Author Topic: Diet advice please- struggling to get cut/more ripped!!  (Read 6196 times)

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
Diet advice please- struggling to get cut/more ripped!!
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
Ok, Im 40 y/o, 5"8', been told Im 8% b/f on my legs and 15% upper body therefore 12% overall! Im a 35"-36" waist which I want to drop a couple of inches to give a more tapered V-shaped look, I also want a more veiny, ripped look (ie Bale in Batman/Reynolds in Blade - not saying I'll be as good them though but Im sure you know what I mean)/ I've been on the following diet for 10 weeks but not seeing the progress that I want:

7am

50g Oats with 6-8 egg whites, natural yogurt, banana  OR 3 pieces of toast, scrambled eggs and banana

10 am

3 poached eggs or scrambled with 2-3 toast, banana

Turkey mince with brown rice, banana

Mass gainer Protein shake (cannot have cooked food as Im at work)OR tuna/rice cakes on days off/weekends)

Pre WO - Cashew nuts, bit of honey, train

PWO - Mass gainer drink

Steak or chicken, brocoli, cauliflower or asparagus

Can of tuna/haddock or 6-8 egg white Omelete

I only cheat on Sundays and do 15 mins of HIT cardio after each training session which are 5 days a week Mon-Fri. I do abs 3 times p/week but my upper body progress is slow, especially my back. Any advice on where Im going wrong would be apprciated.

Hvae loads of water and normal vits, I still cant get my upper body more cut, and help on where Im going wrong would be appreciated.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Diet advice please- struggling to get cut/more ripped!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »
Drop at least 2 bananas. And replace with apple or Berry or veg and for sure replace mass gainers with protein powder with less Carb/sugar. And add fats like olive oil and fish oil.
:

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »
Drop at least 2 bananas. And replace with apple or Berry or veg and for sure replace mass gainers with protein powder with less Carb/sugar. And add fats like olive oil and fish oil.

Ok.....when you say berry do you mean Strawberries? And as for the mass drinks, If I use a plain whey protein at 16.00 instead of the mass drink surely my hunger cravings will be worse? What shall I do to minimize that?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:31:22 AM »
Ok.....when you say berry do you mean Strawberries? And as for the mass drinks, If I use a plain whey protein at 16.00 instead of the mass drink surely my hunger cravings will be worse? What shall I do to minimize that?

Typing on a phone sucks!

Any kind of berry. 3 bananas a day is too much. Find something else less caloric and w/more fiber.  Mass gainers are loaded with sugar and other fillers and low quality protein.  There are MRPs out there with fewer calories if convenience is the driving factor.
:

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:40:49 PM »
Typing on a phone sucks!

Any kind of berry. 3 bananas a day is too much. Find something else less caloric and w/more fiber.  Mass gainers are loaded with sugar and other fillers and low quality protein.  There are MRPs out there with fewer calories if convenience is the driving factor.

Thanks for your help.

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »

try casein protein and you can add some healthy fats, you will feel full and aid fat burning.

also for few times i replaced shakes with real food even PWO since im cutting and i really felt im holding less water and felt much better.

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »
Ok, Im 40 y/o, 5"8', been told Im 8% b/f on my legs and 15% upper body therefore 12% overall! Im a 35"-36" waist which I want to drop a couple of inches to give a more tapered V-shaped look, I also want a more veiny, ripped look (ie Bale in Batman/Reynolds in Blade - not saying I'll be as good them though but Im sure you know what I mean)/ I've been on the following diet for 10 weeks but not seeing the progress that I want:

7am

50g Oats with 6-8 egg whites, natural yogurt, banana  OR 3 pieces of toast, scrambled eggs and banana

10 am

3 poached eggs or scrambled with 2-3 toast, banana

Turkey mince with brown rice, banana

Mass gainer Protein shake (cannot have cooked food as Im at work)OR tuna/rice cakes on days off/weekends)

Pre WO - Cashew nuts, bit of honey, train

PWO - Mass gainer drink

Steak or chicken, brocoli, cauliflower or asparagus

Can of tuna/haddock or 6-8 egg white Omelete

I only cheat on Sundays and do 15 mins of HIT cardio after each training session which are 5 days a week Mon-Fri. I do abs 3 times p/week but my upper body progress is slow, especially my back. Any advice on where Im going wrong would be apprciated.

