Author Topic: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT  (Read 134348 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Hang in there and stay!
« Reply #975 on: June 16, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »
Weiner Tells Friends He Will Resign
NY Times ^ | 6/16/11 | NY Times

WASHINGTON — Representative Anthony D. Weiner has told friends that he plans to resign his seat after coming under growing pressure from his Democratic colleagues to leave the House in the wake of revelations of his lewd online exchanges with women, said a person told of Mr. Weiner’s plans.

The news comes as Democratic leaders prepared to hold a meeting on Thursday to discuss whether to strip the 46-year-old Congressman of his committee assignments, a blow which would severely damage his effectiveness.

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

Bushs' fault. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
" I deeply regret this incident and would like to first apologize to my wife, the people of the 9th district and my colleagues in Congress. My actions were reprehensible and display a serious lack of judgement. I therefore feel that I must step down from my position and resign from Congress.  I would ask that the members of the media please respect my privacy and that of my family at this time, thankyou."

3 days is my bet. Each statement and interview gets worse and we've all seen this play out dozens of times.

You pretty much nailed this one.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Rep. Anthony Weiner - Resigning Office per NYT
« Reply #977 on: June 17, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
He absolutely is a narcissist. 

Rush, Malzberg: Weiner Already Plotting Comeback
Thursday, 16 Jun 2011
By David A. Patten

The high-profile resignation of New York Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner on Thursday came amidst speculation on Capitol Hill that his apology and departure from Congress are calculated preludes for another run at public office — possibly even in the special election to be held for the seat he’s vacating.

“He will run again,” popular New York City radio host and New York City insider Steve Malzberg tells Newsmax. “Whether it’s for mayor or Congress, he’ll be back. I wouldn’t be surprised if he even ran for his own seat again!

“The guy is such a narcissist: He thanked his parents for instilling their values into him,” the radio host said. “He went back to the place where he announced his first campaign, as if this was some triumphant return.

Talk show giant Rush Limbaugh stated that Weiner’s resignation address Thursday came across as “a campaign speech for his next stab at elective office, whenever it is that he takes it.”

Limbaugh added: “I’m sure he’s already planning the Anthony Weiner Comeback Kid routine.”

Former Fox News White House correspondent Major Garrett, now chief congressional correspondent for the National Journal, bolstered these scenarios when he reported on Malzberg’s radio show Thursday that there is widespread speculation on Capitol Hill that Weiner may actually run to get his own seat back in the upcoming special election in the fall.

Garrett described the entire Weiner episode as “the savage self-decapitation of a political career.”

Garrett said he sees three scenarios for Weiner’s future, one of which would involve running for the special election for his own vacated seat. Garrett said he has talked to Democrats on the Hill who “theorize it’s possible,” based on what he described as Weiner’s “enormous ego.”

Weiner’s two other options, according to Garrett: A wealthy constituent could find Weiner a job in his congressional district in Brooklyn. Another option would be for a “well-financed sugar daddy in the liberal Democratic world” to offer Weiner a sinecure at a think tank where he could write articles and make cable television appearances attacking Republicans.

Garrett also said Weiner could write a mea culpa book to help him work his way back into the mainstream.

In his interview with Newsmax, Malzberg scoffed at the notion Weiner could get elected in hardboiled New York, in the wake of the scandal over the lewd images he sent to women via his twitter account.

“He might run in the special election, but no way he’d be re-elected, absolutely not,” Malzberg tells Newsmax. “And mayor -- you’ve got a Christine Quinn whose going to run on the Democratic side. She a gay president of the city council. How’s Weiner going to position himself against her?”

But Malzberg said there’s no doubt in his mind that liberal firebrand Weiner “envisions himself as absolutely being in politics. No doubt about it -- that’s how sick I believe he is.”

Malzberg predicts the mainstream media will abet Weiner’s campaign to rehabilitate his image.

