Author Topic: NASA Head Issues Preparedness Alert: "I Became Aware of Some Things." - SHTF????  (Read 3760 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
NASA Head Issues Agency-Wide Preparedness Alert: "I Became Aware of Some Things..."
Youtube ^ | 6/13/2011

________________________ ________________

NASA head Charles Bolden issued a weekend statement through the NASA Headquarters of Emergency Operations advising employees and their families to prepare for unforeseen emergency and/or disasters.

Some key excerpts from the video statement follow:

They've given me a few minutes just to talk to all of you in our NASA family about emergency preparedness. NASA recently participated in a FEMA exercise called Eagle Horizon that was a part of a continuity of operations of government exercise that we do annually, and I became aware of some things that concerned me about family preparedness...

So, what I'm asking all of you in the NASA family, whether you're out on the West coast, here on the east coast, along the Gulf Coast, up on the Great Lakes, think about the natural disasters that could occur in your area. Think about attacks that could come like 9-11, from outside forces, and talk to your family about your work and what they need to do to prepare for the unforeseen.

Develop a family preparedness plan in your house.

(Excerpt) Read more at youtube.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Something big on the way?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Just talked to a buddy of mine all in to this stuff.  told me hethinks thre is somethin with sun spots going on that may affect the electric grid or something. 

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch

Many believe that sun spots from solar flares will take out the power grid..They have discovered Holes in the earth magnetic field..This is suppose to happen in 2012.

Who knows this stuff is really out there.

http://www.space.com/11936-sun-weather-sunspot-cycle-announcement-preview.html

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
***ASTRONOMERS TO GIVE 'MAJOR' ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY 1PM EDT (5PM GMT) - RE: SUN'S 11 YR SUNSPOT CYCLE **
Suggest Unpin Quote

Your Ad Here

Astronomers will unveil a "major result" on Tuesday (June 14) regarding the sun's 11-year sunspot cycle.

The announcement will be made at a solar physics conference in New Mexico, according to an alert released today (June 10) by the American Astronomical Society. The discussion will begin at 1 p.m. EDT (1700 GMT).

[link to www.space.com]

What could it be?????

More Information on the conference:

SPD Meeting 2011
Las Cruces, NM, USA
June 12-16

[link to astronomy.nmsu.edu]

Here's the Meeting Registrant List of people attending..

It has there Name and Affilation:

[link to members.aas.org]

Select the SPD 2011 Meeting - Las Cruces, NM on the drop down bar and then click Get List.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Grid goes down and the cities will erupt in riots and chaos. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
That's kind of vague and nothing on any major news networks?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.

Good thing my car is gassed up and ready to go - should have gotten something without low profile highway tires though.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Why?  The Northeast Blackout of 2003 was not followed by any riots or chaos.

"The Northeast Blackout of 2003 was a widespread power outage that occurred throughout parts of the Northeastern and Midwestern United States and Ontario, Canada  on Thursday, August 14, 2003, at approximately 4:11 p.m. EDT (UTC−04). At the time, it was the second most widespread blackout in history, after the 1999 Southern Brazil blackout.  The blackout affected an estimated 10 million people in Ontario and 45 million people in eight U.S. states."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Blackout_of_2003

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why?  The Northeast Blackout of 2003 was not followed by any riots or chaos.

"The Northeast Blackout of 2003 was a widespread power outage that occurred throughout parts of the Northeastern and Midwestern United States and Ontario, Canada  on Thursday, August 14, 2003, at approximately 4:11 p.m. EDT (UTC−04). At the time, it was the second most widespread blackout in history, after the 1999 Southern Brazil blackout.  The blackout affected an estimated 10 million people in Ontario and 45 million people in eight U.S. states."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Blackout_of_2003

That was for 24 hours.    What my buddy was telling that if this occured it would last longer than that.     

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.

That was for 24 hours.    What my buddy was telling that if this occured it would last longer than that.     

Who is your buddy?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Who is your buddy?

Engineer who is in to all this stuff.    This was what he was surmising.   It could be anything for all we know.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
I donno, there's nothing on NASA.gov, nothing on CNN or drudge.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Unless of course we are really fucked and there's no point in issuing a warning lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Unless of course we are really fucked and there's no point in issuing a warning lol

Go get that damn book! 

OzmO

• Getbig V
1:11  What's up?

OzmO

• Getbig V
tick tock

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Debt crisis might be near too.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

It was longer than 24 hours, and for a place such as New York, that's an eternity.

"The Northeast Blackout of 2003 was a widespread power outage that occurred throughout parts of the Northeastern and Midwestern United States and Ontario, Canada  on Thursday, August 14, 2003, at approximately 4:11 p.m."

"By 16 August, power was fully restored in New York and Toronto"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Blackout_of_2003#Restoration_of_service

OzmO

• Getbig V
What about that one black out in the 70's in NYC  there was looting riots etc?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Geeze man.  Is the world coming to an end again?  I can only handle so many last days on earth.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I figured it out.  Remember when Obama told Bolden that his primary focus wasto each out to muslims to make them fee good about themselves? 

Obama must have tod Bolden to prepare for the return of the 7th Flying Imam.     

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
What about that one black out in the 70's in NYC  there was looting riots etc?

That was for real?  I saw the movie.   :)

My guess is crime in New York was a lot worse back then, before Giuliani cleaned it up maybe? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
That was for real?  I saw the movie.   :)

My guess is crime in New York was a lot worse back then, before Giuliani cleaned it up maybe? 

That might be a bad guess  :).  Especially with these "hard times", mob mentality will likely flourish if given the opportunity. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
That might be a bad guess  :).  Especially with these "hard times", mob mentality will likely flourish if given the opportunity. 

Katrina.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Interesting that in the 70's, the US economy was almost as bad as it is today.  Carter ~ Obama.