Hvae loads of water and normal vits, I still cant get my upper body more cut, and help on where Im going wrong would be appreciated.

you have so much damn carbs in just your first 3 meals bud.  I didn't want to look past that!!!  your diet would put 20lbs on me in a month!!!!  cut the carbs u fatty!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:12 PM »
Get some Lipo-6 or SAN or similary fatburner.

On a side note, both Bale in Batman and Reynolds in Blade were on the juice.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 04:17:55 AM »
you have so much damn carbs in just your first 3 meals bud.  I didn't want to look past that!!!  your diet would put 20lbs on me in a month!!!!  cut the carbs u fatty!!!

Lol, I agree, Im cutting out all bread and weight gainer (replacing it with plain whey protein) and cutting down on bananas. Plus Im gonna up the cardio to 30 mins a session. Does anybody think I will need a fat burner to help?

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 04:20:26 AM »
Get some Lipo-6 or SAN or similary fatburner.

On a side note, both Bale in Batman and Reynolds in Blade were on the juice.

How do you know that?  Surely if they had regular training sessions by the worlds best coaches, meals prepared by chefs, theit trainers constantly giving them motivation and access to the best equipment why would they use rods???

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »
How do you know that?  Surely if they had regular training sessions by the worlds best coaches, meals prepared by chefs, theit trainers constantly giving them motivation and access to the best equipment why would they use rods???

LOL. yeah sure.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 02:48:10 AM »
k, Im 40 y/o, 5"8', been told Im 8% b/f on my legs and 15% upper body therefore 12% overall! Im a 35"-36" waist which I want to drop a couple of inches to give a more tapered V-shaped look, I also want a more veiny, ripped look (ie Bale in Batman/Reynolds in Blade - not saying I'll be as good them though but Im sure 5 oz.you know what I mean)/ I've been on the following diet for 10 weeks but not seeing the progress that I want:

7am

50g Oats with 8-10 egg whites, 10 oz. water

10 am

1 can water packed tuna,salad,with fat free ,low sugar dressing (3gms. or less) 16 oz. water

5 oz. Skinless chicken breast with brown rice,1 cup plain vegetables 12 oz. water

1 scoop whey in 10 oz. water

2 cups coffee

PWO - 1 scoop whey in water,1 baked potato (plain)

5 oz. chicken, brocoli, cauliflower or asparagus 12 oz. water

Can of tuna 16 oz. water

NO CHEATING,JUST HAVE A HIGHER CARB DAY CONSISTING OF CLEAN CARBS!!

THANK ME LATER AND GET SERIOUS BROTHER!!

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 04:25:09 AM »
k, Im 40 y/o, 5"8', been told Im 8% b/f on my legs and 15% upper body therefore 12% overall! Im a 35"-36" waist which I want to drop a couple of inches to give a more tapered V-shaped look, I also want a more veiny, ripped look (ie Bale in Batman/Reynolds in Blade - not saying I'll be as good them though but Im sure 5 oz.you know what I mean)/ I've been on the following diet for 10 weeks but not seeing the progress that I want:

7am

50g Oats with 8-10 egg whites, 10 oz. water

10 am

1 can water packed tuna,salad,with low fat ,low sugar (3gms. or less) 16 oz. water

5 oz. Skinless chicken breast with brown rice,1 cup plain vegetables 12 oz. water

1 scoop whey in 10 oz. water

2 cups coffee

PWO - 1 scoop whey in water,1 baked potato (plain)

5 oz. chicken, brocoli, cauliflower or asparagus 12 oz. water

Can of tuna 16 oz. water

NO CHEATING,JUST HAVE A HIGHER CARB DAY CONSISTING OF CLEAN CARBS!!

