Author Topic: Bob Chick Multi Winner Mr. Olympia  (Read 33531 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Bob Chick Multi Winner Mr. Olympia
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »
Think about it guys. Bob Chick obviously didn't do the amount of drugs that most did. You've never seen him with a massive belly. He is easily the best white poser on stage at any given time. His Quad sweep and back width(with the right supplements) could have been unmatched. His facial looks is/was easily better than any top ten pro of the 21st century(no homo you homo's). He didn't have any glaring bad body parts.

So what do you think. If Bob Chick did the amount of drugs that say Jason Cutler did. And pumped the amount of oil that Cutler/Flex/and Phil did. Could Bob Chick have been a multiple Mr. Olympia winner? I'm saying just maybe. The guy could actually pose. And pose the right way. Sure he never would have beaten Coleman, however he may have been able to take Cutler's place if he really decided to walk on the dark side like Jay has done and the way Jay has taught Phil.

What would Chick have looked like at 265 to 280?

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Chick Multi Winner Mr. Olympia
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:48:25 PM »
Rumor is that when the higher ups heard about Bobs Mirage days they placed him low to avoid the scandal getting out if he made it big.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »
Rumor is that when the higher ups heard about Bobs Mirage days they placed him low to avoid the scandal getting out if he made it big.

I've heard of those rumors. But I've also heard that Lee Priest sucked cock for racing tires many years ago. And didn't Lee place in the top ten a few times at the Olympia?

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »
Without Jim Rockell in his pocket, Bob would have never gotten his pro card. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
Without Jim Rockell in his pocket, Bob would have never gotten his pro card. 

Yeah...a real gift after 13 years in the amateurs.  good to see you're still retarded as ever

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »
...something about his hair.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
Yeah...a real gift after 13 years in the amateurs.  good to see you're still retarded as ever

That's exactly why it was a gift. You didn't deserve it, he just felt sorry for you.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 06:11:18 PM »
Hey lets also start a thread about who's better- Dorian vs Ronnie... Who would be Mr. O without any drugs... and maybe something about how ugly Dave Palumbo is.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 06:11:36 PM »
Think about it guys. Bob Chick obviously didn't do the amount of drugs that most did. You've never seen him with a massive belly. He is easily the best white poser on stage at any given time. His Quad sweep and back width(with the right supplements) could have been unmatched. His facial looks is/was easily better than any top ten pro of the 21st century(no homo you homo's). He didn't have any glaring bad body parts.

So what do you think. If Bob Chick did the amount of drugs that say Jason Cutler did. And pumped the amount of oil that Cutler/Flex/and Phil did. Could Bob Chick have been a multiple Mr. Olympia winner? I'm saying just maybe. The guy could actually pose. And pose the right way. Sure he never would have beaten Coleman, however he may have been able to take Cutler's place if he really decided to walk on the dark side like Jay has done and the way Jay has taught Phil.

What would Chick have looked like at 265 to 280?

I think you make a good point about Bob not overdoing it drug-wise....he seemed to be content to work with what he had and not to risk any adverse side-effects from over-use

I think Bob was a guy who had a plan all along...he wanted to see how far his physique could take him and when he realized he just didn't have the genetics that others had, he got out quick instead of just hanging in there to constantly chase tenth place and risk health problems later...

he re-invented himself as an MC and commentator and decided to make money off the industry rather than let the industry make money off of him and then wind up discarded like so many other BB'ers out there..

now today he has his health, a great physique that he can show off at the beach, a HOT wife, some money in the bank, and is still involved in a sport which he obviously cares about and in which he doesn't have to work 9-5 like the rest of us..what more can you ask for???

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
 Chick was jacked and tanned once.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 06:14:33 PM »
I think you make a good point about Bob not overdoing it drug-wise....he seemed to be content to work with what he had and not to risk any adverse side-effects from over-use

I think Bob was a guy who had a plan all along...he wanted to see how far his physique could take him and when he realized he just didn't have the genetics that others had, he got out quick instead of just hanging in there to constantly chase tenth place and risk health problems later...

he re-invented himself as an MC and commentator and decided to make money off the industry rather than let the industry make money off of him and then wind up discarded like so many other BB'ers out there..

now today he has his health, a great physique that he can show off at the beach, a HOT wife, some money in the bank, and is still involved in a sport which he obviously cares about and in which he doesn't have to work 9-5 like the rest of us..what more can you ask for???

Pretty accurate..

Had I turned pro back in 1989 USA, instead of 2000 USA...I might have had a different approach...Simply took too long to turn pro.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »
chick is jacked,was jacked and yes i think if he heavy dosed and syntholed out he would most definitely been a top 5 olympia contender.I do think he did go a better route being healthy and jacked and still being involved in the sport without risking his health.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »
two things Bob...

why did it take you so long to turn pro??..you may have explained this in the past but I missed it....was it a longer process back then?..or did you have trouble with not being able to attain the physique needed due to your genetics, so you had to work much longer and harder than your peers?

