Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 134202 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Hang in there and stay!
« Reply #825 on: June 13, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »
This is getting interesting, the flood gates are opening up on this assclown

He is the typical far left white latte lib pofs who wants o run your life but cant run his own. 

Seeing this progressive icon go down in flames has been awesome.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #826 on: June 13, 2011, 12:29:25 PM »
New Weiner scandal: license plate fraud?
Hotair ^ | June 13, 2011 | Ed Morrissey

________________________ ________________________ ___-

The one thing we can’t say with certitude is that Anthony Weiner has been registering his vehicles with the DMV. The New York Daily News did a little investigating after seeing expired tags on his Nissan Pathfinder, and discovered that not only has the car not been registered, but the plates on them belong to a different car (via JWF):

When Weiner (D-Queens, Brooklyn) was photographed by the Daily News fleeing the Capitol in his Nissan Pathfinder, it was clear the July 2007 registration sticker in his window was expired, and there was no inspection sticker to be seen. Weiner, through a staffer, said the 1988 Nissan Pathfinder was registered in New York State.

Not so, said the state Department of Motor Vehicles.

The New York license plate bolted on Weiner’s Pathfinder - US Congress 9 – had expired as of 2006, according to the DMV.

“That license plate should not be on a car,” a DMV spokeswoman said. It wasn’t even issued to the Pathfinder, but to another one of Weiner’s cars, a Honda, according to vehicle records.

As abuses of power go, this one is decidedly tamer than the scandal surrounding Weiner the last couple of weeks. Still, as one investigator told the NYDN, swapping plates is something one would normally expect of a criminal, not a member of Congress. Or is that a redundancy?

This new peek into Weiner’s approach to responsibility may lend itself less to double entendres and hilarious jokes, but it may also be more revealing. Until now, Weiner earned $174,000 in annual salary as a Congressman. His wife earns almost the same amount working for Hillary Clinton, putting their combined household income at a figure exceeding $325,000 per year. Weiner has agitated for higher taxes and more government regulation, but has apparently evaded his responsibility to pay for fees owed the state of New York for the last four years — even switching plates to save himself a few hundred dollars.

If that’s less sexy than Weiner’s social-networking scandal (in all senses of the word), it speaks more directly to a ruling-clique sensibility and utter hypocrisy.

________________________ ____-

Culture of corruption. 
::)

I can`t even remember the last time I registered one of my automobiles or did an inspection etc... I DO NOT agree with the fees associated therefore I do not partake in them.

IF you weren`t such a spineless coward, you may do the same or champion something of the sort.  Wiener knows that these fees are bullshit and I am glad he does the exact same thing as I do.

Republicans are whining doofuses who just love taxes and penalization and bureaucracy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #827 on: June 13, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
Ha ha ha ha !!!!!!

You think a law maker should break laws because he doesnt feel like following them? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #828 on: June 13, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
Ha ha ha ha !!!!!!

You think a law maker should break laws because he doesnt feel like following them? 
Depends on the law and in this case, everyone should rebel against it as it serves no purpose.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #829 on: June 13, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »
Depends on the law and in this case, everyone should rebel against it as it serves no purpose.

And what if I feel the law on murder makes no sense and serves no purpose, come to your home, and shoot you in the head?  Is that ok?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #830 on: June 13, 2011, 12:39:32 PM »
And what if I feel the law on murder makes no sense and serves no purpose, come to your home, and shoot you in the head?  Is that ok?
As I stated, it depends on the law.  Not all laws are equal and certainly those protecting life and liberty should be upheld.

Murdering someone is not the same as not paying for your car to be registered.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #831 on: June 13, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »
As I stated, it depends on the law.  Not all laws are equal and certainly those protecting life and liberty should be upheld.

Murdering someone is not the same as not paying for your car to be registered.

The requirement in NYS is to register your car.   Period.  He does not have the choice whether or not to follow that? 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #832 on: June 13, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »
Dude sent pics of his schlong.  So What.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #833 on: June 13, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
The requirement in NYS is to register your car.   Period.  He does not have the choice whether or not to follow that? 
Of course you do.  Why don`t you grow a spine and stop registering your car?  All talk and no action. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: June 13, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »
Of course you do.  Why don`t you grow a spine and stop registering your car?  All talk and no action. 

Because I don't want my car impounded and trashed by the animals at the city lot.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #835 on: June 13, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »
I heard an interesting idea today......

Weiner doesn't owe anything to the legal system - he probably broke no laws (you have the 17 yr old tweet, but she lied about age?)  He wasn't hiring hookers, so no charges to deal with.

Weiner doesn't owe anything to the media.  

Weiner doesn't owe anything to other dems, except his appointments to committees, which they can take.

