Author Topic: R.I.P. Randy Savage TRIBUTE:  (Read 40727 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
R.I.P. Randy Savage TRIBUTE:
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:32:22 AM »
Just heard Macho Man died in a car accident???

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: True or not? Macho Man dead?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »
Just heard Macho Man died in a car accident???
HUH?

Nothing on the internet about that.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:49:48 AM »
tmz.com
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »
according to tmz he died 23 minutes ago.
F

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task

Playboy

• Getbig V
Randy Poffo aka Randy Macho Man Savage died in car crash!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
DeathOn May 20, 2011, TMZ reported that Savage suffered a heart attack around 10AM on a highway in Tampa, Florida before losing control of the vehicle and crashing. It was later confirmed by Savage's brother, Lanny Poffo.[10] According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Savage was driving a 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he "veered across a concrete median ... through oncoming traffic ... and "collided head-on with a tree." His wife Lynn was a passenger but survived with "minor injuries".

RIP to my favorite wrestler of all time.... :'(

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »
according to tmz he died 23 minutes ago.
Confirmed. He died.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »

one of the greatest moments E.V.E.R.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »
Man...what a fucking bummer......one of the all-time greats, hands down. So many memories. A true professional and one of the greatest in-ring performers off all time.

RIP Randy Poffo...you will be missed. :'(

OOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAHHHH! DIG IT!!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
I just heard this on Fox News Radio, less than a minute ago. He had a heart attack while driving and lost control of his car.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.

Playboy

• Getbig V
Re: Randy Poffo aka Randy Macho Man Savage died in car crash!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »
Florida Highway Patrol tells TMZ … Savage was driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he veered across a concrete median … through oncoming traffic … and “collided head-on with a tree.”

Savage was transported to Largo Medical center, where he died from his injuries.

Savage’s wife was a passenger in the vehicle during the collision — but survived with “minor injuries.” She was transported to a different local hospital where she was treated.

According to officials, Randy and Lynn were both wearing their seatbelts at the time of the accident.

Cops say alcohol was NOT a factor. (Surprised no one mentioned "steroids"  ::) )

An investigation into the accident is underway

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »
I just heard this on Fox News Radio, less than a minute ago. He had a heart attack while driving and lost control of his car.
I never saw or heard anything about a heart attack.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
I never saw or heard anything about a heart attack.

That was the report on radio news. I checked FoxNews.com and TMZ, which confirmed the story. Go there and see for yourself or turn your radio on the AM and listen to the news after one of the talk shows goes to commercial at the top of the hour.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »
That was the report on radio news. I checked FoxNews.com and TMZ, which confirmed the story. Go there and see for yourself or turn your radio on the AM and listen to the news after one of the talk shows goes to commercial at the top of the hour.
Ok...just saw it myself. I was wondering how someone would just be casually driving and all of a sudden end up going over a median and hitting a tree.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 11:28:54 AM »
Wrestlers comment on Randy Savage' death...

Hulk Hogan: I’m completely devastated, after over 10 years of not talking with Randy, we’ve finally started to talk and communicate. HH He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he’s happy and in a better place and we miss him. HH We miss him a lot. I feel horrible about the ten years of having no communication. This was a tough one. HH

Shawn Michaels: @IAmJericho jus txt me the news. We’ve lost one of the greats!! Our prayers go out to the family & friends of Randy Savage.

RVD: Rest in Peace Macho Man Randy Savage.

Christopher Daniels: RIP Randy Savage, an inspiration who set the standard! As a fan, watching Randy in Wrestlemania 3,4 and 5 was incredible! True Story: at Turning Point 2004 (AMW-XXX cage match), I asked Randy’s permission to drop the elbow of the top of the cage! Randy’s reply? “God bless you, brother, I don’t even do the elbow anymore.” And, he gave me a thumbs up after the match as well!

Claudio Castignoli: When I was 12 I turned my jacket into a Macho Man Jacket, adding tassels on the sleeves and ran through my house yelling “oh yeah” The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, funky like a monkey uuuuh yeah! RIP M

Natalya: My prayers are with Randy Savage and his family right now.

Jeff Jarrett: Just got a call w the news. RIP Randy. I met him when I was 11yrs old. He would always teach, correct, encourage, and compliment as my… Career progressed. I have NEVER forgotten the intricacies and attention to detail he taught me over the years. Randy always had a method to His madness. Randy is gone, but will never be forgotten. Thoughts and prayers are w the entire Poffo family. And, he may be the greatest card player the business has ever seen… When he lost, he was only setting you up to take more money from you!

UFC Fighter Shane Carwin: RIP Randy Macho Man Savage! We are going to SOOOOOOOOOO MISSSSS YOUUUUUUUU…… He was a great Entertainer!

The Rock: RIP Randy “Macho Man” Savage – you were one of my childhood inspirations and heros. Strength, love and prayers to the Savage/Poffo family.

Kevin Nash: I lost a close friend today. If anybody in heaven is wondering who the cat in the ugly cowboy hat is it’s Randy. Love you Bro. Never another

Shannon Moore: RIP Macho Man Randy Savage. One reason I loved wrestling.

Mick Foley: I just heard the sad news about the Macho Man. Randy Savage was one of my favorites performers, and my heart goes out to his loved ones

Jim Ross: Just heard Macho Man died this morning of a heart attack while driving his vehicle in Tampa. Condolences to all Randy Savage fans/family.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
Ok...just saw it myself. I was wondering how someone would just be casually driving and all of a sudden end up going over a median and hitting a tree.

JYD died the same way, only he fell asleep behind the wheel after leaving his daughter's graduation.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 11:34:50 AM »
randy's  death even made baseballreference.com, where he was in the minors trading his field of dreams for a ring of screams at the age of 21. his last year he had 107 hits and 9 hrs in a ball. he actuall started as a catcher but wrecking his right shoulder taught himself to throw lefty and tried to make it as a first baseman amazing.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »
hard to believe they are both gone.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
Now they'll be together again in a different place.

The question in mind now is will the WWE acknowledge his death as he was one of their biggest stars in the 80's boom. TNA has already acknowledged his death. If WWE doesn't, then that prooves Vince's hatred toward Randy Savage.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
Wow.... so sad to see a guy who had his head on straight go out like this.  I'm SURE some jackwad will try to tie steroids to the heart attack in some way.....bet anything on it.

Condolences to his family.  He was certainly in my top 5 of all-time favs and greats.   

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
Wow.... so sad to see a guy who had his head on straight go out like this.  I'm SURE some jackwad will try to tie steroids to the heart attack in some way.....bet anything on it.

Condolences to his family.  He was certainly in my top 5 of all-time favs and greats.   
But of course. Especially the uneducated morons who have never once used or have any background knowledge on the subject.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »
  Always seemed like a guy who knew what was what, and one of my top 2-3 favorites of all time.  Something I appreciated about Randy was, the smarter I got as a fan, the better his matches became.  Condolences to his family, we lost a member of wrestling royalty today. RIP.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »
This is truly sad shit. He was in his mid sixties and not young by any means. The thing I liked about Savage was not only was he a great entertainer / performer in the ring but he was decent outside the ring. You never heard anything bad about Savage. He always kept his nose clean and never got arrested.

Attila

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
Good Bye "Macho Man" you were the best ever. :'(
Playboy Yahoo says he was only 58.
"lifting for life"