Author Topic: X-Men stiks  (Read 773 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
X-Men stiks
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:48:38 PM »
STIKS = STINKS but I can't change it.

Just wasted a couple of hours watching XMen: First Class. You GetBiggers may enjoy it but I thought it was a royal pain sitting through it till the end.

But Hollywood forecasts a 60 million dollar opening weekend.

As far as I am concerned, it was a real stinkeroo but Kevin Bacon was interesting as the Bad guy.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: X-Men stiks
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »
The reviews have actually been pretty impressive. I was never really interested in it but any amount of interest I did have was killed when I read an interview saying that they were going for the Twilight-angst angle in it.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
Yep, BEZERK,  I noticed the good reviews also and that is why I went to see it but I honestly didn't like it very much, but there are a lot of X fans out there so it will make lots of money this weekend. (Estimate is $60,000,000+)

That, plus the fact that it hasn't got too much competition this weekend.

It might be a good idea for us GetBiggers to make our own Superhero movie. We got the cast and crew right here on this Board (LOL) and with a little help from you computer special FX geeks and a distributor, we could rake in multi-millions.

I got some SuperHero story ideas but would need suggestions from you GetBiggers as to whom should play the principal Superhero roles.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »
NOTE: Just because I don't like a certain movie, doesn't mean I hope it tanks.

The financial success of any film spreads like a welcomed disease throughout the movie making industry putting bread on many tables.

If you managed to sit through the end credits of these Superhero movies, you'll be there for five minutes or more just watching the screen scroll through a huge list of names of anyone who has participated in its production including the caterer, the riggers,  and the "2nd Second Director" which is a new one to me.

They are all paid up front but a film's success means more work coming up and in most cases the same crew is called back to work on another production. I have friends who have worked pretty much constantly since "The Grinch Who Stold Christmas" simply because they are good at what they do and are dependable. SOme of the people on the set are simply there to keep everyone happy.

I asked one busy guy what his job was and he said, "Would a good hot meal keep you happy?' .... and that was his only job on the set. But actually he was there with the hope of being a big director someday soon. I think he was officially an "Assistant Assistant Director".

At that time my job was to keep 30 hyper-active gorillas in business suits (actually they were gymnastic stunt guys and gals) in line and ensure that they remained happy and healthy before and after the camera rolled. Only lost one 'gorilla' that day.

One piece of advice before signing off: Never buy into a silent partnership within the movie making industry. Movie making book-keeping never seems to allow a profit to anyone unless your name is up their on the screen when those final credits roll.

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »
it was pretty awesome

with the excepion of jet hauling sub oouta water

sebastian shaw in particular was fucking awesome

bravo kevin