of time

any tips ?
I think I will have to lose some weight maybe too :s

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: I need trick from experienced runners
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:54:09 AM »
I need to go from  the shittiest cardio ever to being able to run 9 kilometers in the least amount of time.

fuck my life

when I try to run my hamstrings and glutes gets so fucking pumped than it makes it impossible to run for a long amount of time

any tips ?

Cela vaut pas la peine.
I hate the State.

Maldoror

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:01:13 AM »
WTF for? Military? Are you going to be drug tested?

newmom

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:06:54 AM »
Honestly, best way IMO, go as fast as you can for 2 minutes then slow down for a  minute. I don't know what it's for but do that for a few days then go for more endurance then pick up speed as you go.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:26:38 AM »
I need to go from  the shittiest cardio ever to being able to run 9 kilometers in the least amount of time.

fuck my life

any tips ?

Motocross riders get painful cramps and pumps in their forearms and say that creatine helps.
:

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 06:29:51 AM »
Why the distance of 9K?  That's an odd distance.  Road races in general are 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon.

First get an ok from a doctor to run.  You don't want to drop dead in your new running shoes.

Monday get on the treadmill and walk at 3.8 mph.  Each quarter mile raise the elevation 1%.  See how high you can get before you're exhausted.  Lets say you get up to 5% and you are shot. Then do a last quarter mile lap at zero elevation. Keep working at this until you can get up to 12% elevation in 1% raises for each quarter mile. Remember it's 1% for each quarter mile. If you can go from zero to 12% you will be in good shape.

Tuesday go for a a slow 5 mile to get you use to being on your feet. I don't believe in walking breaks like many do because it makes it to easy to quit when the going gets tough. Your five miles could be a little shuffle if you're really out of shape.

Wednesday it's going to be intervals.  This could be done on a high school quarter mile track or again the treadmill.  Warm up with a slow half mile jog.  Then stop and rest for the work ahead.  Run two laps (800 meters) or a half mile as fast as you can.  When finished walk fast for one quarter mile. You will do 4x 800 meters.  As your workouts progress go to 6x800.  

Thurday it going to be a fun run.  Go out and run in a park and do 2 to 3 miles.

Friday is another fun run but this time you will push the pace.  3 to 4 miles.

Saturday go for a casual but working bike ride.  

Sunday is time to chill.

Keep notes on your workouts.  Try to eat right.  If you drink alcohol limit to no more than twice a week and those weeks don't go crazy.  

Many try to loose weight with running buy they don't push the intensity.  I can't count how many fat soft guys say they are running 6 miles a day but look out of shape.  When you see them run you realize the problem.  They are going insanely slow.  Two hard miles a days beats 6 dog slow miles. In other words you have to push yourself.

If you combine lifting with this program always lift prior to running.  Hopefully separtated by hours.  Also realize you can't be a powerlifter and a good distance runner. You have to lift a bit lighter and go for endurance type lifting.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:46:17 AM »
Pretty good post old timerand decent advice.
I would just add a couple  things as a former track coach.

STRETCH the lower back and hams before and after your workout.
Alternate slow running with walk breaks right from the start.
Jog 3 min, walk 2min and repeat until you complete the required distance.
Unless you are a really fit distance runner , it is far better for OVERALL time to use walk breaks in any run of 5 mile or more.
Get to a point where you can RUN 5 min and walk 1min for the 5.5 miles. PM me if you need more info.

newmom

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
Old timer, great post and information.

Stavios, also get fitted for the right shoes. Make sure you get at least 75 miles to break them in for the 9k you have to do. Make sure to train at least 3x a week outside. Running on pavement is a lot harder on your legs than on a treadmill. I'm far from an elite runner or anything but I have a full and 3 half marathons under my belt this year so far but I take Glucosamine & Chondroitin. Never had any issues.

try www.jointjuice.com. I use the packets

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 06:49:49 AM »

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
thanks seems like God advice !!

I don'T want to become a long distance runner, I just need to be able to run the 9 kilometers for a job, after that I sure as hell won't give a shit anymore  ;D

Howard, I inuured my hamstring early this year while running after a guy at the club and also in the first afterward haha

since then, my hamstrings are always so tight and stiff, so each leg workout (i train legs 3 times a week), I stech my hamstring with the little machine we have at the gym for that.

it helps TREMENDOUSLY !

really really big difference since I started doing that, I am now able to get my legs up to my head lvel, wich is pretty fucking impressive for me :D

Stavios

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 06:57:56 AM »
Old timer, great post and information.

