Author Topic: Anyone here an HTML expert?  (Read 3629 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Anyone here an HTML expert?
« on: June 01, 2011, 03:05:50 AM »
...that could recommend some good sites or books?

Cheers
I hate the State.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Anyone here an HTML expert?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:50:26 AM »
...that could recommend some good sites or books?

Cheers

I can help but it depends on what type of site you're trying to build.   
A

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:51:23 AM »
In what language do you want the book ?

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:52:04 AM »
selfhtml

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 08:53:52 AM »
In what language do you want the book ?

In C++ or Java

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 08:55:14 AM »
Well why would you like to learn HTML? Programs like Dreamweaver or a ton of others all have WYSIWYG editors, so you can just write and design normal and it writes the HTML code for you.

Just trying to understand why you want to learn coding HTML itself.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »
Well why would you like to learn HTML? Programs like Dreamweaver or a ton of others all have WYSIWYG editors, so you can just write and design normal and it writes the HTML code for you.

Bloated, outdated code, that's why.  

http://www.lynda.com/

Best site on the net for anything web related, period.

Just released yesterday --> http://bit.ly/mTcjwy

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
In all fairness nobody codes in HTML anymore lol
If you need to learn any Webdesign language go for CSS (shit easy I learned CSS in littealry 1 day - the basics) and ruby on rails maybe.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »
If you need to learn any Webdesign language go for CSS (shit easy I learned CSS in littealry 1 day - the basics) and ruby on rails maybe.
What's CCS ?  Crosby, Stills and Stark ?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »
What's CCS ?  Crosby, Stills and Stark ?
]

One serious post from many and I am still being made fun of - fuck sake

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:18:41 AM »

I need to use Dream Weaver. Are you saying that I don't need to bother learning HTML if I am using Dream Weaver?
I hate the State.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
I need to use Dream Weaver. Are you saying that I don't need to bother learning HTML if I am using Dream Weaver?

mother of god Deicide,

SERIOUSLY have you been sleeping under a rock for the last 20 years?

1) Do not use dream weaver never ever it produces bloated code with endless of mindless uneeded html shit.
2) Instead if you need a page do...
a) Go get a hosting account and a domain if you ahve that already skip to b)
b) Get in contact with your hosting company and ask them to install wordpress
c) If they do - Bingo you're in business and you have a full webpage with Amdin CP etc, all you need to do now is to find the right theme for your webpage from the 1million free themes.
d) if they don't do it for you let me know and I install it for you in seconds.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »
mother of god Deicide,

1) Do not use dream weaver never ever it produces bloated code with endless of mindless uneeded html shit.
c) If they do - Bingo you're in business and you have a full webpage with Amdin CP etc, all you need to do now is to find the right theme for your webpage from the 1million free themes.

Fair enough...I don't need the page professionally, it's for my MSc and they require me to use Dream Weaver.
I hate the State.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
cms... php...css...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »
mother of god Deicide,

Don't blame Goettermord. He only got the Swahili version..

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »

Ik ben de dood!
I hate the State.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »

Wtf are you talking about? Every single website in existence uses HTML. CSS styles the HTML. JavaScript or  a javascript library such as jquery adds interactivity on the client side and php with myql (the most common languages these days) add the backend of most sites. Obviously there are more languages you could learn but these are pretty much the standard if you want to get into web design.

Wordpress is great but you're better off knowing php so you can customize a template or design your own template which is always the better route.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
If you want to build a site - go to templatemonster or some other place like that. Use that as a starting point and then use a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver to edit your content in.

You actually don't need to learn a lot of HTML other than tables & anchors - for which a Dummies guide will do.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 11:50:55 PM »
several million sites online where created using dreamweaver, yes I understand that it adds a shitload of tags but the end user will not know that and nowhere cares.

Yes, I do understand that some people feel the need the bash it, its the same mindset that yells that you cant make money unless you break your back and that if you use AOL you arent a real human.

So ignore those stupid fucks, do what works, whats easy and gets the job done, if the end user wont know and it wont effect the site who cares!

And yes, learning CSS, PHP, MySQL and all that is good too, all depends what you are trying to build.

Again, do it the easiest way possible, the fact that some stupid techie will look at your code and say "wow look at those extra lines of code, its not needed, and that in IE 3 it wont load fast and in some crap browser that only techies use it wont load quick enough" IGNORE them, these are sad humans that seriously have mental issues. Again care about the site and its functions, thats all.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 11:52:38 PM »

LMFAO!!!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 03:30:31 AM »

Wtf are you talking about? Every single website in existence uses HTML. CSS styles the HTML. JavaScript or  a javascript library such as jquery adds interactivity on the client side and php with myql (the most common languages these days) add the backend of most sites. Obviously there are more languages you could learn but these are pretty much the standard if you want to get into web design.

Wordpress is great but you're better off knowing php so you can customize a template or design your own template which is always the better route.

Wtf are you talking about? Every single website in existence uses HTML. CSS styles the HTML. JavaScript or  a javascript library such as jquery adds interactivity on the client side and php with myql (the most common languages these days) add the backend of most sites. Obviously there are more languages you could learn but these are pretty much the standard if you want to get into web design.

