Author Topic: Police use excessive force on a man in a wheel chair.  (Read 4640 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Police use excessive force on a man in a wheel chair.
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
I was. It was the same incident.

I was riding back fom Brooklyn between 3am, and 4am the only person in that subway car, I fell asleep and they basically yanked me out of the car. I was dazed and tired. I asked them why they were doing it and they told me I was loitering and I said I just fell asleep and apologised and would stay awake for the rest of ride but they started asking me for ID, etc. I then told them that I thought this was excessive and I had never committed a crime and one of them said I shouldn't be talking back to them, made me take off my shirt and jeans, down to the boxers, looking through my wallet and bag. I knew there wasn't much I could do, so I just shut up, they gave me a slip for $100 to pay, sent the money in the next day because otherwise I would have had to appear in court. Mind you, first time I ever experienced anything like that on that level. They were totally unprofessional and dickheads to boot.

Sounds excessive.  What did you do about it?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
Sounds excessive.  What did you do about it?

Well, the next day I debated with myself whether I should take the issue up but I just thought, shit happens. At the end of the day, $100 wasn't worth the grief. If it had been $1,000 I probably would have pursued it. The thing is, the way they acted, they gave me the impression they were just doing it for kicks or something. Very weird.  :-\
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »
Well, the next day I debated with myself whether I should take the issue up but I just thought, shit happens. At the end of the day, $100 wasn't worth the grief. If it had been $1,000 I probably would have pursued it. The thing is, the way they acted, they gave me the impression they were just doing it for kicks or something. Very weird.  :-\

I would have complained about it. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
I would have complained about it. 

I am sure there are lots of complaints about shit like that all the time. Doubt it changes anything. NYPD is not exactly trustworthy.
I hate the State.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »
Post reported to the CIA and the NSA...  Run Clown... run...

So you do not recant your threats towards police officers?... ok, didn't expect a crazy person like you to do that anyway. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
I am sure there are lots of complaints about shit like that all the time. Doubt it changes anything. NYPD is not exactly trustworthy.

I disagree.  There has to be some kind of police commission (or something like that) that reviews this kind of stuff.  If enough people complain about the same bad apples, they will eventually get outed. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
I disagree.  There has to be some kind of police commission (or something like that) that reviews this kind of stuff.  If enough people complain about the same bad apples, they will eventually get outed. 

Come on beach.  This is NYC, not mayberry.     

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »
Come on beach.  This is NYC, not mayberry.     

lol.  Yeah.  Still, it's hard to do something about illegal conduct if people don't complain about it.  The more bad cops get away with bad conduct, the more emboldened they become.