Author Topic: R.I.P. Randy Savage TRIBUTE:  (Read 40862 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: R.I.P. Randy Savage (threads merged):
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2011, 08:47:01 AM »
The latest on this story...

An autopsy was completed Saturday on Randy Savage and the cause of death is still “pending,” reports TMZ.com.

TMZ.com adds that the Medical Examiner in Pinellas County, Florida did not notice “extensive trauma” to his body while conducting the autopsy.

Toxicology results are expected to be released in four to six weeks. It was previously reported that the police didn’t suspect that drugs or alcohol were involved and this was natural causes.

Savage died in a car accident Friday in Seminole, Florida when his 2009 Jeep Wrangler veered across a concrete median, through oncoming traffic, and “collided head-on with a tree.”

Savage was pronounced dead at Largo Medical Center while his wife Barbara Lynn suffered minor injuries.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
Well, I hope that tribute put on Raw by Vince puts a final end to the silly "rumours" of Savage having slept with Stephanie McMahon back in 1994. Had that really happened, no way in hell Vince would have paid tribute to Savage. People stir shit up all the time but this tribute just prooves people wrong.
It's also pretty disrespectful towards someone who by all accounts was a pretty stand up guy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »
It's also pretty disrespectful towards someone who by all accounts was a pretty stand up guy.
Man how I miss that flying elbow.....or the infamous....

"Steamboat can't breath!" After Savage dropped the bell across Steamboats throat.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »
Here's a pic of Randy I came across.  He played minor league ball for the Cardinals if i recall correctly.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »
Yup....it was either the Cardinals or the White Sox and he was a back catcher for 2 seasons.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »
Yup....it was either the Cardinals or the White Sox and he was a back catcher for 2 seasons.

I think he was the inspiration for Matthew Mcaughney (sp) character in Dazed and Confused, too.  haha

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »
I think he was the inspiration for Matthew Mcaughney (sp) character in Dazed and Confused, too.  haha

Wow...QFT!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »
Read somewhere that Randy taught himself to throw left-handed while playing in the minor leagues. Apparently, he badly injured his right, dominant shoulder or rotator cuff and decided to teach himself to throw with the other hand. And was able to do so quite effectively and keep playing full-time.

I'm still so bummed about his death. He was my favorite wrestler to watch when I was a kid. So many memories.  :'(

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2011, 04:33:59 AM »
Randy Savage's obituary was published in the St. Petersburgh Times and reads as followed:

POFFO, Randy Mario 58, known better to many as professional wrestling legend "Macho Man" Randy Savage, passed away at Largo Medical Center on Friday May 20, 2011, following a motor vehicle accident in Seminole.

Randy was born Nov. 15, 1952 in Columbus, OH. He graduated from Downers Grove North High School in Downers Grove, IL where he was a member of the National Honor Society. After high school Randy played minor league baseball for the St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds and Chicago White Sox organizations until 1975.

In 1985 he joined the World Westling Federation, where he earned international fame with his entertaining antics and quotable catchphrase "Oooohh Yeaahh". Randy was a spokesperson for Slim Jim, popularizing the slogan "Snap into a Slim Jim!" He also played Bone Saw McGraw in the 2002 blockbuster hit movie "Spider Man."

Randy was a generous supporter of charitable causes. For several years every holiday season, he visited All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg to deliver gifts to patients and participated in the George Steinbrenner Children's Holiday Concert for underprivileged kids of Tampa. He also recently took part as a celebrity guest judge in a fundraiser benefiting Art for Autism.

Randy is survived by his wife, Lynn; his mother, Judy; his brother, Lanny; two stepdaughters, Noelle and Devon Anderson; and his niece, Magen Poffo. There are no public visitation hours or funeral services planned. Funeral arrangements are under the care of Moss Feaster Funeral Home Serenity Gardens Chapel in Largo. For condolences please visit www.mossfeasterlargo.com.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2011, 04:34:53 AM »
TMZ.com is reporting that Macho Man Randy Savage was laid to rest yesterday, and that one of his final requests was that his old WWF theme music NOT be played at his funeral. It's being reported that Savage told his brother, Lanny Poffo, in recent years, that he felt guilty about using Pomp and Circumstance as his theme music as he felt he stole it from his pro wrestling idol, Gorgeous George.

TMZ is also reporting that a high powered hand gun was found in Savage's possession at the time of his car accident. The report notes that he had a permit for the gun and that him and his wife enjoyed target shooting.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2011, 04:41:00 AM »

Playboy

• Getbig V

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »
Anyone find it kind of odd that Randy didn't have any kids? His prerogative, I'm sure.

I'm 37 with no kids, yet I don't find it strange myself. It's actually a relief to be honest.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »
Anyone find it kind of odd that Randy didn't have any kids? His prerogative, I'm sure.

I'm 37 with no kids, yet I don't find it strange myself. It's actually a relief to be honest.
Not really. In his prime he was in the road 300+ days a year. Why bother having kids if your never gonna see them. I thought it was a wise decision on his part.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2011, 12:23:40 PM »
Just some random thoughts on Savage.  I remember when he came to the WWF going to a friend of my dads house to watch USA network.  It was when the WWF had all the managers scouting him and trying to sign him.  It was a great way to bring him in.  I preferred his look at that time too.  Leaner, quicker and just an incredible athlete.