Stavios, also get fitted for the right shoes. Make sure you get at least 75 miles to break them in for the 9k you have to do. Make sure to train at least 3x a week outside. Running on pavement is a lot harder on your legs than on a treadmill. I'm far from an elite runner or anything but I have a full and 3 half marathons under my belt this year so far but I take Glucosamine & Chondroitin. Never had any issues.

try www.jointjuice.com. I use the packets

thanks I'll make sure i do that  :)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 07:02:02 AM »
thanks seems like God advice !!

I don'T want to become a long distance runner, I just need to be able to run the 9 kilometers for a job, after that I sure as hell won't give a shit anymore  ;D

Howard, I inuured my hamstring early this year while running after a #### at the club and also in the first afterward haha

since then, my hamstrings are always so tight and stiff, so each leg workout (i train legs 3 times a week), I stech my hamstring with the little machine we have at the gym for that.

it helps TREMENDOUSLY !

really really big difference since I started doing that, I am now able to get my legs up to my head lvel, wich is pretty fucking impressive for me :D

If you really need to run well, STOP doing most of your leg work NOW and run 3 days a week instead.
Always start SLOW and end strong

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
tabata protocol to increase VO2 max.
Rinse and repeat.

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 07:19:05 AM »
If you really need to run well, STOP doing most of your leg work NOW and run 3 days a week instead.
Always start SLOW and end strong

fuck my legs really need those workouts haha

oh well, fuck the legs then :s

I'll train them once every 10-15 days to make them stay the same size at least  :-\

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 07:51:16 AM »
400 meter "sprints" are good. For exmple run 400 meters in 2 minutes and rest 2 minutes and repeat. You get 6 km distance in one hour and with good speed. There are no reasons to drag yourself for big distances.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 08:08:03 AM »
this is what we use to run any distance.  it's called 'pose' running.  works wonders for bber types who don't normally run and have more explosive strength than endurance.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »
Honestly, best way IMO, go as fast as you can for 2 minutes then slow down for a  minute. I don't know what it's for but do that for a few days then go for more endurance then pick up speed as you go.

did Genie poo teach you that???

newmom

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
did Genie poo teach you that???

STFU already and NO ;D

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »

2:14

Suck it Spinster! Did ya miss me?

;D   ;D   ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »
STFU already and NO ;D

LOL>...actually your advice is very sound..I do just as you said above...I run on treadmill for two minutes then walk for one minute then run then walk....try to pick up speed as I go......lost 30 pounds in four months.

newmom

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
2:14

Suck it Spinster! Did ya miss me?

;D   ;D   ;D

hey faggola, spin this ya retard. FYI, my running app said I ran 13.85 miles in 2 hour 14 min. A few runners said it was more than 13.1 so there ya tall drink of water.

Yes I missed you.

LOL>...actually your advice is very sound..I do just as you said above...I run on treadmill for two minutes then walk for one minute then run then walk....try to pick up speed as I go......lost 30 pounds in four months.

good job fat ass ;D

Seriously, that's good though

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
hey faggola, spin this ya retard. FYI, my running app said I ran 13.85 miles in 2 hour 14 min. A few runners said it was more than 13.1 so there ya tall drink of water.

Yes I missed you.

2:14.....were you running in deep sand?

(The 13.85 miles is because you think you need to stop at every water station)

I suppose 2:14 is okay FOR YOUR AGE GROUP.

;D   ;D   ;D

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »
I run between six and ten miles a day almost every day. The people I've worked with have been most successful with a modified Couch to 5k plan, doing two a days every day can get you to run a full 5k in three weeks. You can probably do a 10k in six weeks to two months provided you don't get any injury.

newmom

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »
2:14.....were you running in deep sand?

(The 13.85 miles is because you think you need to stop at every water station)

I suppose 2:14 is okay FOR YOUR AGE GROUP.

;D   ;D   ;D

I only went to one water station dipwad. I go to the other side, runners just throw the cups on the ground. Makes for slippery conditions. Actually met a 50 year old woman at the nail salon that ran her first half marathon a few months ago in 1 hour 55 min. She is running her first full marathon in October in Hartford. So we have started training.

Mean fucker >:(. Don't you have to get in your yellow vw bug

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
There is no trick. Go balls deep from the first day. Even if you walk most of the way.
A