Author Topic: Only uncrowned Mr Olympia is Victor Martinez....Shawn, Flex and Levrone never.  (Read 26659 times)

erics

• Getbig III
ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/billdobbins1.htm

hehe

The only thing I would want to add is that if the judges are looking for excellence, then the ability of a bodybuilder to look good in many more poses than his competitor ought to play a part.

If, for example, Branch Warren comes out and does 10 poses and 5 of them are most muscular variations and the rest are mandatories, why should that be counted as being better than, for example, Dexter Jackson, who comes out with 10 different poses? After all, if a competitor basically repeats the same poses as in the 'muscularity round', then there really is no need for a posing round.

I think that a posing round where the competitors are limited on the number of mandatories they can use would be a great idea in helping to separate physiques when it is close.

The idea is to find the best physique and the more poses a bodybuilder looks good in doing, the more likely they have an excellent physique.

powerbar

• Getbig IV
  • I am a good man.

Have you ever read the IFBB judging criteria? read what and how judges ascertain contests? they are absolutely ALL judged the exact same ALL of the criteria is assessed at once

So if the only thing that’s different is the names of the rounds then why does the same physique rank differently in different rounds?  The only real point you can make is on how much symmetry is judged.  If it is only 5% of the determining factor then Dorian was probably placed where he should have been but it if is closer to 30% then he's going to have to blow people away a lot more in the other judging criteria which he didn't. 

No they are instructed on the criteria and muscle length , muscle balance & proportion are all judged and it's in direct relation to who you're standing with , they don't just say ' lets pick this guy he's taller ' but you'd be once again misinformed if you don't think it's considered it's not coincidence that taller guys can carry more muscular bulk and doing it without compromising their structure and balance & proportions

Who are the competitors standing with in the posing round?  Muscle length, balance and proportion generally suck as people become too tall.  There is a reason that the taller competitors never make it to the pros in the first place.  Do you think that guys over 6 feet tall just aren’t interested in bodybuilding?  Taller guys can carry more bulk and still not look as big.  That’s much more of an issue in bodybuilding than the few that outgrow their frames.

I think Dorian would say he meet ALL of the criteria better than his contemporaries which is why he was the most dominating bodybuilder in IFBB history. And no I'm not brainwashed I just don't buy contests are fixed because YOU don't like who won for whatever biased reasons you have

I’ll admit I’m biased.  I believe the best looking physique should win.  Dorian had a great physique but rarely did he have the best looking physique onstage.  He even once said something like if he could have any physique, he’d pick Flex’s.  He realized Flex had certain things that he could never achieve no matter how hard he tried.  You are brainwashed because you think size is the defining factor of a physique.  You bringing up height shows you lack the ability to assess a physique.  If the IFBB thought height was as big of an issue as you do, they’d bring back height classes.
Come get me.

erics

• Getbig III
So if the only thing that’s different is the names of the rounds then why does the same physique rank differently in different rounds?

Given what was stated in the linked article, the only explanation that makes sense is that physiques look different in different poses.

Granted, if they want to make things more accountable and transparent, all they would need to do is break the scorecard down so that the fans and the competitors could see just why each bodybuilder places where they do.

A single number as a score only shows the final result. It gives no indication or insight into each round or comparison. I think this is where bodybuilding as a competition suffers tremendously. Even if the results themselves do not change, at least everyone would understand why the results are the way they are.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Dorian's physique was big no doubt..but really ugly to look at and no esthetic at all...Shawn, Flex, and Levrone had very nice physiques to olok at and admire (no homo)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
No I asked how his delts appear flat in the front double biceps pose. He is the most complete , density , dryness , size , balance & proportion

You're not typing " I give the impression " I can only go by what you type and what you typed wasn't accurate. And Shawn was lucky to beat Kevin with less flaws?  ??? according to whom? you? Shawn's conditioning was slightly better in the prejudging not so much at the night show , Kev has flaws , I think less than Shawn you disagree , cool but no matter how you slice it Shawn was LUCKY to beat Kev in 1994 and he was actually behind Kev after prejudging , you have a real problem with the judges that's your hang-up it doesn't change reality and Shawn was in the shape of his life and was outclassed by Kevin who wasn't

So Shawn had better conditioning than Kevin at the prejudging and after it was done he was behind by 4 points. Then you say that at the night show Shawn's conditioning advantage wasn't there anymore, but somehow Shawn managed to beat Kevin with his posing routine? So what changed? I don't think any of them got bigger or smaller in 1 day, neither their structures, proportions or symmetry changed. Can you see how messed up the judging is?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
So if the only thing that’s different is the names of the rounds then why does the same physique rank differently in different rounds?  The only real point you can make is on how much symmetry is judged.  If it is only 5% of the determining factor then Dorian was probably placed where he should have been but it if is closer to 30% then he's going to have to blow people away a lot more in the other judging criteria which he didn't. 

Who are the competitors standing with in the posing round?  Muscle length, balance and proportion generally suck as people become too tall.  There is a reason that the taller competitors never make it to the pros in the first place.  Do you think that guys over 6 feet tall just aren’t interested in bodybuilding?  Taller guys can carry more bulk and still not look as big.  That’s much more of an issue in bodybuilding than the few that outgrow their frames.

I’ll admit I’m biased.  I believe the best looking physique should win.  Dorian had a great physique but rarely did he have the best looking physique onstage.  He even once said something like if he could have any physique, he’d pick Flex’s.  He realized Flex had certain things that he could never achieve no matter how hard he tried.  You are brainwashed because you think size is the defining factor of a physique.  You bringing up height shows you lack the ability to assess a physique.  If the IFBB thought height was as big of an issue as you do, they’d bring back height classes.

It all depends who meets the criteria better in a certain pose and it's obvious you don't know how contests are judged because if you did you wouldn't be asking what percentage ' symmetry ' is judged. and Dorian did blow away his competition in most of the criteria and it's exactly why he dominated like no other pro in IFBB history

Which is why I said it's all relative to who you're competing with and you're acting like heights not a factor and you agree with me it does which is why guys over 6'0" don't do as well , height matters and so does the lack thereof

At least you can admit you're biased but can you admit you're ignorant too? contests aren't judged on what you think should win , or what should represent what the ideal is. And I doubt Dorian ever would say he would want to look like Flex if you have a link feel free to post it.

Now this is where you get lost , I never said size if the defining factor of a physique if you can find the quote where I said this feel free to post it but I never said anything of the sorts , I always maintain it's who meets ALL of the criteria better in the poses wins try and follow what is being typed and not make things up and them respond to them

Boy your comprehension sucks badly  :-\ I never said height was a ' big ' ' issue ' I said it's part of everything assessed , along with muscular bulk , along with muscular balance , along with muscle density along with muscle dryness , along with posing along with presentation , and you have the audacity to say I lack the ability to assess a physique?  :-X  :-X  :-X seriously you can't even follow what's being typed never mind come a conclusion on who has the better physique , especially considering you're ignorant on to how contests are judged and admittedly biased

Do yourself a favor next time try researching the topic before committing to a reply this way you don't run the risk of looking stupid.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
So Shawn had better conditioning than Kevin at the prejudging and after it was done he was behind by 4 points. Then you say that at the night show Shawn's conditioning advantage wasn't there anymore, but somehow Shawn managed to beat Kevin with his posing routine? So what changed? I don't think any of them got bigger or smaller in 1 day, neither their structures, proportions or symmetry changed. Can you see how messed up the judging is?

Who knows what the judges were thinking I can't speak for them but it doesn't change what went down , it was a close contest between Kev & Shawn and Shawn edged him out , I don't have a problem with that but to say Shawn beat Dorian is just not accurate like every other year he wasn't even close

lots of people judge by their emotions and Shawn was at his career best and looked fantastic and he's more of what the sport should embody etc but according to how contests are judged they picked the right winner

yates fan

• Getbig III
reasons why dorian deserved to win every year he was awarded the sandow,he was always the best conditioned,he carried more mass better than his closest contenders,nasser weighed more,but in the mandatory poses dorian looked bigger,he was a master at doing the compulsory poses,and for some reason ever since haney this has meant a lot,but he always had the best back!

powerbar

• Getbig IV
  • I am a good man.
It all depends who meets the criteria better in a certain pose and it's obvious you don't know how contests are judged because if you did you wouldn't be asking what percentage ' symmetry ' is judged. and Dorian did blow away his competition in most of the criteria and it's exactly why he dominated like no other pro in IFBB history

Again, in the relaxed poses where muscularity and conditioning are less obvious and symmetry and flaws are more apparent, how does Dorian end up in the top 3 in most of his contests?

Which is why I said it's all relative to who you're competing with and you're acting like heights not a factor and you agree with me it does which is why guys over 6'0" don't do as well , height matters and so does the lack thereof

No I don’t agree with you about height being a judging factor.  Read my post again if you have doubts about what you read.  What’s a factor is what one brings to the table.  Height may play a part in how that was reached but onstage it doesn’t really matter.  I hope this makes sense.  If it doesn’t yet, let me know and I can explain it a different way.

At least you can admit you're biased but can you admit you're ignorant too? contests aren't judged on what you think should win , or what should represent what the ideal is. And I doubt Dorian ever would say he would want to look like Flex if you have a link feel free to post it.

I’m ignorant about some things.  Bodybuilding isn’t one of them.  I’m biased in believing that the best physique should win.  Do you understand what that means?  If not, let me know and I’ll explain this a different way too.  Dorian said something like that in a Flex.  He also backed it up with something about Flex’s work ethic. 

Now this is where you get lost , I never said size if the defining factor of a physique if you can find the quote where I said this feel free to post it but I never said anything of the sorts , I always maintain it's who meets ALL of the criteria better in the poses wins try and follow what is being typed and not make things up and them respond to them

It isn’t where I get lost.  It is the one attribute I can give Dorian where he actually should belong in the top 3.  Without that you lose your argument completely.  If you want to start a new thread and name it who thinks Dorian Yates had better symmetry and proportion than Shawn, Kevin or Flex its fine with me.  Your typing is barely comprehendible in that paragraph/sentence.  If English isn’t your first language you’re doing pretty well though.

Boy your comprehension sucks badly   I never said height was a ' big ' ' issue ' I said it's part of everything assessed , along with muscular bulk , along with muscular balance , along with muscle density along with muscle dryness , along with posing along with presentation , and you have the audacity to say I lack the ability to assess a physique?       seriously you can't even follow what's being typed never mind come a conclusion on who has the better physique , especially considering you're ignorant on to how contests are judged and admittedly biased

Do yourself a favor next time try researching the topic before committing to a reply this way you don't run the risk of looking stupid.

