Author Topic: Power Of The Gorilla.  (Read 28499 times)

suckmymuscle

Power Of The Gorilla.
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »
  Look at this monster. It probably weights around 580 lbs or so. It has literally twice the lean muscle mass Coleman had at the 2003 Olympia(without any steroids, GH and insulin) and roughly 8 X the power(strength X speed). It is a scary thought that a Human with elite genetics for mass and strength has to take massive amounts of steroids and GH and insulin and train like a mad man for 15 years to end up with only about 12% of the raw power of a gorilla. This puts in perspective how monstrously strong these animals are and how pathetic Humans are.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Power Of The Gorilla.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »
 Look at this monster. It probaby weights around 580 lbs or so. It has literally twice the lean muscle mass Coleman had at the 2003 Olympia(without any steroids, GH and insulin) and roughly 8 X the power(strength X speed). It is a scary thought that a Human with elite genetics for mass and strength has to take massive amounts of steroids and GH and insulin and train like a mad man for 15 years to end up with only about 12% of the raw power of a gorilla. This puts in perspective how monstrously strong these animals are and how pathetic Humans are.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Homo sapiens is the dominant speices on earth not because of his muscle but because of his brain. Still impressive though.
I hate the State.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:29:04 PM »
Homo sapiens is the dominant speices on earth not because of his muscle but because of his brain. Still impressive though.

Yeah, but given the choice of being Newton or having the strength and power of a gorilla, 99%+ of all men would choose the latter option.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »

Define 'dominant'.
from incomplete data

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »
Define 'dominant'.

Well, we have the power to destroy the world many times over and we could wipe out virtually any species in a short amount of time.
I hate the State.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »
Define 'dominant'.

Yes, I think the dominant species(plural) on Earth are bacteria and viruses - even though viruses are technically not living entities since they lack even a single cell. The biomass of bacterias and viruses is several times larger than ours, and they can kill us by the millions since we only have cures for 1% of them. They are the dominant life forms on Earth...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 03:41:19 PM »

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
 Yeah, but given the choice of being Newton or having the strength and power of a gorilla, 99%+ of all men would choose the latter option.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I have the strength of Newton and the mind of a gorrilla

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »
Bears are avoiding this thread like G_Thong avoids punctuation.

Sucky, I'd love to see a big ass gorilla lift actual weights, just to see how much they can lift.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

Sucky, I'd love to see a big ass gorilla lift actual weights, just to see how much they can lift.

Holy shit lol!

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
arent gorrilas dwarfs like the 202 guys?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
there is only one gorilla that matters

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »
I have the strength of Newton and the mind of a gorrilla

lmao

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 04:30:27 PM »

I find a 900lb grizzly much more terrifying than a Silverback, just based on bears being straight up ruthless to their human victims.

Wouldn't want my ribcage crushed and arms pulled off by a Gorilla either though.. Fck it I dont want no part of either one.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
I find a 900lb grizzly much more terrifying than a Silverback, just based on bears being straight up ruthless to their human victims.

Wouldn't want my ribcage crushed and arms pulled off by a Gorilla either though.. Fck it I dont want no part of either one.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 04:44:38 PM »
There is evidence that ape muscle is intrinsically stronger than human muscle and that their maximum shortening velocity is faster.  I.e., if you have a given cross-section of muscle (say 1 cm^2), the ape muscle will create more force when maximally activated than the human muscle.  Apes also have larger moment arms (so a given muscle force produces a larger joint torque) but this can impair muscle power too.  I also suspect there are some neural factors that makes apes able to produce more joint torque.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »
You are forgetting that they maintain their size and strength on what diet again? Oh yeah, plants. No meat whatsoever. Interesting physiology they have...

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
You are forgetting that they maintain their size and strength on what diet again? Oh yeah, plants. No meat whatsoever. Interesting physiology they have...

That's a pretty damn good point there, MM. I've always been impressed by gorillas. I would never, never, EVER fuck with them ! No way ! Not for any amount of cash !

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 06:00:43 PM »
A classic battle.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
 Look at this monster. It probably weights around 580 lbs or so. It has literally twice the lean muscle mass Coleman had at the 2003 Olympia(without any steroids, GH and insulin) and roughly 8 X the power(strength X speed). It is a scary thought that a Human with elite genetics for mass and strength has to take massive amounts of steroids and GH and insulin and train like a mad man for 15 years to end up with only about 12% of the raw power of a gorilla. This puts in perspective how monstrously strong these animals are and how pathetic Humans are.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Shut up, stupid.

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 06:26:48 PM »

There's a very nice scene in "The Planet of the Apes" movie where the king of the apes talk to his son (who despises humans) about that and says something like - "they have the power of creation",  and shows him an anciet human weapon saying "this is more powerfull than 100 spears", or something like that.

I wish i could find it on Youtube.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
Shut up, stupid.

Just remember that I am going to get you some day. I never fail to fulfill my promises. Stupid...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »
Not this shit agaiin!!!!@!@!!