Author Topic: Prison diets  (Read 16570 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Prison diets
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 09:08:10 AM »

8)
....did you have to look up the name of the town or did you know it ???.I had to look up the spelling of Andy's last name.
I still had the name in my head, but I totally had to look up the spelling of it...are you kidding me!?    ;D

/did not know it started with a z!

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »
I worked as a state correctional officer here in Florida for a few years before moving on to become a Probation Officer for a time.  For most of that time, I worked as Food Service Officer.  The state prides itself on saving money especially when it comes to its large inmate population.  Here's a sample menu for the day:
Breakfast: One "gulp" of horrid tasting fruit juice, sometimes flaccid bacon, a small scoop of eggs, an orange(every fucking day an orange with every meal), a scoop of grits, and a cup of milk.
Lunch:  A small sandwich, scoop of rice, scoop of old beans, an orange, bug juice...
Supper:  4 ounces of meat..a chicken thigh was considered a real treat...scoop of rice or potatoes, a fuckin' orange, mixed vegetables, a cookie or desert-alternative.  On some days if you had the right "cooks", they'd season up the foods taken from various flavored Ramen noodle packages.

There were some big strong dudes out there.  Many possessed what some on the street would call "ideal" physiques.  They would definately stand out in a crowd of normal people.  There was an exercise yard with free weights and simple machines, nothing fancy.  There was a canteen(store) that you could purchase things like sardines and beef jerky(the only items that had any sort of protein/nutritional content), but you were limited by how much of it you could get.  So how did a lot of these fellas build their physiques in such a way when they did not or have limited access to proper bodybuilding diets and drugs?

The prison was in the middle of nowhere.  I would live there for 3-5 days of the week at a time in a BAQ.  Nearest town was 20 minutes away, and there wasn't shit in it.  However, there was a nice gym nearby the BAQs for the officers that no one but apparently me really used.  I'd get the key from Central, bring my Boombox(yes a boombox), and lift.  I did the proper diet...protein equal to bodyweight, 3 cardio sessions per week, 5 balanced meals per day.  I lifted mostly for strength and fitness, and for vanity too.  I was decently sized and in great shape(never knew when you might get your head kicked in).  However, I did not have the size or strength of a lot of the bigger inmates who obviously got on by on a lot less, especially when it came to mealtime.  

Genetics are a bitch I guess.  Some have 'em, others don't.  I'm just wondering if the nutrition formula is wrong outside of professional bodybuilding.  I've always been meaning to go on a "prison diet" (with higher quality ingredients intended for non-inmate consumption, of course) with much less protein intake and lesser meals but still lift the same.  Ah, well.  Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Dude.. Delete this thread ,before GH comes in here and accuses the C.O's of smuggling steroids and needles up their assholes for the inmates..

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »

Christmas
O

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
Ya'll are missing one big point.  They don't have anything else to do all day, so there bodies have plenty of time to rest.  In fact, if they are not working out or eating, they are asleep.  

Therefore, their caloric needs are not that of a normal person.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
Sorry, but by the theroies of "they have nothing else to do but lift, eat and sleep and have naturally high testosterone levels" then college students would be the biggest people around.
ahahaha. Why do you even bother answering to these threads... it is obvious that these guys don't know shit... prisions are one of the places where more steroids are smuggled. For most of the criminals is the best time to train, eat, sleep and juice.
S

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »
As an employee of a california state prison I can guarantee that no one eats like this.

The average diet of a guy who has a decent amount of money on his books is alot of rice, ramen noodles, peanut butter, and pouches of tuna, clams, oysters, chili, sausages, and whatever they get fed for chow. Which is mostly garbage. The guys who can handle milk drink it for the calories and extra protein and I dont see too many aminos when im searching cells. The ones they get are garbage and cost a shitload of money. And I dont even think they can order protein powder right now from the canteen ( atleast last time I looked they couldnt )

Its not that great.

But most of the guys with alot of size are exercising 4 to 6 hours a day so they out exercise their diet if that makes any sense.

There arent many huge guys left because they dont have weights anymore but they have some dudes who are more ripped year around then most guys at npc shows nowadays.