THANK ME LATER AND GET SERIOUS BROTHER!!

That's a much better diet than what I was on, will also not cheat now either - plus I will up the cardio to 30 mins each session. I will report back in 12 weeks!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
Good luck bud......I`m 56 and dieting right now and plan on being in the best shape of my life come this July.

Stay focused,stay hungry,be consistant, and remember to stay on this type of regimen,you gotta` want it badly!!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 09:03:13 PM »
10 days of nothing but Steak and eggs, with a salad at dinner will get you dialed in.

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 02:07:33 AM »
Well, here I am nearly 6 weeks later....revamped everything, cut out all pasta, bread, bananas etc.....here are my pics from last week, what do you think??

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 04:08:20 AM »
good work...even now can see the feathered look on your quads...
T

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 02:26:55 PM »
What's your waist measure now?  certainly not 35".  You look good! great job! 

Did you follow Wes' diet?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »
Diet advice please- struggling to get cut/more ripped!!

Find out how many calories you need to maintain your current bodyweight, then subtract 500 calories from that and spread it over 6 meals. For every meal get a lean protein with very low glycemic carbs and vegetables. The protein is important because it furthers decreases the glycemic load of the carbs, and spares muscle which keeps your metabolism high. The vegetables are important for G.I health, vitamin/minerals and antioxidants and keeps you full. Do one hour of low-intensity aerobics first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, or if you feel light-headed, do it in the afternoon. It is very important to do your weight training, as the more muscle you have the more calories you'll burn while resting.

Finding out how many calories you need to maintain your current bodyweight can be done in two manners. You can do it professionally with a calorimeter, which is impractical, or write down everything you eat for three days, add up the calories by checking on calorie tabs, which are easily available, then divide by three. This will give you an idea of your daily calorie intake. Proceed as elucidated above.

SUCKMYMUSCLE 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 04:05:26 AM »
Looking really good dude!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 04:06:36 AM »
  Find out how many calories you need to maintain your current bodyweight, then subtract 500 calories from that and spread it over 6 meals. For every meal get a lean protein with very low glycemic carbs and vegetables. The protein is important because it furthers decreases the glycemic load of the carbs, and spares muscle which keeps your metabolism high. The vegetables are important for G.I health, vitamin/minerals and antioxidants and keeps you full. Do one hour of low-intensity aerobics first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, or if you feel light-headed, do it in the afternoon. It is very important to do your weight training, as the more muscle you have the more calories you'll burn while resting.

Finding out how many calories you need to maintain your current bodyweight can be done in two manners. You can do it professionally with a calorimeter, which is impractical, or write down everything you eat for three days, add up the calories by checking on calorie tabs, which are easily available, then divide by three. This will give you an idea of your daily calorie intake. Proceed as elucidated above.

SUCKMYMUSCLE 
Great advice.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 04:34:59 AM »
Nice work. I have the same goals. What are you weighing in the recent pics?

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »
Nice work. I have the same goals. What are you weighing in the recent pics?

13st 3lbs at the moment.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:22 AM »
Rickyboy, your post got me thinking and I wanted to hear opinions and maybe this has been touched upon here already..

So you said you dropped out all bananas, bread, pasta, ect..  So did you replace the calories with anything else- more protein or fat or did you just make that your caloric deficit. 

I know this goes back to the old debate is a calorie just a calorie or does the type of calorie or maybe in this case type of carbohydrate you eat affect body fat levels.  Eating the same amount of carbs in bread, fruit, and pasta doesn’t burn as much fat if you were eating brown rice, oatmeal, and veggies..

What is everyones experience with this to get really lean?

Oh and good pics by the way Rickyboy..awsome progress!!

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »