Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 134304 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Hang in there and stay!
« Reply #925 on: June 14, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »
Correct.  The constant references to Vitter are pretty silly. 

it's been explained many times and is self evident to anyone who knows the facts

you can scroll up on this page and find the explanation

what part do you disagree with?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #926 on: June 14, 2011, 08:36:23 PM »
He claimed ignorance and even the investigators felt he was fos. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was.  But, it seems according to you there wasn't enough evidence so then he in turn denies it.

If there wasn't enough evidence on wiener, then he would be singing the same song.

So the Frank thing doesn't apply here. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #927 on: June 14, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
Charles Rangle cheated on his taxes. So did Tim Geithner. Ted Kennedy killed a woman while driving drunk. Bill Clinton committed perjury. Maxine Waters is currently under investigation. Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK. Barney Frank ran a brothel out of his apartment. John Edwards cheated on his cancer stricken wife, fathered a child and is now on trial for violating federal law. Eliot Spitzer committed a crime that he sent people to prison for and was caught. What fucking difference does it make what some member of the opposite party did 12 years ago?

Many pieces of shit that hail from both parties have served in Congress and the US government ( and continue to do so today). Weiner is one of those pieces of shit.  

Attempting to rationalize his behavior, compare him to Republicans or explain away his pathetic actions is an exercise in futility.

It is irrelevant if someone was formally charged with a crime or not. By that threshold, practically everyone who ever served in Congress is a saint. Do you think that there is a direct correlation between people with power and getting away with illegal activities?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #928 on: June 14, 2011, 08:44:03 PM »
Charles Rangle cheated on his taxes. So did Tim Geithner. Ted Kennedy killed a woman while driving drunk. Bill Clinton committed perjury. Maxine Waters is currently under investigation. Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK. Barney Frank ran a brothel out of his apartment. John Edwards cheated on his cancer stricken wife, fathered a child and is now on trial for violating federal law. Eliot Spitzer committed a crime that he sent people to prison for and was caught. What fucking difference does it make what some member of the opposite party did 12 years ago?

Many pieces of shit that hail from both parties have served in Congress and the US government ( and continue to do so today). Weiner is one of those pieces of shit.  

Attempting to rationalize his behavior, compare him to Republicans or explain away his pathetic actions is an exercise in futility.

It is irrelevant if someone was formally charged with a crime or not. By that threshold, practically everyone who ever served in Congress is a saint. Do you think that there is a direct correlation between people with power and getting away with illegal activities?

Completely agree.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #929 on: June 14, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
Barney frank is the worst of them all.   A true incompetent pervert and fraudulent homo.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #930 on: June 14, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
I get what is being said here and have little problem with expelling everyone guilty or not from DC and just Start over.   Also, I do get that in some instances power prevents these people getting charged.  But sometimes the evidence is too strong to supress as in this case and others.

But if we incriminate base on incomplete evidence then innocent politicians can fall victim to malicious entities.

So it's not really practical.  Therefore it is relevant that politicians get formally charged for crimes.  After all we are innocent until proven guilty.  And if we can't charge them, then voters will decide to remove them or not.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #931 on: June 14, 2011, 08:54:30 PM »
Also should a politician who cheats on his wife be booted from office?   Yes or no?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #932 on: June 14, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »
Also should a politician who cheats on his wife be booted from office?   Yes or no?

Depends. Booted-- no. The constituents decide. Hence Marion Barry was a crack addict and got relected as Mayor of DC several times. Nobody is booting Weiner. The fact of the matter is that the people in his district are pissed off and he has become a liability to the democratic party.

A Politician should be booted from office if he uses his position/ tax payer funded government perks to finance his affairs (Edwards); or the affair is illegal in nature ala Spitzer and allowing him to continue would be a conflict of interest.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #933 on: June 14, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
Depends. Booted-- no. The constituents decide. Hence Marion Barry was a crack addict and got relected as Mayor of DC several times. Nobody is booting Weiner. The fact of the matter is that the people in his district are pissed off and he has become a liability to the democratic party.

A Politician should be booted from office if he uses his position/ tax payer funded government perks to finance his affairs (Edwards); or the affair is illegal in nature ala Spitzer and allowing him to continue would be a conflict of interest.

So who would be wieners "constituents"? Just wondering.

What about a standard affair?  Like for example that POS Gavan Newsme who was having  an affair with his campaign manager's wife?  He wasn't booted but got elected to the State assembly I think. 

Yeah it's  fucked up. I wished there was some moral code, maybe in some pledge or something they had to make every year.  If that was the case I say boot them!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #934 on: June 14, 2011, 09:18:03 PM »
Depends. Booted-- no. The constituents decide. Hence Marion Barry was a crack addict and got relected as Mayor of DC several times. Nobody is booting Weiner. The fact of the matter is that the people in his district are pissed off and he has become a liability to the democratic party. A Politician should be booted from office if he uses his position/ tax payer funded government perks to finance his affairs (Edwards); or the affair is illegal in nature ala Spitzer and allowing him to continue would be a conflict of interest.

for example?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #935 on: June 15, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »
for example?

An example of what?

I live in his district. The people who live here are not happy about this scandal. Are you that much of a fucking idiot that I need to explain why?

As far as being a liability to the democratic party, do you think that its a coincidence that every major democratic player in DC from the President on down has called for Weiner's resignation?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #936 on: June 15, 2011, 06:14:02 AM »
So who would be wieners "constituents"? Just wondering.

What about a standard affair?  Like for example that POS Gavan Newsme who was having  an affair with his campaign manager's wife?  He wasn't booted but got elected to the State assembly I think. 

Yeah it's  fucked up. I wished there was some moral code, maybe in some pledge or something they had to make every year.  If that was the case I say boot them!

Constituents meaning the people who are represented by the politician in question-- the ones that voted them into office.

Politicians are human beings and human beings make mistakes. Anyone can have an "affair". However, when you use your position/ tax payer funded perks to troll for ass, break the law in the process or cannot effectively do your job because you are mired in controversy over your indiscretions- you should step down or be forced down somehow.

The thing about a lot of these politicians is that its never just an "affair". It's usually a sickening pattern of behavior spanning several years.

roccoginge

« Reply #937 on: June 15, 2011, 06:17:16 AM »

Yeah, he should stay.  He;'s an idiopt, dorkm for sexting, but I like his ideas about medicare and other things.

roccoginge

« Reply #938 on: June 15, 2011, 06:18:20 AM »
I couldn't see when I was typing my last post.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #939 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »
Yeah, he should stay.  He;'s an idiopt, dorkm for sexting, but I like his ideas about medicare and other things.

He blatantly lied for over a week sending the media and nation all over the place on a wild goose chase.  

You think thats' ok?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #940 on: June 15, 2011, 06:32:55 AM »
Oh Shit! 

SSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAA AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYY

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #942 on: June 15, 2011, 07:08:57 AM »
The NY Post's actual headline yesterday:

Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #943 on: June 15, 2011, 07:09:40 AM »
The NY Post's actual headline yesterday:

;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #944 on: June 15, 2011, 07:13:56 AM »

I can probably agree with this

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #945 on: June 15, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »
He blatantly lied for over a week sending the media and nation all over the place on a wild goose chase.  

You think thats' ok?

no.. no one thinks thats ok...but should he lose his job... i dont think so. Unless he broke a law... if you break the law and are a law maker..you should lose your job...
1) now you defend the media..hahaha funny
2)"the nation on a wild goose chase"... dude.. what the fuck does that even mean...
3) ive finally put it together.. The over exaggeration, the something out of nothing, Ignoring facts to make a point, the extreme hyperbole... dude youre a fiction writer.. like serious

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #946 on: June 15, 2011, 07:28:18 AM »
no.. no one thinks thats ok...but should he lose his job... i dont think so. Unless he broke a law... if you break the law and are a law maker..you should lose your job...
1) now you defend the media..hahaha funny
2)"the nation on a wild goose chase"... dude.. what the fuck does that even mean...
3) ive finally put it together.. The over exaggeration, the something out of nothing, Ignoring facts to make a point, the extreme hyperbole... dude youre a fiction writer.. like serious

First he claimed it was hacked.  Then he went on national TV and did endless interviews claiming he was hacked and that he didnt know what happened.  The FBI wanted to investigate and he said no.

Did you miss that part?     

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #947 on: June 15, 2011, 07:32:12 AM »
First he claimed it was hacked.  Then he went on national TV and did endless interviews claiming he was hacked and that he didnt know what happened.  The FBI wanted to investigate and he said no.

Did you miss that part?     

but "the nation on a wild goose chase..."...dude.. we were watchin TV  :-\

roccoginge

« Reply #948 on: June 15, 2011, 07:48:34 AM »

You think thats' ok?
No, I don't like it at all.  I'm embarrassed, but I think he is one of the only fighters in Congress.  Seriously, get rid of all special interest/mafia  in politics and we can maybe get things done.  It's sad that this Jew dork, is what we can produce.  The good people do not have the ambition nor greed (the same thing) to run for public office.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #949 on: June 15, 2011, 07:53:09 AM »
No, I don't like it at all.  I'm embarrassed, but I think he is one of the only fighters in Congress.  Seriously, get rid of all special interest/mafia  in politics and we can maybe get things done.  It's sad that this Jew dork, is what we can produce.  The good people do not have the ambition nor greed (the same thing) to run for public office.

boom.. he is a bulldog and a Dem.. this is why 333 is pounding Weiner's story into the ground with a 38 page thread.. He was a threat.. when repubs acted gay in trying to get the 9/11 first responders medical care.... Anthony put them in their places... Thats the story here