“Look, they’re going to have him on The View,” he said. “And they’re going to tell him, ‘Oh, you’re so wonderful, how’s your wife?’ And the pity machine is going to roll out.”

At one point in his speech, Weiner seemed to focus primarily on himself, stating that he was stepping down “most importantly so that I can continue to heal from the damage that I have caused.”

The scene turned ugly, however, when unidentified hecklers berated Weiner and interrupted his statement. One could be heard shouting: "Bye-bye pervert!"

Weiner won’t be getting much sympathy from the conservatives he excoriated for so many years.

Talk-show giant Rush Limbaugh blasted Weiner’s apology address on Thursday, calling him a “vicious, mean-spirited man” who as a congressman frequently lost his temper on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/weiner-comeback-limbaugh-malzberg/2011/06/16/id/400367

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #978 on: June 17, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »
larry flint just offered him a job. 

20% raise, same med benefits, and moving expenses.

Watch and see - he's gonna get paid $$$$$$$$$$$ from this!

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #979 on: June 17, 2011, 12:09:40 PM »
the HBO show, Entourage, supposedly has made an offer for a guest appearance.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #980 on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »
You know my CT :)

Weiner knew he had peaked in congress and didn't have the $ to run for mayor.

So, he decided he wanted to go show biz.  he waited until Obama gave him the green light (tail end of OBL killing homeymoon) as the debt ceiling, gunrunner, and libya war mess issues started to dominate the headlines.

in a mutually beneficial arrangement... Weiner gets rich and raises his profile with his liberal base (who doesn't give a shit about the sexting tweets).  Obama gets a well-timed distraction.  The media gets ratings$$$$ for a month that kicked some serious ass.

Everyone wins, baby!  Watch the paychecks roll in now.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #981 on: June 17, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »
He absolutely is a narcissist. 

Rush, Malzberg: Weiner Already Plotting Comeback
Thursday, 16 Jun 2011
By David A. Patten

The high-profile resignation of New York Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner on Thursday came amidst speculation on Capitol Hill that his apology and departure from Congress are calculated preludes for another run at public office — possibly even in the special election to be held for the seat he’s vacating.

“He will run again,” popular New York City radio host and New York City insider Steve Malzberg tells Newsmax. “Whether it’s for mayor or Congress, he’ll be back. I wouldn’t be surprised if he even ran for his own seat again!

“The guy is such a narcissist: He thanked his parents for instilling their values into him,” the radio host said. “He went back to the place where he announced his first campaign, as if this was some triumphant return.

Talk show giant Rush Limbaugh stated that Weiner’s resignation address Thursday came across as “a campaign speech for his next stab at elective office, whenever it is that he takes it.”

Limbaugh added: “I’m sure he’s already planning the Anthony Weiner Comeback Kid routine.”

Former Fox News White House correspondent Major Garrett, now chief congressional correspondent for the National Journal, bolstered these scenarios when he reported on Malzberg’s radio show Thursday that there is widespread speculation on Capitol Hill that Weiner may actually run to get his own seat back in the upcoming special election in the fall.

Garrett described the entire Weiner episode as “the savage self-decapitation of a political career.”

Garrett said he sees three scenarios for Weiner’s future, one of which would involve running for the special election for his own vacated seat. Garrett said he has talked to Democrats on the Hill who “theorize it’s possible,” based on what he described as Weiner’s “enormous ego.”

Weiner’s two other options, according to Garrett: A wealthy constituent could find Weiner a job in his congressional district in Brooklyn. Another option would be for a “well-financed sugar daddy in the liberal Democratic world” to offer Weiner a sinecure at a think tank where he could write articles and make cable television appearances attacking Republicans.

Garrett also said Weiner could write a mea culpa book to help him work his way back into the mainstream.

In his interview with Newsmax, Malzberg scoffed at the notion Weiner could get elected in hardboiled New York, in the wake of the scandal over the lewd images he sent to women via his twitter account.

