Author Topic: For MAL, KC, TA, 240, Andre, Straw: 2 Million less jobs since Stim Bill passed.  (Read 7805 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
1.9 Million Fewer Americans Have Jobs Today Than When Obama Signed Stimulus
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
By Matt Cover
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/after-28-months-stimulus-spending-19-mil

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________

In this Nov. 4, 2010 photo, a sign turning away potential job-seekers is seen outside of a construction site in New Orleans. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)

(CNSNews.com) – Twenty-eight months after Congress passed President Obama’s signature economic stimulus law, and nearly one year after he declared the summer of 2010 to be “Recovery Summer,” 1.9 million fewer people are employed.

In February 2009, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that 141.7 million people were employed. By the end of May 2011 – the last month for which data are available – that number had fallen to 139.8 million, a difference of 1.9 million.

While the number of people with jobs has increased slightly from its low point during the recession – 137.9 million in December 2009 – those 1.9 million jobs have been lost despite $800 billion in stimulus spending.

This does not mean that the economy is not creating jobs, but rather that it is not creating jobs fast enough to keep up with a combination of layoffs and people entering the job market for the first time.

In a Washington Post op-ed, former White House chief economist Larry Summers noted that the percentage of the population that has a job has not improved, even though the economy is technically in recovery.

“From the first quarter of 2006 to the first quarter of 2011, the U.S. economy’s growth rate averaged less than 1 percent a year,” Summers wrote. “The fraction of the population working remains almost exactly at its recession trough, and recent reports suggest that growth is slowing.”

White House chief economic advisor Larry Summers. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan, File)

The fraction of the population with a job has in fact fallen in the 28 months since Congress passed the stimulus – down from 60.3 percent in February 2009 to 58.4 percent in May 2011.

The economy cannot create jobs fast enough to keep pace with layoffs and recent high school and college graduates seeking employment. If the trend continues, as Summers notes may happen, the economy will suffer further in the future as college graduates delay entry into the labor force, reducing their lifetime productivity.

“Beyond the lack of jobs and incomes, an economy producing below its potential for a prolonged interval sacrifices its future,” argued Summers. “Huge numbers of new college graduates are moving back in with their parents this month because they have no job or means of support.”

As both Summers and the BLS data make clear, the economy is not creating new jobs fast enough to make up for layoffs and new graduates, calling into question Obama’s oft-repeated claim that the economy is recovering and creating jobs.

In fact, by citing figures from the first quarter of 2006, Summers is understating the economy’s poor performance. According to BLS data, the number of people with jobs peaked at 146.6 million in November 2007, meaning that over the entire recession – which officially began in December 2007 – the number of people employed has fallen by 6.8 million.

________________________ ________________________ __________

Total Failure of leftist bullshit.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Would be worse without the stim bill.  Simple as that. 

Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Whatever you say, Mr. Krugman.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Yep that's the argument.  The question is how much was really needed?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Yeah ok.   Keep telling youself that.   FAIL  

Can't wait till you and your marxist brothers are all crying in your puke and piss next year when obama is sent back to kenya.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
333 - has admitted many times that his "plan" of doing nothing would have made unemployment much worse than it is now

more importantly - why even bother trying to having rational discussion with someone who admits this:

I'm a street guy.  I know a lot, but what goes on west of the Hudson river is a fog to me.  

I do have to at least give 333 credit for being honest about his vast limitations

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Did Cain support the stimulus bill?  Or was that just TARP he liked?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Yep that's the argument.  The question is how much was really needed?

None at all!

The Stim Bill was the problem, not the solution!  

I warned every oe of the liberal economically illiterate fools n this board what would occur and guess who was right?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
333 - has admitted many times that his "plan" of doing nothing would have made unemployment much worse than it is now

more importantly - why even bother trying to having rational discussion with someone who admits this:

I do have to at least give 333 credit for being honest about his vast limitations

Ha ha ha ha - 2 Million less jobs asshole! 

