Author Topic: Sleep Apnea: Caused By Big Traps/Neck?  (Read 2379 times)

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
Sleep Apnea: Caused By Big Traps/Neck?
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »
Discuss.
(

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Re: Sleep Apnea: Caused By Big Traps/Neck?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
Obstructive sleep apnea is a significant medical problem affecting up to 4 percent of middle-aged adults. The most common complaints are loud snoring, disrupted sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness. Patients with apnea suffer from fragmented sleep and may develop cardiovascular abnormalities because of the repetitive cycles of snoring, airway collapse and arousal. Although most patients are overweight and have a short, thick neck, some are of normal weight but have a small, receding jaw. Because many patients are not aware of their heavy snoring and nocturnal arousals, obstructive sleep apnea may remain undiagnosed; therefore, it is helpful to question the bedroom partner of a patient with chronic sleepiness and fatigue. Polysomnography in a sleep laboratory is the gold standard for confirming the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea; however, the test is expensive and not widely available. Home sleep studies are less costly but not as diagnostically accurate. Treatments include weight loss, nasal continuous positive airway pressure and dental devices that modify the position of the tongue or jaw. Upper airway and jaw surgical procedures may also be appropriate in selected patients, but invasiveness and expense restrict their use.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:15:46 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:07:57 PM »
Obstructive sleep apnea is a significant medical problem affecting up to 4 percent of middle-aged adults. The most common complaints are loud snoring, disrupted sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness. Patients with apnea suffer from fragmented sleep and may develop cardiovascular abnormalities because of the repetitive cycles of snoring, airway collapse and arousal. Although most patients are overweight and have a short, thick neck, some are of normal weight but have a small, receding jaw. Because many patients are not aware of their heavy snoring and nocturnal arousals, obstructive sleep apnea may remain undiagnosed; therefore, it is helpful to question the bedroom partner of a patient with chronic sleepiness and fatigue. Polysomnography in a sleep laboratory is the gold standard for confirming the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea; however, the test is expensive and not widely available. Home sleep studies are less costly but not as diagnostically accurate. Treatments include weight loss, nasal continuous positive airway pressure and dental devices that modify the position of the tongue or jaw. Upper airway and jaw surgical procedures may also be appropriate in selected patients, but invasiveness and expense restrict their use.

Turn your PAP machine down, it's keeping up the neighbors, big guy.  ;D

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »
.... Polysomnography in a sleep laboratory is the gold standard for confirming the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea; however, the test is expensive and not widely available. Home sleep studies are less costly but not as diagnostically accurate. Treatments include weight loss, nasal continuous positive airway pressure and dental devices that modify the position of the tongue or jaw. Upper airway and jaw surgical procedures may also be appropriate in selected patients, but invasiveness and expense restrict their use.

if you live in a civilised country then the corrective surgery, treatment and diagnosis via the sleep lab are very affordable. If on benefits its almost free of charge in fact.

thats because the manifestations of the symptoms and their associated risk (such as falling asleep at the wheel of the car for instance) often outweighs the cost (to society) of getting it corrected.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »
i heard this an immeadiately stopped traing my neck end of problem.so far anyway.
F

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
thought it only afflicted fat bastards  ???

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
Wait for it....

newmom

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
I had severe sleep apnea when I was a tubby. The sleep study, they put all these wires and shit everywhere. It was brutal when I was diagnosed. After I dropped the first 50 it was gone and has never returned. I didn't even order the pap machine and when the dtr told me I still should I said you pay for it then.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »
Its only for overweight people with big necks, not muscular necks.

newmom

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »
Its only for overweight people with big necks, not muscular necks.

didn't have a big neck just 263 pounds of fat mess

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
didn't have a big neck just 263 pounds of fat mess
typical get bigger right der.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »
Once I go over the 102kg mark it starts up , bad snoring and the SA also where it sounds like Im choking - or so I've been told.

Staying lean and in the 95 - 98kg area the snoring stops along with the SA .

newmom

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 04:35:40 AM »
typical get bigger right der.

god, I was a fucking disaster

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching