Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 134515 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Blackens hero is done. 

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving douche bag.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Weiner’s Office Calls Police After CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer Asks For An Interview
Embattled Congressman: I'm Done Talking About Lewd Picture On Twitter
June 2, 2011 11:53 PM
Reporting Marcia Kramer

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/02/weiner-says-hes-done-talking-about-twitter-photo-time-to-get-back-to-work

(CBSNewYork) — Congressman Anthony Weiner said Thursday he’s finished talking about the lewd photo sent from his Twitter account.

But he still wouldn’t say whether he’s the one in the picture.

So CBS 2 political reporter Marcia Kramer decided to go to his office on Capitol Hill to try to get you some answers.

You’ll never believe what happened.

Kramer tried to get an interview with the six-term New York Democrat and as a result had the cops called on her.

Kramer walked in to Weiner’s office, announced herself as being from CBS 2 in New York City and said she’d like to see the congressman. Those few words created quite the stir. Doors slammed and people pretended she wasn’t there.

Finally, brave press secretary David Arnold arrived. The following is the exchange Kramer had with him:

Kramer: “All I want is for him to say something to his constituents, the people who have to vote for him.”

Arnold: “I don’t think you can say he hasn’t said anything to his constituents. He spoke for nine hours yesterday.

Kramer: “But not to anyone in New York. You know, this is the sort of in-the-bunker in the capitol, not to anyone in New York.”

After Kramer left Weiner’s office, his staff called the Capitol Police.

Police officers asked for identification. One cop told Kramer that if she went into Weiner’s office and didn’t leave if she was asked, she could be arrested.

“If you go to an office and are asked to leave, you can be placed under arrest,” Officer Michael Miller said.

Kramer responded, “But I wasn’t refusing to leave.”

Kramer was never asked to leave Weiner’s office, but the fact that the cops were called is a clear sign that the stress of this so-called “Weinergate” controversy is taking its toll. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor became the first member of House leadership to go after Weiner.

“I think the American people are sick of seeing their elected officials tied up in scandals like this. My advice would be to come clean and clear it up. Perhaps he’s trying, but I know there’s a lot of explaining going on, without a lot of clarity,” Cantor said.

Weiner, himself, had little to say Thursday.

“Today I’m going to have to head back to work doing a job I’m paid to do,” he said.

He refused to answer any questions and walked back into his office.

The Congressman adamantly denies tweeting a suggestive photo of a man in grey underwear to a 21-year-old woman, but was far less clear about the photo’s origin when pressed by CBS congressional correspondent Nancy Cordes.

Cordes: “Congressman, I think the main question people are asking is, was that a picture of you?”

Weiner: “Well the main question that a lot of people are asking is did I send the photograph. I did not, this was a prank, a hoax.”

Cordes: “So it sounds like it was a photo of you.”

Weiner: “Well we’re going to try to find out exactly what happened.”

Weiner is also dodging questions about why he followed the Washington State College student on Twitter, along with a bevy of other young women, refusing to answer reporters’ questions about whether he ever sent her private messages.

“Look, I’m not going to get into how I communicate with people on social media,” he said. “Did I send someone a note that says, ‘thank you for following me, tune in for the future.’ I don’t want to open the door to that.”

He said whatever the communication, none of it was inappropriate. But he’s stopped short of calling for an investigation.

On The Early Show Thursday, CBS news legal analyst Jack Ford, said the congressman may have a good reason for not involving authorities.

“It’s not against the law to lie to the media. It’s not against the law to lie to constituents. It is against the law to lie to law enforcement,” said Ford. “So if I’m a lawyer on a case like this, I’m going to be real careful before I let my client talk to law enforcement.”

Another expert told Kramer the ongoing questions could hurt his political ambitions.

“This is something that is not going to go away. It is part of his legacy whether he likes it or not,” said crisis management guru Richard Auletta of Auletta & Assoc.

If Weiner thinks this is going away anytime soon, he’s got another thing coming. There were dozens of journalists on permanent stakeout outside his door all day.

The damage to Weiner’s political future is yet to be determined.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
bahahaha - when did you get so sensitive

I've noticed the change in him, too.  Usually, he is not this bitter until a couple months before the national election. At this rate, his posts - in a year from now - should be hilarious !
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Wiener is done.  He's lying his ass off about this. 

