Author Topic: So... had a bird die in my hands yesterday  (Read 7656 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: So... had a bird die in my hands yesterday
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »
“Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.”- Epicurus

Best thing you ever pasted!

:)
I hate the State.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »
Best thing you ever pasted!

:)
of course death is here.  If someone close to you dies you feel it. You could argue that you feel a loved ones death more then you would feel your own.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
This is weird I had the same thing yesterday though the bird was not injured, just young.  He got lost and I was flying around indoors in my workplace, I noticed he'd given up and landed on the floor. So I picked it up (didn't even struggle) and took it outside next to the trees and gave it a flick.   I can out to my car 10 minutes later and it was next to my car on it side dying. Felt like a waste of my time.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »
Pretty weird experience, now you all gonna say its just a bird, but neverless I never had anything actually die in my hands.

I drove home in the morning after I went quickly to the shop, see this bird flapping on the side of the road, park the car and walk back since I'm just unable to see an animal hurt.
Pick the bird up its a blackbird, hes hurt bad I can tell either both his legs are broken or more likely his back, right than I knew there isn't much I can do since I am a qualified zookeeer I know the difference between there is hope and that's it - he wasn't even grabbing my fingers.
So I had two choices, 1) I can leave it at the side of the road 2) I can take it home or kill it quick.
So I took it home, I have no problem killing animals but I have seen birds hit a window/car full force and they come around again, so I took it home.
Coming home I can see he's getting worse, eyes closed and he is breathing real heavy, so I put it in a box with a towel inside and another on top to give him a bit of darkness.

After five minutes I checked the box and he was still alive and in pain, so I made the decision to just hold it in my hands, after a few seconds when I picked him up - he was just breathing now no movement he spasm real hard and than he slowly died.

It was weird and very sad even if it was just a bird, I never thought I feel like that, its a completely different experience to - finding something dead.
I cannot even imagine what it must feel like to have a friend or other person die in your arms.

I was at Mom's bedside when she passed...almost all of you have this in front of you.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
My mother died in my arms............not a good day.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »
I killed a bird yesterday while driving my parent's car. Retarded bird.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »
Stark, a week ago...I was leaving work...I was behind a school bus, well it had stopped at the bottom of a bridge, right after a traffic light. It wasn't a scheduled stop...Well, we were wondering why it stopped, so I went in the other lane...the busdriver had stopped for a big ass pond turtle that was in the middle of the road. I did something that was uncharacteristic of me...I kept going, as I was leaving I saw that th busdriver had got gotten out and was going to move the pond turtle---even though he had a backup behind him. I thought about going back, but didn't...

As I got home, I saw that there was another pond turtle on a residential street...so, I got out, picked him up, and put him in the car. I was taking him to a nearby pond. It was a Painted Slider...it had a dirty carapace, but a beautifully colored plastron. I took him to the pond, and I felt better thar Mr. turtle wasn't roadkill.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2011, 06:24:25 PM »
Stark, a week ago...I was leaving work...I was behind a school bus, well it had stopped at the bottom of a bridge, right after a traffic light. It wasn't a scheduled stop...Well, we were wondering why it stopped, so I went in the other lane...the busdriver had stopped for a big ass pond turtle that was in the middle of the road. I did something that was uncharacteristic of me...I kept going, as I was leaving I saw that th busdriver had got gotten out and was going to move the pond turtle---even though he had a backup behind him. I thought about going back, but didn't...

As I got home, I saw that there was another pond turtle on a residential street...so, I got out, picked him up, and put him in the car. I was taking him to a nearby pond. It was a Painted Slider...it had a dirty carapace, but a beautifully colored plastron. I took him to the pond, and I felt better thar Mr. turtle wasn't roadkill.

Thank you GangstaLean!!!!
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »
My dog died in my arms, probably poisoned we think. It's not nice.

same. Best dog I ever had too.

