Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 134518 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rep. Anthony Weiner ADMITS lewd Twitter photo was him (WienerGate)
« Reply #525 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:57 PM »
I think you're a buffoon.

That's o.k.  Take a number.  lol.  I'm not exactly blown away by your intellect.  :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #526 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
That's o.k.  Take a number.  lol.  I'm not exactly blown away by your intellect.  :)

Good, then we view each other quite similarly, Gladys.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: June 07, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
Good, then we view each other quite similarly, Gladys.

Not really.  :)   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #528 on: June 07, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
Not really.  :)   

Probably... I most likely think you're a much bigger douchebag on the regular.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »
Probably... I most likely think you're a much bigger douchebag on the regular.

Nah.  lol 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: June 07, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »
Top GOPer: Weiner should resign
By: CNN Associate Producer Gabriella Schwarz

(CNN) - Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus called for the resignation of Rep. Anthony Weiner Tuesday, becoming the first major official to urge on Weiner to leave office.

"Congressman Weiner's actions and deception are unacceptable and he should resign," Priebus said in a statement. "We do not need an investigation to know he lied and acted inappropriately, we need a resignation."

The Democratic New York congressman admitted Monday to carrying on inappropriate relationships with several women he met online, after saying he did not post a lewd picture on his Twitter account last week.

Democratic Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi called for a Congressional ethics investigation shortly after Weiner's press conference at which he said he would not resign his Congressional seat.

Priebus said Pelosi and Democratic National Committee Chairman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz either "believe members of Congress are held to a different set of standards or they believe these actions demand his resignation."

The National Republican Congressional Committee started their own campaign Tuesday, urging Democrats who received donations from Weiner to return the campaign money.

There was no direct response from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee but DCCC Chairman Rep. Steve Israel issued a statement in support of Pelosi's call Monday.

"Congressman Anthony Weiner engaged in a deep personal failure and inappropriate behavior that embarrassed himself, his family and the House," Israel said in a statement. "Ultimately, Anthony and his constituents will make a judgment about this failure."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/07/top-goper-weiner-should-resign/#more-162333

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: June 07, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »
Senate Leader Throws Weiner Under Bus
by Trish Turner | June 07, 2011

In an ominous sign for Rep. Anthony Weiner, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid refused to offer his support for the seven-term New York Democrat who is now embroiled in a digital sex scandal and is the subject of an ethics investigation formally requested by House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday.

"I know Congressman Weiner. I wish I could defend him, but I cannot," Reid told reporters.

The Nevada Democrat sidestepped direct questions about whether or not the congressman should resign, but the message was clear. "I'm not here to defend Weiner," Reid said, stone-faced.

Rep. Weiner has received very little public support since divulging on Monday that he had sent lewd pictures to and engaged in sexually-explicit messaging with at least six women, though his mentor and former boss, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-NY, is standing by his side.

"I am deeply pained and saddened by today's news. By fully explaining himself, apologizing to all he hurt and taking full responsibility for his wrongful actions, Anthony did the right thing. He remains a talented and committed public servant, and I pray he and his family can get through these difficult times," Schumer said in a statement released by his office Monday night.

But the lack of support from his colleagues, otherwise, is significant. The bombastic New York congressman is known for his hard-charging style, winning him few friends on Capitol Hill, a fact that could prove fatal as the scandal remains in the headlines. Democrats know it is a distraction from their agenda.

And Reid made it clear he has no interest in helping the embattled lawmaker. The coup de grace came when the Senate leader was asked if Weiner were to call for some advice, what would Reid say.  "Call somebody else."

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/06/07/senate-leader-throws-weiner-under-bus

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #532 on: June 07, 2011, 03:25:32 PM »
They are afraid of the foley effect.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
The Democrat party needs to force this guy out immediately.  There is probably going to be a drip of new info coming out for days or weeks.  

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #534 on: June 07, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »
 Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-NY, is standing by his side.

Well, that fucking figures. If theres an equal piece of trash its Schumer. He gets boners just thinking about ways he can make the average Americans life more miserable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: June 07, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-NY, is standing by his side.

Well, that fucking figures. If theres an equal piece of trash its Schumer. He gets boners just thinking about ways he can make the average Americans life more miserable.

Shocking.   ::)  He's a hack.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #536 on: June 07, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »
Top GOPer: Weiner should resign
By: CNN Associate Producer Gabriella Schwarz

(CNN) - Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus called for the resignation of Rep. Anthony Weiner Tuesday, becoming the first major official to urge on Weiner to leave office.

"Congressman Weiner's actions and deception are unacceptable and he should resign," Priebus said in a statement. "We do not need an investigation to know he lied and acted inappropriately, we need a resignation."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/07/top-goper-weiner-should-resign/#more-162333

A Repub thinks Weiner should resign?

what a suprise

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #537 on: June 07, 2011, 04:02:53 PM »
A Repub thinks Weiner should resign?

what a suprise

A moronic far-lefty thinks he shouldn't.

