Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 133469 times)

Purge_WTF

I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt since Andrew Breitbart has proven himself to be less than honest in the past, but it looks like the walls are closing in.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Funny!  He is the most unprofessional member of Congress.

him and Joe Wilson right.. or is Joe Wilson cool

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Anthony Weiner Can't Identify His Crotch Shot
Ward World ^ | 06/01/2011 | Kevin A Ward

It just keeps getting deeper and deeper.The hole that Anthony Weiner is digging for himself.He says he can't be sure its a photo of him. Really? Well, who's is it and why did you have it in the first place? What a dunce. You can see it at http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/01/6764247-weiner-cant-say-with-certitude-that-lewd-photo-isnt-of-him?GT1=43001

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
him and Joe Wilson right.. or is Joe Wilson cool

Joe Wilson is ok.  I didn't like his outburst, but he's not in Weiner's league when it comes to lack of professionalism. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Wilson was dead right.   I'm glad he did what he did.  My only beef is that he apologized.   "You Lie" needs to be plastered all over the place 24/7 when it comes to fauxbama.       

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Anthony Weiner won't deny lewd photo is him
CBS News ^ | 06/01/2011 | Brian Montopoli, Jill Jackson

In an interview with CBS News Wednesday, New York Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner repeatedly refused to deny that his crotch is seen in a lewd photograph sent to a college student from his Twitter account.

Weiner did say explicitly that he did not send the photo.

"I did not, this was a prank, a hoax," he told CBS News' Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes.

He said his "system was hacked into," noting that "we've retained a firm that is going to take a look at the Internet security that to make sure this does not happen again." Weiner said the firm would try to find out "exactly what happened."

But Weiner would not say that he is not pictured in the photograph, prompting Cordes to say, "it sounds like it was a photo of you." Weiner responded, "well, we're going to try to find out exactly what happened."

Later, Cordes said, "I think any normal person could say with certainty whether a picture was a photo of them or not, whether they had taken a photo of them or not."

In response, Weiner referenced Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" segment Tuesday night in which Stewart suggested that the photo didn't look like Weiner for what Weiner called "embarrassing reasons."

At another point, the congressman said, "the photograph does not look familiar to me."

"But before I say anything I want to make sure that nothing was manipulated about it, that it wasn't taken - that something wasn't dropped into my account or taken out," he said.

"This was a hoax," he continued. "It was committed on me, it was a prank, it was relatively easy one to do, making fun of my name. My accounts were hacked in to. I think at some point we've got to start focusing on other issues."

(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
He is a fiesty one!

Feisty is a pretty kind way to describe him.   :)  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Joe Wilson is ok.  I didn't like his outburst, but he's not in Weiner's league when it comes to lack of professionalism. 

Figures

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Wilson was dead right.   I'm glad he did what he did.  My only beef is that he apologized.   "You Lie" needs to be plastered all over the place 24/7 when it comes to fauxbama.       

but youre not cool when Wiener went in on dude regarding that 911 first responders bill.. that was unprofessional right

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Figures

Figures that I would have a problem with Wilson's outburst?  I agree. 

What does Wilson have to do with Weiner-Gate?

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
Barney Frank wrote:
Dear Anthony, how bout you and me caucus tonight? ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Not wiener is worrying about his marriage to wolf blitzer. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
" I deeply regret this incident and would like to first apologize to my wife, the people of the 9th district and my colleagues in Congress. My actions were reprehensible and display a serious lack of judgement. I therefore feel that I must step down from my position and resign from Congress.  I would ask that the members of the media please respect my privacy and that of my family at this time, thankyou."

3 days is my bet. Each statement and interview gets worse and we've all seen this play out dozens of times.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Remember when the dems managed to get a GOP congressman to resign for showing a picture of him with his shirt off to some chick on Craigslist? Want to bet that twat Weiner won't have the same dignity and resign?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Dems probably look at this like a badge of courage. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Rep. Weiner To Wolf Blitzer: ‘I Hope My Marriage Survives Our First Anniversary’
Mediaite ^ | 6/01/11 | Matt Schneider
Posted on June 1, 2011 6:17:14 PM EDT by Libloather

Rep. Weiner To Wolf Blitzer: ‘I Hope My Marriage Survives Our First Anniversary’
by Matt Schneider | 5:09 pm, June 1st, 2011

Earlier today Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner spoke with Luke Russert on MSNBC, and now Weiner continued his round of interviews with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. However, it remains up for debate whether Weiner’s interviews are adding fuel to the fire or helping him to extinguish the controversy.

