Author Topic: Tasteless Mockery of Savage Passing:  (Read 3430 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Tasteless Mockery of Savage Passing:
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:45:28 PM »
At the Wrestlefest 2011 event, presented by Big Time Wrestling (www.btwrestling.com), in Newark, California last weekend, one wrestler got major heat by other wrestlers in attendance for laughing about and mocking Randy Savage's recent death.  

Former WWE, WCW and TNA wrestler, Brian Knobs of the Nasty Boys, was reportedly mocking the  death of "Macho Man" Randy Savage on the night of the tragic accident. Wrestlefest 2011 took place last Friday at the Newark Pavilion and featured a host of professional wrestlers, including Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, X-Pac Sean Waltman, the Nasty Boys and many others.  

One wrestler in attendance told me that Knobs would be impersonating Savage and then put his hands to his chest as if he was faking a heart attack.  "[Knobs] was joking about the fact that he outlived Savage and so many other wrestlers and it was just uncalled for," one source told WrestleZone.com.  

Another wrestler at the event said that it's just how Knobs is, but it's no excuse.  "He's just an asshole in real life, but it doesn't mean it should be tolerated.  Whether he really meant anything or not by it, show some respect".  

While most wrestlers haven't publicly spoken out about the situation with Knobs, Sean Waltman posted the following on his Twitter page: "There's no shoot brewing w Knobs. He's just an asshole for making jokes about Randy Savage dying on the same day it happened. He's pathetic."  Waltman later messaged Hulk Hogan, who it's no secret is close friends with Knobs, saying, "@HulkHogan4Real I love u man, but ur court jester Knobs crossed the line w his laughing about Randy's death before the sun even went down.  I'm sorry to even bring u into Knobs BS, but he needs to be held accountable for once. Ur the only 1 I know who can do it."

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-wrestler-upsets-many-by-mocking-savage-death-130497

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Tasteless Mockery of Savage Passing:
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »
Knobbs is a waste of time, a complete dick. Saggs however seemed genuinely devastated by the passing as they were really close

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »
I never understood the attraction to the Nasty Boys, just to jobbers IMO that had a push...

Knobbs need to get the shit kicked out of him

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
I never understood the attraction to the Nasty Boys, just to jobbers IMO that had a push...

Knobbs need to get the shit kicked out of him

the ONLY reason they got a push is because Knobbs had his entire upper torso lodged firmly in Hogan's ass.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 09:05:04 AM »
Knobbs is a piece of shit...nothing new here.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »
Sad thing is all these guys were "so offended" by it, but why didn't any of them call him out in person?  Would anybody really care if someone kicked him around the backstage area?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »
Sad thing is all these guys were "so offended" by it, but why didn't any of them call him out in person?  Would anybody really care if someone kicked him around the backstage area?

Honestly, I suspect the times have a lot to do with that.
The 80's are gone.
Today you scuffle with someone, and there's an EXCELLENT chance you'll face a lawsuit and/or jail time.

These days, you can get sued for just looking at someone for too long in some places!

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »

The 80's are gone.
Today you scuffle with someone, and there's an EXCELLENT chance you'll face a lawsuit and/or jail time.

These days, you can get sued for just looking at someone for too long in some places!

This is why Shamrock left them alone in the airport

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
This is why Shamrock left them alone in the airport

Who, Nasty's?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »

The 80's are gone.

Maybe I'm from a little different cut of the cloth, but if I heard someone saying those things about someone I considered a friend I would AT LEAST tell them what I thought to their face.  Wrestlers are a strange breed.  They always appear to be tight-nit, but often just stab each other in the back to try to protect their place, etc...  it just breeds a totally different attitude that you have to have to be successful.  I think it's that feeling of isolation that drives a lot of them to drugs and drinking. 

I know Brody is widely recognized as the most independent, but I wonder who would be the top 10 of stars that played by their own rules? Savage would have to be in it for sure.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »

Who, Nasty's?

Yeah, they jumped him in a hotel and knocked him unconscious. He got them in an airport, cornered them and Saggs turned away from him threatening to sue him if he did anything. Shamrock laughed at him and walked off, i think it was Blackman that confirmed this as he was travelling with Ken at the time.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »
Yeah, they jumped him in a hotel and knocked him unconscious. He got them in an airport, cornered them and Saggs turned away from him threatening to sue him if he did anything. Shamrock laughed at him and walked off, i think it was Blackman that confirmed this as he was travelling with Ken at the time.

Okay.
I vaguely remember reading about this years ago, and had completely forgotten about it until now.

Dynamite confirmed that he thought the NB's were pricks upon first meeting them in Japan.
He & Davey humbled them pretty quick during a match in which the Bulldogs stiffed the shit out of both Knobs & Saggs.
They were very nice to the Bulldogs after that, but I've heard over the years that the Nasty's can be quite asshole-like.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
At the Wrestlefest 2011 event, presented by Big Time Wrestling (www.btwrestling.com), in Newark, California last weekend, one wrestler got major heat by other wrestlers in attendance for laughing about and mocking Randy Savage's recent death.  

