Author Topic: how do you put a picture on my profile??  (Read 2905 times)

fire2b12

• Getbig II
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
how do you put a picture on my profile??
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:58:06 AM »
i am trying to put a picture up on my profile but i cant find where to do that???please help :)

w8m8

Re: how do you put a picture on my profile??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 04:59:28 AM »
i am trying to put a picture up on my profile but i cant find where to do that???please help :)

I assume you mean an avatar Jaime ? .. go to your profile > on the left under Modify profile click Forum and profile information > on the right you will check the circle that says I have my own pic > then insert the location of the picture you want to use in the box next to it > then scroll down and click change profile and voila'

hopefully this is what you're wanting  :)

w8m8

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:07:53 AM »
 :D  What a beautiful avatar !!

Hope all is going well for you and yours .. and you've had good luck in your ventures that you began in your Dad's memory  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 06:44:18 AM »
Cute pic Jaime :)
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 07:11:22 AM »
Urm me too, i've never been able to figure out how to do it.  Thanks fire for asking and thanks so much W8 computer wiz for explaining.

but I now need to know, does this mean I must have a pic which is already uploaded to something?  What's a url?  I wrote down your instructions and got half way through...

Can I not post a pic of me from my photo file?  I've never ever posted pics on the www, stuff like facebook or yourpix or whatever, nor will I.  But I would consider putting a smiley photo up on your website as an 'avatar'

If I am able to?

thanks
Linda
xxx

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
Urm me too, i've never been able to figure out how to do it.  Thanks fire for asking and thanks so much W8 computer wiz for explaining.

but I now need to know, does this mean I must have a pic which is already uploaded to something?  What's a url?  I wrote down your instructions and got half way through...

Can I not post a pic of me from my photo file?  I've never ever posted pics on the www, stuff like facebook or yourpix or whatever, nor will I.  But I would consider putting a smiley photo up on your website as an 'avatar'

If I am able to?

thanks
Linda
xxx

You can use any picture you would like. The URL could be two different things, the address at the top of the screen (for example: www.getbig.com/forums) or it's the exact location of the picture, which is a little more complicated.

You can use different servers on various sites to upload your pic, but it's far easier to just use the GetBig site, of which ~flower~ started a thread years ago that's still up and running and can be found here: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=2118.msg5628055#new

So, to use your own picture using GetBigs thread I will explain.
1) click the above link to the thread and then scroll to the end of the page where it says "reply." Click reply and the screen that pops up will look normal as you reply in any other thread. There is no need to type any text that makes sense, if you browse through it, most just put "ttt" or "....." or even use a :) ??? ::) type of reply. But pay attention from here out because this is where it's complicated.

2) Once you know what picture you want to use, and where it's located, click reply and type in whatever :) you want. Before you hit "Post" click the bold letters to the lower left of "post" where it says additional options. You will see this menu now expand and a button that says "Attach." To the right of "Attach" there is a "browse" button, click on that and you will be asked what the url or address is for the picture you want to upload. If you have something saved to your desktop, look for desktop in the pop-up menu after you've hit browse. Then you will see a menu of nearly everything on your desktop. Simply find the title of the picture you want and double click. At this point, you can now hit "post" and the picture will appear in your post in that thread.

3) Now on the picture you just uploaded to GetBig, RIGHT-click the picture and a menu will pop up and say something like "view image info" or "picture url"...something to that effect. On my computer it says "view image info" so I highlight that and click. I find the line that says "Image location" and highlight it, copy it. You would just find the url, which using the picture you just uploaded to the getbig thread, it will say something starting with www.getbig.com/boards/index and then trail off using more letters/numbers. So, find it, copy it using right click.

Then follow w8m8's instructions and you should be able to now have your very own avatar.

Another way to do this, which is faster, is to change your account password and have someone do it for you and then once done, you change your password again. This obviously takes someone you highly trust. Ron can and has done if for people in the past, but you have to have the picture you want all ready to go for him or anyone else so you don't waste their time.

HTH'd.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:13:04 AM »
Good Lord, doubt I'll bother then !

Can I just put a smiley face cartoon instead?  Only kidding. (;:;::...)))  I have a apple mac.  It does braille but not smiley faces?

Thanks so much for your response YoungBlood, I'm truly flabbergasted and I so very much appreciate your time attempting to explain such a simple thing to me...

I will download and save this info for future reference but I'm now unsure whether I can be bothered actually.