Also..how do you think you would have done had you been competing in the 70's instead?...before the time of the more extreme supplementation out there? do you think your physique was better suited to that time and how do you think you would have done competition-wise?

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
Chick already looks better than Cutler without the fridge's massive drug intake.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 06:24:12 PM »
newsflash all pro's abused drugs to the max, bob too

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
Wait for it...

Wer'e about to get a lecture on just exactly what he used .... and how much.... waiting... waiting...

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 06:28:32 PM »
I heard Bob just used creatine and BCAA's.
P

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »
two things Bob...

why did it take you so long to turn pro??..you may have explained this in the past but I missed it....was it a longer process back then?..or did you have trouble with not being able to attain the physique needed due to your genetics, so you had to work much longer and harder than your peers?

Also..how do you think you would have done had you been competing in the 70's instead?...before the time of the more extreme supplementation out there? do you think your physique was better suited to that time and how do you think you would have done competition-wise?

why??,, you took a look at barry haney and rich? there is posting about them here video ,,THATS WHY,,then it wasnt liek the shit you have now,,take a look at the bodybuild of the 80s and 90s ,,that was fuckin bodybuilding,,everything was muscle MUSCLE true lean mean shredded conditioned muscle ,,not this igf insulina balonie you see now enhanced by seo to the 10th degree,,if 1989 was 2010 ...he would be pro very fast,,jason huh...lol  look at the shit you have now day ,, barry haney dorian rich ...those were the days bodybuild was something you were lookign up to ...to this day i remember sitting looking at lee labrada in magazine and saying THIS is what i want to look like ,,this is something that my dad will be proud i look like ,,today you look at philsulina and dark circles come aroudn yoru eyes and you nod your head from side to side knowing something is not right there ,,knowing it is fake muscle

thats why

gh15 approved
fallen angel

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »
 ;D
U

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 06:29:51 PM »
Wait for it...

Wer'e about to get a lecture on just exactly what he used .... and how much.... waiting... waiting...

you dont get pro without abusing hormones, they all abused it, but these days fellas abuse it a tad bit more

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
I heard Bob just used creatine and BCAA's.

actually I recall Bob telling a youngster that he didn't take creatine because he already had enough size.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 06:34:35 PM »
two things Bob...

why did it take you so long to turn pro??

Bob's fav activity resulted in frequent E. coli ingestion which made it hard for him to make real gains.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
remember this bob?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »
two things Bob...

I climbed the ranks pretty fast, winning about 20+ teen shows, placing 2nd to Shawn Ray at the Teen Nationals, won the Jr. Nationals overall in 1987, placed 5th in my National debut the same year HW...

Placed runner up to Johnnie Morant at the 1989 USA, and two more top 5 at the 89 Nationals/ N. American...placed 5th in the 1990 Nationals (drug tested)....clean.  Took 6th in the infamous 1991 Nationals...

Then it all started to go downhill....as I wasnt winning, but close....I started to make changes to my program...training, gear, cardio, etc...more specifically, my last 48 hr. prep....and with every change came worse results....the smarter I got, the worse I looked.  Something to be said for ignorance being bliss...

when I got picked for the American Gladiators, I figured I would go in that direction, since it was a very natural fit for me, being a athlete in many sports for many years... when that canceled the following year, I got a call from the WBF/ McMahon..they were going to offer two amateurs a chance to compete as pros...Paul DeMayo...and Me.  When that closed shop before ever getting going...I went back to my quest to turn pro...

As the years rolled along, I started to focus on running my personal training gym, while still competing, and still missing the mark...

In 1998 I blew out my L-4/ L-5 disc...bad. I had surgery/ fusion in July of that year. Figured my quest was finally over as there were no guarantees of a full recovery, especially nerve wise.

Got with George Farah in 1999, he assured my with my genetics and his expertise of diet/ prep....that I would turn pro....guaranteed.  Busted my  as we had 11 weeks to the 99 Nats...had to re-qualify...went down to TX for the last Q before the Natinals...won the TX, went on to place 2nd to King in the HW ( as I was already down in weight from being out of action from surgery, etc....I was 225 on the button)

Went on the win the USA SHW and Overall at 233 lbs.

THAT was MY Olympia...whatever happened after that as a pro would always take a back seat to 13 years of effort and obtaining my goal...

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »
So in short your timing in anabolic coctail was whacked for 13 years, untill farah came along give you good stack and knowledge and in 11 weeks you came further than in 13 years, am i correct