Notice how you don't answer some of the questions I ask?  It doesn't make for much of a debate now does it?  Once again, according to the current judging criteria, height should not be a judging factor.  Now does height have something to do with how a certain physique looks?  Sure.  Do yourself a favor and take an English class before you type something on a public forum to prevent yourself from looking retarded or like English is a language you picked up in this decade.

Come get me.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

Again, in the relaxed poses where muscularity and conditioning are less obvious and symmetry and flaws are more apparent, how does Dorian end up in the top 3 in most of his contests?

No I don’t agree with you about height being a judging factor.  Read my post again if you have doubts about what you read.  What’s a factor is what one brings to the table.  Height may play a part in how that was reached but onstage it doesn’t really matter.  I hope this makes sense.  If it doesn’t yet, let me know and I can explain it a different way.

I’m ignorant about some things.  Bodybuilding isn’t one of them.  I’m biased in believing that the best physique should win.  Do you understand what that means?  If not, let me know and I’ll explain this a different way too.  Dorian said something like that in a Flex.  He also backed it up with something about Flex’s work ethic. 

It isn’t where I get lost.  It is the one attribute I can give Dorian where he actually should belong in the top 3.  Without that you lose your argument completely.  If you want to start a new thread and name it who thinks Dorian Yates had better symmetry and proportion than Shawn, Kevin or Flex its fine with me.  Your typing is barely comprehendible in that paragraph/sentence.  If English isn’t your first language you’re doing pretty well though.

Notice how you don't answer some of the questions I ask?  It doesn't make for much of a debate now does it?  Once again, according to the current judging criteria, height should not be a judging factor.  Now does height have something to do with how a certain physique looks?  Sure.  Do yourself a favor and take an English class before you type something on a public forum to prevent yourself from looking retarded or like English is a language you picked up in this decade.

muscularity and conditioning are less obvious? to who? you? do you know what symmetry is? I'm curious to hear your definition of this. Dorian meet ALL of the criteria better than the guys he was competing with which is why he dominated like no other

It's a factor I never said it was a major one but it comes into play , which explains why no extremely tall guy or short guy ever wins

You're ignorant that ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS 99.9% of people on here are as well , it's not a bad thing but you really can't say Dorian shouldn't have won a symmetry round knowing this is how it works. And again I highly doubt Dorian would want to have a physique like anyone else but himself , he did say the only guy he felt that had potential to give him trouble was Flex

Oh boy  ::) You are brainwashed because you think size is the defining factor of a physique this is your quote and I never once typed size is the defining factor of a physique. This is a point to claimed I made and I asked you to show me where I typed this and you can't

I'll say this again YOU can NOT argue who is better when YOU do NOT know how contests are judged , I already exposed your ignorance. Again do some research before you type

This is your response? this is a very lame attempt at trying save face and to get out of your moronic statements and it failed. seriously when you want to argue about a person's placement in a contest go learn how they are judged and then come back and I'll be more than willing to grade your on what you learned  ;) because what you typed right now gets a F  :-\

powerbar

• Getbig IV
  • I am a good man.
muscularity and conditioning are less obvious? to who? you? do you know what symmetry is? I'm curious to hear your definition of this. Dorian meet ALL of the criteria better than the guys he was competing with which is why he dominated like no other

Look, I was trying to help you out.  It appears you’re not going to take the bone which is fine with me.  You posted Bill Dobbins take on the different rounds and why they are referred to differently.  If you think every round is the exact same then why do some competitors get scored differently in different rounds with the same physique?  Do you really think these competitors bodies are changing that much from round to round?  Why would there be a need for different rounds if they are all the same?  These are logical questions you’ve failed to attempt to answer.  Of course I know what symmetry is.  I’m also extremely glad that you’re curious to hear my thoughts. Dorian never had the best symmetry so he didn't meet all the criteria better.

It's a factor I never said it was a major one but it comes into play , which explains why no extremely tall guy or short guy ever wins

Explain how and why height comes into play onstage.  Also with everything you’ve read of criteria, where do you see something referring to height?

You're ignorant that ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS 99.9% of people on here are as well , it's not a bad thing but you really can't say Dorian shouldn't have won a symmetry round knowing this is how it works. And again I highly doubt Dorian would want to have a physique like anyone else but himself , he did say the only guy he felt that had potential to give him trouble was Flex

What do you think that I think the rounds are judging: personality, aroma, intelligence?  Of course the rounds are judging the physiques.  It is a physique contest.  I’ll explain to you what you’ve done so that hopefully you won’t keep typing the same thing showing that you can’t comprehend what you are typing.  You once heard someone’s justification for why the best poser rarely wins the posing round and why the best physique usually does.  The answer generally given is that it isn’t a contest based on how well you move.  It is a contest based on the physique.  No one uses this same justification for the other rounds.  It is a given that the other rounds are physique rounds.  Of course I can say that Dorian should not have won the symmetry round.  If he looked the 5th best of the competitors onstage in the 4 relaxed poses then why would that put him first that round?  

Oh boy   You are brainwashed because you think size is the defining factor of a physique this is your quote and I never once typed size is the defining factor of a physique. This is a point to claimed I made and I asked you to show me where I typed this and you can't

I'll say this again YOU can NOT argue who is better when YOU do NOT know how contests are judged , I already exposed your ignorance. Again do some research before you type

I was once again trying to help you out.  If we all know that the symmetry of Flex, Kevin and Shawn was far superior and the conditioning of Andreas Munzer was usually better then what attribute is the one that’s able to trump symmetry and proportion?  Explain what Dorian had that no one else had that would put him at the top and explain what those three lacked.  If it isn’t size, symmetry or conditioning then let me guess, it’s his height.  

This is your response? this is a very lame attempt at trying save face and to get out of your moronic statements and it failed. seriously when you want to argue about a person's placement in a contest go learn how they are judged and then come back and I'll be more than willing to grade your on what you learned   because what you typed right now gets a F  

I have no need to run from statements I’ve made.  The statement that Dorian made in Flex about Flex is the only thing I’ve typed that I wasn’t sure about so I actually typed that.  I can’t remember the verbiage used and since Dorian wasn’t a judge then his opinion can only back my case so much.  This is barely an argument.  I’ve tried to help you out and make cases for your emotional outbursts but you don’t take the help.  You don’t really back what you say up much more than with some surface answer.  If this debate was being scored you would have lost a long time ago.  A filibuster isn’t going to get you anywhere on here.  You show that you have a problem with symmetry by the way you type.  If you can’t understand the natural flow of a sentence or English, why should I believe you can understand the flow of a physique?
Come get me.

powerbar

• Getbig IV
  • I am a good man.
If the way I posted that isn't decipherable let me know and I'll fix it.
Come get me.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
If the way I posted that isn't decipherable let me know and I'll fix it.

What an abortion that was  :-X

Look, I was trying to help you out.  It appears you’re not going to take the bone which is fine with me.  You posted Bill Dobbins take on the different rounds and why they are referred to differently.  If you think every round is the exact same then why do some competitors get scored differently in different rounds with the same physique?  Do you really think these competitors bodies are changing that much from round to round?  Why would there be a need for different rounds if they are all the same?  These are logical questions you’ve failed to attempt to answer.  Of course I know what symmetry is.  I’m also extremely glad that you’re curious to hear my thoughts. Dorian never had the best symmetry so he didn't meet all the criteria better.

I already explained to you why competitors may get scored differently in different rounds , it's obvious you can't follow along. Your comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. of course you know what symmetry is which is exactly why you elaborated on it when I asked you for your interpretation.  ::) I'll just except your claim Dorian never had the best symmetry with no explanation at all

Explain how and why height comes into play onstage.  Also with everything you’ve read of criteria, where do you see something referring to height?

Now you're modifying your question but I already answered this one as well.

What do you think that I think the rounds are judging: personality, aroma, intelligence?  Of course the rounds are judging the physiques.  It is a physique contest.  I’ll explain to you what you’ve done so that hopefully you won’t keep typing the same thing showing that you can’t comprehend what you are typing.  You once heard someone’s justification for why the best poser rarely wins the posing round and why the best physique usually does.  The answer generally given is that it isn’t a contest based on how well you move.  It is a contest based on the physique.  No one uses this same justification for the other rounds.  It is a given that the other rounds are physique rounds.  Of course I can say that Dorian should not have won the symmetry round.  If he looked the 5th best of the competitors onstage in the 4 relaxed poses then why would that put him first that round? 

you still don't get it  :-\  either you're trolling or you just are that dumb

I was once again trying to help you out.  If we all know that the symmetry of Flex, Kevin and Shawn was far superior and the conditioning of Andreas Munzer was usually better then what attribute is the one that’s able to trump symmetry and proportion?  Explain what Dorian had that no one else had that would put him at the top and explain what those three lacked.  If it isn’t size, symmetry or conditioning then let me guess, it’s his height.

Dorian meet more of ALL the criteria than all of them did which has been explained to you repeatedly

I have no need to run from statements I’ve made.  The statement that Dorian made in Flex about Flex is the only thing I’ve typed that I wasn’t sure about so I actually typed that.  I can’t remember the verbiage used and since Dorian wasn’t a judge then his opinion can only back my case so much.  This is barely an argument.  I’ve tried to help you out and make cases for your emotional outbursts but you don’t take the help.  You don’t really back what you say up much more than with some surface answer.  If this debate was being scored you would have lost a long time ago.  A filibuster isn’t going to get you anywhere on here.  You show that you have a problem with symmetry by the way you type.  If you can’t understand the natural flow of a sentence or English, why should I believe you can understand the flow of a physique?

Yawn more fluff on your end , like I said when you want to discuss the subject please learn what it is you're attempting to talk about.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Of course every round is a physique round.  What did you think symmetry is referring to?  It is the physique round where the balance  of the physique is judged.

Of course all rounds are physique rounds.  Height isn’t a part of the judging criteria because they follow a certain criteria.  They have it in writing just like the NPC has.  Without a standard, the judging is worthless.  I have no problems figuring out how Dorian won the symmetry and posing rounds.  It was a gift from the judges that wanted to stick with a certain physique.  Your thought that the ones that are biased are the ones that have gone against the decision that was made 6 times doesn’t make much sense.  The ones that think Dorian should be in the top 3 in symmetry have been brain washed.