What a suRprise.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #538 on: June 07, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »

What a suRprise.

my opinion on the matter is about as relevent as Reince Priebus

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #539 on: June 07, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #540 on: June 07, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »

What a suRprise.

lol.

If he doesn't quit, I think the voters will decide the matter before the ethics committe gets around to it.  The EC takes forever.  Now, if he used government property for this shit, it might get them moving a little faster (like 3 yrs instead of 5 or something - ha).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #541 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:11 PM »

Ah, a Republican Wet Dream.

This is the horniest Republicans have been since Ronald Reagan was spotted chopping wood in a Lumberjack shirt.  Good Stuff.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #542 on: June 07, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »
And your performance in Merlin was mediocre at best, good thing didn't need to spend much time on makeup

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: June 07, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
X-RATED WEINER TRANSCRIPTS RELEASED, PLANNED VEGAS RENDEZVOUS, SHOCKING DETAILS…
FoxNation.com ^ | June 7 | Staff
Posted on June 7, 2011 5:29:21 PM EDT by JesseWatters

Wait until the wife reads this! Just when you didn't think it could get worse, new X-rated text messages were made public today where Rep. Anthony Weiner got down and dirty with one of the women he had befriended on Facebook -- even telling her that he was prepared to travel to Nevada to bed her. In a series of dirty chat messages dating back to Sept. 17, 2010, the kinky Weiner wrote to 40-year-old Lisa Weiss -- a Nevada blackjack dealer who went back and forth with Weiner on Facebook for more than a year -- that he was interested in meeting her.

(Excerpt) Read more at nation.foxnews.com ...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #544 on: June 07, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »
X-RATED WEINER TRANSCRIPTS RELEASED, PLANNED VEGAS RENDEZVOUS, SHOCKING DETAILS…
FoxNation.com ^ | June 7 | Staff
Posted on June 7, 2011 5:29:21 PM EDT by JesseWatters

Wait until the wife reads this! Just when you didn't think it could get worse, new X-rated text messages were made public today where Rep. Anthony Weiner got down and dirty with one of the women he had befriended on Facebook -- even telling her that he was prepared to travel to Nevada to bed her. In a series of dirty chat messages dating back to Sept. 17, 2010, the kinky Weiner wrote to 40-year-old Lisa Weiss -- a Nevada blackjack dealer who went back and forth with Weiner on Facebook for more than a year -- that he was interested in meeting her.

(Excerpt) Read more at nation.foxnews.com ...

I hope this never ends for Republicans.  They are finally fulfilling all of their sexual fantasies.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #545 on: June 07, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »
Hahaha, the Dems are cannibalizing their own now.

Top Dem Aides Say Pelosi And Other Top Democrats “Furious” With Weiner, Pressuring Him To Resign

(Washington Examiner) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and other top Democrats are “furious” with Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., and are stepping up the pressure for him to quit by calling for an ethics investigation, aides said Tuesday.

Weiner has refused to resign after admitting that he sent “inappropriate” messages and photographs of himself to a half-dozen women via social networking sites.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., called on Weiner to resign. But Pelosi stopped short of such a demand, instead firing off a written request to the ethics committee to “determine whether the Rules of the House of Representatives have been violated” by Weiner.

Weiner said he did not use government technology to send lewd photos and sexual messages to female Twitter followers, but at least one of his online paramours said she believes the two held phone trysts while he was in his congressional office. Many of Weiner's messages occurred during busy congressional sessions.

"The leadership is furious with how Weiner handled this," a senior Democratic aide said. "The letter by Pelosi today certainly adds pressure for him to go."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/06/democrats-pressuring-weiner-quit?utm_source=feedburner+BeltwayConfidential&utm_medium=feed+Beltway+Confidential&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BeltwayConfidential+%28Beltway+Confidential%29feed&utm_content=feed&utm_term=feed

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: June 07, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
Wiener will be an albatross if he stays. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #547 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
Does Weiner remind anyone else of Chad Mower?

That morphed picture where Mowers head looks like a cock is a mirror image of Weiner (no pun intended).

Either that, or a woman with very masculine features who resembles something between a witch and pre-op transsexual.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
" I deeply regret this incident and would like to first apologize to my wife, the people of the 9th district and my colleagues in Congress. My actions were reprehensible and display a serious lack of judgement. I therefore feel that I must step down from my position and resign from Congress.  I would ask that the members of the media please respect my privacy and that of my family at this time, thankyou."

3 days is my bet. Each statement and interview gets worse and we've all seen this play out dozens of times.

LOL!! Headhuntersix is a prophet.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: June 08, 2011, 04:22:13 AM »
I hope he stays.