Weiner DOES owe it to his constituents.  SO, he should resign... then run for re-election in the special election and let the ppl of NY decide if he deserves the job.

Let Pelosi, CNN, and everyone else leave it up to the people he actuvally advocates for - his constituents.  I wonder what polls would show there - "Would you vote weiner back into office?"  If marion barry can smoke crack and win his job back, I'm betting weiner stays.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #836 on: June 13, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
I agree- I hope he stays.   

Obama-wiener-pelosi-frank-wasserman shultz - 2012! 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: June 13, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »
I heard an interesting idea today......

Weiner doesn't owe anything to the legal system - he probably broke no laws (you have the 17 yr old tweet, but she lied about age?)  He wasn't hiring hookers, so no charges to deal with.

Weiner doesn't owe anything to the media.  

Weiner doesn't owe anything to other dems, except his appointments to committees, which they can take.

Weiner DOES owe it to his constituents.  SO, he should resign... then run for re-election in the special election and let the ppl of NY decide if he deserves the job.

Let Pelosi, CNN, and everyone else leave it up to the people he actuvally advocates for - his constituents.  I wonder what polls would show there - "Would you vote weiner back into office?"  If marion barry can smoke crack and win his job back, I'm betting weiner stays.
His constituents have already been polled and they want him to stay,

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: June 13, 2011, 03:31:41 PM »

Interesting.

So the people complaining he should complain - they are outside his representation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #839 on: June 13, 2011, 03:32:25 PM »

Yes!!!!  Stay Wiener!      Obama-Wiener-Wasserman Shultz - Frank 2012!  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #840 on: June 13, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »
Absolutely ridiculous.  He holds a federal office and makes decisions that affect the entire country.  Of course the public (outside of his district) should have input on whether he stays in office.  

I don't see how he survives this.  I heard a commentator say this is different than some other scandals, because it has the "ick" factor.  I agree.  (no homo)

I also agree with Breitbart that someone like him is susceptible to blackmail.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #841 on: June 13, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »
Absolutely ridiculous.  He holds a federal office and makes decisions that affect the entire country.  Of course the public (outside of his district) should have input on whether he stays in office. 

I don't see how he survives this.  I heard a commentator say this is different than some other scandals, because it has the "ick" factor.  I agree.  (no homo)

I also agree with Breitbart that someone like him is susceptible to blackmail.   

I think weiner should go - if vitter should go.

Do you think vitter should resign, BB?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2011, 03:46:35 PM »
I think weiner should go - if vitter should go.

Do you think vitter should resign, BB?

Do I think Vitter needs to resign for using a prostitute before he was elected U.S. Senator?  Not necessarily. 

What does that have to do with Weiner? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #843 on: June 13, 2011, 03:50:50 PM »
Do I think Vitter needs to resign for using a prostitute before he was elected U.S. Senator?  Not necessarily. 

I see.  So he wore diapers and banged hookers... that's a man with perfectly sound judgment?  LOL! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #844 on: June 13, 2011, 03:52:24 PM »
I see.  So he wore diapers and banged hookers... that's a man with perfectly sound judgment?  LOL! 

::)  What does Vitter have to do with Weiner? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: June 13, 2011, 03:56:16 PM »

they have different names?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
they have different names?

Engaged in different conduct, with different people, one while a sitting U.S. Congressman, and one while a private citizen? 

And only one of them is currently being flogged for showing his weiner to strange women (while married). 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #847 on: June 13, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »
Dude sent pics of his schlong.  So What.

look on Adultfriendfinder....mil lions of dudes post their dic pics..
and you should see some of the females' pics.....breasts galore!
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #848 on: June 13, 2011, 04:25:53 PM »
Engaged in different conduct, with different people, one while a sitting U.S. Congressman, and one while a private citizen? 

And only one of them is currently being flogged for showing his weiner to strange women (while married). 
flirtatious messages and no action vs. conduct most consider way worse.  It's not like it's new that politicians are held accountable for past actions/conduct.  All of a sudden you want to make it an area of no concern... lol... 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #849 on: June 13, 2011, 05:38:50 PM »
flirtatious messages and no action vs. conduct most consider way worse.  It's not like it's new that politicians are held accountable for past actions/conduct.  All of a sudden you want to make it an area of no concern... lol... 

I don't think what Vitter did more than four years ago has anything to do with WeinerGate, unless you're trying to make some moral equivalency argument. 

I think public officials should be held to a higher standard.  In no way, shape, or form should we accept a public official who sends pictures of his junk to strange women, takes pictures of himself naked in the Congressional gym and sends them to strange women, and takes pictures holding his junk and sends them to strange women, while married.  It's really a no brainer . . . if we have high standards for our political leaders.