My beloved dog Keesha died in my arms.  It was very hard, but I had been preparing myself mentally for a couple of years.  She was 1 week shy of 19.

That was nothing compared to holding my brother as he took his last breath. :'(
:

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
Pretty weird experience, now you all gonna say its just a bird, but neverless I never had anything actually die in my hands.

I drove home in the morning after I went quickly to the shop, see this bird flapping on the side of the road, park the car and walk back since I'm just unable to see an animal hurt.
Pick the bird up its a blackbird, hes hurt bad I can tell either both his legs are broken or more likely his back, right than I knew there isn't much I can do since I am a qualified zookeeer I know the difference between there is hope and that's it - he wasn't even grabbing my fingers.
So I had two choices, 1) I can leave it at the side of the road 2) I can take it home or kill it quick.
So I took it home, I have no problem killing animals but I have seen birds hit a window/car full force and they come around again, so I took it home.
Coming home I can see he's getting worse, eyes closed and he is breathing real heavy, so I put it in a box with a towel inside and another on top to give him a bit of darkness.

After five minutes I checked the box and he was still alive and in pain, so I made the decision to just hold it in my hands, after a few seconds when I picked him up - he was just breathing now no movement he spasm real hard and than he slowly died.

It was weird and very sad even if it was just a bird, I never thought I feel like that, its a completely different experience to - finding something dead.
I cannot even imagine what it must feel like to have a friend or other person die in your arms.

Oh well, it wasn't going to chirp Beethoven's Ninth Symphony anyway...

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2011, 06:37:06 PM »

judging by some of the warped and disturbing shit you post... i'm sure it won't be to long before you experience and enjoy death by your own hand.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »

newmom

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
My beloved dog Keesha died in my arms.  It was very hard, but I had been preparing myself mentally for a couple of years.  She was 1 week shy of 19.

That was nothing compared to holding my brother as he took his last breath. :'(

So sorry Princess L, I can't remotely imagine loosing my brother let alone see it

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
I always stop and save turtles.

I hate to see them squashed especially intentionally by some fucking idiot............which happens more than you would think.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »

I hate to see them squashed especially intentionally by some fucking idiot............which happens more than you would think.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »

Thank you GangstaLean!!!!
I said it was very uncharacteristic of me because, my brother calls me Mr. Nature, and says I should work for National Geographic of Discovery Channel---I would have been the one to stop for the first turtle...but I didn't...and I got a chance to redeem myself...
I have stopped for a momma duck and ducklings on a busy highway

I saw a box turtle that had been run over by a trashtruck...it's carapace was cracked and it was bleeding...chances are it's back was broken, due to it being part of it's carapace. It was still alive. I picked it up and put it in the woods...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »

Brilliant!!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2011, 09:20:40 PM »

Stop taking your wife's estrogen pills, you idiot.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
Moments earlier

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »

don't encourage him. he already fancies himself a wit.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2011, 12:06:48 AM »

You are a pussy who has never seen the brutal realities that exist outside whatever spoiled rich fist world country you live in.

Fly out to India and walk around for a while. You'll probably start crying at the abject poverty and suffering you see.

Go visit some poor countries and see what capitalism does to "those other people" who you don't see. It ain't pretty at all.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2011, 01:13:45 AM »
I said it was very uncharacteristic of me because, my brother calls me Mr. Nature, and says I should work for National Geographic of Discovery Channel---I would have been the one to stop for the first turtle...but I didn't...and I got a chance to redeem myself...
I have stopped for a momma duck and ducklings on a busy highwayI saw a box turtle that had been run over by a trashtruck...it's carapace was cracked and it was bleeding...chances are it's back was broken, due to it being part of it's carapace. It was still alive. I picked it up and put it in the woods...
We`re kindred spirits brother...........I love Marty Stoufer,Marlin Perkins, and all animals.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2011, 02:01:05 AM »
Well I don't know about the rest of you, but you've touched this Getbigger Stark.

Rest In Peace little birdie.

Rest in peace.