Oh shut up seriously you are embaressing yourself, sure the header and footer and a little HTML is the last thing that most pages have left apart from that its all CSS and yes PHP.
Why the fuck would he learn PHP so he can edit some templates?
Is that about the worse advice anybody can give?
I mean do you even comprehend how long it takes to learn properly PHP? And what does he doe if he knows it? Yep he needs to learn apache and mysql you dipshit ::)
And you don't need to know PHP to edit or create a tempalate - I have created some nice fast and fluent webpages with CSS and html only, no PHP needed.

Don't listen to the guy, there is no need to learn anything unless you want to deep dive into the whole internet page business thingy, in fact I've had many successful pages and I dont know shit about PHP or rather enough to read it, you have people that do that for you which can be hired.
However if you need a simple page easy maintained good looking which is without errors and such go look now further than wordpress anything else is going to be too complicated at the time.
Course all depends what your plan is.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 03:34:40 AM »
several million sites online where created using dreamweaver, yes I understand that it adds a shitload of tags but the end user will not know that and nowhere cares.

Yes, I do understand that some people feel the need the bash it, its the same mindset that yells that you cant make money unless you break your back and that if you use AOL you arent a real human.

So ignore those stupid fucks, do what works, whats easy and gets the job done, if the end user wont know and it wont effect the site who cares!

And yes, learning CSS, PHP, MySQL and all that is good too, all depends what you are trying to build.

Again, do it the easiest way possible, the fact that some stupid techie will look at your code and say "wow look at those extra lines of code, its not needed, and that in IE 3 it wont load fast and in some crap browser that only techies use it wont load quick enough" IGNORE them, these are sad humans that seriously have mental issues. Again care about the site and its functions, thats all.

Again you give the guy some seriously bad advice, Dreamweaver is about the worse kinda program you can use.
We have moved on from the 1980 you know?
Today you don't need dreamweaver to "Create" a webpage, simply download a content managment system install it - either create your own template or download one its that easy.
And there are no geeks that look at the source code of a page, but the chances that dreamweaver is smuggling in some much unneeded codes which will make the page sluggish and none compliant and possibly open for threats is very likely.
And the argument that milions of webpages are created by Dreamweaver ha fucking ha :D - if you mean the usual "Hi I am Martin and this is my webpage - below is a picture of my dog" webpage you are right, if you talk about profesional webpages you are so wrong, I don't know one Designer that would use dreamweaver in fact I know they laugh at you if you suggest using it.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 04:40:50 AM »

Oh shut up seriously you are embaressing yourself, sure the header and footer and a little HTML is the last thing that most pages have left apart from that its all CSS and yes PHP.
Why the fuck would he learn PHP so he can edit some templates?
Is that about the worse advice anybody can give?
I mean do you even comprehend how long it takes to learn properly PHP? And what does he doe if he knows it? Yep he needs to learn apache and mysql you dipshit ::)
And you don't need to know PHP to edit or create a tempalate - I have created some nice fast and fluent webpages with CSS and html only, no PHP needed.

Don't listen to the guy, there is no need to learn anything unless you want to deep dive into the whole internet page business thingy, in fact I've had many successful pages and I dont know shit about PHP or rather enough to read it, you have people that do that for you which can be hired.
However if you need a simple page easy maintained good looking which is without errors and such go look now further than wordpress anything else is going to be too complicated at the time.
Course all depends what your plan is.

It depends what your goals/needs are.

Yes, to properly edit or create a wordpress and/or joomla template, a basic understanding of php, which is a very simple language to learn is helpful. There are many useful tutorials out there on how to create your own template as well. Such as this http://bit.ly/m2nHJV.

I don't know one Designer that would use dreamweaver in fact I know they laugh at you if you suggest using it.

::)

A huge percentage of us designers/developers use Dreamweaver and other Adobe software, but code by hand. DW is the most popular editor out there. There are many benefits to using a robust editor such as DW without using the stock code it inserts.  I'd also suggest reading up on HTML5 if you think HTML plays only a small part in web site creation. It's 2011, not 2007.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 08:50:24 AM »
Again you give the guy some seriously bad advice, Dreamweaver is about the worse kinda program you can use.
We have moved on from the 1980 you know?
Today you don't need dreamweaver to "Create" a webpage, simply download a content managment system install it - either create your own template or download one its that easy.
And there are no geeks that look at the source code of a page, but the chances that dreamweaver is smuggling in some much unneeded codes which will make the page sluggish and none compliant and possibly open for threats is very likely.
And the argument that milions of webpages are created by Dreamweaver ha fucking ha :D - if you mean the usual "Hi I am Martin and this is my webpage - below is a picture of my dog" webpage you are right, if you talk about profesional webpages you are so wrong, I don't know one Designer that would use dreamweaver in fact I know they laugh at you if you suggest using it.
I know a ton of designers most use dreamweaver then they tweak as needed, you are assuming everyone is trying to blog or use some sorta pre made site. I understand you are trying to act as if you are some super web guru, and I deal with lots of fools like that, but the reality is dreamweaver is just fine.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »
I know a ton of designers most use dreamweaver then they tweak as needed, you are assuming everyone is trying to blog or use some sorta pre made site. I understand you are trying to act as if you are some super web guru, and I deal with lots of fools like that, but the reality is dreamweaver is just fine.

Well, I will be using Dream Weaver...gonna try to start today. Any good template sites you could recommend?
I hate the State.