Author Topic: Who shouldn't have deserved stardom  (Read 6786 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Who shouldn't have deserved stardom
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 12:13:04 PM »
WCW was just trying to sign-up all the talent without any sense of what to do with them once they did sign them.  There were so many thrown together angles, never ending storylines, etc... it was pathetic. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »
WCW was just trying to sign-up all the talent without any sense of what to do with them once they did sign them.  There were so many thrown together angles, never ending storylines, etc... it was pathetic. 

Vince kind of got a taste of his own medicine in terms of his acquisition of talent from all the other territories in the 80's.
The difference is: Vince built new stars to fill the void created by the departure of his bigger names.
His competition in the 80's just more or less gave up & died.

Good idea! :-\

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »

Vince kind of got a taste of his own medicine in terms of his acquisition of talent from all the other territories in the 80's.
The difference is: Vince built new stars to fill the void created by the departure of his bigger names.
His competition in the 80's just more or less gave up & died.

Good idea! :-\

He sure did.  As it was happening and as the WWF was floundering, I found it funny.  He was whining about talent leaving after he squeezed out all the territories.  Sadly, WCW being incompetent was a much bigger factor in the WWF surviving than anything VKM did.  I would have been so happy to see him fade into oblivion..... :-\

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »
He sure did.  As it was happening and as the WWF was floundering, I found it funny.  He was whining about talent leaving after he squeezed out all the territories.  Sadly, WCW being incompetent was a much bigger factor in the WWF surviving than anything VKM did.  I would have been so happy to see him fade into oblivion..... :-\

But, then we wouldn't have "The Miz."

Don't be so short-sighted...

BROTHER!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »

But, then we wouldn't have "The Miz."

Don't be so short-sighted...

BROTHER!!

LMAO.. Youre killin me...................... ..........Brother

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 02:31:45 PM »
LMAO.. Youre killin me...................... ..........Brother

8)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 03:32:17 PM »
Man Mountain Rock lol

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 04:56:01 AM »
Scott Steiner commented once that they had so much talent backstage at both Nitro & Thunder that half the roster was getting paid to show up to work and not be used. If they had the right wrestling people back stage, they could have set out 3 different house show crews just like Vince did in the late eighties and they could have made a killing. Again, poor non-wrestling suit and ties / Turner lackies that did this.