Author Topic: Tennis fans how about Novak Djokavich and his 39 match streak?  (Read 1546 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Feder is always a threat but not really what he was.  He's married and has a kid now but has nothing else to prove.  Nadal hasn't been the same since his injury and Novak is coming into his own.  Americans?  We suck right now and will for a while.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: Tennis fans how about Novak Djokavich and his 39 match streak?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 12:30:08 PM »
Americans?  We suck right now and will for a while.

:)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »
Oops can't forget Britains own horseface Andy Murray.  He's good also just hasn't taken the step to be great.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 12:33:26 PM »
haven't watched men's tennis since andre retired.  andy who?

the goddess who replaced gaby...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
Feder is always a threat but not really what he was.  He's married and has a kid now but has nothing else to prove.  Nadal hasn't been the same since his injury and Novak is coming into his own.  Americans?  We suck right now and will for a while.

Yeah, but Nadal cant be fucked with at the French ....IMO he's still no 1, I think he came into his own last year....but he doesn't have a stranglehold like Sampras or Federer did. he won't become an icon, like you said he gets hurt too much.

Tennis is fucking badass....I've had my kid playing it since she was five

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 01:00:40 PM »
Yeah, but Nadal cant be fucked with at the French ....IMO he's still no 1, I think he came into his own last year....but he doesn't have a stranglehold like Sampras or Federer did. he won't become an icon, like you said he gets hurt too much.

Tennis is fucking badass....I've had my kid playing it since she was five

Yep.  I love tennis.  It's too bad all we really have is Andy Roddick left.  Tennis is still the rich kid sport which I love the classiness about it.  If I had a kid boy or girl, I'd put them in tennis from a young age.  As I'm sure you know, if a child or parent have any idea of the child going pro, they need to have the racquet in their hand from a very early age, then tennis camps, schools, etc...it's not a cheap sport but the rewards can be great if the child follows through (no pun intended) enjoys it.

I started to late at 16 years old and played in high school and everywhere I was stationed.  Great sport!

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »
federer is done, unfortunately, he's a bit past his prime now and now he just makes too many errors since nadal and novak can run down his winners against everyone else and force federer to go for more and more. of course a few years ago federer not matter how fast nadal and novak were/are could indeed just hit one winner to win the point. also another example of federer past his prime, besides losing to guys he never lost to before, is that nowadays more and more he gets a lead and then for whatever reasons starts missing his serve, makes stupid lackadaisical errors and lets his opponent back into the match and/or lets the opponent win against him.. i've lost track in the past year or two he'll win the first set and then for whatever reason, lose the next set easy or he'll be winning easily about to close out a match and then lose 4 games in a row or a set? that never happened back in the day when he was in his prime! anyway, also....

what hurts federer is that his backhand, while not a weakness, is nothing like his forehand when it's "on" goes right into nadals' wheelhouse of a forehand, whereas novak with a two handed backhand is more powerful and can hit those high balls up near his shoulder for outright winners or push nadal farther and farther back, allowing novak to take control, federer with his one handed backhand CANNOT DO THIS, so unless federer starts pumping some iron and get stronger than ever to be able to do this on his backhand, it looks like it's not good for roger vs rafael anymore.... i will say though it pisses me off, that fans who don't know the game and more importantly so called 'tennis experts" who are commentating forever go on and on about nadal's seemingly huge lead head to head against federer!?! what they fail to mentioned is that most of the matches have been played on clay, nadals' best surface where he might go down as the greatest clay court player of all time. in reality, if you take all the matches that roger and nadal haved played on every other surface BESIDES CLAY that being indoor carpet, hard court, grass, federer actually still has a head to head edge over nadal! but no one ever makes mention of this fact! anyway.....

federer is i think only a threat on the faster the surfaces, i.e. indoors, i would say wimbledon grass, but the grass there is a COMPLETE JOKE! it's not even grass anymore, basically a hardcourt with a grass topping for cosmetic purposes add in the heavier balls they now used, and you then have the reason why nadal and novak can win on grass, put these 2 on the grass of the wimbledon 1960's and 70's with the super fast skidding, uneven bounces and what not and see how they would do! of course, no serve and volleyers in today's game because of the super powerful rackets helps them too!

wimbledon grass was changed because people complained about all the two strokes (serve, serve volley) points of the serve and volleyers and super fast courts of the 60's thru 80's, now however, they've gone the whole opposite end of the spectrum to where the courts are slower, the balls are heavier, and because of racket technology, no one can serve and volley anymore anyway, and so you have the same kind of play on this grass as on every other surface, which sucks!

damn, i long for serve and volleyers and less powerful rackets, as it is, that is one of the reasons i CANNOT STAND NADAL! he couldn't even hit the ball in the court if he played with the wood rackets or even the less powerful, smaller size, heavier graphite rackets of the past decades! the way he 'whips" his forehand, and holds the racket, makes his forehand and the racket he uses basically a slingshot, trampoline, that to me is almost "unfair". ....

of course, the other players today could do the same thing as nadal does. also don't like his attitude on court, like he acts like he's all tough and shit, gimme a break, what he weighs a 150?! LOL! jumping around, running around like a boxer before a match, scowling on the court, strutting like he's so damn bad ass, not to mentioned his forever and ever butt picking between every damn serve, and i mean every serve, every match, every tournament around the world? don't you think by now, someone in his camp would say " um, rafa do you realize that picking your ass in front of a crowd, not to mention millions around the world watching on tv is GROSS! JUST LIKE PICKING YOUR NOSE WOULD BE IN PUBLIC!  what a douche!

i just hope novak can keep beating up on nadal's butt picking ass, and make him forever humbled!

in america? we are screwed? roddick? way past done, and was so overrated then and now and is completely one dimensional it's not even funny, not to mentioned he's utterly clueless about tactics and what not, if he didn't have that huge serve he would be lucky to be in the top 50.... clueless on court! ever noticed he forever wears his baseball cap on court and it will be literally sopping wet and dripping in his eyes and he has to wipe his eyes constantly?! DUH! you numbnut, take off this hat and put a new one on! talk about clueless stubborn! and that's why he never reached the top!

mardy fish, john isner, also rans and always will be. women's tennis? forget it after serena and venus retire, even worse for american women's tennis!

Otis B Driftwood

• Getbig II
  • Verbal Skullcrusher
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
Tom do you follow tennis at all?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 09:56:11 PM »

peaker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 02:11:40 AM »
He seems unstoppable right now but I have to say he is rather smug and seems to conveniently retire "injured" when he is down.