Author Topic: Safety tips  (Read 1467 times)

w8m8

Safety tips
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:03:10 AM »
Smudge Bucket choked last night .. he didn't chew a chunk of meat good enough and it freaked me out !!!!!  :o :'(

I had NO clue what to do all I could think of was to see if I could get it from his mouth and I couldn't see it .. the look in his eyes screaming help me ... was killing me !!!!!!!!

I patted him on the side repeatedly trying to help .. it took a few minutes and finally at last he got it down ok

But I couldn't imagine what to do to help .. so I googled after to look for ideas , had no clue about the Heimlich for dogs so hopefully this is good advise and can be helpful to someone else that already doesn't know about it

added a CPR video also .. hopefully no one ever needs to use it

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Safety tips
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:15:38 AM »
Thank God Smudge is alright!

I just watched both of those and sent them to people.

Thank you!
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:50:56 AM »
How terrifying!

I'm so happy he's ok.

Do you have an emergency vet clinic nearby and their # programmed into your phone?
:

w8m8

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
Thank God Smudge is alright!

I just watched both of those and sent them to people.

Thank you!

Thanks STells  :)
Your Welcome of course ... and yes Thank God .. I was a wreck but he's OK ... the look in his eyes was terrifying to me   :-[

How terrifying!

I'm so happy he's ok.

Do you have an emergency vet clinic nearby and their # programmed into your phone?

Thank you also Princess .. I never want to go thru that again .. I have my Vet's emergency number and the machine picks up to direct me to the 24/7 place that is an hour's drive  :( .. I wouldn't have been able to drive for long in the state I was in .. and didn't think about calling them for help to walk me through some assistance.. I just freaked so badly I couldn't think