Author Topic: R.I.P. Randy Savage TRIBUTE:  (Read 40805 times)

Attila

• Getbig II
Re: True or not? Macho Man dead?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »
If Vince doesnt have a big memorial tribute then I will NEVER watch WWE again.
"lifting for life"

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: R.I.P. Randy Savage (threads merged):
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
Rest in peace, Macho.

And, yes; WWE has acknowledged his passing.
Here's a shot of their main page:

Montague

• Getbig V

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »
My buddy just sent me word that this year's WWE HOF inductees will include Savage and Snooki!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Randy Poffo aka Randy Macho Man Savage died in car crash!
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »
Wow.... so sad to see a guy who had his head on straight go out like this.  I'm SURE some jackwad will try to tie steroids to the heart attack in some way.....bet anything on it.

Condolences to his family.  He was certainly in my top 5 of all-time favs and greats.   

That fuck-wit "Bodybuilder Lex Reeves" on the GnO board has already.  Please lord, kill him soon.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »
That fuck-wit "Bodybuilder Lex Reeves" on the GnO board has already.  Please lord, kill him soon.

LOL!!

Here's a secret:
The main purpose of the G&O board is to generate traffic to the site via entertainment means.
Only about 8% of the posts are serious/useful - the rest is bullshit consisting of "characters," gimmicks, trolling, and cyber-battles between "keyboard legends."
Ironically, it is this board that sees the most action from the most people.

If you seek intelligent and constructive discussions, then the truly great bastions of Getbig are the serious boards such as training, nutrition, and of course, US. ;)

Getbig is like the circus - there's something for everyone.
You've just got to know where to look.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »
RIP Macho. One of the best ever.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
Hulk Hogan: I'm completely devastated, after over 10 years of not talking with Randy, we've finally started to talk and communicate .. We miss him a lot. I feel horrible about the ten years of having no communication. This was a tough one .. I just pray that Randy's happy and in a better place and we miss him.

John Cena: CeNation. The untimely passing of randy savage is indeed tragic. All true fans of wrestling will mourn this loss. One of the all time greats

RVD: Rest in Peace Macho Man Randy Savage.

HBK: We've lost one of the greats!! Our prayers go out to the family & friends of Randy Savage.

Kharma: In utter shock about Macho Man. So much charisma in one soul

Lilian Garcia: Just heard the news about "Macho Man" Randy Savage passing away. So sad. RIP Randy. My prayers go out to your friends & family.

D'Lo Brown: RIP Randy Savage. You will be missed.

Chaz of the Headbangers: Very sad at the news. Met MM @ my 1st WWF "Job" match. That meeting had a HUGE impact on me and will never be forgotten!

Shelton Benjamin: R.I.P Macho Man. A True Icon Of Professional Wrestling.

SoCal Val: Saying a prayer 4 Randy Savage & his loved ones. I had the honor of working for his promotion, he was inspirational 2 us all! What a loss.

Goldust: Prayers go out to randy savage family.....god be with them in this tough time

Howard Finkel: I am profoundly saddened by the passing of one of the all-time greats, Macho Man Randy Savage. My condolences go out to the Poffo family.

Luke Gallows: R.I.P. Macho Man.....A true legend.

Gangrel: RIP oooohhhh yeahhhh randy thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends!

MVP: The cream always rises to the top! Ohhh Yeeeeah!" REST IN PEACE Macho Man. Thank you for everything! Peace & thoughts to the Poffo family.

William Regal: Just heard of the passing of Randy Savage. A one of a kind great performer.RIP.

Vickie Guerrero: RIP Randy Macho Man Savage. My prayers are to your family

Paul Bearer: RIP - " MACHO MAN " RANDY SAVAGE. :-(

Christian: Sad 2 hear about "Macho Man"Randy Savage..Only met him once briefly. No doubt 1 of the best & influenced so many performers you see today RIP

Jay Lethal: R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage. You were amazing... Oohh yea!!!

The Rock: RIP Randy "Macho Man" Savage - you were one of my childhood inspirations and heros. Strength, love and prayers to the Savage/Poffo family.

Kevin Nash: I lost a close friend today. If anybody in heaven is wondering who the cat in the ugly cowboy hat is it's Randy. Love you Bro. Never another

Honky Tonk Man: Such sad news fans. We are lost for words. One of the greatest of all time.

Jim Ross: Just heard Macho Man died this morning of a heart attack while driving his vehicle in Tampa. Condolences to all Randy Savage fans/family.

