Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 134305 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
" I deeply regret this incident and would like to first apologize to my wife, the people of the 9th district and my colleagues in Congress. My actions were reprehensible and display a serious lack of judgement. I therefore feel that I must step down from my position and resign from Congress.  I would ask that the members of the media please respect my privacy and that of my family at this time, thankyou."

3 days is my bet. Each statement and interview gets worse and we've all seen this play out dozens of times.

Yep.  Would not surprise me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I haven't seen this quote

where did you find it?

Bwahahahah!   ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

Typical mindless left wing stooge praising another mindless left wing stooge.

Got any newsworthy you tube clips on Bristol Palin's menstrual cycle?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Hahahahaha! 240 or Blacken can help you out there.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Mindless...wow.. thats strong...why must i be "Mindless".... why is that mindless.. because he asked a repub to stop bitching out and vote his feelings....If thats mindless. I guess the other guy is gutless..no?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Weiner: 'I Wish' The Pic Was Me
NewsBusters ^ | Mark Finkelstein
Posted on June 1, 2011 10:24:18 PM EDT by governsleastgovernsbest

How desperate is Anthony Weiner to deflect the potential scandal? So much so that he's willing to make jokes at the expense of his own manhood.

On MSNBC this evening, Weiner told Rachel Maddow "I wish" the infamous picture in question was of himself.

View video here.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Good grief.  How the heck did he get elected?  And did I hear someone clapping after that tirade?   ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Good grief.  How the heck did he get elected?  And did I hear someone clapping after that tirade?   ::)

He's a fucking caricature that has no business holding public office. Completely unprofessional. But after watching something like that, him sending cock pics to some random chick on twitter really doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
He's a fucking caricature that has no business holding public office. Completely unprofessional. But after watching something like that, him sending cock pics to some random chick on twitter really doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Agree.  To act the way he does on national TV and in a special place like the State Capitol means he has a lack of self control and poor judgment.  Exactly what is required to send those pictures to some woman (while he is married). 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
And FYI-- Straw did support the ball washing agendaPretty convenient that 6 months after the first thread on the topic was posted, you now challenge us to post the original quotation..  There's a function on here that allows you to delete prior postings. But clearly you would never use it.

I'm sure that we can all take you at your word-- If any of us had as much free time as you do, we would spend 3 hours finding the original thread, sifting through every post, finding your post and then starting a new thread exposing the quotation.  ::)

Unfortunately, I don't live in the bay area-- therefore I have a job and a life that involves something besides the internet and ball washing.

What's so "challenging" about it?

333 started the thread about it on Sept 10, 2010

Here's the link:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=348209.0

Show us the quote

Of course you can't because you're a liar

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
" I deeply regret this incident and would like to first apologize to my wife, the people of the 9th district and my colleagues in Congress. My actions were reprehensible and display a serious lack of judgement. I therefore feel that I must step down from my position and resign from Congress.  I would ask that the members of the media please respect my privacy and that of my family at this time, thankyou."
3 days is my bet. Each statement and interview gets worse and we've all seen this play out dozens of times.

source?

or is this just made up too?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

i would.. under the circumstances.. trying to get medical aid for the 911 first responders...i think its pretty serious

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Rep. Anthony Weiner says he won't talk about his Twitter pic (Again Weiner clams up)
NY Post ^ | June 2, 2011

He's keeping his lips zipped.

Weasily Rep. Anthony Weiner said this morning he won't talk about his bulging crotch any longer.

"Today, I'm going to have to go to work," he said outside his DC office.

Weiner said he'd spent "11 hours" on Wednesday answering questions about his Twitter account and reiterated that the crotch photo that appeared on his feed had been the work of a hacker.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The CTer in me calls inside job :)

Weiner's job is safe, and this is something to laugh about.

BUT what did it pull off the headlines yesterday that the dems didn't want us to notice?  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The CTer in me calls inside job :)

Weiner's job is safe, and this is something to laugh about.

BUT what did it pull off the headlines yesterday that the dems didn't want us to notice?  ;)

As long as it keeps him from mayor of NYC - im cool with it.   

The last thing we can afford here is David Dinkins redux.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
As long as it keeps him from mayor of NYC - im cool with it.   

your taste in mayors sucks :)

remember you saying you'd vote bloomberg for president?

he endorsed obama for prez- then endorsed obama's economic plan.  he invited AZ illegals to hide in NY, and he's anti-gun to boot!

weiner might be LESS liberal than that!  hahahahah

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Straw you have a lot of experience in the genital washing of strangers.

Can you provide any insight as to whether the alleged picture in question is of Congressman Weiner?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
your taste in mayors sucks :)

remember you saying you'd vote bloomberg for president?

he endorsed obama for prez- then endorsed obama's economic plan.  he invited AZ illegals to hide in NY, and he's anti-gun to boot!

weiner might be LESS liberal than that!  hahahahah

Do you live here?   In fact, have you ever even been here?    No.  

Guiliani and bloomberg have both been good mayors.  

Anyone who lived here under David Dinkins remembers the horror show he was.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Can you provide any insight as to whether the alleged picture in question is of Congressman Weiner?

;D  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Guiliani and bloomberg have both been good mayors.   

Wow.  Bloomberg invited illegals from AZ to sneak to NY.  He said you guys have plenty of resources for them, healthcare and welfare.

Sounds like a really "great mayor" to invite a bunch of illegal dirtbags to stink up your state.  Those same illegals you complain about - Bloomy INVITED them.  Sheesh.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

once again you're confusing me with yourself

here's the link again:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=348209.0

you're already a well known racist and certified moron

being a proven liar is probably a step up for you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Weinergate: Weiner's Wiener Continues To Make A Mess
Gothamist ^ | 6/02/11

Weinergate: Weiner's Wiener Continues To Make A Mess

**SNIP**

As for why Weiner hasn't gotten the police involved, he told reporters that he doesn't want to "make a federal case" out of it, which is why he hired private law firm, Baker & Hostetler, to look into it.

But some doubt Weiner's excuse. On NY1 last night former mayor Ed Koch pointed out that "You do commit a crime if you give false information to the police and report a crime when a crime didn't take place. I think he's in trouble...I think he has a problem."

With Weiner seemingly not letting it all out for the media, the media has already turned his attention to the politician's political prospects. While locally only the Post seems to be actively worried about Weiner's prospects of staying in Congress in 2012, there does seem to be some real concern about what this will mean for his chances of moving into Gracie Mansion in 2013. Hank Sheinkopf, a New York-based Democratic consultant, argues in the Washington Post that this could be a real irritant for him. “Sex wakes everyone but the dead,” he said. “This is a major story in New York City. No answered questions [and] no resolution equals more scandal, more sex, and a wounded Weiner.”

Meanwhile, even Jon Stewart, who came to his friend Weiner's defense on Tuesday night, couldn't help but have fun with the story on last night's Daily Show:

(Excerpt) Read more at gothamist.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
distraction :)

what kind of BS legislation is obama pushing behind the scenes this week?  This "weinergate" is just TOO watercooler friendly.

like, weiner gets some cushy appointment next year cause he's the fall guy for this silly ass 'scandal'. 

or am I just too paranoid CTer?  LOL!