Author Topic: Where most conspiracy theories fall apart/fail  (Read 5125 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Where most conspiracy theories fall apart/fail
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »
I'm a regular listener to Coast to Coast, have always been interested in conspiracy theories, etc. I just find a lot of the stuff fascinating and do not necessarily believe too much into anything (ie. take everything with a big grain of salt) ...

Where I've noticed over the years most of these guys (selling their books and dvd's) mess up is they start trying to tie everything into one unified theory (probably to try and get more conspiracy theorists from different areas all together) so for instance a nut like david icke will start off on ancient aliens, pyramids
and if he had just left it at that he might have been somewhat credible or believed. But then the nutfuck
starts incorporating alien moon bases, the face on mars, reptilians, shapeshifters and EBE's from zeta reticuli into the equation and just makes himself look completely ridiculous. I find most of the guys on the scene make the same obvious mistake over and over, the same thing with guys like richard c hoagland, jim marrs and the rest of the coast to coast bunch.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Where most conspiracy theories fall apart/fail
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »
I'm a regular listener to Coast to Coast, have always been interested in conspiracy theories, etc. I just find a lot of the stuff fascinating and do not necessarily believe too much into anything (ie. take everything with a big grain of salt) ...

Where I've noticed over the years most of these guys (selling their books and dvd's) mess up is they start trying to tie everything into one unified theory (probably to try and get more conspiracy theorists from different areas all together) so for instance a nut like david icke will start off on ancient aliens, pyramids
and if he had just left it at that he might have been somewhat credible or believed. But then the nutfuck
starts incorporating alien moon bases, the face on mars, reptilians, shapeshifters and EBE's from zeta reticuli into the equation and just makes himself look completely ridiculous. I find most of the guys on the scene make the same obvious mistake over and over, the same thing with guys like richard c hoagland, jim marrs and the rest of the coast to coast bunch.

You know who I hated the most... Maj Ed Dames.  Not sure how long you've listened to the show but he use to be on constantly for a while.  What a load of crap.  He's one of those guys the movie, "The men who stare at goats" is about.  Boring...  I listen to the show too, but 95% of it is pure crap.  Once in a while they get someone on that is credible and fun to listen to or not credible and full of shit but still fun to listen to ;D  They do have a lot of losers show up; makes me think anyone could make up some bullshit and get on coast and pull in a few extra grand.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »

How about this gem.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
You know who I hated the most... Maj Ed Dames.  Not sure how long you've listened to the show but he use to be on constantly for a while.  What a load of crap.  He's one of those guys the movie, "The men who stare at goats" is about.  Boring...  I listen to the show too, but 95% of it is pure crap.  Once in a while they get someone on that is credible and fun to listen to or not credible and full of shit but still fun to listen to ;D  They do have a lot of losers show up; makes me think anyone could make up some bullshit and get on coast and pull in a few extra grand.

I've listened on and off for a while, you're absolutely right it's 95% bullshit and garbage but once in a while there is a really good show with credible people, I find myself listening to a lot of older shows when Art Bell was still running it from the 90's. George Noory seems to have his little group of nuts he brings on regularly
and I can't stand most of them.

How about this gem.

Wow, what DIDN'T she include in there?!!? LOL

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »
I've listened on and off for a while, you're absolutely right it's 95% bullshit and garbage but once in a while there is a really good show with credible people, I find myself listening to a lot of older shows when Art Bell was still running it from the 90's. George Noory seems to have his little group of nuts he brings on regularly
and I can't stand most of them.

Wow, what DIDN'T she include in there?!!? LOL
Oh trust me, Art Bell might have been fun to listen to but he brought his share of nuts in just like George does.  

The story gets bigger with Art...  Maybe someday we will be watching episode of Nightline, 20/20, or 60 Minutes about this guy.... I think there is a reason he bailed and didn't want to stick around for any possible investigations...  And due to threats of lawsuits, I won't say more than that...

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »
hugo check this guys videos out, interesting views.
audio
http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6434

on topic...

listen to all of it ... listen to what he says @ 'round 2:13

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:17:40 AM »
MB, I don't know that I have ever met anyone who thinks there are no conspiracies ever.  That's very unrealistic I think. 

You know anyone like that?

I have however met many rational CT'ers and others who are just plain nut jobs.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 06:29:04 PM »

How about this gem.

She is right.  How else could the missile have been shot down? 
Live free or die

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »
listen to all of it ... listen to what he says @ 'round 2:13

It's kinda funny... He calls out Alex Jones as just fearmongering or using scare tactics and states that the real culprits of our problems are the power hungry psychopaths that have always been around.  That's funny as hell because that's what Alex identifies these guys as being too.  He clearly identifies these guys as being power hungry and spends the time to point out all the history of people and events--reasons we shouldn't ignore the psychos in control today.

I had a major problem as soon as he said, "the way to get around the psychopath is to ignore the psychopath."  Really?  Yea, I don't fucking think so...  Ignoring psychos in power is a big mistake that's been done one to many times...  He then goes on to accuse Alex of working with the psycopaths... Like to know how he knows that...

Also he says Alex Jones preaches the system is evil.  No he doesn't, he yells about a good system being corrupted.  There's a big difference.  Comparing Alex to punk rockers in that aspect is a bit lol...

Then, and this is a good one, he goes on to mock Alex for wanting to wake up others and for calling some types sheeple.  He says it’s none of Alex’s business, if people don’t want woken up, he doesn’t have the right to try…  Oh brother, if they don’t want to tune in, if they don’t want to wake up to someone’s message, they are free to turn it off and ignore it.  The onus is not on Alex.  Otherwise everyone would have some demand on them to shut up…  That most certainly is not what we are in America.  If you don’t want Alex’s message, don’t fucking listen to his fucking show man…  That’s easy…  Starting to tell people who has and doesn’t have the right, that’s much harder.

And now I’m really sorta offended at what he’s saying… He’s suggesting that the people who listen to talk radio, Alex and others are not thinking for themselves?…  Ok, I’m sure there are some dolts out there but many are not.  Just because I tune into a show and listen to what they’re saying does not mean I’m plugging it in to my head without thinking about it.  Most of us hear shit we agree with, disagree with or have questions about.  We should not have to lower ourselves for the few idiots sucking in everything as gospel.

Ok, stopping before this reply turns into a novel.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 07:27:56 PM »
dude isn't even american, who gives a sh*t what he thinks.  At least Alex Jones is doing everything he can to expose and get rid of the TSA.  What is this ugly irishman doing besides ignoring psychopaths.
Live free or die

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
MB, I don't know that I have ever met anyone who thinks there are no conspiracies ever.  That's very unrealistic I think. 

You know anyone like that?

I have however met many rational CT'ers and others who are just plain nut jobs.

no I don't

where do I fall?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 07:32:39 AM »
no I don't

where do I fall?

Not with the few nuts lol.