Your original quote ( which is still WRONG ) the symmetry round , muscularity round and the posing rounds are the round where the balance of the physique of judged ALONG with the muscular bulk , muscle density , muscle dryness , muscle proportion , and posing & presentation there is NO round that only judges ' symmetry ' or balance or any other description you wanna use

Your ignorant conclusion to how Dorian won the symmetry & posing rounds is ' It was a gift from the judges that wanted to stick to a certain type of physique ' it wasn't a gift it was Dorian satisfying ALL of the criteria better than anyone he competed with. You DO NOT know how contests are judged which is how you come to this dumb conclusion.

Dorian won the symmetry and posing rounds compared to Shawn Ray & Kevin Levrone & Flex Wheeler , because he had better balance AND proportion AND muscular bulk AND muscle density AND muscle dryness AND he was more complete , these are the reasons why Dorian won the symmetry & posing rounds , get it?  ;)

powerbar

• Getbig IV
  • I am a good man.
I already explained to you why competitors may get scored differently in different rounds , it's obvious you can't follow along. Your comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. of course you know what symmetry is which is exactly why you elaborated on it when I asked you for your interpretation.   I'll just except your claim Dorian never had the best symmetry with no explanation at all

You can’t even comprehend what you’ve typed.  Your answer for how things are judged was pretty much Bill Dobbins’s article.  Are you Bill Dobbins?  You didn’t ask me to tell you the definition of symmetry.  You typed that you were interested in hearing my thoughts.  I made fun of that.  Dorian’s body lacked actual symmetry.  He didn’t have 2 torn biceps.   If you drew a line down the middle of Shawn’s body, each side looked almost identical.  Dorian’s didn’t.  Dorian’s body lacked the flow that Shawn’s had.  This can also be referred to symmetry.  What definition of symmetry do you think Dorian had over Shawn?  Post a thread named Dorian had better symmetry than Shawn Ray and see what percentage agree.  We both know that people that disagree will be the overwhelming majority.

Now you're modifying your question but I already answered this one as well.

I didn’t modify the question.  You couldn’t answer it in the beginning and you still can’t.

you still don't get it

What don’t I get?  That you have no way to answer my questions and still prove your point?

Dorian meet more of ALL the criteria than all of them did which has been explained to you repeatedly

He met some of the criteria.  He was not the most symmetrical.  He wasn’t the best conditioned a lot of times.  He wasn’t the most muscular.  He was near the top on a lot of the criteria.  You still can’t explain how Dorian had perfect scores in a round where symmetry is key.  The only argument here is how much you value each aspect.  If someone is missing an arm but is the best at everything else, how much should the lack of an arm hurt them.  How much should being the 10th best in a major judging category hurt their overall ranking?

Yawn more fluff on your end , like I said when you want to discuss the subject please learn what it is you're attempting to talk about.

Say I want to discuss something, why would I go to a near illiterate person who can’t comprehend what he’s typed or make a point to save his life?  It has also probably become rather obvious to you that you could be right in almost anything but due to your inferior ability to debate, fail to prove any point.

Your original quote ( which is still WRONG ) the symmetry round , muscularity round and the posing rounds are the round where the balance of the physique of judged ALONG with the muscular bulk , muscle density , muscle dryness , muscle proportion , and posing & presentation there is NO round that only judges ' symmetry ' or balance or any other description you wanna use

Who posted the Dobbins article because you obviously don’t agree with it.  His stance was that while everything may be judged in every round, the first round that is referred to as the symmetry round by many is called that because in the relaxed poses asymmetry and imbalances are harder to obscure.  By the way muscle dryness would be in reference to a dehydrated muscle which would be flat and probably show little detail.  Is this what you mean?  I don’t think it is.  This is just another example of you lacking articulation needed for a debate.  You have to type exactly what you mean.

Your ignorant conclusion to how Dorian won the symmetry & posing rounds is ' It was a gift from the judges that wanted to stick to a certain type of physique ' it wasn't a gift it was Dorian satisfying ALL of the criteria better than anyone he competed with. You DO NOT know how contests are judged which is how you come to this dumb conclusion.

You keep typing that he satisfied all of the criteria better yet you can’t conceed that he obviously didn’t have the best symmetry.  Without this you pretty much lose anyone that was going to agree with you.  It shows that you refuse to see the truth.  

Dorian won the symmetry and posing rounds compared to Shawn Ray & Kevin Levrone & Flex Wheeler , because he had better balance AND proportion AND muscular bulk AND muscle density AND muscle dryness AND he was more complete , these are the reasons why Dorian won the symmetry & posing rounds , get it?

Dorian doesn’t have better balance or proportions than Shawn, Kevin or Flex.  His physique lacked their flow.  Why is it that people look at Shawn and think that his physique looks better than Dorian’s? I’m not really even saying that Dorian didn’t deserve to win some of the time.  What I’m saying is that his symmetry wasn’t ranked anywhere close to that and in a round where his flaws were extremely obvious, he should not have been ranked where he was.  Some of the years he probably could overcome his weaknesses but pretending he didn’t have the weaknesses compared to these competitors isn’t being truthful.

Come get me.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
You can’t even comprehend what you’ve typed.  Your answer for how things are judged was pretty much Bill Dobbins’s article.  Are you Bill Dobbins?  You didn’t ask me to tell you the definition of symmetry.  You typed that you were interested in hearing my thoughts.  I made fun of that.  Dorian’s body lacked actual symmetry.  He didn’t have 2 torn biceps.   If you drew a line down the middle of Shawn’s body, each side looked almost identical.  Dorian’s didn’t.  Dorian’s body lacked the flow that Shawn’s had.  This can also be referred to symmetry.  What definition of symmetry do you think Dorian had over Shawn?  Post a thread named Dorian had better symmetry than Shawn Ray and see what percentage agree.  We both know that people that disagree will be the overwhelming majority.

I didn’t modify the question.  You couldn’t answer it in the beginning and you still can’t.

What don’t I get?  That you have no way to answer my questions and still prove your point?

He met some of the criteria.  He was not the most symmetrical.  He wasn’t the best conditioned a lot of times.  He wasn’t the most muscular.  He was near the top on a lot of the criteria.  You still can’t explain how Dorian had perfect scores in a round where symmetry is key.  The only argument here is how much you value each aspect.  If someone is missing an arm but is the best at everything else, how much should the lack of an arm hurt them.  How much should being the 10th best in a major judging category hurt their overall ranking?

Say I want to discuss something, why would I go to a near illiterate person who can’t comprehend what he’s typed or make a point to save his life?  It has also probably become rather obvious to you that you could be right in almost anything but due to your inferior ability to debate, fail to prove any point.

Who posted the Dobbins article because you obviously don’t agree with it.  His stance was that while everything may be judged in every round, the first round that is referred to as the symmetry round by many is called that because in the relaxed poses asymmetry and imbalances are harder to obscure.  By the way muscle dryness would be in reference to a dehydrated muscle which would be flat and probably show little detail.  Is this what you mean?  I don’t think it is.  This is just another example of you lacking articulation needed for a debate.  You have to type exactly what you mean.

You keep typing that he satisfied all of the criteria better yet you can’t conceed that he obviously didn’t have the best symmetry.  Without this you pretty much lose anyone that was going to agree with you.  It shows that you refuse to see the truth.  

Dorian doesn’t have better balance or proportions than Shawn, Kevin or Flex.  His physique lacked their flow.  Why is it that people look at Shawn and think that his physique looks better than Dorian’s? I’m not really even saying that Dorian didn’t deserve to win some of the time.  What I’m saying is that his symmetry wasn’t ranked anywhere close to that and in a round where his flaws were extremely obvious, he should not have been ranked where he was.  Some of the years he probably could overcome his weaknesses but pretending he didn’t have the weaknesses compared to these competitors isn’t being truthful.

No my answer for how things are judged wasn't only the Bill Dobbin's article , I also mentioned the IFBB judging criteria obviously with your comprehension issues you missed that as well. I bet you never even seen it so allow me  ;)

When assessing a competitor’s physique, a judge should follow a
routine procedure which will allow a comprehensive assessment of
the physique as a whole. During the comparisons of the
compulsory poses, the judge should first look at the primary
muscle group being displayed. The judge should then survey the
whole physique, starting from the head, and looking at every part
of the physique in a downward sequence, beginning with general
impressions, and looking for muscular bulk, balanced
development, muscular density and definition. The downward
survey should take in the head, neck, shoulders, chest, all of the
arm muscles, front of the trunk for pectorals, pec-delt tie-in,
abdominals, waist, thighs, legs, calves and feet. The same
procedure for back poses will also take in the upper and lower
trapezius, teres and infraspinatus, erector spinae, the gluteus
group, the leg biceps group at the back of the thighs, calves, and
feet. A detailed assessment of the various muscle groups should
be made during the comparisons, at which time it helps the judge
to compare muscle shape, density, and definition while still
bearing in mind the competitor’s overall balanced development.
The comparisons of the compulsory poses cannot be overemphasized
as these comparisons will help the judge to decide
which competitor has the superior physique from the standpoint of
muscular bulk, balanced development, muscular density and
definition.

Front Double Biceps (see Figure 1)
Standing face front to the judges, with the legs and feet
in-line and a short distance apart, the competitor will raise
both arms to shoulder level and bend them at the elbows.
The hands should be clenched and turned down so as to
cause a contraction of the biceps and forearm muscles,
which are the main muscle groups that are to be assessed
in this pose. In addition, the competitor should attempt
to contract as many other muscles as possible as the
judges will be surveying the whole physique, from head to
toe.

The judge will first survey the biceps muscles looking for a
full, peaked development of the muscle, noting whether
or not there is a defined split between the anterior and
posterior sections of the biceps, and will continue the
head-to-toe survey by observing the development of the
forearms, deltoids, pectorals, pec-delt tie-ins, abdominals,
thighs, and calves. The judge will also look for muscle
density, definition, and overall balance.

Front Lat Spread (see Figure 2)
Standing face front to the judges, with the legs and feet a
short distance apart, the competitor will place the open
hands, or clenched fists, against, or gripping, the lower
waist or obliques and will expand the latissimus muscles.
At the same time, the competitor should attempt to
contract as many other frontal muscles as possible. It
shall be strictly forbidden for the competitor to pull up on
the posing trunks so as to show the top inside of the
quadriceps.
The judge should first see whether the competitor can
show a good spread of the latissimus muscles, thereby
creating a V-shaped torso. Then the judge should
continue with the head-to-foot survey, noting first the
general aspectsof the physique and then concentrating on
the more detailed aspects of the various muscle groups.