Steve Corino: I can't believe Randy Savage just passed. One of the most amazing talents EVER in pro-wrestling. Wow. Just wow.

Tara: RIP Randy Savage. A true legend.

Tommy Dreamer: Randy Savage was the 1st person I saw piledrive someone thru a table. Thanks 4 all the memories. Hope u walk the aisle w/ Liz & Sherri again

Mick Foley: I just heard the sad news about the Macho Man. Randy Savage was one of my favorites performers, and my heart goes out to his loved ones.

Trish Stratus: Rest in peace Randy-my first inspiration in the ring. My prayers & condolences to the Savage family

Torrie Wilson: Just heard the news of Macho Man Randy Savage passing...Rest in peace Randy.

Jeff Jarrett: His madness. Randy is gone, but will never be forgotten. Thoughts and prayers are w the entire Poffo family.

Wade Barrett: Bow to the kingdom of the madness. RIP Macho Man, amazing performer.

Scotty 2 Hotty: So sad to hear of the passing of Randy Savage.

Jim Cornette: Our deepest condolences in losing another legend. R.I.P. Randy.

Roddy Piper: To SAD TO TWEET..

Curt Hawkins: RIP Macho Man Randy Savage... One of wrestling's all time greats.

JTG: To one of my favorite Hall of Famers, inducted or not. Macho Man Randy Savage. R.I.P OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEAH !

Chrs Jericho: Randy Savage was a true influence and inspiration to me and taught me some very important lessons,in and out of the ring. Rest in peace Mach

Bret Hart: I have no words to say. This one hits me hard. We lost one of the best.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »
Showstoppa: An incredible performer, in the ring and on the mic.  A true icon of the sport and one with his own style and will never be duplicated.     OHHHHHHHH  YEEEEEAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
OOOOHHHHHH YEEEAH!!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
Randy macho man savage has passed on the night of may 19th so here is a video i found that fits so well and with very good quality.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 07:17:26 AM »
The following are highlights from an interview with Ric Flair on Charlotte.CBSLocal.com

Flair on Randy Savage's death hitting hard: "It sure did (hit hard). It's pretty sad. He just recently got married, it's been a little over a year, and was happy and, you know, really seemed to be at peace with himself. He just had a phenomenal career and to have this happen is just really, really sad."

Flair on his WrestleMania VIII match with Savage: "That was a huge day for me and my first dance at WrestleMania, of course. It was just a tremendously well-written program. It was like he was married to Liz back then and she was a huge commodity and a huge star with the WWF, or that's what they were called back then, of course. And the thing was, 'She was mine before she was yours.' It was well-written and done and Randy worked hard at it and I worked hard at it. We had a really good match. Curt Hennig, God rest his soul, managed me and Liz managed Randy and we gave them a hell of a show and it was awesome. That was my first Mania and one of the finest memories of my career."

Flair talks more about Savage: "My thoughts about Randy are different. I think he was such a competitive guy. Randy had a really hard time relaxing and I feel bad. I think about the times I used to say to him, 'Hey man, just calm down and don't worry about this and this and this... whatever happens is going to happen.' If you go to sleep at night worrying about what's going to happen the next day, it's just too hard. You know, he worked like I did, 365 times a year back in the old days.

"He actually broke in in Charlotte in 1975. I'd only been here a year when Randy moved in down here. He played semi-pro baseball, I think, in St. Louis and was doing fairly well but wasn't blowing up the ladder like expected so he came here and broke in the business. The irony in that is when I first moved here in '74 I actually traveled with his dad several times. I knew the whole family very well. His dad just passed recently and I think that hurt Randy really bad. They were very close.

"Randy just dropped out of sight when the company was sold from WCW (to WWE). The thing I feel worst about, of all of the guys that are available and eligible to be in the WWE Hall of Fame -- there most be something that I'm unaware of that's gone on and they've never inducted him because Randy certainly was a major player for the WWF in the mecca days of the eighties and ninties."

Flair on whether or not Savage is one of the top ten wrestlers of all-time: "Of course. Yeah. Of course. ... I didn't always agree with Randy. I'm not gonna lie to you. I didn't sweat things out like he did. But I wasn't... I didn't have to fight like a dog in that race they had to be whoever they were in the eighties in that show, where everybody was fighting for position everyday of their life. I didn't have to evolve from that. I never had personal differences with him, nothing about lifestyle. It was just about business and it doesn't stop my opinion (of him) -- he always did favors for me. He came in and opened some of my Gold's Gyms.

