Author Topic: Source Code in an empty theater  (Read 1308 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Source Code in an empty theater
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »

Far from an epic experience, but it was cool to enjoy the indy-cult film experience in a pretentious suburb of Sacramento.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Source Code in an empty theater
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:30:35 PM »
Tre, here in LV you could attend a major movie during its first week run with less than 20 others in the theater.

I saw Fast Five on opening day (noon showing) and there might have been 30 also watching it.

Theaters here only seem to draw big crowds on Saturday nights.

I don't recall any "sell-out" nights in he past few years.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:34:18 PM »
 I thought source code was a great movie. Very powerful and epic. Very well thought out plot. It's was actually an intelligent and well-made movies. A nice break from the usual shit movies Hollywood pumps out.

2 thumbs up from BF and RS.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
Yea, BFRS, I also enjoyed it .... but I forgot how it ended.... Did he retain his "new life" as her husband or what?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 10:18:35 PM »
I thought source code was a great movie. Very powerful and epic. Very well thought out plot. It's was actually an intelligent and well-made movies. A nice break from the usual shit movies Hollywood pumps out.

2 thumbs up from BF and RS.

Shitty movie with plot holes galore.....

#1....did you bother to even think about this...he is implanted into the last 8 minutes (or whatever) of a guys life.  All he is doing is using the dead guys memories to relive that time span...so, tell me how it is that he can magically find a bomb that the dead guy never knew was there! 

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »
Far from an epic experience, but it was cool to enjoy the indy-cult film experience in a pretentious suburb of Sacramento.

To be fair, if I walked into a movie on a Saturday night, and saw a large black male sitting by with a Caucasian she-beast, I would've let them have the theatre as well.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »
Shitty movie with plot holes galore.....

#1....did you bother to even think about this...he is implanted into the last 8 minutes (or whatever) of a guys life.  All he is doing is using the dead guys memories to relive that time span...so, tell me how it is that he can magically find a bomb that the dead guy never knew was there! 

I saw that too.

But then at the end of the movie they said that they actually created a whole new world instead of just his memories. So that plot hole was actually filled in.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
first 'moon' 5/5 and now 'source code' 5/5. zowies on a roll. eagerly anticipating all his future projects

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 02:27:59 AM »
Source Code was a decent film - better than I thought it would be.