3. Side Chest (see Figure 3)
The competitor may choose either side for this pose, in
order to display the “better” arm. He will stand with his
left or right side towards the judges and will bend the arm
nearest the judges to a right-angle position, with the fist
clenched and, with the other hand, will grasp the wrist.
The leg nearest the judges will be bent at the knee and
will rest on the toes. The competitor will then expand the
chest and by upward pressure of the front bent arm and
contract the biceps as much as possible. He will also
contract the thigh muscles, in particular, the biceps
femoris group, and by downward pressure on his toes,
will display the contracted calf muscles.
The judge will pay particular attention to the pectoral
muscles and the arch of the rib cage, the biceps, the leg
biceps and the calves, and will conclude with the head-tofoot
examination. In this pose the judge will be able to
survey the thigh and calf muscles in profile, which will
help in grading their comparative development more
accurately.

Back Double Biceps (see Figure 4)
Standing with his back to the judges, the competitor will
bend the arms and wrists as in the Front Double Biceps
pose, and will place one foot back, resting on the toes.
He will then contract the arm muscles as well as the
muscles of the shoulders, upper and lower back, thigh
and calf muscles.

The judge will first survey the arm muscles and then do
the head-to-foot survey, during which there are more
muscle groups to look at than in all of the other poses.
This includes the neck, deltoids, biceps, triceps, forearm,
trapezius, teres, infraspinatus, erector spinae, external
obliques, latissimus dorsi, gluteus, thigh biceps, and
calves. This pose, probably more than the others, will
help the judge to determine the quality of the
competitor’s muscle density, definition, and overall
balance.

Back Lat Spread (see Figure 5)
place his hands on his waist with his elbows kept wide,
one foot back and resting on the toes. He will then
contract the latissimus dorsi as wide as possible and
display a calf contraction by pressing downward on the
rear toes. The competitor should make an effort to
display the opposite calf to that which was displayed
during the back double biceps pose so the the judge may
assess both calf muscle equally. It shall be strictly
forbidden for the competitor to pull up on the posing
trunks so as to show the gluteus maximus muscles.
The judge will look for a good spread of the latissimus
dorsi, but also for good muscle density and will again
conclude with the head-to-foot survey.

6. Side Triceps (see Figure 6)
The competitor may choose either side for this pose so as
to show the “better” arm. He will stand with his left or
right side towards the judges and will place both arms
behind his back, either linking his fingers or grasping the
front arm by the wrist with his rear hand. The leg nearest
the judges will be bent at the knee and the foot will rest
flat on the floor. The competitor will exert pressure
against his front arm, thereby causing the triceps muscle
to contract. He will also raise the chest and contract the
abdominal muscles as well as the thigh and calf muscles.
The judge will first survey the triceps muscles, and
conclude with the head-to-foot examination. In this pose,
the judge will be able to survey the thigh and calf muscles
in profile, which will help in grading their comparative
development more accurately.

Abdominals and Thighs (see Figure 7)
Standing face front to the judges, the competitor will
place both arms behind the head and will place one leg
forward. He will then contract the abdominal muscles by
“crunching” the trunk slightly forward. At the same time,
he will contract the thigh muscles of the forward leg.
The judge will survey the abdominal and thigh muscles,
and then conclude with the head-to-foot examination.

Dorian’s body lacked actual symmetry.  He didn’t have 2 torn biceps.   If you drew a line down the middle of Shawn’s body, each side looked almost identical.  Dorian’s didn’t.  Dorian’s body lacked the flow that Shawn’s had.  This can also be referred to symmetry.  What definition of symmetry do you think Dorian had over Shawn?  Post a thread named Dorian had better symmetry than Shawn Ray and see what percentage agree.  We both know that people that disagree will be the overwhelming majority.
[/quote]

actually symmetry? your definition of actual symmetry is left/right exactness? LMFAO  ;D first thing you need to know sport is NOTHING in nature is truly symmetrical. and I especially love that lame default position of ' flow ' hehehehehehehe spoken like someone who doesn't know anything about ' symmetry ' in the bodybuilding context , you need to do some more research because the more you type the more you're exposing how little you know  ;D

And your proof that Shawn had better symmetry is ad populum? and I'm not saying that Dorian does have better ' symmetry ' per sa but your proof he does it popular opinion? more faulty logic on your behalf lol I'm gonna play Devil's advocate for you , Shawn could have better symmetry than Dorian and still lose the symmetry round , shall I explain to you again why?

Sure you did and I already answered how height comes into play

What don't you get? how contests are judged for starters , how Dorian can win the symmetry round , what symmetry is , what the IFBB judging criteria is , how to apply it , how to comprehend what is being typed , there is a LOT you don't get  :-\

You just proved my point again lmfao there is NO round where symmetry is key , where symmetry is judged as a sole entity. boy and I thought Hulkster was thick. Dorian was never lacking an ' arm ' for starters one bicep was shorter than another and I might agree that Dorian was never the most ' symmetrical ' depending on the context , and he wasn't the best conditioned?  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X boy you are digging yourself deeper and deeper , it's astounding how little you know yet are so positive in your ignorance lol and he wasn't the most muscular?  ??? the best part of all your gross overstatements is they are just declarations with no explanation or elaboration what so ever , of wait is this the part where I know have to ask you to explain yourself? or should he just take your ignorant expert opinion on the subject?

More fluff no substance  :-\ I'm starting to see a pattern here

I posted it to show YOU how there is NO round that judges symmetry alone and when knowing that ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS it's easy to see how and why Dorian won this round despite you point that he shouldn't. And it doesn't matter what the round is called it is NOT the only thing being judged , get this through your head. And muscle dryness would be a reference to dehydrated muscle which would be flat?  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  at first I thought you were just a gimmick looking to troll but then I thought maybe you're not but the absurdity of your comments can only draw one conclusion  :-\ if you're not a gimmick and actually believe this nonsense  :-X I'm trying to figure out which is worse

' dryness probably shows little detail '  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X

He wouldn't need the best symmetry to beat the guys who did , and go learn what symmetry is while you're at it because it's obvious you're trying to learn on the fly with your Google searches  ::) Dorian rarely had the best ' symmetry ' and always won the symmetry rounds with straight firsts I'm better with your limited abilities you still can't comprehend why. he was almost ( according to you ) never the most muscular , or best conditioned and his symmetry sucked , this begs the question . HOW THE FUCK DID HE DOMINATE THE SPORT FOR YEARS ON END? Oh I know according to you it was a ' gift ' from judges who wanted to keep a certain type of physique haahhahahaha and you have the audacity to claim I don't know how to argue? hehehehehehehe

He doesn't have better balance & proportions than Shawn , Kevin or Flex? ( more blanket statements with NO elaboration of points you have nerve saying I don't know how to argue lol ) we'll just take your word he doesn't  ::) and there it is again , the old ' flow ' hahahahahaha , people look at Shawn and his physique is more aesthetically pleasing so they feel he should have won despite is flaws and despite not meeting ALL of the criteria better than Dorian , it doesn't matter what people feel , like you , they don't know how contests are judged and base everything on how they feel , emotions don't dictate contests kid you still have a ton to learn

And I never once pretended that he didn't have any weaknesses compared to his competition , once again you're arguing a point NO ONE ever made , I'm explaining that despite his flaws he can still beat them by satisfying more of the criteria better than the rest , a concept you still can't grasp.  Now how about the fact that the high and low scores are toss out? I better you knew this too  ::) knowing this as well it would make you comprehend a little better how Dorian can still dominate ( Google that one too  :D )

We've established you don't have the slightest clue on how contests are judged and jumped to conclusions before knowing actual facts , you committed yourself way to early and ended up looking really stupid in the process , now you're embarrassed because you're in over your head and are trying desperately to save face , it's not working. You're a proud man but pride isn't going to save you from the ridiculous statements you're typing but hey have at it , I made a GetBig career out of exposing ignorant people just ask Hulkster  :D  ;)

erics

• Getbig III
3. Side Chest (see Figure 3)... The competitor will then expand the chest and ... The judge will pay particular attention to the pectoral muscles and the arch of the rib cage...

Boy, haven't seen this one in a long time...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
HAHAHA, Martinez at his best wouldn't even place top 5 in the late 90's mix with those guys.
Damn skippy!

powerbar

• Getbig IV
  • I am a good man.
Here is something I haven’t asked you yet.  How many competitions have you competed in?  How many judges have approached you and talked to you about why you were judged the way you were?  How many critiques have you received?  

The same
procedure for back poses will also take in the upper and lower
trapezius, teres and infraspinatus, erector spinae, the gluteus
group, the leg biceps group at the back of the thighs, calves, and
feet.

I never realized that feet were judged.  I’d hate to think that someone could lose due to feet.
When assessing a competitor’s physique, a judge should follow a
routine procedure which will allow a comprehensive assessment of
the physique as a whole. During the comparisons of the
compulsory poses, the judge should first look at the primary
muscle group being displayed. The judge should then survey the
whole physique, starting from the head, and looking at every part
of the physique in a downward sequence, beginning with general
impressions, and looking for muscular bulk, balanced
development, muscular density and definition. The downward
survey should take in the head, neck, shoulders, chest, all of the
arm muscles, front of the trunk for pectorals, pec-delt tie-in,
abdominals, waist, thighs, legs, calves and feet. A detailed assessment of the various muscle groups should
be made during the comparisons, at which time it helps the judge
to compare muscle shape, density, and definition while still
bearing in mind the competitor’s overall balanced development.
The comparisons of the compulsory poses cannot be overemphasized
as these comparisons will help the judge to decide
which competitor has the superior physique from the standpoint of
muscular bulk, balanced development, muscular density and
definition.

Front Double Biceps (see Figure 1)
Standing face front to the judges, with the legs and feet
in-line and a short distance apart, the competitor will raise
both arms to shoulder level and bend them at the elbows.
The hands should be clenched and turned down so as to
cause a contraction of the biceps and forearm muscles,
which are the main muscle groups that are to be assessed
in this pose. In addition, the competitor should attempt
to contract as many other muscles as possible as the
judges will be surveying the whole physique, from head to
toe.

The judge will first survey the biceps muscles looking for a
full, peaked development of the muscle, noting whether
or not there is a defined split between the anterior and
posterior sections of the biceps, and will continue the
head-to-toe survey by observing the development of the
forearms, deltoids, pectorals, pec-delt tie-ins, abdominals,
thighs, and calves. The judge will also look for muscle
density, definition, and overall balance.