"We were great friends. He and I clashed in business but outside of the ring we were great. He could drink beer and have a good time. And I made him laugh and helped him take his mind of things that bothered him. We got along great and had a lot of fun together. I used to say to him all the time, he probably died with 300 million dollars in the bank. I'm not exaggerating. I'm being facetious. But Randy was very thrifty. I used to say to him all the time, because he would stay at hotels that were less cost effective than where I stayed. (laughs)

"You can criticize it all you want but I'm going to enjoy the moment because you never know, you know. The irony in that is Randy was only 58 years old. That's sad because I guarantee you he's got enough money to live 200 more years. He made it. He worked hard to earn it. He worked very hard to earn it. He deserved it. But I always used to say to him, 'Man, you live for the day.' Today's another example of why you have to live for today. You never know."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2011, 07:18:35 AM »
The following are highlights from a recent Dusty Rhodes interview conducted by AP writer Daniel Gelston:

Rhodes on Randy Savage's impact: "When you take a look at our society and every form of entertainment, every form of sports, there are people we call players. The Ochocincos, the Troy Aikman's, the Derek Jeter's, the guys like that. Randy was that type of guy. He was a charismatic guy. He studied, he was a student of the game. He lifted 24-7. When he was not around it, he was very reclusive. He gave me good light. I was glad I have fond memories of him."

Rhodes on Savage in the ring: "He was a good dance, a good partner. If you made a mistake, he would let you know. He battled his way to where he was. When I came over from another company, my only WrestleMania was in Toronto in the SkyDome and it was a mixed tag match against 'Macho Man' Randy Savage. He was very focused. Even though he was younger than me, I learned a lot. I didn't listen to a lot of people, but I listened to him. We had a good dance. He was a good dance partner."

Rhodes on Savage staying away from wrestling: "I know he had some good investments. I know that for a fact. He had made a lot of money. He just wanted to kind of drift off. He was a recluse almost. Whatever he was doing, he wanted that privacy. Yeah, he was out of the picture for 10 years, but he didn't want to be in the picture. He was his own guy."

Rhodes on Savage as a person/wrestler: "As a person, I remember my youngest daughter, when she would go around the dressing room, he was just unbelievably, overwhelmingly nice. Almost (John) Cena-esque. He was a different guy outside of the ring. I remember the kindness and that side of him. We all have demons and devils, but the bottom line is, he was a star that took time for the regular people."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 07:20:26 AM »
The following are highlights from a recent Jeff Jarrett interview conducted by AP writer Daniel Gelston - credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/jeff-jarrett-talks-tna-or-impact-wrestling-savages-death-130189

Jarrett on Randy Savage: "I've known Randy since I was 11 or 12 years old. I've saw so many different sides of Randy. I've got just a flood of memories. It shocked me today."

Jarrett on earliest Savage memories: "We called him the opposition promoter. His promotion in eastern Kentucky ran against my father's promotion in the Tennessee area. There was a lot of bad blood and lawsuits and fights and threats and death threats. Because of the television situation, my father ended up winning that war and Randy came to work for my father. He was an arch enemy on Saturday morning, then he became a huge ally."

Jarrett on Savage staying away from wrestling: "Randy saved his money. I'm sure he had 50 cents out of the first dollar he ever made. I say that in the literal sense. His father had a persona as the miser way back when. Randy was very frugal with his money. When Randy stepped out of the ring, he didn't need to come back. There wasn't enough money to pay him to come back. He was a guy that retired and retired happily, finanically and emotionally."

Jarrett on if the company is called TNA or Impact Wrestling: "It's TNA, absolutely."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 07:22:37 AM »
Sometime around 4am EST which would be 1 am where "Rowdy" Roddy Piper lives in Oregon, he posted the following on his Twitter account

"Randy slapped Vince in a bar...End of that story!!"

Piper was sharing Macho Man stories on his twitter throughout the evening.

This of course is relevant because of the long debated mystery of why the Macho Man has never been seen on WWE television since he left for WCW after guys such as Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart and others have done business with Vince McMahon since their individual problems with him.

Another note to this, it is a tale that has been confirmed by different people over the years, when Kevin Wacholz who played Nailz physically attacked Vince McMahon in his office and of course never worked or was heard from in any way by the WWE since. So, if Piper's story is in fact what broke any and all relationship with McMahon, it would not be surprising as getting physical with the boss is just a line that can't be crossed or forgotten. Bret Hart obviously got physical with Vince after the Survivor Series in match but I am sure most including Vince would admit that is a much different circumstance.

