Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 134351 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Hang in there and stay!
« Reply #875 on: June 13, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
I have mostly construction clients, not likely.   Ha ha ha. 
Considering you're from NY, you sure are innocent to what goes on here in America and where it goes on.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #876 on: June 13, 2011, 08:25:50 PM »
Considering you're from NY, you sure are innocent to what goes on here in America and where it goes on.

I'm a street guy.  I know a lot, but what goes on west of the Hudson river is a fog to me. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #877 on: June 13, 2011, 08:48:05 PM »

I'm a street guy.  I know a lot, but what goes on west of the Hudson river is a fog to me. 
And south as well.  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #878 on: June 13, 2011, 08:50:01 PM »

I doubt you would lose business for having a semi under a towel pic on the net.  Would they really give a shit?  You really think?  and lol, construction fellas or not, you might get extra business lol....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #879 on: June 13, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »
And south as well.  ;)

True.    I wouldn't know grit from a racoon stew if you put a gun to my head.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #880 on: June 13, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »
I doubt you would lose business for having a semi under a towel pic on the net.  Would they really give a shit?  You really think?  and lol, construction fellas or not, you might get extra business lol....

My clients are 99% street goombahs w contracting businesses.   Think Tony soprano. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #881 on: June 13, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »
No ,   You probably don't get that next big deal when a prospective client checks you out. 

The last time I hired a contractor, I didn't do a search on the Internet to see if they had exposed themselves or engaged in sexually charged chats on Twitter, etc. What was I thinking???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #882 on: June 13, 2011, 09:01:34 PM »
My clients are 99% street goombahs w contracting businesses.   Think Tony soprano. 
Do you care who pays you?  If you lose 4 and gain 6 would you complain?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #883 on: June 13, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
True.    I wouldn't know grit from a racoon stew if you put a gun to my head.  

Are you saying you don't know carbs from protein?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #884 on: June 13, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »
The last time I hired a contractor, I didn't do a search on the Internet to see if they had exposed themselves or engaged in sexually charged chats on Twitter, etc. What was I thinking???

Maybe you should have.   I have plumber clients who do extensive searches before allowing others into a customers home.    Imagine you hire a rapist.   Don't do even a cursory check.  Guy goes in the house and rapes the wife.     Guess what happens?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #885 on: June 13, 2011, 09:07:18 PM »
Do you care who pays you?  If you lose 4 and gain 6 would you complain?

I won't know the guy who doesn't hire me cause he sees me w my cock in a towel in front of the squat rack.   Could be a huge client.  Never know. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #886 on: June 13, 2011, 09:07:38 PM »
Someone call up Howard Stern and let him know that shocking, blunt, silly and absurd won't make money in NY...  3333, you could probably put your semi-undie pick on a billboard in NY and triple your business lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #887 on: June 13, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »
Someone call up Howard Stern and let him know that shocking, blunt, silly and absurd won't make money in NY...  3333, you could probably put your semi-undie pick on a billboard in NY and triple your business lol...

Not in my line of work.   I need to not have such Tom foolery able to be used against me. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #888 on: June 13, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Student who got tweet says Weiner 'should resign'
seattletimes ^ | 6-13-11 | Wong
Posted on June 14, 2011 12:21:40 AM EDT by doug from upland

By Seattle Times staff and wire services

The 21-year-old Washington college student who received the Twitter photo of Rep. Anthony Weiner's bulging underpants in late May tweeted Monday that she believes he should resign.

Gennette Cordova, the student at Bellingham's Whatcom Community College, tweeted from what is believed to be her account:

"I personally don't think what he did is all that bad and I think the media's preoccupation with this story is a little absurd ... having said that, I think he should resign."

She also tweeted that she thinks that Weiner is a "great politician" and she doesn't believe that politicians should be "judged so heavily on their private lives (for the most part)."

"But like I said, this has become insurmountable. I don't see any other way," another tweet said.

(Excerpt) Read more at seattletimes.nwsource.co m ...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #889 on: June 13, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
Society imposes its "morality" on others all the time.  

But this isn't a moral issue.  It's about good judgment, common sense, and a compromised public official.  I don't need to be sin free to expect my public officials to not act like an undisciplined teenaged boy.  Abusrd.  No one is "free of any sins."   ::)

And chances are, if you did what he did, no one would care. Ever noticed all the people who run unopposed for entry level political positions? It is getting so no one in their right mind would ever become a elected politician. Hey, maybe this explains why more and more folks in public office lately are clearly out of the minds.

Remember it is the public who elects these folks.

Don't misunderstand me, I think he should resign because he has rendered himself, by his actions, ineffective and liar. For me (not that politicians never lie) the lying part is the worst of his actions. Once someone lies to me and I find out, I have a hard time ever trusting them agaEven thoughough I didn't know Weiner from Adam before tjuicyjucy stuff came out, he's managed to lose my trust and respect completely.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #890 on: June 13, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
lol.  Tell me about it.  How dare I expect a taxpayer funded employee to not act like a dog in heat. 

In truth, Weiner is an elected politician, not an employee. However, our taxes do pay his and all other politician's salary. Perhaps as "employers" we should be more selective in who we elect.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #891 on: June 13, 2011, 09:21:19 PM »
Not in my line of work.   I need to not have such Tom foolery able to be used against me. 
Used against you?  How?  You mean like the collection agency a block over is going to take out ads mocking your undie pics? lol...

