Author Topic: Hmm strange - something random that just triggered your softer side  (Read 7514 times)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
So today I thought I'd swing by Burger King and pick up some grub after work. Whilst I'm eating, this middle aged dude comes out and starts cleaning tables and what not (guy was no younger than 40) and he looks unwell like he's got cancer or something, just doesn't look right (looks frail, chronically exhausted and has got dark circles under his eyes). He's cleaning the table behind me and out of the corner of my eye I can see this shy looking school kid who's the spitting image of this guy, (who's supposedly his Dad) standing outside the store windows.

The guy signals him to come inside subtly. Little dude walks in timidly keeping his head kind of down, smiling every so often as he walks towards the older guy. They have a bit of an awkward embrace and the older guy sort of goes in for a hug but they both get shy and the Dad just gives the kid a little bump on the chest with his fist and says, "Glad you're here, I've missed you son". My heart strings were fucking tugged to the max right there after looking at the kids expression. I'm not a mystic by any means, but I could feel the connection between the two of them flooding the room.

I know I'm going to get the obligatory "outed" posts, but my question is this; Have any of you ever heard/witnessed something completely random in your day to day life that just triggered your softer side, whereas normally you wouldn't bat an eye?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Hmm strange
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »
you seem like you had a good time at your local Burger King, but

8)
D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:50:58 PM »
Yes. And I hope to continue doing so. It is what makes us human.

No doubt there is a "back story" to what you witnessed at Burger King. Some folks would have fun with an older fella working in a low level service job like that. I prefer to give him credit for having a job or maybe several jobs to make ends meet during what are hard times for a lot of folk.

Guess that "outs" me too! Ha, ha.

roccoginge

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »
everyday my kids do something to make me feel this way.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:54:28 AM »
* reaches for the box of Kleenex:'(

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:32 AM »
 :) :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 06:34:48 AM »
"I'll get you a Whopper 50% off, boy.  Don't say I was never there for ya.  And here's some fries that someone didn't finish."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Hmm strange - something random that just triggered your softer side
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:46 AM »
So today I thought I'd swing by Burger King and pick up some grub after work. Whilst I'm eating, this middle aged dude comes out and starts cleaning tables and what not (guy was no younger than 40) and he looks unwell like he's got cancer or something, just doesn't look right (looks frail, chronically exhausted and has got dark circles under his eyes). He's cleaning the table behind me and out of the corner of my eye I can see this shy looking school kid who's the spitting image of this guy, (who's supposedly his Dad) standing outside the store windows.

The guy signals him to come inside subtly. Little dude walks in timidly keeping his head kind of down, smiling every so often as he walks towards the older guy. They have a bit of an awkward embrace and the older guy sort of goes in for a hug but they both get shy and the Dad just gives the kid a little bump on the chest with his fist and says, "Glad you're here, I've missed you son". My heart strings were fucking tugged to the max right there after looking at the kids expression. I'm not a mystic by any means, but I could feel the connection between the two of them flooding the room.

I know I'm going to get the obligatory "outed" posts, but my question is this; Have any of you ever heard/witnessed something completely random in your day to day life that just triggered your softer side, whereas normally you wouldn't bat an eye?
Internet dating sites have really risen in popularity amongst the general population! 

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:02:25 AM »
Outed.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:12 AM »
Having progeny is a feeling one cannot describe. I don't think guys like Adonis are assholes when they crack on a post like this.....they just don't know any better.

No matter what smartass remark one can come  up with...the bare truth is you never know what having a kid feels like until you have one.

I get this feeling every day. Last night my daughter was laying on the couch in her favorite PJs after being at the water park all day... watching her favorite show...shoveling Chex-Mix into her mouth like she hasn't eaten in a month. And I just took her in, her hair platinum blonde from the sun, and she has a little band of sunburn under her bright green eyes, and across her little nose ...she lets out a hearty laugh that fills the room, shes in mid-summer form...fun days and late nights, and all is right in her world.

And youre just overcome with a mixture of pride and happiness that your kid is healthy and happy ...and you are doing you job as a parent. You know when someone tells a story and when nobody laughs, they say "You had to be there." ? Well that's what being a parent is...you have to be there or You don't get it.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »
Having progeny is a feeling one cannot describe. I don't think guys like Adonis are assholes when they crack on a post like this.....they just don't know any better.