Does anyone really mind if I don't have an avatar on your webblog?

good okay then.
take care darelings

xL

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »

Tell me what picture you want, I will upload it to the thread for you, and then maybe we can figure something out from there!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 06:57:02 AM »
Youngblood teh helpful :)
R

w8m8

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 07:49:05 AM »
Good Lord, doubt I'll bother then !

Can I just put a smiley face cartoon instead?  Only kidding. (;:;::...)))  I have a apple mac.  It does braille but not smiley faces?

Thanks so much for your response YoungBlood, I'm truly flabbergasted and I so very much appreciate your time attempting to explain such a simple thing to me...

I will download and save this info for future reference but I'm now unsure whether I can be bothered actually.

good okay then.
take care darelings

xL

go to tinypic and it will let you download the pic then give it an url

w8m8

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 07:50:12 AM »

good okay then.

no one minds .. and it's a message board .. blogs are different .. juss sayin

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 07:39:36 AM »
I'll not bother, but thanks so much for your help attempting.

YoungBlood seems so lovely.  I've not read many of her posts elsewhere and she could of course be a maniac, but I think not.  She seems real and ever so helpful and knowledgeable and extremely nice, all of which traits I admire.

Thank goodness for our lovely fluffy sweet pretty Girly Board where everything's niceness, truth and beauty...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »

I'm a female? XXXLinda, do you remember the PM you sent me a few months back telling me to "fuck off?"

I'm very much a man, I have the appendage to prove it, w8m8 knows. :-*

Now, the very same way you attached the above pictures, just right click and find the URL and follow all the steps I listed above. You're already 50% of the way there. :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 07:21:02 AM »

I'm a female? XXXLinda, do you remember the PM you sent me a few months back telling me to "fuck off?"

I'm very much a man, I have the cock to prove it, w8m8 knows. :-*

Now, the very same way you attached the above pictures, just right click and find the URL and follow all the steps I listed above. You're already 50% of the way there. :)

right okay then. 

Shows how much I know and still have to learn.  I'd thought (with your avatar) that that was you.  I can comprehend migs's bouncy breastesses avatar, but I'd assumed you were a girlie.  As I said, I very rarely read anything other than thread I'm on...  forgive me for assuming.

I'd thought I had a talent for outing.  The first night I was on here all those years ago, I immediately sussed that Always Sore was You Mamma Lurking.  Got in trouble for that and sadly, that amazing poster went away.  Sad really, 'cos he was seriously funny and real
take care darlings
xL

Butterbean?  if i gave you my password and had you check my pms could you confirm this?  I suppose you could.  But why would I bother. 

I'm going out into the garden, I have 16 books stacked up to read, an elderly mum to look after and am addicted to scrabble on our wonderful www.  So bye for a while.  Nuff of this rubbish.

Byeeeeeee, take care you lot
xxxLinda

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 08:26:04 AM »
Nothing ever changes here. Does it. Lol.

Youngbood - tmi.  Don't need to prove you're male or female.  Linda, as always, please remember this is just a message board. If you can't take the heat...stay out of the kitchen. Also don't ever give out or offer out your password to anyone, ever.

Thank you & have a nice day!  ;D
:D Weee

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »

Blah Blah Blah....

xxxLinda

You're correct, you didn't tell me to fuck off, you did tell me to have a fucky day. My mistake, either way, I love how when I'm nice to you you're all appreciative. But when I have enough of your crap and stand up for my friend(s) and send you a PM, you are a bitch.

Whatever it is that you're on, at least take the same dose every day and stay even keel, will you at least do that for me, please? Thank you, sir.

And even still, I'm willing to take time out to help you with your avatar picture. ::)

Nothing ever changes here. Does it. Lol.
Youngbood - tmi.  Don't need to prove you're male or female.

Jesus this was a little misconstrued I think. What, did you really think I was going to whip it out and post up a picture?! Funny how a few words can be read differently. I used something to get the point across, it worked. That's all.

Thanks, however, for making your first post in many weeks regarding this.

Linda, as always, please remember this is just a message board. If you can't take the heat...stay out of the kitchen. Also don't ever give out or offer out your password to anyone, ever.

Laura is correct, you shouldn't give out your password(s) or any info, especially on this board, Which is why I suggested Ron, though I'm not sure I would even trust him.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »
i need popcorn

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 10:37:46 AM »
way to go guys/girls - I am sure the thread owner is impressed  ::)
K

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
Where's your picture, Linda?  ???