Front Lat Spread (see Figure 2)
Standing face front to the judges, with the legs and feet a
short distance apart, the competitor will place the open
hands, or clenched fists, against, or gripping, the lower
waist or obliques and will expand the latissimus muscles.
At the same time, the competitor should attempt to
contract as many other frontal muscles as possible. It
shall be strictly forbidden for the competitor to pull up on
the posing trunks so as to show the top inside of the
quadriceps.
The judge should first see whether the competitor can
show a good spread of the latissimus muscles, thereby
creating a V-shaped torso. Then the judge should
continue with the head-to-foot survey, noting first the
general aspectsof the physique and then concentrating on
the more detailed aspects of the various muscle groups.

3. Side Chest (see Figure 3)
The competitor may choose either side for this pose, in
order to display the “better” arm. He will stand with his
left or right side towards the judges and will bend the arm
nearest the judges to a right-angle position, with the fist
clenched and, with the other hand, will grasp the wrist.
The leg nearest the judges will be bent at the knee and
will rest on the toes. The competitor will then expand the
chest and by upward pressure of the front bent arm and
contract the biceps as much as possible. He will also
contract the thigh muscles, in particular, the biceps
femoris group, and by downward pressure on his toes,
will display the contracted calf muscles.
The judge will pay particular attention to the pectoral
muscles and the arch of the rib cage, the biceps, the leg
biceps and the calves, and will conclude with the head-tofoot
examination. In this pose the judge will be able to
survey the thigh and calf muscles in profile, which will
help in grading their comparative development more
accurately.

Back Double Biceps (see Figure 4)
bend the arms and wrists as in the Front Double Biceps
pose, and will place one foot back, resting on the toes.
He will then contract the arm muscles as well as the
muscles of the shoulders, upper and lower back, thigh
and calf muscles.

The judge will first survey the arm muscles and then do
the head-to-foot survey, during which there are more
muscle groups to look at than in all of the other poses.
This includes the neck, deltoids, biceps, triceps, forearm,
trapezius, teres, infraspinatus, erector spinae, external
obliques, latissimus dorsi, gluteus, thigh biceps, and
calves. This pose, probably more than the others, will
help the judge to determine the quality of the
competitor’s muscle density, definition, and overall
balance.

Back Lat Spread (see Figure 5)
place his hands on his waist with his elbows kept wide,
one foot back and resting on the toes. He will then
contract the latissimus dorsi as wide as possible and
display a calf contraction by pressing downward on the
rear toes. The competitor should make an effort to
display the opposite calf to that which was displayed
during the back double biceps pose so the the judge may
assess both calf muscle equally. It shall be strictly
forbidden for the competitor to pull up on the posing
trunks so as to show the gluteus maximus muscles.
The judge will look for a good spread of the latissimus
dorsi, but also for good muscle density and will again
conclude with the head-to-foot survey.

6. Side Triceps (see Figure 6)
The competitor may choose either side for this pose so as
to show the “better” arm. He will stand with his left or
right side towards the judges and will place both arms
behind his back, either linking his fingers or grasping the
front arm by the wrist with his rear hand. The leg nearest
the judges will be bent at the knee and the foot will rest
flat on the floor. The competitor will exert pressure
against his front arm, thereby causing the triceps muscle
to contract. He will also raise the chest and contract the
abdominal muscles as well as the thigh and calf muscles.
The judge will first survey the triceps muscles, and
conclude with the head-to-foot examination. In this pose,
the judge will be able to survey the thigh and calf muscles
in profile, which will help in grading their comparative
development more accurately.

Abdominals and Thighs (see Figure 7)
Standing face front to the judges, the competitor will
place both arms behind the head and will place one leg
forward. He will then contract the abdominal muscles by
“crunching” the trunk slightly forward. At the same time,
he will contract the thigh muscles of the forward leg.
The judge will survey the abdominal and thigh muscles,
and then conclude with the head-to-foot examination.

I like the part where it says that height is judged and that arm muscularity doesn’t matter.  You didn’t type the judging criteria for the symmetry round.  This criteria still lands Dorian in the same position.  He’s playing catch up in any pose where his arms are visible.  Your stance has to be that he can overcome this.  If your stance is that it isn’t noticeable or that it actually looks better to have a torn biceps then you’re fighting a losing battle.  
actually symmetry? your definition of actual symmetry is left/right exactness? LMFAO   first thing you need to know sport is NOTHING in nature is truly symmetrical. and I especially love that lame default position of ' flow ' hehehehehehehe spoken like someone who doesn't know anything about ' symmetry ' in the bodybuilding context , you need to do some more research because the more you type the more you're exposing how little you know  

Symmetry (from the Greek: "__________" = to measure together), generally conveys two primary meanings. The first is an imprecise sense of harmonious or aesthetically pleasing proportionality and balance;[1][2] such that it reflects beauty or perfection. The second meaning is a precise and well-defined concept of balance or "patterned self-similarity" that can be demonstrated or proved according to the rules of a formal system: by geometry, through physics or otherwise.

If you want to make up a definition for symmetry and use it then you need to define it.  Otherwise you can’t use it in an argument.  When I’ve typed symmetry this is what I’ve been referring to.  I will not pretend to know the definition you’ve conjured up in your head.  
And your proof that Shawn had better symmetry is ad populum? and I'm not saying that Dorian does have better ' symmetry ' per sa but your proof he does it popular opinion? more faulty logic on your behalf lol I'm gonna play Devil's advocate for you , Shawn could have better symmetry than Dorian and still lose the symmetry round , shall I explain to you again why?

You need a better grasp of logic and English to be able to win a debate with me.  My stance was and still is that in a round where Dorian is unable to hide his poor arm shape and asymmetry, there is no reason to rank him above Shawn.  If Shawn should have been ranked higher after the relaxed poses then most if not all of Dorian’s scores would have been different.  If one round was gifted to him then the credibility of the final outcome is minimal.  So you think Dorian having a torn biceps was also just popular opinion and lacked factual evidence?
Sure you did and I already answered how height comes into play

Explain how I modified a question and explain how height is a judging criteria.  Neither Dobbins nor the muscular round criteria mentioned it. If you typed your height explanation as a rebuttal to someone else’s post then I probably didn’t read it.
What don't you get? how contests are judged for starters , how Dorian can win the symmetry round , what symmetry is , what the IFBB judging criteria is , how to apply it , how to comprehend what is being typed , there is a LOT you don't get  

You keep telling me I don’t get things yet you can’t really explain how you’ve come to this conclusion.  You say my definition is wrong of words you can look up in a dictionary.  You say that I’ve given into popular opinion yet the popular opinion is that Dorian should have been crowned Mr. Olympia.  If you’re so against popular opinion then why aren’t you in that instance?  Just because something is popular opinion doesn’t make it right or wrong.  
You just proved my point again lmfao there is NO round where symmetry is key , where symmetry is judged as a sole entity. boy and I thought Hulkster was thick. Dorian was never lacking an ' arm ' for starters one bicep was shorter than another and I might agree that Dorian was never the most ' symmetrical ' depending on the context , and he wasn't the best conditioned?           boy you are digging yourself deeper and deeper , it's astounding how little you know yet are so positive in your ignorance lol and he wasn't the most muscular?   the best part of all your gross overstatements is they are just declarations with no explanation or elaboration what so ever , of wait is this the part where I know have to ask you to explain yourself? or should he just take your ignorant expert opinion on the subject?

So in a round where you have to stand with your arms at your sides and not contort your body, symmetry of the entire body is as easy to see as it is in a round where if you wanted you could never make one quarter turn?  You really stand by that?  Did I type that there is a round where only symmetry is judged and the rest of the physique isn’t.  If I didn’t then you arguing against that is a waste of time.  Where did you get your kinesiology degree?  Bicep isn’t really a word.  The one you are looking for is biceps.  Each muscle is two headed which indicates where the moniker came from.  Thinking that biceps means muscles from both arms is incorrect.  

In 93 Hamdullah Aykutlu and Andreas Munzer were in the lineup.  At best Dorian would be 3rd in conditioning to these guys that year.  Lee Priest competed with a higher LBMI than Dorian in 97.  This means that per unit of height, Lee had more mass.
I'm starting to see a pattern here

I’m starting to see a pattern as well.  You have pretty much given up on making points and are hoping to just outlast me.  Use logic or inconsistencies to prove your points.  Must I debate both sides?  I’m actually doing a better job of making a case for you than you are.
I posted it to show YOU how there is NO round that judges symmetry alone and when knowing that ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS it's easy to see how and why Dorian won this round despite you point that he shouldn't. And it doesn't matter what the round is called it is NOT the only thing being judged , get this through your head. And muscle dryness would be a reference to dehydrated muscle which would be flat?          at first I thought you were just a gimmick looking to troll but then I thought maybe you're not but the absurdity of your comments can only draw one conclusion   if you're not a gimmick and actually believe this nonsense   I'm trying to figure out which is worse

' dryness probably shows little detail '  

Well when you posted it you forgot that it doesn’t say that symmetry and proportion are not factors in any of the rounds.  It also said why the first round is often called the symmetry round.  These names didn’t come out of the sky.  Your belief that they did is puzzling.  Your thought that different aspects or muscles cannot be hidden to some extent in different rounds or poses also doesn’t make sense to me.  I’m still trying to help you you see.  You really don’t make any points besides typing that I’m wrong.  
He wouldn't need the best symmetry to beat the guys who did , and go learn what symmetry is while you're at it because it's obvious you're trying to learn on the fly with your Google searches   Dorian rarely had the best ' symmetry ' and always won the symmetry rounds with straight firsts I'm better with your limited abilities you still can't comprehend why. he was almost ( according to you ) never the most muscular , or best conditioned and his symmetry sucked , this begs the question . HOW THE FUCK DID HE DOMINATE THE SPORT FOR YEARS ON END? Oh I know according to you it was a ' gift ' from judges who wanted to keep a certain type of physique haahhahahaha and you have the audacity to claim I don't know how to argue? hehehehehehehe

If the guy with nowhere near the best symmetry always won the symmetry round then chances are the system is flawed.  I’m not trying to learn on the fly.  As a competitive bodybuilder I kind of felt it was important to find out what I would be judged on over a decade ago.
I'm better with your limited abilities you still can't comprehend why

You’re right.  I can’t comprehend this and I doubt anyone else can with any level of certainty.  