“He might run in the special election, but no way he’d be re-elected, absolutely not,” Malzberg tells Newsmax. “And mayor -- you’ve got a Christine Quinn whose going to run on the Democratic side. She a gay president of the city council. How’s Weiner going to position himself against her?”

But Malzberg said there’s no doubt in his mind that liberal firebrand Weiner “envisions himself as absolutely being in politics. No doubt about it -- that’s how sick I believe he is.”

Malzberg predicts the mainstream media will abet Weiner’s campaign to rehabilitate his image.

“Look, they’re going to have him on The View,” he said. “And they’re going to tell him, ‘Oh, you’re so wonderful, how’s your wife?’ And the pity machine is going to roll out.”

At one point in his speech, Weiner seemed to focus primarily on himself, stating that he was stepping down “most importantly so that I can continue to heal from the damage that I have caused.”

The scene turned ugly, however, when unidentified hecklers berated Weiner and interrupted his statement. One could be heard shouting: "Bye-bye pervert!"

Weiner won’t be getting much sympathy from the conservatives he excoriated for so many years.

Talk-show giant Rush Limbaugh blasted Weiner’s apology address on Thursday, calling him a “vicious, mean-spirited man” who as a congressman frequently lost his temper on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/weiner-comeback-limbaugh-malzberg/2011/06/16/id/400367

I thought you and the others said he should resign and then if he wants, run again and let the voters decide.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #982 on: June 17, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
I thought you and the others said he should resign and then if he wants, run again and let the voters decide.

I said he should resign.  Don't recall saying he should run again.  I don't think he should ever hold public office again. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #983 on: June 17, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »
I said he should resign.  Don't recall saying he should run again.  I don't think he should ever hold public office again. 

I hope he stays.   What better, more suitable, more appropriate face of the Dem party than Wiener, Pelosi, Obama, Reid, Frank, Wasserman Shcultz, etc.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #984 on: June 17, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
remember that screaming weiner rant in congress?  he was just building soundbites to use for the start of his MSNBC show lol...  and the press conference to resign, completely unncesessary?  more stock footage, baby!

He's gonna be making near-Palin money in a year.  Repubs hated him already, and now voters know he's a fit guy with big dick who likes to hit on lots of women.  Yes, that'll hurt him with viewrs.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #985 on: June 17, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
remember that screaming weiner rant in congress?  he was just building soundbites to use for the start of his MSNBC show lol...  and the press conference to resign, completely unncesessary?  more stock footage, baby!

He's gonna be making near-Palin money in a year.  Repubs hated him already, and now voters know he's a fit guy with big dick who likes to hit on lots of women.  Yes, that'll hurt him with viewrs.

no - he was doing that to hook up with 17 y/o.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #986 on: June 17, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »

no - he was doing that to hook up with 17 y/o.   

I thought he talked politics with the 17 year old constituent.  No sex stuff there.  That was misreported?

Weiner will be rich.  His own TV show.  Obama got his distraction.  Repubs screamed about it and played themselves.  Media got rich.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #987 on: June 17, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »
I thought he talked politics with the 17 year old constituent.  No sex stuff there.  That was misreported?

Weiner will be rich.  His own TV show.  Obama got his distraction.  Repubs screamed about it and played themselves.  Media got rich.

::)  ::)

Are you doing dope again?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: June 17, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »

I hope he stays.   What better, more suitable, more appropriate face of the Dem party than Wiener, Pelosi, Obama, Reid, Frank, Wasserman Shcultz, etc.   

Not me.  I'd rather see better quality representation on both sides. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #989 on: June 17, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
::)  ::)

Are you doing dope again?   

What am I wrong about?  Weiner is getting a pay raise no matter what.  Rush, Hannity, CNN and msnbc got awesome ratings for 3 weeks.  Obama got a handy distraction.

Who is the loser in this whole deal?  Weiner because he lost his $165k salary?  LOL!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #990 on: June 17, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
Everything is a conspiracy.   :)

Nothing is what it seems, even when its a conspiracy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #991 on: June 18, 2011, 10:38:47 AM »
Everything is a conspiracy.   :)

Nothing is what it seems, even when its a conspiracy.