Former WWE, WCW and TNA wrestler, Brian Knobs of the Nasty Boys, was reportedly mocking the  death of "Macho Man" Randy Savage on the night of the tragic accident. Wrestlefest 2011 took place last Friday at the Newark Pavilion and featured a host of professional wrestlers, including Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, X-Pac Sean Waltman, the Nasty Boys and many others.  

One wrestler in attendance told me that Knobs would be impersonating Savage and then put his hands to his chest as if he was faking a heart attack.  "[Knobs] was joking about the fact that he outlived Savage and so many other wrestlers and it was just uncalled for," one source told WrestleZone.com.  

Another wrestler at the event said that it's just how Knobs is, but it's no excuse.  "He's just an asshole in real life, but it doesn't mean it should be tolerated.  Whether he really meant anything or not by it, show some respect".  

While most wrestlers haven't publicly spoken out about the situation with Knobs, Sean Waltman posted the following on his Twitter page: "There's no shoot brewing w Knobs. He's just an asshole for making jokes about Randy Savage dying on the same day it happened. He's pathetic."  Waltman later messaged Hulk Hogan, who it's no secret is close friends with Knobs, saying, "@HulkHogan4Real I love u man, but ur court jester Knobs crossed the line w his laughing about Randy's death before the sun even went down.  I'm sorry to even bring u into Knobs BS, but he needs to be held accountable for once. Ur the only 1 I know who can do it."

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-wrestler-upsets-many-by-mocking-savage-death-130497
those two clowns the nasty boys are from neck of the woods they were high school football players who came to wrestling as a result of a recommendation by matt millen a great football player but a clown in other walks of life see detroit lions football.
F

Attila

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 02:38:39 PM »
This is sad indeed. :(
"lifting for life"

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 04:22:45 AM »
the ONLY reason they got a push is because Knobbs had his entire upper torso lodged firmly in Hogan's ass.
And it still is....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 10:08:51 AM »
This might be worse...
pwinsider-

An independent wrestling event advertised as a Randy Savage tribute event designed to raise money for the All Children's Hospital in Florida instead degenerated into one of the sadder stories of the year with no money raised for the charity, false advertised talent (including Savage's brother Lanny Poffo) and talents not being paid for appearing, according to the St. Petersburg Times. The event, held on Saturday in New Port Richey's All Sports Arena was, by all signs, a disorganized mess that didn't even feature ring music or a bell to hold ten bell count in Savage's memory. The promoter, Dino Puglia, instead repeated "ding" into a ring mic during a moment of silence. Even more maddening was, according to the piece, the following: "It was billed as a fundraiser for All Children's Hospital and St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital —without either hospital's approval. Puglia now says he didn't raise enough money to cut a check to either charity. Of the eight star names used to promote the event, only half showed up. At least two —Poffo and the Honky Tonk Man, whose real name is Roy Wayne Farris —say they never agreed to attend." Poffo was interviewed by the piece, commenting, "I've stopped answering (Puglia's) calls, and I don't want to have anything to do with him. I thought it would be a good thing for my brother's name, but I regret the outcome and would prefer to distance myself from the stench." Honkytonk Man, never one to shy away from controversy, claimed he learned of the event the day before it was held and recorded a phone call where he ripped into the promoter for false advertising him. Puglia, the promoter, blamed those who put the event advertising together. The only problem with that claim was that those who put the advertising together -former WWE star Big Vito and his longtime girlfriend and valet, Noelle, were doing so under Puglia's instructions based on artwork they received via email. It should be noted that Vito was involved with organizing the event but pulled out prior to it being held after a falling out with Puglia over pay. Vito's version was that he went from being promised his quoted pay to being told he'd have to get paid off the gate like local independent talents would. Naturally, Puglia blamed Vito for the issues with false advertising. That doesn't excuse wrestlers not being paid, which Puglia dismissed as stating that the event didn't raise enough money to cover costs, citing that everyone was being paid off of the live gate. According to the Times piece, the charity the show was being advertised as helping, All Children's Hospital, didn't learn about the event until they were made aware of the advertisements for the event. "Our people then got in touch with Puglia to inform him that he would need to fill out paperwork for the event," said All Children's media coordinator Anne Miller to The Times. "When we looked at it, we decided that we didn't want our logo used and that he would need to provide copies of various types of event insurance and licenses, but he never did that. He went ahead and did the event using our name without our consenting to the event." According to the story, at no point did the event try to take donations for the hospital. "I know Dino, and when he said he wanted to do the event, I said 'go ahead,' " Lanny Poffo said. "This was the first time he's ever asked me to work for him, and I can tell you this is the end of the relationship. He used my brother's name to promote an event and then he turns it into a disgrace. I'm sorry Randy's name was involved, but I know that it won't tarnish his legacy."