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/piper-says-what-happened-between-macho-man-vince-130185

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
Hulk Hogan had these comments regarding Macho Man on his official twitter page

"I'm completely devastated, after over 10 years of not talking with Randy, we've finally started to talk and communicate."

"He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he's happy and in a better place and we miss him."

"We miss him a lot. I feel horrible about the ten years of having no communication. This was a tough one."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 07:26:11 AM »
(from 5-20-11) Randy 'Macho Man' Savage -- Autopsy Set

An autopsy will be performed on the body of wrestling great Randy Macho Man Savage tomorrow ... TMZ has learned.

Officials tell TMZ ... later today, Randy's remains will be transported to the Pinellas County Medical Examiner's Office ... where doctors are scheduled to perform an autopsy on Savage sometime tomorrow.

Savage died after a head-on collision with a tree in Florida this morning ... and the wrestler's brother tells us it all happened after Randy suffered a heart attack behind the wheel.

credit: http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-macho-man-savage-autopsy-scheduled-pinellas-county-medical-examiners-office/

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2011, 07:27:19 AM »
Slim Jim release the following statement regarding the passing of Macho Man Randy Savage:

"We're saddened by the loss. Randy was a beloved ambassador for the Slim Jim brand for many years and will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2011, 07:30:54 AM »
Wow.... so sad to see a guy who had his head on straight go out like this.  I'm SURE some jackwad will try to tie steroids to the heart attack in some way.....bet anything on it.

Well, Savage was only 58 and, by any other standards, in pretty good shape. We know he was a workout fiend. As he said during a promo, where he's with a shrink who's doing a word association game with him and uses the word, "pump", Pump, Pumping Iron, YEAH!!! Hulk Hogan doesn't have the only key to the gym. I'm there every morning...YEAH!!!".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
Slim Jim release the following statement regarding the passing of Macho Man Randy Savage:

"We're saddened by the loss. Randy was a beloved ambassador for the Slim Jim brand for many years and will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time."

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x80s3x_wwe-wrestlemania-vii-macho-man-vs-u_sport

How ironic. One, I bought the "Macho Madness" DVD set that WWE made, about a year ago and I'm watching the same thing: The career-ending match between "Macho King" Randy Savage and the Ultimate Warrior.

Two, Warrior was the original spokesman for Slim Jim that the company got from WWE (look at some of the old Coliseum Video released from 1990 and 1991). But, when he got canned, Savage took his place. The rest, as they say is history.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »
Sometime around 4am EST which would be 1 am where "Rowdy" Roddy Piper lives in Oregon, he posted the following on his Twitter account

This of course is relevant because of the long debated mystery of why the Macho Man has never been seen on WWE television since he left for WCW after guys such as Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart and others have done business with Vince McMahon since their individual problems with him.

Another note to this, it is a tale that has been confirmed by different people over the years, when Kevin Wacholz who played Nailz physically attacked Vince McMahon in his office and of course never worked or was heard from in any way by the WWE since. So, if Piper's story is in fact what broke any and all relationship with McMahon, it would not be surprising as getting physical with the boss is just a line that can't be crossed or forgotten. Bret Hart obviously got physical with Vince after the Survivor Series in match but I am sure most including Vince would admit that is a much different circumstance.

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/piper-says-what-happened-between-macho-man-vince-130185

Piper is the man, so I'm not doubting him, but it seem  pretty petty if that was the whole  story.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2011, 05:26:51 AM »

But, WWE released the "Macho Madness" DVD set and ran commercials for it for several weeks. So, they didn't keep Savage completely out of the picture.

Then, there's this gem:

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2011, 07:23:33 AM »
Well, Savage was only 58 and, by any other standards, in pretty good shape. We know he was a workout fiend. As he said during a promo, where he's with a shrink who's doing a word association game with him and uses the word, "pump", Pump, Pumping Iron, YEAH!!! Hulk Hogan doesn't have the only key to the gym. I'm there every morning...YEAH!!!".

How do you know he was in "pretty good shape?"  He might have had an undetected heart condition, etc...  Not to mention appearing to be in good shape has zero to do with actually being healthy.  high bp, high cholesterol, poor diet, etc....  who knows? Certainly none of us.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2011, 10:38:53 AM »
How do you know he was in "pretty good shape?"  He might have had an undetected heart condition, etc...  Not to mention appearing to be in good shape has zero to do with actually being healthy.  high bp, high cholesterol, poor diet, etc....  who knows? Certainly none of us.

That's why I said, "by any other standards". Savage had no well-known history of heart problems (like those of Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall). And, he looked terrific at 58 years old.