Fifteen different stories not one of which is remotely plausible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Weiner Pulls Out Of Wasserman-Shulz's DNC Event in Wisconsin
JS Online ^

Posted on Friday, June 03, 2011

U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) has canceled his speaking appearance at the state Democratic Convention on Friday night in Milwaukee.

Graeme Zielinski, party spokesman, confirmed the cancellation and said the decision was Weiner's, and that the party's invitation to him was still good.

"It's understandable, considering what's going on," Zielinski added.

(...)

(Excerpt) Read more at jsonline.com ...

________________________ __-

LMAO at the headline.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Weiner Pulls Out Of Wasserman-Shulz's DNC Event in Wisconsin
JS Online ^

Posted on Friday, June 03, 2011

U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) has canceled his speaking appearance at the state Democratic Convention on Friday night in Milwaukee.

Graeme Zielinski, party spokesman, confirmed the cancellation and said the decision was Weiner's, and that the party's invitation to him was still good.

"It's understandable, considering what's going on," Zielinski added.

(...)

(Excerpt) Read more at jsonline.com ...

________________________ __-

LMAO at the headline.   

lol   ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Ok, If I'm wrong, I'll own it... I'm just having a real hard time buying this.  If you send out something on twitter, you know you're sending it out to everyone.  We've watched many scandals unfold over the years but this has to be the first where the accused actually let everyone know right as it was happening.

I'm not a fan of this guy, I'm just unsure of this as the facts are stated.

And lol, looking into this I've found many sites and opinions that it would be hard or unthinkable to hack a twitter account ::)  Ok, regardless of the above, lol at the fucking morons out there that think hacking twitter or any other account is unthinkable... lol...  

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Honestly if he says it's not him, it's not him.  Accounts get hacked all the time, without a head shot or conclusive proof otherwise it's speculation and tabloid fodder.
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
It's so obvious this guy is lying it's pathetic.  Who the heck doesn't know if they took a picture in their drawers? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Honestly if he says it's not him, it's not him.  Accounts get hacked all the time, without a head shot or conclusive proof otherwise it's speculation and tabloid fodder.

He has not said its not him.   It is him.   His entire story is bullshit.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why the hell was this moved to the CT board?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

It certainly is.  It's obvious this guy is lying it's pathetic.  Who the heck doesn't know if they took a picture of their drawers?

kcballer

• Getbig V

Has he said it was him?  I didn't think he answered either way.  Benefit of the doubt goes to him.  Until he answers it's nothing but a theory that is unproven and easily disproved.  
Abandon every hope...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Why the hell was this moved to the CT board?
He's accusing the guy of lying.  He has no proof, he has a CT that he's covering up :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Has he said it was him?  I didn't think he answered either way.  Benefit of the doubt goes to him.  Until he answers it's nothing but a theory that is unproven and easily disproved.  

Yeah ok KC.   Whatever.   Believe what you want.   It either is or is not.   And if it was not him and his account was truly breached, he would ask for FBI investigation.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Actually he refused to rule out that it was his picture.  That's pretty much an admission.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
He's just worried about offending his Islamic fundamentalist in-laws - awesome that his wife has access to Hillary's drawers.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Just curious, how many here think it would be really hard to hack a twitter account?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Just curious, how many here think it would be really hard to hack a twitter account?

Not hard - but if it was hcked why is he not askingfor an FBI investigation and saying the picture is not him? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Is it hard to do?

I have no idea

kcballer

• Getbig V
Actually he refused to rule out that it was his picture.  That's pretty much an admission.

So he didn't say yes or no?  A no comment is not an admission of guilt.  Until he says it was me then it's speculation.  
Abandon every hope...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

doesn't look too hard.

http://how-to-hack-twitter-accounts.angelfire.com/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
doesn't look too hard.

http://how-to-hack-twitter-accounts.angelfire.com/

and if his account was hacked as he claims: 

1.  Why not ask for an investigation as to who did it?

2.  Say yes or no if the picture was him or not? 

His entire story is utter bullshit.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
and if his account was hacked as he claims: 

1.  Why not ask for an investigation as to who did it?

2.  Say yes or no if the picture was him or not? 

His entire story is utter bullshit.   

Because hes a dem huh

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Because hes a dem huh

No, because is is lying sack of shit as always.   Even fellow dems are realizing how utterly ridiculous his lies are on this so far.