No matter what smartass remark one can come  up with...the bare truth is you never know what having a kid feels like until you have one.

I get this feeling every day. Last night my daughter was laying on the couch in her favorite PJs after being at the water park all day... watching her favorite show...shoveling Chex-Mix into her mouth like she hasn't eaten in a month. And I just took her in, her hair platinum blonde from the sun, and she has a little band of sunburn under her bright green eyes, and across her little nose ...she lets out a hearty laugh that fills the room, shes in mid-summer form...fun days and late nights, and all is right in her world.

And youre just overcome with a mixture of pride and happiness that your kid is healthy and happy ...and you are doing you job as a parent. You know when someone tells a story and when nobody laughs, they say "You had to be there." ? Well that's what being a parent is...you have to be there or You don't get it.

You gain a much greater appreciation of your own parents as well.
!

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »
bdb

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »

Good stuff Groink. 
Getting married in a few months and can't wait for this afterwards.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
Gronk is the most positive person for the month of June.  Congrats Gronk!!!

LET'S KEEP IT POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
GEEEEEZ!!!

Now I feel guilty and shit......I was only kidding.  :(

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 09:32:29 AM »
Godammit, you probably just watched a pedophile pick up a random kid at the burger king and you did nothing.  >:(

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
Godammit, you probably just watched a pedophile pick up a random kid at the burger king and you did nothing.  >:(
That means he's an accomplice, right? How many years for that? And you're not allowed to lift weights anymore in a lot of prisons. Holy Fuck, man...

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
Yes. And I hope to continue doing so. It is what makes us human.

No doubt there is a "back story" to what you witnessed at Burger King. Some folks would have fun with an older fella working in a low level service job like that. I prefer to give him credit for having a job or maybe several jobs to make ends meet during what are hard times for a lot of folk.

Guess that "outs" me too! Ha, ha.

i got in a pretty good tilt one night at a mcdonalds cause of that. 3 guys thought it would be funny to verbally abuse this 70 year old janitor who worked there. the poor old fella is working a grave shit at mcdonalds for fuck sake- prolly has no family, etc. he just stood there taking their abuse- didnt say a word, i mean what else can he do, right?

when the 3 guys left, one threw their drink at him, it missed him and went all over the floor. now the poor old guy had to mop it up. he looked so sad and just beat down.

i followed them outside. i grabbed the first guy and busted his fucking nose open with my left. i fed him a couple more times before throwing him through a bunch of garbage cans. long story short- at the end of it all i got a soccer kick in the face and felt myself going out when someone grabbed me and pulled me off the one guy i was on. it was a buddy of mine. i went back into the mcdonalds to finish my meal. the old guy came over and shook my hand and said 'thank you'. i cant even begin to explain the look of thanks and gratitude on his face.

true story.
b

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »
Good stuff guys.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »
i got in a pretty good tilt one night at a mcdonalds cause of that. 3 guys thought it would be funny to verbally abuse this 70 year old janitor who worked there. the poor old fella is working a grave shit at mcdonalds for fuck sake- prolly has no family, etc. he just stood there taking their abuse- didnt say a word, i mean what else can he do, right?

when the 3 guys left, one threw their drink at him, it missed him and went all over the floor. now the poor old guy had to mop it up. he looked so sad and just beat down.

i followed them outside. i grabbed the first guy and busted his fucking nose open with my left. i fed him a couple more times before throwing him through a bunch of garbage cans. long story short- at the end of it all i got a soccer kick in the face and felt myself going out when someone grabbed me and pulled me off the one guy i was on. it was a buddy of mine. i went back into the mcdonalds to finish my meal. the old guy came over and shook my hand and said 'thank you'. i cant even begin to explain the look of thanks and gratitude on his face.

true story.
Good job, brother. That's the kind of crap worthy of a serious beat down.
!

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 10:53:37 AM »

true story.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »

true story.
Shoulda` shot the fucker!!

Xerxes

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
 ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »
Moments like these are so special because the truth is that most people basically suck.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »

:)

true story.

R