Dorian wasn’t always the most muscular but he always ranked high in this criteria.  I actually told you in the beginning that this is what he had over most of his competitors.  He was usually the biggest guy onstage.  He usually had some of the best conditioning on the stage but probably only had the best conditioning in the show twice.  His symmetry didn’t necessarily suck.  His symmetry when compared to Shawn Ray, Chris Cormier, Charles Clairmonte, Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Mike Francois, Aaron Baker, Vince Taylor or Lee Lebrada always ranked lower.  Bodybuilding is scored on a ranking system.  Dorian dominated because the judges decided to make him the standard instead of judging the criteria.  They looked at it as whose physique has bettered the reigning Mr. Olympia.  Dorian’s or Ronnie or Jay is going to have an advantage when they were last year’s ideal.  The competitors realize this and that’s why guys like Cutler or James didn’t seek to improve their physiques.  They tried to do what they had to do to beat the reigning champ.  Nasser and Flex did the same thing to try to hunt down  Dorian.  Both were better before they tried to play the size race with Dorian.  Shawn didn’t play the game.  He tried to tweak a near flawless physique to become closer to what he saw as ideal.  I’ve backed everything up that I’ve typed.  You have backed little up even when you’ve been asked repeatedly.  You may know how to argue but if that’s true then you’re showing that you’re better at giving up.

He doesn't have better balance & proportions than Shawn , Kevin or Flex? ( more blanket statements with NO elaboration of points you have nerve saying I don't know how to argue lol ) we'll just take your word he doesn't   and there it is again , the old ' flow ' hahahahahaha , people look at Shawn and his physique is more aesthetically pleasing so they feel he should have won despite is flaws and despite not meeting ALL of the criteria better than Dorian , it doesn't matter what people feel , like you , they don't know how contests are judged and base everything on how they feel , emotions don't dictate contests kid you still have a ton to learn

I can spell it out to you if you’re not understanding.  Shawn didn’t have a torn biceps.  He didn’t have calves that were noticeably bigger than his upper arms.  Shawn didn’t have a less dramatic taper or a protruding abdomen from the side.  Shawn’s calves didn’t make his upper legs look small.  Shawn didn’t have a chest that lacked shape in certain areas.  He didn’t have arms that lacked detail from certain angles.  Shawn didn’t have inferior muscle shape in almost every muscle group.
And I never once pretended that he didn't have any weaknesses compared to his competition , once again you're arguing a point NO ONE ever made , I'm explaining that despite his flaws he can still beat them by satisfying more of the criteria better than the rest , a concept you still can't grasp.  Now how about the fact that the high and low scores are toss out? I better you knew this too   knowing this as well it would make you comprehend a little better how Dorian can still dominate ( Google that one too  

Once again you’re right that I can’t comprehend what you’ve typed.  I don’t know if you didn’t pay attention in the 5th grade or grew up in a country where English wasn’t spoken.  I’ve competed and looked at my scorecard before so I don’t have to google that.  You may not have pretended that he didn’t have major weaknesses but you sure avoided the subject and wanted me to spell everything out for you.  The question here really is if a competitor places in the bottom half of a major judging criteria, how much better in everything else does he have to be to offset his weakness.  I’d say he has to be quite a bit better in everything else to make up for his weakness.  Being a little more conditioned than all but 3 competitors and slightly bigger than the ones that owned you in a weakness doesn’t equate to domination.  
We've established you don't have the slightest clue on how contests are judged and jumped to conclusions before knowing actual facts , you committed yourself way to early and ended up looking really stupid in the process , now you're embarrassed because you're in over your head and are trying desperately to save face , it's not working. You're a proud man but pride isn't going to save you from the ridiculous statements you're typing but hey have at it , I made a GetBig career out of exposing ignorant people just ask Hulkster    

How does a guy with college degrees that’s talked to judges about judging, eaten dinner with a judge, read critiques from judges and been in or around the scene for the biggest part of his life not have the slightest clue about how contests are judged?  You haven’t established that so if we use logic that means you’ve got a track record for not being able to prove things you think you have.  What actual fact don’t I know?  That feet are being judged?  That’s the only thing that I learned from all of this.  You haven’t the ability to make me look stupid.  You are a mental midget compared to me and the pages of this thread are evidence.  You appear to have way more time on your hands and more value as a person placed on your getbig posts than I do.  If I fail to respond to something it will be due to this inequality, not my ignorance.

Come get me.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Here is something I haven’t asked you yet.  How many competitions have you competed in?  How many judges have approached you and talked to you about why you were judged the way you were?  How many critiques have you received?  

I never realized that feet were judged.  I’d hate to think that someone could lose due to feet.
I like the part where it says that height is judged and that arm muscularity doesn’t matter.  You didn’t type the judging criteria for the symmetry round.  This criteria still lands Dorian in the same position.  He’s playing catch up in any pose where his arms are visible.  Your stance has to be that he can overcome this.  If your stance is that it isn’t noticeable or that it actually looks better to have a torn biceps then you’re fighting a losing battle.  
Symmetry (from the Greek: "__________" = to measure together), generally conveys two primary meanings. The first is an imprecise sense of harmonious or aesthetically pleasing proportionality and balance;[1][2] such that it reflects beauty or perfection. The second meaning is a precise and well-defined concept of balance or "patterned self-similarity" that can be demonstrated or proved according to the rules of a formal system: by geometry, through physics or otherwise.

If you want to make up a definition for symmetry and use it then you need to define it.  Otherwise you can’t use it in an argument.  When I’ve typed symmetry this is what I’ve been referring to.  I will not pretend to know the definition you’ve conjured up in your head.  
You need a better grasp of logic and English to be able to win a debate with me.  My stance was and still is that in a round where Dorian is unable to hide his poor arm shape and asymmetry, there is no reason to rank him above Shawn.  If Shawn should have been ranked higher after the relaxed poses then most if not all of Dorian’s scores would have been different.  If one round was gifted to him then the credibility of the final outcome is minimal.  So you think Dorian having a torn biceps was also just popular opinion and lacked factual evidence?
Explain how I modified a question and explain how height is a judging criteria.  Neither Dobbins nor the muscular round criteria mentioned it. If you typed your height explanation as a rebuttal to someone else’s post then I probably didn’t read it.
You keep telling me I don’t get things yet you can’t really explain how you’ve come to this conclusion.  You say my definition is wrong of words you can look up in a dictionary.  You say that I’ve given into popular opinion yet the popular opinion is that Dorian should have been crowned Mr. Olympia.  If you’re so against popular opinion then why aren’t you in that instance?  Just because something is popular opinion doesn’t make it right or wrong.  
So in a round where you have to stand with your arms at your sides and not contort your body, symmetry of the entire body is as easy to see as it is in a round where if you wanted you could never make one quarter turn?  You really stand by that?  Did I type that there is a round where only symmetry is judged and the rest of the physique isn’t.  If I didn’t then you arguing against that is a waste of time.  Where did you get your kinesiology degree?  Bicep isn’t really a word.  The one you are looking for is biceps.  Each muscle is two headed which indicates where the moniker came from.  Thinking that biceps means muscles from both arms is incorrect.  

In 93 Hamdullah Aykutlu and Andreas Munzer were in the lineup.  At best Dorian would be 3rd in conditioning to these guys that year.  Lee Priest competed with a higher LBMI than Dorian in 97.  This means that per unit of height, Lee had more mass.
I’m starting to see a pattern as well.  You have pretty much given up on making points and are hoping to just outlast me.  Use logic or inconsistencies to prove your points.  Must I debate both sides?  I’m actually doing a better job of making a case for you than you are.
Well when you posted it you forgot that it doesn’t say that symmetry and proportion are not factors in any of the rounds.  It also said why the first round is often called the symmetry round.  These names didn’t come out of the sky.  Your belief that they did is puzzling.  Your thought that different aspects or muscles cannot be hidden to some extent in different rounds or poses also doesn’t make sense to me.  I’m still trying to help you you see.  You really don’t make any points besides typing that I’m wrong.  
If the guy with nowhere near the best symmetry always won the symmetry round then chances are the system is flawed.  I’m not trying to learn on the fly.  As a competitive bodybuilder I kind of felt it was important to find out what I would be judged on over a decade ago.
You’re right.  I can’t comprehend this and I doubt anyone else can with any level of certainty.  

Dorian wasn’t always the most muscular but he always ranked high in this criteria.  I actually told you in the beginning that this is what he had over most of his competitors.  He was usually the biggest guy onstage.  He usually had some of the best conditioning on the stage but probably only had the best conditioning in the show twice.  His symmetry didn’t necessarily suck.  His symmetry when compared to Shawn Ray, Chris Cormier, Charles Clairmonte, Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Mike Francois, Aaron Baker, Vince Taylor or Lee Lebrada always ranked lower.  Bodybuilding is scored on a ranking system.  Dorian dominated because the judges decided to make him the standard instead of judging the criteria.  They looked at it as whose physique has bettered the reigning Mr. Olympia.  Dorian’s or Ronnie or Jay is going to have an advantage when they were last year’s ideal.  The competitors realize this and that’s why guys like Cutler or James didn’t seek to improve their physiques.  They tried to do what they had to do to beat the reigning champ.  Nasser and Flex did the same thing to try to hunt down  Dorian.  Both were better before they tried to play the size race with Dorian.  Shawn didn’t play the game.  He tried to tweak a near flawless physique to become closer to what he saw as ideal.  I’ve backed everything up that I’ve typed.  You have backed little up even when you’ve been asked repeatedly.  You may know how to argue but if that’s true then you’re showing that you’re better at giving up.

I can spell it out to you if you’re not understanding.  Shawn didn’t have a torn biceps.  He didn’t have calves that were noticeably bigger than his upper arms.  Shawn didn’t have a less dramatic taper or a protruding abdomen from the side.  Shawn’s calves didn’t make his upper legs look small.  Shawn didn’t have a chest that lacked shape in certain areas.  He didn’t have arms that lacked detail from certain angles.  Shawn didn’t have inferior muscle shape in almost every muscle group.
Once again you’re right that I can’t comprehend what you’ve typed.  I don’t know if you didn’t pay attention in the 5th grade or grew up in a country where English wasn’t spoken.  I’ve competed and looked at my scorecard before so I don’t have to google that.  You may not have pretended that he didn’t have major weaknesses but you sure avoided the subject and wanted me to spell everything out for you.  The question here really is if a competitor places in the bottom half of a major judging criteria, how much better in everything else does he have to be to offset his weakness.  I’d say he has to be quite a bit better in everything else to make up for his weakness.  Being a little more conditioned than all but 3 competitors and slightly bigger than the ones that owned you in a weakness doesn’t equate to domination.  

