Author Topic: jimmy kolb 821 bench video  (Read 5130 times)

yates fan

• Getbig III
jimmy kolb 821 bench video
« on: May 17, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »
here is video of jimmy kolb bencing 821 at wabdl meet

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: jimmy kolb 821 bench video
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
here is video of jimmy kolb bencing 821 at wabdl meet

Invalid link buddy, try again.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »
i just clicked on it and it came up on right side of my screen.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
i just clicked on it and it came up on right side of my screen.
Hmmm that "." is in the wrong place.......

I gotta be honest here.........that was terrible. Slowest descent I have ever seen, ever and I don't think he even locked out.

But I guess he's got guts for getting under that weight in the first place.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »
The slow descent is due to the bench shirt being ultra tight and making sure that he stays within "the groove" (correct bar path). But yeah, I don't think that he locked it out. Also his hand spacing looks to be outside of the maximum allowable hand spacing on the bar.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
He did well. Speed of descent doesn't mean a whole lot. He's wearing an overkill, one of the stoppiest tightest shirts about, if not the stoppiest and tightest. I dunno about his hand spacing, so can't comment on that. Looks locked out to me, however there is downward movement on his left side and a slight flexion then re-extension which should have voided the lift. Strong as fuck though and a great gym lift, but iffy for competition if I'm honest

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
this was done at a wabdl meet,they scrutinized everything,and he was immediately drug tested after his flight,the shirt was a single ply gatana with a scooped neck,even gus reswitch the president of wabdl,came out to platform to make sure everything was legit,i am the a.p.f. state chair for ohio and not necessarily a big wabdl supporter,but they were really strict at this meet.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
I've been to a few meets and never seen someone lower that slow, just looks exhausting to me.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
left arm, never locked out. bar not paused on chest (belly). grip too wide. ......red light all day. not that that shit aint strong, just not a green light

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »
I'm curious what his un-equipped bench would be? I'd say not much more than 500.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 02:19:51 AM »
this was done at a wabdl meet,they scrutinized everything,and he was immediately drug tested after his flight,the shirt was a single ply gatana with a scooped neck,even gus reswitch the president of wabdl,came out to platform to make sure everything was legit,i am the a.p.f. state chair for ohio and not necessarily a big wabdl supporter,but they were really strict at this meet.

Whoops, I watched the video quickly and saw the red type on his chest and assumed OK shirt, looking at it again it's obviously a Titan logo on his leotard. lol. Apologies, my bad!!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 02:24:33 AM »
left arm, never locked out. bar not paused on chest (belly). grip too wide. ......red light all day. not that that shit aint strong, just not a green light

I dunno what the rules are for this fed regarding touching the sternum or what not, but the pause issue is irrelevant. He got a press call and he pressed so you can't criticize him for that. I think the left arm did lock out eventually, but looking at the video, like I say there looks to be a slight flexion then re-extension.

To go back to the belly/sternum rule - according to the rules of my fed the bar must touch the sternum. I have never seen anyone touch the bar to the sternum in my fed and I have never seen anyone redlighted for a low touch. It seems the rules are open to interpretation  ;D Which I'll admit does create some ambiguity. lol