Absolutely correct. And just as in the real world, the average person does not eat anything like a bodybuilder. It is the rare exception to eat like this.
a

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »

lol- guys- its not rocket science- dead time + calorie deficit + workout 2-3 hours a day= ripped.

simple.

the reason there are not a lot of ripped guys anywhere is because we over eat. protein, calories you name it.

put yourself on a prison diet, workout 3 hours a day and get back to me in 2 months.
b

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
lol- guys- its not rocket science- dead time + calorie deficit + workout 2-3 hours a day= ripped.

simple.

the reason there are not a lot of ripped guys anywhere is because we over eat. protein, calories you name it.

put yourself on a prison diet, workout 3 hours a day and get back to me in 2 months.

it is round here  ;D

as if prisoners are gonna give a fucking rats ass about steroids  ::)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:02 AM »
I still had the name in my head, but I totally had to look up the spelling of it...are you kidding me!?    ;D

/did not know it started with a z!

I just had to look it up myself ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 11:25:51 AM »
as if prisoners are gonna give a fucking rats ass about steroids  ::)

They do, now that gh15's bible is finally online. Ciggerettes and contraband are out, Insulin and Test injections are in.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »
Do they also rush into their cell to drink their "nutricious protein shake" after the workout? rofl.

whataname

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »
what is Craig Titus' excuse then?!

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16:01 PM »
I don't know where it's easier to get steroids, prison or the military.

Stavios

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 01:01:11 PM »
Do they also rush into their cell to drink their "nutricious protein shake" after the workout? rofl.

LMAO

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
having also worked at a prison in california, i will tell you right now that NO they dont smuggle in steroids. there isnt a big enough demand for them compared to other drugs. And the risk to dollar ratio just makes it not worth it. yes there are many guys in prison who are ripped and shredded, but mostly the black guys, which goes to show that it is mostly genetic.  all the hispanics and whites look just like normal fit guys who workout. and yes, you can order a lot of stuff from the catalogs, but all i saw were liver tabs and amino tabs, made by universal.  there were no protein powders in the catalog at the mainline (bigger state run prisons).
   now, the private prisons in california (ccf) do let you order all sorts of products directly out of the catalog from nutrition express.  you can order anything from  creatine to most type of protein powders, but these prisons are for "short timers", people who are being released soon.
-LC

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 01:16:18 PM »
having also worked at a prison in california, i will tell you right now that NO they dont smuggle in steroids. there isnt a big enough demand for them compared to other drugs. And the risk to dollar ratio just makes it not worth it. yes there are many guys in prison who are ripped and shredded, but mostly the black guys, which goes to show that it is mostly genetic.  all the hispanics and whites look just like normal fit guys who workout. and yes, you can order a lot of stuff from the catalogs, but all i saw were liver tabs and amino tabs, made by universal.  there were no protein powders in the catalog at the mainline (bigger state run prisons).
   now, the private prisons in california (ccf) do let you order all sorts of products directly out of the catalog from nutrition express.  you can order anything from  creatine to most type of protein powders, but these prisons are for "short timers", people who are being released soon.
-LC

Didnt they get rid of the weights in Cali prisons due the guys getting too big and it was a security issue?

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »
Obviously, Oranges are good for you. 
 ::)

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
Didnt they get rid of the weights in Cali prisons due the guys getting too big and it was a security issue?
  Yes, they got rid of the weights back in the mid 90's. Arnold tried to bring them back when he was the governator, but he had no luck.
-LC

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 04:24:58 PM »
Obviously, Oranges are good for you. 
 ::)
oranges are very good for you.
A

dustin

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »

Of course!

Don't want that anabolic window to slam shut, bro!! 8)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
I spent  40 days in  Wayne County Jail  (Michigan) I lost 15lbs ,horrible food .         

PS: I was respected in jail.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 05:19:04 PM »
I spent  40 days in  Wayne County Jail  (Michigan) I lost 15lbs ,horrible food .         

PS: I was respected in jail.
nutricious protein shake?
A

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »
nutricious protein shake?

Straight from the tap.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »
  Yes, they got rid of the weights back in the mid 90's. Arnold tried to bring them back when he was the governator, but he had no luck.
-LC
Damn they shot that down?!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
A