Author Topic: Ex-WWE Star X-Pac -- I Was Molested as a Kid  (Read 3352 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Ex-WWE Star X-Pac -- I Was Molested as a Kid
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
X-Pac -- a.k.a. Sean Waltman -- took to his blog Monday to praise wrestling legend Mick Foley for the work he's been doing with the Rape Abuse & Incest Network ... especially because Sean himself is a "survivor of repeated sexual abuse/molestation from about age 5 to around the age of 12."

For the first time ever, Waltman revealed details about the abuse -- saying his abusers were both male and female. X-Pac adds, "The most psychologically damaging incidents came at the hands of an adult male who actually brought me to my first pro wrestling match."

Waltman says he finally told his family about the abuse when he was in his 20's -- explaining, "It’s so difficult for victims of sexual abuse to come forward. The shame & fear involved in coming forward is overwhelming."

"Feeling like it’s our fault or fearing what people will think of you prevent many from ever coming forward ... I choose to talk openly about it, hoping it may inspire others to come forward and expose these people."

X-Pac continues, "This is a huge step in dealing with the psychological damage done to the victim & can also save others from having to suffer the same fate. So I can’t thank Mick enough for his work with RAINN."

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Ex-WWE Star X-Pac -- I Was Molested as a Kid
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »
X-Pac -- a.k.a. Sean Waltman -- took to his blog Monday to praise wrestling legend Mick Foley for the work he's been doing with the Rape Abuse & Incest Network ... especially because Sean himself is a "survivor of repeated sexual abuse/molestation from about age 5 to around the age of 12."

For the first time ever, Waltman revealed details about the abuse -- saying his abusers were both male and female. X-Pac adds, "The most psychologically damaging incidents came at the hands of an adult male who actually brought me to my first pro wrestling match."

Waltman says he finally told his family about the abuse when he was in his 20's -- explaining, "It’s so difficult for victims of sexual abuse to come forward. The shame & fear involved in coming forward is overwhelming."

"Feeling like it’s our fault or fearing what people will think of you prevent many from ever coming forward ... I choose to talk openly about it, hoping it may inspire others to come forward and expose these people."

X-Pac continues, "This is a huge step in dealing with the psychological damage done to the victim & can also save others from having to suffer the same fate. So I can’t thank Mick enough for his work with RAINN."

Explains a lot

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
Yes it does.  Stoppa will have a field day with this one!

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:11:46 PM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 04:39:44 AM »
Yes it does.  Stoppa will have a field day with this one!
lol.....took the words right outta my mouth  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 09:38:58 AM »
He seems to be doing better...hope he keeps it up.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »
^
pun intended?
Flower Boy Ran Away

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
Guys, OLE BIG can chime in on this one as he knows I was probably the originator of the "X-Pac heat" phenomenon.  HATED the guy.  Just something about him.  Not to mention one of my criteria for a wrestler has always been I have to at least believe they would kick my ass in real life......Sean doesn't pass that test... haha

All that said, and no jokes, I totally commend the guy for coming forward about this and wouldn't make any jokes about it.  10 yrs ago.....might have been different...am I maturing?  I sure hope not.

What an awful thing to go thru and I give him so much respect for what he made of himself.  Most in his shoes wouldn't have accomplished what he did.  I know we all like to say that it was only because he was friends with Hall and Nash, but have to give the guy credit, he was a well above avg worker.  And let's face it, the more you know about the biz you realize that 75% of "making it" is who you know.  And who could blame the guy for wanting to hang-out with the "cool crowd?" 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 09:25:23 AM »
I think something similar happened to Razor, which is why he keeps acting a fool.

X-Pac said that when he was getting loads of tweets and e-mails, on the day Savage died, he thought it was Hall who'd passed away. That's why he was so shocked to hear what happened to the "Macho Man".

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 06:46:35 AM »
Guys, OLE BIG can chime in on this one as he knows I was probably the originator of the "X-Pac heat" phenomenon.  HATED the guy.  Just something about him.  Not to mention one of my criteria for a wrestler has always been I have to at least believe they would kick my ass in real life......Sean doesn't pass that test... haha

All that said, and no jokes, I totally commend the guy for coming forward about this and wouldn't make any jokes about it.  10 yrs ago.....might have been different...am I maturing?  I sure hope not.

What an awful thing to go thru and I give him so much respect for what he made of himself.  Most in his shoes wouldn't have accomplished what he did.  I know we all like to say that it was only because he was friends with Hall and Nash, but have to give the guy credit, he was a well above avg worker.  And let's face it, the more you know about the biz you realize that 75% of "making it" is who you know.  And who could blame the guy for wanting to hang-out with the "cool crowd?" 
You and me both. That's why when WCW fired him and Hogan made the remark "Syx couldn't cut the mustard" aka "You stink and are a zero in the business", I started laughing.  ;D

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 07:33:28 AM »

Wow, the old you would have said he asked for it. ;D  Or at least deserveded it.

We are going to have to get together soon.  Maybe I can toughen you back up.