How does a guy with college degrees that’s talked to judges about judging, eaten dinner with a judge, read critiques from judges and been in or around the scene for the biggest part of his life not have the slightest clue about how contests are judged?  You haven’t established that so if we use logic that means you’ve got a track record for not being able to prove things you think you have.  What actual fact don’t I know?  That feet are being judged?  That’s the only thing that I learned from all of this.  You haven’t the ability to make me look stupid.  You are a mental midget compared to me and the pages of this thread are evidence.  You appear to have way more time on your hands and more value as a person placed on your getbig posts than I do.  If I fail to respond to something it will be due to this inequality, not my ignorance.

None , has nothing to do with how contests are judged when in fact most competitors don't which is why they always bitch about their placings

You never realized a lot because you never knew the criteria which is painfully obvious. I didn't type the criteria for the symmetry round? yes I did and why? because ALL of the criteria is used in the symmetry round , a fact you still can't seem to grasp. Stop assuming my stance and ask , I already explained Dorian can lose multiple poses and still win the round another concept you're obvious to

I didn't ask for the textbook definition of symmetry thanks again for proving you DO NOT know what you're talking about , symmetry in the bodybuilding context has a few meanings I can explain this to you if you'd like or just correct your next Google search?

I don't need to make anything up and I don't need to search for the answer and why? I already know it. there is NO debate in order for there to be a debate you would have to know what you're talking about and I've shown multiple times you don't ( dryness cause the muscles to be flat?  :-\ ) symmetry in the bodybuilding context has a more than a few meanings want me to teach you more? just ask.

I explained how height plays into a contest and never maintained it was a major part but it does come into play. popular opinion isn't proof it only proves a position is popular not true. and the minority picked Yates as Mr Olympia ( 12 or 13 judges ) this isn't American Idol where the masses pick the winner

You did claim Dorian should have won the symmetry round because his bicep was torn I explained that he could lose a few poses and still win the round ( the highs & lows are tossed , I'm sure you knew this as well ) because ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE rounds , muscular bulk ( and the rest of the criteria ) are just as important in the ' symmetry ' round as symmetry

n 93 Hamdullah Aykutlu and Andreas Munzer were in the lineup.  At best Dorian would be 3rd in conditioning to these guys that year.  Lee Priest competed with a higher LBMI than Dorian in 97.  This means that per unit of height, Lee had more mass.

3rd in conditioning? Dorian is unmatched in conditioning dryness and density while carrying mass , more to conditioning than just having striations , Hammdullah was 176lbs easy to be ripped when you're that light try it at almost 260lbs , same with Munzer . guy was ripped and dry ( not not flat ) but didn't exactly carry much size Dorian was hard , dry , ripped and massive

Your thought that different aspects or muscles cannot be hidden to some extent in different rounds or poses also doesn’t make sense to me.  I’m still trying to help you you see.  You really don’t make any points besides typing that I’m wrong.  

The system if not flawed , you still can't grasp the basics  :-\  Dorian can win the symmetry round without having the best symmetry and why? ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS the system is NOT flawed , just your comprehension. and entertaining you are a competitive bodybuilder doesn't mean much , Chris Cormier couldn't grasp how Jay Cutler won the symmetry round when he beat him at the Arnold , tons of athletes don't know how contests are judged nothing new.

Dorian always was the most muscular , in terms of conditioned size absolutely , carrying the most muscular size while being hard and dry he stands alone. I'm sure you believe you backed up everything you typed ( with your unrelated Google searches ) but you're in way over your head , you're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts and you've provided NONE of those.

can spell it out to you if you’re not understanding.  Shawn didn’t have a torn biceps.  He didn’t have calves that were noticeably bigger than his upper arms.  Shawn didn’t have a less dramatic taper or a protruding abdomen from the side.  Shawn’s calves didn’t make his upper legs look small.  Shawn didn’t have a chest that lacked shape in certain areas.  He didn’t have arms that lacked detail from certain angles.  Shawn didn’t have inferior muscle shape in almost every muscle group.

Shawn didn't touch Dorian in muscular bulk , muscle balance & proportion , density & dryness I'm sure you'll disagree but bodybuilding history proves me right and you wrong , disagree all you'd like it doesn't change the facts and the fact is Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates stood before 12 judges and the IFBB judging criteria was assessed and Dorian satisfied the criteria better than Shawn , you can do what you like with the information the facts aren't gonna change

I've explained this to you already many times. You're the one questioning how Dorian could win the symmetry round with a torn bicep this is how you don't have the slightest clue on how contests are judged , as does the fact you did NOT know ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS , this is another example of you not knowing how contests are judged , you never seeing the IFBB judging criteria until I just posted is another example of you not know how contests are judged , you erroneously thinking a dry muscle is a flat muscle shows you do NOT know how contests ate judged , shall I continue? because I can. You don't know and nothing wrong with not knowing , hell I never knew until I decided to learn , where you run into trouble is spouting off like you do know and then out of foolish pride sticking to your lame story

I don't have the ability to make you look stupid , YOU DO and you have been doing a fantastic job thus far. I'm a mental midget compared to you  ;D says the guy who is using every faulty position and weak logic and ad homenin attacks , your Google searches aren't helping either Mr competitor without blue stars  ;)

respond or not I don't care , I post it's what I do. If you don't post have fun licking your wounds  ;D and if you do your pride isn't gonna save you because it's only gonna get worse from here on out.

You decide  ;)

powerbar

• Getbig IV
  • I am a good man.
None , has nothing to do with how contests are judged when in fact most competitors don't which is why they always bitch about their placings

Well I’m not saying that you have to have competed to know anything about judging but if you’ve been judged and had conversations with those judges about why you placed where you did, then it kind of leaves a lot of the guess work out of it.

You never realized a lot because you never knew the criteria which is painfully obvious. I didn't type the criteria for the symmetry round? yes I did and why? because ALL of the criteria is used in the symmetry round , a fact you still can't seem to grasp. Stop assuming my stance and ask , I already explained Dorian can lose multiple poses and still win the round another concept you're obvious to

What of the criteria do you think I didn’t know?  Years ago I bought posing videos made by an IFBB judge that goes through how one should pose.  Don’t you think that he damn near read the criteria in the video?  You have had your chance to make points and you haven’t.  I’ve asked you for some and you don’t respond.  What more should I do?  When you stand relaxed both arms are exposed and when you do a side chest pose only one biceps is exposed.  This is a concept you fail to understand. 

Explain what you think Symmetry is.  You’ve had your shot.  You wondered what mine was.  Then you claimed you asked me.  Then I gave you examples and definitions.  Do you see how this really isn’t a debate?  Calling me wrong just doesn’t cut it. 

I don't need to make anything up and I don't need to search for the answer and why? I already know it. there is NO debate in order for there to be a debate you would have to know what you're talking about and I've shown multiple times you don't ( dryness cause the muscles to be flat?   ) symmetry in the bodybuilding context has a more than a few meanings want me to teach you more? just ask.

Of course a dehydrated muscle is flat.  If you had a kinesiology degree or competed in something where the muscle was actually becoming dryer then you’d know.  Typing just doesn’t get it done.  What do you think most of muscle’s mass is, confetti?  You’re probably thinking that low amounts of subcutaneous water make someone look more defined which is the case but I don’t want to put words in your mouth.  You should be capable of explaining how I’m wrong or how you’re right.  Either will do.  You haven’t taught me anything besides the fact that you don’t really understand the concept of a debate and fail to understand logic.

I explained how height plays into a contest and never maintained it was a major part but it does come into play. popular opinion isn't proof it only proves a position is popular not true. and the minority picked Yates as Mr Olympia ( 12 or 13 judges ) this isn't American Idol where the masses pick the winner

Did you do a poll to reach this conclusion?  Do you believe that height was just left out of the article and criteria you posted?  Neither brought it up as even being a minor judging criteria.

You did claim Dorian should have won the symmetry round because his bicep was torn I explained that he could lose a few poses and still win the round ( the highs & lows are tossed , I'm sure you knew this as well ) because ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE rounds , muscular bulk ( and the rest of the criteria ) are just as important in the ' symmetry ' round as symmetry

I didn’t claim that Dorian should have ever won the symmetry round.  Many of his flaws were glaring in this round because he couldn’t contort his body. 

3rd in conditioning? Dorian is unmatched in conditioning dryness and density while carrying mass , more to conditioning than just having striations , Hammdullah was 176lbs easy to be ripped when you're that light try it at almost 260lbs , same with Munzer . guy was ripped and dry ( not not flat ) but didn't exactly carry much size Dorian was hard , dry , ripped and massive

Get off your fat ass and attempt to be as lean as Hammdullah.  You want me to tell you how that will play out if you do try?  You’ll fail.  Now I was making my point and I did.  I told you that Dorian wasn’t always the biggest, many times he wasn’t in the best condition and his symmetry landed him out of the top 5.  I don’t have to type anymore about that.  I proved it and you didn’t deny it.  You brought up muscular size. 

The system if not flawed , you still can't grasp the basics    Dorian can win the symmetry round without having the best symmetry and why? ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS the system is NOT flawed , just your comprehension. and entertaining you are a competitive bodybuilder doesn't mean much , Chris Cormier couldn't grasp how Jay Cutler won the symmetry round when he beat him at the Arnold , tons of athletes don't know how contests are judged nothing new.

What makes you think that all of the rounds are physique rounds?  Bodybuilding is about personality.  Symmetry is in reference to how a person meshes with other people in certain social situations.  I think we all know that.  The only round that has anything to do with how a physique looks is the posedown.

Dorian always was the most muscular , in terms of conditioned size absolutely , carrying the most muscular size while being hard and dry he stands alone. I'm sure you believe you backed up everything you typed ( with your unrelated Google searches ) but you're in way over your head , you're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts and you've provided NONE of those.

So I have to come up with facts and you don’t have to even back any point or make one for that matter?  That seems a little inconsistent.  Estimate bodyfat of each competitor and then figure out their BMI.  Who is bigger will be who has the biggest number.  I’m not in way over my head.  I’m light years above the competition.  I’ve gone above and beyond debating with you as though you’ve made some good points.  In reality you’ve just said I was wrong.