4 more years!   of unemployment, inflation, joblessness, debt, food stamps, welfare, etc. 

FAIL   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

That was Huntsman.

OzmO

• Getbig V
None at all!

The Stim Bill was the problem, not the solution!  

I warned every oe of the liberal economically illiterate fools n this board what would occur and guess who was right?  

Did you ever address in detail what would happen without it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

YOU SUPPORTED THE STIM BILL!  

You and I argued from Day 1 about that disaster and only after 20 months were you forced to admit you were dead wrong on that.   you want me to bump those old threads owning very fool on this board on the Stim Bill?  

I owned every left wing idiot on this board on the Stim Bill and the results speak for themselves.    

Fury

• Getbig V
Trillions of dollars spent since the messiah took office and millions of jobs lost. Only the dumbest of retards could defend this....hi, kc and straw!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
YOU SUPPORTED THE STIM BILL! 

You and I argued from Day 1 about that disaster and only after 20 months were you forced to admit you were dead wrong on that.   you want me to bump those old threads owning very fool on this board on the Stim Bill? 

I owned every left wing idiot on this board on the Stim Bill and the results speak for themselves.   

I admitted it was a failure.

Only a douchebag would feel the need to rub a man's nose in his mistaken prediction after he admits he wa wrong.

Are you a douchebag, 333386?  Do you do that in real life?  When your friends apologize, do you bring up their mistakes 17,000 times?  People don't like dudes like that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did you ever address in detail what would happen without it.

Yes, I said we would have a worse, but shorter recession, but get rid of the mal investments and have a real foundation to grow on, not the phoney left wing crap that was passed than only made things worse and delayed the inevitable but added mountains of debt to boot.  

Results don't lie, I was right those who support this mess were dead wrong, as usual.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Trillions of dollars spent since the messiah took office and millions of jobs lost. Only the dumbest of retards could defend this....hi, kc and straw!!!

Trillions ?

Defend what?

I said the Stim Bill was not big enough (remember - you love reminding me about this) and contained too much bullshit

then again, we could have done the "do nothing" plan and had even greater unemployment, lower tax revenue, more problems for the states, etc...

OzmO

• Getbig V
Yes, I said we would have a worse, but shorter recession, but get rid of the mal investments and have a real foundation to grow on, not the phoney left wing crap that was passed than only made things worse and delayed the inevitable but added mountains of debt to boot.  

Results don't lie, I was right those who support this mess were dead wrong, as usual.  

Why shorter?

Fury

• Getbig V
I admitted it was a failure.

Only a douchebag would feel the need to rub a man's nose in his mistaken prediction after he admits he wa wrong.

Are you a douchebag, 333386?  Do you do that in real life?  When your friends apologize, do you bring up their mistakes 17,000 times?  People don't like dudes like that.

Woe is me, woe is me. Shut the fuck up. The left needs to be held to account for what they did to this country just like the right was held to account in 2008.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Why shorter?

He has no idea what he is talking about. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He has no idea what he is talking about. 

No of course not moron.  I only called this thing a disaster from Day 1 and have been proven 1000000000000000% correct on it. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Why would it have been shorter?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
right...because the time span from Depression to fully in the black with money to burn is usually like 2 years, give or take..  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
right...because the time span from Depression to fully in the black with money to burn is usually like 2 years, give or take..  ::)

Well, Obama said it was needed to keep UE under 8%.  So eiher he lied or was woefully uninformed about the situation he claimed he needed to be elected to fix.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
why would it have been shorter?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
why would it have been shorter?

Because it would have cleared out the mal investments and purged the system of the bad debt.  Instead we spent trillions to prop up a unsustainable situation and destroyed the dollar and our finances in the meantime.  we also created a massive amount of inflation that has hurt businesses and consumers and now not only have the horrible economy, but also have inflation and the bad investments of the banks we are on the hook for. 

We did exactly the opposite of what was needed, I said so at the time, and now have been proven correct in almost all respects.