Tell me about it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #992 on: September 09, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »
Source: Siena Research Institute

Loudonville, NY. Heading into the final days of the special election for New York’s 9th Congressional District seat, Republican Robert Turner has taken a 50-44 percent lead over Democrat David Weprin, according to a Siena (College) Research Institute poll of likely 9th CD voters released today. In Siena College’s previous poll on August 10th Weprin had led Turner 48-42 percent.

Turner is viewed favorably by 48 percent of likely voters and unfavorably by 34 percent, while Weprin has a 41-41 percent favorability rating. By a 43-32 percent margin, likely voters say Turner is running the more positive campaign, and by a similar 39-30 percent margin, they say Weprin’s is the more negative campaign.

“Republican Turner heads into the final days of the campaign with a six-point lead in this heavily Democratic district after having trailed Democrat Weprin by six points just four weeks ago,” said Siena College pollster Steven Greenberg. “Turner holds a small five-point lead in the Queens portion of the district, where he was trailing by 10 points in the previous Siena College Poll, and he has increased his lead in Brooklyn from six points previously to a now healthy 12-point bulge.

Read more: http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/home/Parents_and_Com...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #993 on: September 09, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
Source: Siena Research Institute

Loudonville, NY. Heading into the final days of the special election for New York’s 9th Congressional District seat, Republican Robert Turner has taken a 50-44 percent lead over Democrat David Weprin, according to a Siena (College) Research Institute poll of likely 9th CD voters released today. In Siena College’s previous poll on August 10th Weprin had led Turner 48-42 percent.

Turner is viewed favorably by 48 percent of likely voters and unfavorably by 34 percent, while Weprin has a 41-41 percent favorability rating. By a 43-32 percent margin, likely voters say Turner is running the more positive campaign, and by a similar 39-30 percent margin, they say Weprin’s is the more negative campaign.

“Republican Turner heads into the final days of the campaign with a six-point lead in this heavily Democratic district after having trailed Democrat Weprin by six points just four weeks ago,” said Siena College pollster Steven Greenberg. “Turner holds a small five-point lead in the Queens portion of the district, where he was trailing by 10 points in the previous Siena College Poll, and he has increased his lead in Brooklyn from six points previously to a now healthy 12-point bulge.

Read more: http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/home/Parents_and_Com...
How's the gf and are you jetskiing today?

Also, thanks for defending NYC with all your guns.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #994 on: September 09, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
How's the gf and are you jetskiing today?

Also, thanks for defending NYC with all your guns.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #995 on: September 09, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
40 pages on Weiner?

You must be on welfare.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #996 on: September 09, 2011, 01:19:41 PM »
Updated 09/08/2011 07:39 PM
Weprin, Turner Hold Special Debate On NY1
By: Grace Rauh

Democrat David Weprin and Republican Bob Turner, who are vying to represent the 9th congressional district in Brooklyn and Queens, faced off in a NY1 debate today. | NY1 is airing the debate at 6 and 10 p.m.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

Democrat David Weprin and Republican Bob Turner, the candidates running for Anthony Weiner's former seat in the 9th Congressional District, engaged in a debate on NY1 Thursday, exchanging verbal blows over topics that ranged from taxes to the proposed Islamic community center in Lower Manhattan. NY1’s Grace Rauh filed the following report.

There are just days to go before a special Congressional election in Queens and Brooklyn, and the candidates, Democrat David Weprin and Republican Bob Turner, are sparring over everything from taxes to Israel to slashing the federal budget.

Watch NY1's Debate
Watch the full debate between Weprin and Turner.

They even fought over the planned Islamic community center in Lower Manhattan that is located two blocks from the site of the 9/11 attacks. Previously, Turner attacked the center in a campaign ad.

