Author Topic: Obama keeping promise to bankrupt the coal industry and skyrocket energy costs  (Read 44634 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Coal Regs Would Kill Jobs, Boost Energy Bills
By Paul Bedard
Posted: June 8, 2011
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/06/08/coal-regs-would-kill-jobs-boost-energy-bills

Two new EPA pollution regulations will slam the coal industry so hard that hundreds of thousands of jobs will be lost, and electric rates will skyrocket 11 percent to over 23 percent, according to a new study based on government data.

Overall, the rules aimed at making the air cleaner could cost the coal-fired power plant industry $180 billion, warns a trade group.

[Check out a roundup of political cartoons on energy policy.]

“Many of these severe impacts would hit families living in states already facing serious economic challenges,” said Steve Miller, president of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity. “Because of these impacts, EPA should make major changes to the proposed regulations before they are finalized,” he said.

The EPA, however, tells Whispers that the hit the industry will suffer is worth the health benefits. “EPA has taken a number of sensible steps to protect public health, while also working with industry and other stakeholders to ensure that these important Clean Air Act standards—such as the first ever national Mercury and Air Toxics Standards for coal-fired power plants—are reasonable, common-sense, and achievable,” said spokesman Brendan Gilfillan. [Read Rep. Darrell Issa: Obama's Bad Policy, Harmful Regulations Add to Gas Prices.]

What’s more, officials said that just one of the rules to cut sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide emissions will would yield up to $290 billion in annual health and welfare benefits in 2014. They say that amounts to preventing up to 36,000 premature deaths, 26,000 hospital and emergency room visits, and 240,000 cases of aggravated asthma. “This far outweighs the estimated annual costs,” says an official on background. [Check out political cartoons on the economy.]

Still, the EPA did note that the two new antipollution rules are “pending” and that the agency has “accepted and are considering feedback” from the industry.

The industry says the costs and potential to lose four jobs for every new clean energy job created isn’t worth the rules, especially in a job-starved economy. [See a slide show of the best cities to find a job.]

Referring to the analysis of the EPA regulations from National Economic Research Associates, Miller said they would be the most expensive rules ever imposed on power plants.

Coal-fired energy plants currently fuel about half of the nation’s energy supply.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Come on Team Traitor - defend this shit.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Maybe its just me, but where exactly did the EPA get the power to implement this sort of shit? They are not elected, they have no business making policy.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Maybe its just me, but where exactly did the EPA get the power to implement this sort of shit? They are not elected, they have no business making policy.

Fascist Police state.

I just want one 95% moron (Mal, Benny, Andre, blacken), enviro freak show (kc, TA,) or just general deluded far left dope (Straw, Chad, Bay)  to defend this insanity.

Is this what you voted for morons?       

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUSH STEALING MY SHIT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
We have over 250 years or more energy supply of domestic coal.  Clean burning coal powerplants hardly put any smog into the atmosphere anymore.  So what does Obama admin do?  Overregulate and destroy the whole industry.  Another example of why the EPA is a waste of tax dollars and why Obama should resign.
Live free or die

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We have over 250 years or more energy supply of domestic coal.  Clean burning coal powerplants hardly put any smog into the atmosphere anymore.  So what does Obama admin do?  Overregulate and destroy the whole industry.  Another example of why the EPA is a waste of tax dollars and why Obama should resign.

He is trying to collapse the nation, why is it so hard for others to grasp? 

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
I would say most people are brainwashed by the sound-bite state controlled media and do not perfrom critical thinking or analysis on their own.
Live free or die

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
What needs to happen is for coal to be phased completely out and replaced by Nuclear energy.

How this happens and how long it should take i do not know.  But is needs to happen. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What needs to happen is for coal to be phased completely out and replaced by Nuclear energy.

How this happens and how long it should take i do not know.  But is needs to happen. 

So long as ZERO is the potus, not going to happen.   The hundreds of thousands will lose their jbs, our energy prices will skyrpcket, and no new nuke plants will be built. 

This disgusting communist traitor and marxist sleeper cell pofs obama wants us all in tents under candle light. 

OzmO

• Getbig V

So long as ZERO is the potus, not going to happen.   The hundreds of thousands will lose their jbs, our energy prices will skyrpcket, and no new nuke plants will be built.  

This disgusting communist traitor and marxist sleeper cell pofs obama wants us all in tents under candle light.  

I didn't know our government was in the nuclear plant building business.   ::)

If it makes coal too expensive maybe the market will spur more nuke plants in the future.  either way coal sucks ass.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I didn't know our government was in the nuclear plant building business.   ::)

If it makes coal too expensive maybe the market will spur more nuke plants in the future.  either way coal sucks ass.

They prevent them via litigation and the permit process.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
They prevent them via litigation and the permit process.   

Whatever, coal needs to go. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Whatever, coal needs to go. 

Why?   And I hope you are so cool with it that you personally hand out the pink slips to the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS WHO WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS as a result of your green bullshit.

BTW - don't you californians ever once look in the mirror and ask why your stupid ass state is in such a disastrous mess?     

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Fascist Police state.

I just want one 95% moron (Mal, Benny, Andre, blacken), enviro freak show (kc, TA,) or just general deluded far left dope (Straw, Chad, Bay)  to defend this insanity.

Is this what you voted for morons?       

lol you are an active little fuck.. are you like this in person.. if we were talking about politics and i hadnt said anything about you personally.. would you use all this moron talk?

OzmO

• Getbig V
Why?   And I hope you are so cool with it that you personally hand out the pink slips to the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS WHO WILL LOSE THEIR JOBS as a result of your green bullshit.

BTW - don't you californians ever once look in the mirror and ask why your stupid ass state is in such a disastrous mess?     

Apples to oranges dude.

COAL must go.  It must be replaced by NE.

Only an ignorant dumb ass would believe otherwise.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
lol you are an active little fuck.. are you like this in person.. if we were talking about politics and i hadnt said anything about you personally.. would you use all this moron talk?

::)  ::)

You voted for and support this admn.  Take ownership of this moron.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
Coal should be phased out in a 20-30 year plan and replaced by Nuclear energy. 

Because of the EPA nazi's we are years behind the rest of the world.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
::)  ::)

You voted for and support this admn.  Take ownership of this moron.   

im just saying..if we were discussing our political opinions face to face.. would you use this moron talk?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Coal should be phased out in a 20-30 year plan and replaced by Nuclear energy. 

Because of the EPA nazi's we are years behind the rest of the world.

That's not going to happen.   They want to ban EVERYTHING! 

Coal - nope
Oil - nope
Hydro - nope
Natural gas - nope

The only thing the green zeolots support is wind and solar which are unreliable and ridiculously expensive.     

OzmO

• Getbig V
I am thinking any penalty that drives the cost of power from coal up is a good thing.  Because it will increase the desire for nuclear power.

OzmO

• Getbig V
That's not going to happen.   They want to ban EVERYTHING! 

Coal - nope
Oil - nope
Hydro - nope
Natural gas - nope

The only thing the green zeolots support is wind and solar which are unreliable and ridiculously expensive.     

Not true.

Educated people know you cant supply the power of this country with wind and solar. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!

OzmO

• Getbig V
BTW, 33333,

Got any link or evidence where Obama says:  "I Promise to bankrupt the coal industry"

?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!
No more coal!