Author Topic: Sheets  (Read 3008 times)

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Sheets
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
So I just got a new mattress, I don't know if I want sheets or not it is so comfortable just lying on the floor and no sheets at all.  Why do people get sheets?  Also when I looked at them they have 200 count thread sheets 250 count thread sheets and stuff?  Can't I just bunch up a lot of my winter clothes and make a semi sheet myself lay them all out ?

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Sheets
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:44:19 PM »
So I just got a new mattress, I don't know if I want sheets or not it is so comfortable just lying on the floor and no sheets at all.  Why do people get sheets?  Also when I looked at them they have 200 count thread sheets 250 count thread sheets and stuff?  Can't I just bunch up a lot of my winter clothes and make a semi sheet myself lay them all out ?

The main benefit to sheets is that when you sweat at night the sheet will soak up the stank and b.o. and keep the blankets cleaner.

Do whatever you want though. I used to sleep in a sleeping bag with a liner every night.

In lots of Asian countries they don't use sheets. They don't use deoderant either.

It just depends how much b.o. you produce. I produce some nasty stink from my armpits so I need a sheet or something.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »
Enjoy your bedbugs.

Get sheets fool.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 07:45:31 PM »
The main benefit to sheets is that when you sweat at night the sheet will soak up the stank and b.o. and keep the blankets cleaner.

Do whatever you want though. I used to sleep in a sleeping bag with a liner every night.

In lots of Asian countries they don't use sheets. They don't use deoderant either.

It just depends how much b.o. you produce. I produce some nasty stink from my armpits so I need a sheet or something.

Didn't your sleeping bags start to smell?  What does a bed look like in Asian countries, is it just a mattress like mine?  They look very nice, designs and all.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:52:05 PM »
Didn't your sleeping bags start to smell?  What does a bed look like in Asian countries, is it just a mattress like mine?  They look very nice, designs and all.

That's why I used a liner, the liner absorbed most of the stink. I washed it all regularly though.

Here, they will lay a thick mattress cover over the mattress and then just use 1 big blanket usually.

Lots of people here sleep on the floor on floor mats with a blanket over it.

It's almost impossible to find bedsheets in this country. Instead I had to buy the thinnest blankets and use those instead.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »

cos its new, you muppet.

good quality sheets make it even more comfy. and help protect your mattress.

a good quality bed/mattress, should be one of the most important purchases you make imo

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »

Cleanliness! Wash sheets every week.  Keeps your mattress clean and free of cooties.

The higher the thread count the softer the sheet.  200 would be like sandpaper.
:

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »
That's why I used a liner, the liner absorbed most of the stink. I washed it all regularly though.

Here, they will lay a thick mattress cover over the mattress and then just use 1 big blanket usually.

Lots of people here sleep on the floor on floor mats with a blanket over it.

It's almost impossible to find bedsheets in this country. Instead I had to buy the thinnest blankets and use those instead.

cool, what country?

cos its new, you muppet.

good quality sheets make it even more comfy. and help protect your mattress.

a good quality bed/mattress, should be one of the most important purchases you make imo

I got a great deal on it, I could get another one in a few months cause it was so cheap, so I don't see any reason to save it for anything.  

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 07:59:02 PM »
cool, what country?

I got a great deal on it, I could get another one in a few months cause it was so cheap, so I don't see any reason to save it for anything.  

well there's no law saying you've gotta use sheets. but don't you just love that feeling when you've had a hot, refreshing shower, and then you slide between those lovely cold, clean,  soft sheets ?? bliss!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »
sheets are a must. or you will get bed mites.
hit up target, and get some bleach friendly sheets.
A

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
i dealt with a similar issue a while back
i def prefer to sleep on a bare matress but i do admit clean sheets feel nice
w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 09:26:58 PM »

Do you wear dirty clothes too? :-X
:

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:10 PM »
evolution of my bedding

elem. school.  -   small bed with those football sheets

high school     -     bigger bed with Mervyns sheets

college         -      saller bed again with marijuana smelling sheets

early 20's     -  futon mattress on floor, no sheets

late 20's      -   queen bed, on floor, sleeping bag

early 30's    -     king bed, whatever sheets my wife buys.

moral of the story = sheets are for girls!   oh and the KKK

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
Changing sheets suck and getting gasoline sucks. I try to minimize both.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »
i dealt with a similar issue a while back
i def prefer to sleep on a bare matress but i do admit clean sheets feel nice

Ok I think I will stick with that and get some nice covers to wrap myself up in.  I rather not spend my money on sheets, they are like 30 dollars I think I saw at walmart.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »
 Or you can be a real man and just sleep on the floor surrounded by guns and naked bitchez.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 10:36:41 PM »

Your post begs the question, where have you been sleeping up until now....your mom's house and she buys the bedding?

Seriously, you should get a qualityallergygy proof mattress cover and at least 400 thread count, all cotton sheets and pillow cases. Change your sheets once a week plus whenever you have messy sex....and you'll sleep like a baby. Plus you'll keep those nasty bed bugs at bay.

P.S. If you are a Costco member or know someone who is, they sell great sheets and a reasonable price.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 11:01:49 PM »
You're all a bunch of fucking pigs. Except for Princess.

WASH YOUR FUCKING SHEETS.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »
Or you can be a real man and just sleep on the floor surrounded by guns and naked bitchez.

lol

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »

200 count is garbage, get you some 500 or 1000 count sheets, and REAL good ones not cheap chinese fakes, and you'll see the difference, it's like sleeping on a cloud, plus the girls LOVE it

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
You get sheets cause without, you'll never keep a chick at your place for more than a few minutes.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »
Definitely get sheets. And preferably a mattress protector underneath as well.

I was told that anything over a 400 thread count is pointless though as the "softness" is pretty much the same all the way up the chain.

Also, I think this is quite possibly the gayest post I have ever written.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »
You get sheets cause without, you'll never keep a chick at your place for more than a few minutes.

Pretty much this.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
In before TA and his jeremiad post about Egyptian 3000-count-thread cotton (below the Aswan!), and  with regards to all associated bad manners.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
how do sheets stop bed bugs and mites  ???