“I am very opposed to this site selection. I think it is more than insensitive,” said Turner.

“To use 9/11 imagery on the eve of our 10th anniversary of 9/11 was really despicable,” said Weprin.

President Barack Obama's policies on Israel have loomed large in the race. Turner said voters can let the White House know they aren't happy by electing him.

“I think it would allow Mr. Obama to take another look at his relationship with Israel, his treatment of Prime Minister Netanyahu,” said Turner.

“It's nice to see that he's finally recognizing we have a special relationship with Israel,” said Weprin.

Weprin has said he will support Obama's reelection. Turner was not willing to name a favorite in the Republican field.

“There is no one up there right now that I would find unacceptable,” said Turner.

The candidates were also forced to defend where they live. Weprin does not reside in the district and cannot vote for himself on Tuesday.

“My mother lives in the district, and I'll be happy to go with her to vote,” said Weprin.

He would not, however, commit to moving into the district should he win the race.

Turner, meanwhile, lives in Breezy Point, a private community in Queens. It’s in the district, though it’s 99 percent white.

“I live in the Rockaways, which is heavily integrated,” said Turner. “I don't see this as a particular issue.”

The race seems to be tightening in its final days, which means the candidates will be giving it their all between now and election day on September 13.

________________________ ____________

LMAO - dude doesnt even live there. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #997 on: October 11, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »
Heartbreak for Huma as new messages reveal how Weiner called her parents 'backwards thinking'
Daily Mail UK ^ | Oct. 11, 2011 | John Stevens
Posted on October 11, 2011 8:45:40 PM EDT by COUNTrecount

Weiner accused his Muslim parents-in-law of being 'backwards thinking' and never accepting him because of his Jewish background, it was revealed today.

Newly released messages from the disgraced former congressman's text conversations, obtained exclusively by MailOnline, show how Weiner had explicit exchanges with women comparing them to his wife.

Heartbreaking: In the messages Anthony Weiner claimed that the parents of his wife Huma Abedin had not accepted him because of his religion

The messages are to be published in a book by Traci Nobles, who exchanged messages with the shamed politician for nine months.

The messages are contained in a new book written by one of the women at the centre of the 'sexting' scandal, which saw the politician resign from his seat in Congress in June.

Former cheerleading coach Traci Nobles, 35, said that she has written 'I Freinded You' to set the record straight.

Excerpts from the book, which are being published exclusively by MailOnline, show how Weiner, 47, sent explicit messages from his congressional office and boasted about masturbating in the House toilets.

In the exchanges he complained that spending time with his wife's parents is 'exhausting' as 'they are a bit backwards thinking'.

Mrs Abedin, 35, a personal aide and deputy chief of staff to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, revealed she was pregnant in the middle of Weiner's Twitter photo fiasco.

'I wish I had an escape route sometimes,' he wrote.

'Well a lot has to do with religion,' Weiner wrote in the messages to Ms Nobles. 'Lots of restrictions and how I've never been accepted by them.'

'They just believe I should be Muslim or convert… it makes for a lot of uncomfortable meetings.'

'When you're religion is something that is hated from the beginning it doesn't inspire much confidence,' he wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #998 on: December 28, 2011, 12:09:46 PM »
Anthony Weiner wanted threesome with woman and man (Yuck alert...)
NY Post ^ | 12/28/11 | NY Post Staff

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:48:34 PM by jimbo123

Anthony Weiner proposed a threesome with texting pal Traci Nobles and a man, according to a new report. The Queens Democrat made the suggestion in the midst of his texting and tweeting adventures that eventually forced him to resign his congressional seat in June, RadarOnline.com reported today.

The revelation came from conversation excerpts that Radar obtained from Nobles' proposal for a tell-all book. After proposing a threesome, Weiner told Nobles, "I'm not really talking about other chicks... How about with another guy?"

"It can be hot," Weiner replies.

"Hmmmm, haven't done it before," Nobles said.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: December 28, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
Dang.   :-\