Author Topic: Jennifer Nicole Lee - BSN endorsement deal and Busted on 20/20  (Read 5186 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
05-23-11 BOCA RATON, Fla. — BSN Supplement on Friday announced the company has extended its endorsement deal and contract with fitness model Jennifer Nicole Lee through June 2013.

“BSN is proud to have Jennifer Nicole Lee on [its] roster of iconic living fitness legends, and is looking forward to two more years of having Jennifer Nicole Lee promote and endorse [its] amazing line of top-notch supplements,” the company stated.

Other names on the BSN roster include eight-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman, current UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez and online reality star Scott Herman.

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Jennifer Nicole Lee - BSN endorsement deal and Busted on 20/20
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »
From Sondra Wright

I pride myself on being somewhat marketing savvy. I mean, I know to believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. I know there are deceptive practices in advertising and companies “stretch” the truth to sell products.  I even know to be guided by the Latin doctrine, caveat emptor (let the buyer beware). But none of my knowing curbed my awe on Friday evening, as I watched 20/20 in disbelief – eyes unblinking and mouth wide open!

36 year old Jennifer Nicole Lee – so called “fitness expert” on the TV infomercial circuit who can be seen on any night of the week pitching the popular exercise gadget, Ab Circle Pro. Widely known for her 70lb weight loss success story, a quick internet search reveals Ms. Lee has been crowned with titles like “Hottest Women on the Web” “Sexiest Woman on YouTube,” and according to Askmen.com, “Jennifer is the new beauty icon for women of the future.” I on the other hand am about to crown Ms. Lee with a new title – Fitness Liar Exposed and Busted on 20/20!

As the 20/20 story goes, in 2006 Ms. Lee appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show telling Oprah and the world about her baby weight loss success and even demonstrated how she maintains beautifully toned legs doing weighted squats with her toddler Dillon. Inspiring and easy enough for any busy mom to do, right ladies? Fast forward to Ms. Lee becoming the spokesperson for Ab Circle Pro and little Dillon get’s “thrown under the bus” so to speak. Suddenly, all credit for the post baby weight loss success is now given to Ab Circle Pro. But wait Ms. Lee, how could that be? Because as 20/20 points out the 2004 weight loss occurred a good 4 – 5 years before Ab Circle Pro would even hit the market.

When 20/20 reporter Jim Avila went to Ms. Lee with her EXACT  infomercial quotes she accused him of  a “grill fest” trying to “skewer” her and “put words” in her mouth. And Ms. Lee remained in denial about her actions as well as other misleading aspects of the infomercial, including the “3-minutes a day” claim, and the altered before photos which made images of people appear larger than what they are.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »

Already on Hardbody regarding the 20/20 story. Some people are just way jealous of JNL.  Congratulations on your continued successw with BSN.

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2011/05/24/2020-goes-after-jennifer-nicole-lee-the-ab-circle-pro/

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 05:02:07 AM »
Wait a minute,let me get this straight.  Would 20/20 have me believe that someone in the fitness industry might have made some less than 100% truthfull claims in the marketing of a product?  That's rich.  Now I've heard everything.
Come at me Bro!