Shawn didn't touch Dorian in muscular bulk , muscle balance & proportion , density & dryness I'm sure you'll disagree but bodybuilding history proves me right and you wrong , disagree all you'd like it doesn't change the facts and the fact is Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates stood before 12 judges and the IFBB judging criteria was assessed and Dorian satisfied the criteria better than Shawn , you can do what you like with the information the facts aren't gonna change

Dorian wasn’t really that much bigger than Shawn.  Dorian was about 4 inches taller and had bigger bones.  Shawn’s body was much more aesthetic and you think he reached this due to having poorer muscle balance and proportion?  What trait do you think creates a more aesthetic look?  Hair color?

I've explained this to you already many times. You're the one questioning how Dorian could win the symmetry round with a torn bicep this is how you don't have the slightest clue on how contests are judged , as does the fact you did NOT know ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS , this is another example of you not knowing how contests are judged , you never seeing the IFBB judging criteria until I just posted is another example of you not know how contests are judged , you erroneously thinking a dry muscle is a flat muscle shows you do NOT know how contests ate judged , shall I continue? because I can. You don't know and nothing wrong with not knowing , hell I never knew until I decided to learn , where you run into trouble is spouting off like you do know and then out of foolish pride sticking to your lame story

I don't have the ability to make you look stupid , YOU DO and you have been doing a fantastic job thus far. I'm a mental midget compared to you   says the guy who is using every faulty position and weak logic and ad homenin attacks , your Google searches aren't helping either Mr competitor without blue stars   

respond or not I don't care , I post it's what I do. If you don't post have fun licking your wounds   and if you do your pride isn't gonna save you because it's only gonna get worse from here on out.

You decide 

The muscle is called a biceps.  I’ve tried to teach you this but you seem to be a little challenged.  You fail to grasp fundamental aspects of communication.  Who told you that I’ve never read the IFBB judging criteria?  You googling that and posting it really didn’t help your case.  Read what you’ve typed.  You lose credibility by not being able to type a paragraph that anyone can understand.  It isn’t that you talk about things that are over our heads.  It is that English is over yours.
Come get me.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
ND, you are getting trolled here. You shouldn't even debate this powerbar guy.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Well I’m not saying that you have to have competed to know anything about judging but if you’ve been judged and had conversations with those judges about why you placed where you did, then it kind of leaves a lot of the guess work out of it.

What of the criteria do you think I didn’t know?  Years ago I bought posing videos made by an IFBB judge that goes through how one should pose.  Don’t you think that he damn near read the criteria in the video?  You have had your chance to make points and you haven’t.  I’ve asked you for some and you don’t respond.  What more should I do?  When you stand relaxed both arms are exposed and when you do a side chest pose only one biceps is exposed.  This is a concept you fail to understand. 

Explain what you think Symmetry is.  You’ve had your shot.  You wondered what mine was.  Then you claimed you asked me.  Then I gave you examples and definitions.  Do you see how this really isn’t a debate?  Calling me wrong just doesn’t cut it. 

Of course a dehydrated muscle is flat.  If you had a kinesiology degree or competed in something where the muscle was actually becoming dryer then you’d know.  Typing just doesn’t get it done.  What do you think most of muscle’s mass is, confetti?  You’re probably thinking that low amounts of subcutaneous water make someone look more defined which is the case but I don’t want to put words in your mouth.  You should be capable of explaining how I’m wrong or how you’re right.  Either will do.  You haven’t taught me anything besides the fact that you don’t really understand the concept of a debate and fail to understand logic.

Did you do a poll to reach this conclusion?  Do you believe that height was just left out of the article and criteria you posted?  Neither brought it up as even being a minor judging criteria.

I didn’t claim that Dorian should have ever won the symmetry round.  Many of his flaws were glaring in this round because he couldn’t contort his body. 

Get off your fat ass and attempt to be as lean as Hammdullah.  You want me to tell you how that will play out if you do try?  You’ll fail.  Now I was making my point and I did.  I told you that Dorian wasn’t always the biggest, many times he wasn’t in the best condition and his symmetry landed him out of the top 5.  I don’t have to type anymore about that.  I proved it and you didn’t deny it.  You brought up muscular size. 

What makes you think that all of the rounds are physique rounds?  Bodybuilding is about personality.  Symmetry is in reference to how a person meshes with other people in certain social situations.  I think we all know that.  The only round that has anything to do with how a physique looks is the posedown.

So I have to come up with facts and you don’t have to even back any point or make one for that matter?  That seems a little inconsistent.  Estimate bodyfat of each competitor and then figure out their BMI.  Who is bigger will be who has the biggest number.  I’m not in way over my head.  I’m light years above the competition.  I’ve gone above and beyond debating with you as though you’ve made some good points.  In reality you’ve just said I was wrong.

Dorian wasn’t really that much bigger than Shawn.  Dorian was about 4 inches taller and had bigger bones.  Shawn’s body was much more aesthetic and you think he reached this due to having poorer muscle balance and proportion?  What trait do you think creates a more aesthetic look?  Hair color?

The muscle is called a biceps.  I’ve tried to teach you this but you seem to be a little challenged.  You fail to grasp fundamental aspects of communication.  Who told you that I’ve never read the IFBB judging criteria?  You googling that and posting it really didn’t help your case.  Read what you’ve typed.  You lose credibility by not being able to type a paragraph that anyone can understand.  It isn’t that you talk about things that are over our heads.  It is that English is over yours.

Well it's obvious ( again entertaining you did compete ) that you didn't ask the right questions but I'm leaning more towards your comprehension plain sucks.

See you think typing in circles is gonna save you and it wont. I've explained numerous times what part of the criteria YOU did NOT know either one of three things , 1) you're trolling , 2) you're not and 3) or you're dense . And I'm sure you bought videos by a judge and it explained everything which is exactly why your scratching your head trying to figure out how Dorian can win a symmetry round , again if the criteria was explained to you then you have lackadaisical comprehension abilities because if you knew YOU WOULD NOT be asking.  ;)

Apparently the judge didn't explain that dry muscles are ' flat ' muscles

I touched on symmetry and what it meant , having a small waist and hips , small joints , classic taper it ALSO includes muscle balance & proportion , muscle length , torso length , arm length in relation to the torso , structure NOT according to you a textbook definition of right/left exactness  ::) I guess the judge didn't explain to you that on the tapes either  :D wait maybe he did and you just didn't get it , which very well may be the case because there is a LOT I've typed that you still can't seem to get.

What's funny about your statement is you claim ' Typing just doesn't get it done. ' and what do you do? just type hahahahaha and you have the audacity to type I don't understand the concept of debate and fail to understand logic hehehehehehehehe

oh because it wasn't mention specifically it doesn't mean anything? the irony is you agree with me height is a factor which is why no very tall guys are champions , I never said it was a major factor but it does come into play , ever here the OLD expression a good big man will always beat a good small one? ever wonder where that came from? How about the fact that no really short guys ever won the Olympia? height comes into play with who has a better structure ( symmetry  :D ) who can carry more muscular bulk

I know you couldn't figure out how Dorian won the symmetry round , and more of his strengths and show in this round which is why he always won it , convincingly

Has nothing to do with me , it's compared to Dorian which you brought up. Again it's much easier to be 176lbs and ripped than 260lbs. And you never proved ANYTHING you type things , Dorian wasn't always the biggest absolutely nope ( size alone means shit when it's not conditioned ) Dorian wasn't always the best conditioned? ( says you and your proof is you typing it ) and Dorian wasn't always the best at symmetry , depends if you mean by small waist & hips and waist compared to a guy 205lbs you'll get no argument from me , but as far as balance & proportion Dorian's was actually rather great , Dorian was always the best meeting ALL of the criteria better than the guys he competed with , sure some may have met part(s) of it better but considering ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS Dorian meet most of it better than the rest

A concept you can't grasp , still. Playing Devil's advocate let's say Hamdullah did have better conditioning than Dorian and? ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS , does he carry more muscular bulk than Dorian? NO does he have better balance & proportion than Dorian? NO does he look better in all poses compared to Dorian? NO. This is the beauty of ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS no one part of the criteria supersedes the others

Shawn Ray may have had better symmetry than Dorian but does he have better balance & proportion? Shawn is shorter ( height working against him ) he has a longer torso and short legs , he has high calves and narrow clavicles and not much back width , all works against him against someone like Dorian , does he carry more muscular bulk than Dorian? NO how about conditioning? now you could say Shawn comes close to Dorian however does he supplement that conditioning with size and thickness like Dorian? NO again Dorian meets more of the criteria than his contemporaries in any round in any pose and Dorian could still lose a couple of poses and still win the round with a straight firsts and why? both the high and low scores are tossed out ( I'm sure the tapes told you that too )

Dorian has density , dryness ( not flatness ) and size this is the pinnacle of conditioning , very hard to bring this combo in and Dorian did it year-in-year-out better than his competition , combine that with great balance & proportion and being pretty complete explained why he DOMINATED like no other , you keep insisting you learned the IFBB judging criteria a while ago and you know it yet you don't agree with Dorian winning which proves you don't know how things are judged and are in direct contradiction with the judges , so either way you're fucked.

Yawn

Oh the irony

Dorian wasn't much taller than Shawn , but he was really that much bigger especially in 1994 Dorian was 262lbs and Shawn was just 205lbs if that's not much bigger to you than what can I say?  :-X and I'm sure Dorian's bigger bones accounted for the extra weight  ::)

Shawn was more aesthetic due to his ' symmetry ' but that's not saying much his balance wasn't spectacular and neither was his structure and that alone doesn't account for much anyway because ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS , Shawn's advantage in symmetry doesn't compensate for his deficiency in other aspects of the criteria compared to Dorian

Reading the IFBB judging criteria and understanding it are two very different things , perhaps you did read it but you obviously didn't get it which is a common theme with you , YOU have a problem with Dorian's wins this mean you think the judges are wrong and you are right , well there you go sport go get your judging jacket on and show'em how it's done.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
ND, you are getting trolled here. You shouldn't even debate this powerbar guy.

What are you gonna do? I'll entertain his point of view until the novelty wears off

erics

• Getbig III
It's no surprise that people are confused as to how contests are judged.

I cannot fathom why the IFBB does not set up some kind of scorecard that shows the breakdown of the elements being assessed. Even if the results don't change, at the very least it will look like the whole thing is accountable and transparent.

A single number is fine for telling you the winner but the details are like the 'match stats'.