Weiner reiterated his belief that his whole Twitter ordeal was nothing more than a prank and is definitely not a federal case. He attempted to laugh it off, saying “when you’re named Weiner, [jokes] happen a lot.” Yet Wolf was persistent with his questioning, asking Weiner specifically several times how he could not recognize whether the picture of a man in underwear actually was Weiner, and wondering about Weiner’s Twitter communication habits in general. Trying his best to deflect the awkward questioning, Weiner side-stepped confirming whether the photo was actually him, saying “photos can be manipulated” and again attempting to joke that “maybe Jon Stewart had it right unfortunately.”

Wolf however wasn’t eager to lighten the mood and wondered how Weiner could not know if it was his underpants? Weiner admitted the picture “doesn’t look familiar to me” and tried to switch the conversation back to the larger issue, that “these things happen” in today’s social media world, arguing “have I called the FBI because someone sent spam – no.” When Wolf started asking Weiner about specific people he follows on Twitter, including a stripper, Weiner declared “I’m not going to get into how I communicate with people on Twitter.” Instead, Weiner argued this type of investigation had “jumped the shark” when the national media is focusing so much attention on all of his Twitter followers.

(Excerpt) Read more at mediaite.com ...

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Barney Frank wants to investigate Weinergate  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Barney Frank wants to investigate Weinergate  ;D

Lmao.   So does Chad blacken Andre straw bay benny and lurker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   Bloggers & Personal
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

The Top 10 Weinergate Gaffes
The Looking Spoon ^ | 6-1-11 | Jared H. McAndersen
Posted on June 1, 2011 9:02:12 PM EDT by The Looking Spoon

He's starting to crack!

"You know, I can't say with certitude. My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated, pictures can be dropped in and inserted."

See the video at Real Clear Poltiics

----------

10. No way that's me...the underwear isn't loose enough.

9. Two magic words started this whole mess...."prove it."

8. This obsession with whether or not it's me in that picture is a complete distraction from the important issues, like it's attractiveness.

7. I cannot speak on this matter any further pending an investigation into whether or not Playgirl wants to see more.

6. If the picture was scratch and sniff, and smelled like Life-Savers, then you'd have me.

5. To all you right-wingers who think that bulge is mine...flattery will get you nowhere.

4. Whuteva, some gots hoes in different area codes, and I gots hags with different Twitter hashtags.

3. When I say you're an ass, you're an ass. I'm a Weiner...and I KNOW ASS when it's right in front of me.

2. I find it amazingly sexist that nobody is concerned about the 21 year old college boys I follow.

1. All further questions will now be directed to my legal council from the law firm of Gibson and Sheen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Weiner Tells Female Reporter, “I Was, If You Forgive Me, A Little Bit Stiff Yesterday”
http://weaselzippers.us/2011/06/01/weiner-mocks-scandal-tells-female-reporter-i-was-if-you-forgive-me-a-little-bit-stiff-yesterday/ ^
Posted on June 1, 2011 8:51:26 PM EDT by macquire

Analysis by me: THIS is a guy that is having problems in the bedroom::: Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) mocked his involvement in a Twitter photo scandal on Wednesday, telling a female reporter, “I was perhaps, if you forgive me, a little bit stiff yesterday.”

Emily Miller of The Washington Times asked Weiner on Capitol Hill: “Are there pictures out there of you half undressed?”

He responded: “You know, this is part of the problem with the way this has progressed and one of the reasons why I was perhaps, if you forgive me, a little bit stiff yesterday.”

(Excerpt) Read more at weaselzippers.us ...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If wiener has to step down, blacken will explode. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
" I deeply regret this incident and would like to first apologize to my wife, the people of the 9th district and my colleagues in Congress. My actions were reprehensible and display a serious lack of judgement. I therefore feel that I must step down from my position and resign from Congress.  I would ask that the members of the media please respect my privacy and that of my family at this time, thankyou."
3 days is my bet. Each statement and interview gets worse and we've all seen this play out dozens of times.

I haven't seen this quote

where did you find it?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

Lmao.   So does Chad blacken Andre straw bay benny and lurker.

LMAOOOOO

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
And FYI-- Straw did support the ball washing agenda. Pretty convenient that 6 months after the first thread on the topic was posted, you now challenge us to post the original quotation. There's a function on here that allows you to delete prior postings. But clearly you would never use it.

I'm sure that we can all take you at your word-- If any of us had as much free time as you do, we would spend 3 hours finding the original thread, sifting through every post, finding your post and then starting a new thread exposing the quotation.  ::)

Unfortunately, I don't live in the bay area-- therefore I have a job and a life that involves something besides the internet and ball washing.