What was Mark Wahlberg thinking back in the day lol....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #892 on: June 13, 2011, 09:26:11 PM »
And chances are, if you did what he did, no one would care. Ever noticed all the people who run unopposed for entry level political positions? It is getting so no one in their right mind would ever become a elected politician. Hey, maybe this explains why more and more folks in public office lately are clearly out of the minds.

Remember it is the public who elects these folks.

Don't misunderstand me, I think he should resign because he has rendered himself, by his actions, ineffective and liar. For me (not that politicians never lie) the lying part is the worst of his actions. Once someone lies to me and I find out, I have a hard time ever trusting them agaEven thoughough I didn't know Weiner from Adam before tjuicyjucy stuff came out, he's managed to lose my trust and respect completely.

But I'm not him.  I'm not a member of the House of Representatives.  Not a very good comparison.  

I have noticed that we have trouble getting good people to run for public office.  I don't blame them for not running.  Who wants to have their life turned upside down?  Who wants to be relentlessly attacked, on both a personal and professional level?  

That's not what's happening here.  This isn't someone being unfairly attacked.  The moron essentially sent the picture of his junk to the entire world (or anyone who had access to his tweets).  He sent naked pictures of himself to strangers.  He brought this on himself.    

You think he should resign because he is a liar?  Does that mean you have never told a lie?   :)

I think the public dishonesty part of this story isn't getting enough play.  He not only lied to the public, he attacked and belittled reporters who asked him nonthreatening legitimate questions about this.  I doubt I would ever believe another word the man says.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #893 on: June 13, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »
Prospective clients always google me before hiring me.    In fact, even old clients google me.    If I was all over the web standing with a towel over my cock in new York sports club damn right it would probably cost me clients.  

And who are you that you imagine it would be newsworthy for anyone to plaster your nude/lewd photos all over the Internet? If you haven't noticed, average folks usually get away with this kind of stuff because no one cares enough to take notice. However, if you are a celebrity or a politician you'd probably get some attention....especially if a chick ratted you out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #894 on: June 13, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
In truth, Weiner is an elected politician, not an employee. However, our taxes do pay his and all other politician's salary. Perhaps as "employers" we should be more selective in who we elect.

I disagree.  He is an employee of the federal government.  We (the taxpayers) are his employers/boss.  And yes, we should be more selective in who elect, and reelect.  

I don't think anyone expects perfection.  What we shouldn't accept is someone like Weiner.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #895 on: June 13, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »
Do I think Vitter needs to resign for using a prostitute before he was elected U.S. Senator?  Not necessarily. 

What does that have to do with Weiner? 

how about when he was a US Congressman ?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #896 on: June 13, 2011, 09:33:25 PM »
Maybe you should have.   I have plumber clients who do extensive searches before allowing others into a customers home.    Imagine you hire a rapist.   Don't do even a cursory check.  Guy goes in the house and rapes the wife.     Guess what happens?  

These are possibilities of course. However, I'd rather not live in a constant state of fear and distrust. Fortunately, I do most of my own plumbing. LOL. When I hire someone, I require references and I check them. Keep in mind though, there is a first time for every rapist. There is no way anyone can be absolutely sure of someone they don't know....perhaps not even of the people they do know.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #897 on: June 13, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
But I'm not him.  I'm not a member of the House of Representatives.  Not a very good comparison.

It isn't meant to be a comparison. The fact is regular folk like you and me are elected to public office all the time. We take office with all are warts intact.  

I have noticed that we have trouble getting good people to run for public office.  I don't blame them for not running.  Who wants to have their life turned upside down?  Who wants to be relentlessly attacked, on both a personal and professional level?

Exactly! Well apparently some egomaniacs do. 

That's not what's happening here.  This isn't someone being unfairly attacked.  The moron essentially sent the picture of his junk to the entire world (or anyone who had access to his tweets).  He sent naked pictures of himself to strangers.  He brought this on himself.

No doubt he's an idiot. This also goes to what I said about being an egomaniac.    

You think he should resign because he is a liar?  Does that mean you have never told a lie?   :)

I've lied. I am not proud of it. Fortunately I've seldom lied and never one as big as his. I also do not answer to the public.

I think the public dishonestly part of this story isn't getting enough play.  He not only lied to the public, he attacked and belittled reporters who asked him nonthreatening legitimate questions about this.  I doubt I would ever believe another word the man says.  

You're preaching to the choir here. He's a jerk, he's cooked his goose and he should resign his office. Unfortunately, he'll probably continue to delude himself that he can beat this thing, thus forcing the issue and requiring tax dollars be spent on an investigation....again with the over sized ego thing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #898 on: June 13, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »
It isn't meant to be a comparison. The fact is regular folk like you and me are elected to public office all the time. We take office with all are warts intact.  

Exactly! Well apparently some egomaniacs do. 

No doubt he's an idiot. This also goes to what I said about being an egomaniac.    

I've lied. I am not proud of it. Fortunately I've seldom lied and never one as big as his. I also do not answer to the public.

You're preaching to the choir here. He's a jerk, he's cooked his goose and he should resign his office. Unfortunately, he'll probably continue to delude himself that he can beat this thing, thus forcing the issue and requiring tax dollars be spent on an investigation....again with the over sized ego thing.

Sounds like we pretty much agree. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #899 on: June 13, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »
Do I think Vitter needs to resign for using a prostitute before he was elected U.S. Senator?  Not necessarily. 

What does that have to do with Weiner? 

Vitter was in the house of reps when he had intercourse with harlots for money.

Weiner was in the house of reps when he tweeted and phone sexed with girls. 

Shouldn't they BOTH resign, BB?