I did not care for the whole "Macho King" makevoer and changing how he dressed somewhat. All those tassels were lame.  But that was par for the course during that time in the WWF.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »
Just some random thoughts on Savage.  I remember when he came to the WWF going to a friend of my dads house to watch USA network.  It was when the WWF had all the managers scouting him and trying to sign him.  It was a great way to bring him in.  I preferred his look at that time too.  Leaner, quicker and just an incredible athlete.

I did not care for the whole "Macho King" makevoer and changing how he dressed somewhat. All those tassels were lame.  But that was par for the course during that time in the WWF.

You and me both. I like the old Macho Man with the boots and matching knee pads with the tights that had the stars with "Macho Man" written on the back. I hated the long tights with the fitted sweater bullshit. Never liked the "Macho King" thing. Although sucessfull, I preferred the "Macho Man" original gimmick.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2011, 06:49:57 PM »
Vince McMahon has written an article about the late Macho Man Randy Savage in the new issue of Time Magazine. The following is an excerpt:

"It's important in sports and it's important in entertainment to stand out. Randy knew that. Right away, he wanted to leave his mark, and to do that he was aware he had to make himself different from everyone else. One way he did this was concentrating on his outfits, those brightly colored costumes with foot-long fringe that became his trademark. He brought to wrestling a unique look and style.

Randy, who died in a car crash May 20 at age 58, was one of the building blocks of what is now WWE."

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/vince-writes-article-about-macho-man-for-time-magazine-130503

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
From Jim Ross's blog:

Tweeter follower asked me where I thought Randy Savage got the majority of his in ring influences. Savage was very individualistic but I've always been of the mindset that his costumes and music were somewhat influenced by WWE HOF'er Gorgeous George. Randy was amazingly intense, virtually 24/7, and brought natural athleticism to the squared circle. We never always agreed on a variety of professional matters and had our share of disagreements but never once did i not respect his in ring ability and the fact that he was one of the biggest , pro wrestling stars of all time.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2011, 03:52:18 PM »
From Jim Ross's blog:

Tweeter follower asked me where I thought Randy Savage got the majority of his in ring influences. Savage was very individualistic but I've always been of the mindset that his costumes and music were somewhat influenced by WWE HOF'er Gorgeous George. Randy was amazingly intense, virtually 24/7, and brought natural athleticism to the squared circle. We never always agreed on a variety of professional matters and had our share of disagreements but never once did i not respect his in ring ability and the fact that he was one of the biggest , pro wrestling stars of all time.

I thought it was cool that Randy requested that Pomp and Circumstance not be played at his funeral out of respect for Gorgeous George.  I always wondered what bookers such as JR had against Savage on "professional matters" as it seemed to me Savage did whatever was required to get an angle over and had NO problem jobbing on occasion.  wonder if any of these guys have the nuts to say anything about Hogan in regards to that?  Of course not.....  ::)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
I thought it was cool that Randy requested that Pomp and Circumstance not be played at his funeral out of respect for Gorgeous George.  I always wondered what bookers such as JR had against Savage on "professional matters" as it seemed to me Savage did whatever was required to get an angle over and had NO problem jobbing on occasion.  wonder if any of these guys have the nuts to say anything about Hogan in regards to that?  Of course not.....  ::)
I wonder what they butted heads about....by the time JR arrived, Macho's in ring carrer was slowing down and I doubt JR had the pull behind the scenes then that he did in later years. I remember them doing commenatry together a lot, though.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »
I wonder what they butted heads about....by the time JR arrived, Macho's in ring carrer was slowing down and I doubt JR had the pull behind the scenes then that he did in later years. I remember them doing commenatry together a lot, though.

JR didn't get to be a VP for nothing.
I strongly suspect that he tried to get as involved as he could in the company and made a point to get his ideas & voice heard from day 1.

And, the more you talk, the more detractors you'll encounter just by chance alone.

Attila

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
TMZ.com is reporting that Macho Man Randy Savage was laid to rest yesterday, and that one of his final requests was that his old WWF theme music NOT be played at his funeral. It's being reported that Savage told his brother, Lanny Poffo, in recent years, that he felt guilty about using Pomp and Circumstance as his theme music as he felt he stole it from his pro wrestling idol, Gorgeous George.

TMZ is also reporting that a high powered hand gun was found in Savage's possession at the time of his car accident. The report notes that he had a permit for the gun and that him and his wife enjoyed target shooting.
I thought everyone carried a high powered handgun. ;D

"lifting for life"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2011, 04:35:31 AM »
I still say its the jealousy factor. Savage was always professional and he never signed the dotted line on a contract unless the offer was tasty. He remained private and avoided the lime light and it still got him negative remarks. Vince and company where jealous that Savage jumped shiop to WCW back in 1994 to take a 2mill per year deal for 6 years and he also took Slim Jim with him. That's why Vince was pissed. As for the wrestlers, I don't think anyone had a bad thing to say about Savage.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2011, 04:46:14 AM »
They really paid him 2 mill a year for 6 years? Good for him! What kind of number's was he pulling in the Federation before he left?
Savage was an instant star when he arrived in the spring of 1985. When he became IC champ in early 1986, he was getting 750,000 per year until 1988 when he was getting 1 million per year up until 1993. Once he started letting up and commentating he took a paycut and that's when Turner offered him 2 million. Turner's pockets were much more deeper than Vince's.