Author Topic: guy on ironageus claims to have.....  (Read 37989 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
guy on ironageus claims to have.....
« on: June 16, 2011, 01:51:39 PM »
a guy on ironage.us claims to have a tape recording of bill pearl admitting to 6 consecutive years of steroid use. shocking.....
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: guy on ironageus claims to have.....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »
now guy is mad he ever said anything and won't say which 6 year period it was. i'm guessing it was the 67 to 73 run.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »
now guy is mad he ever said anything and won't say which 6 year period it was. i'm guessing it was the 67 to 73 run.

He should have first released the tapes of Pearl admitting to really eating meat.

You know...start small.
 8)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »

He should have first released the tapes of Pearl admitting to really eating meat.

You know...start small.
 8)
that's what 's not good about ironage a guy starts an interesting thread and than gets all upset when he sparks a little controversy. don't whet someone's appetite and then not give him the rest of the drink.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
WOW!!
I didn't know that interview existed, and I never knew that Pearl came clean so frankly.

Is that article something you personally scanned, or do you at least know where it originally appeared?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 07:53:16 AM »
WOW!!
I didn't know that interview existed, and I never knew that Pearl came clean so frankly.

Is that article something you personally scanned, or do you at least know where it originally appeared?

it's from pearl's book getting stronger page 405 it a scan from a guy on ironage. i don't have this book.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »
                 it's from pearl's book getting stronger page 405 it a scan from a guy on ironage. i don't have this book.

Thanks, again!
I need to track down a copy of this book.
It'll look nice on the bookshelf sitting next to my Freddy Ortiz tell-all autobiography.
 ;)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:14 PM »
i have these two books by pearl. he usually autographs his books. but not getting stronger.
F

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »
that's what 's not good about ironage a guy starts an interesting thread and than gets all upset when he sparks a little controversy. don't whet someone's appetite and then not give him the rest of the drink.
Very surprising Pearl would admit to Steroid use in a Book im sure thousands have brought whatever his reasons @ least hes being straight about the issue.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 04:12:24 AM »
Most bodybuilders from that era kayfabe fans & followers to this day regarding drug use.
I suspect that it may stem from some kind of pride, but by then, more competitors than not were using gear.
Not only that, but it's not as if the anabolics they had then were "magic." They still had to work hard and eat right.

I'd posted a good article from a Pittsburgh newspaper in which Billy March talked quite extensively & candidly about the York gang, John Ziegler, and Dianabol use.
If Funk doesn't mind (and, I'm not trying to hijack his thread), I'd like to post the link here, as it really is a very interesting read: http://www.ergogenics.org/123.html

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
Most bodybuilders from that era kayfabe fans & followers to this day regarding drug use.
I suspect that it may stem from some kind of pride, but by then, more competitors than not were using gear.
Not only that, but it's not as if the anabolics they had then were "magic." They still had to work hard and eat right.

I'd posted a good article from a Pittsburgh newspaper in which Billy March talked quite extensively & candidly about the York gang, John Ziegler, and Dianabol use.
If Funk doesn't mind (and, I'm not trying to hijack his thread), I'd like to post the link here, as it really is a very interesting read: http://www.ergogenics.org/123.html
i welcome your imput, i've read that article before but was glad to reread it.thanks couple of march pics.
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »
Druggie, or not, that is a near perfect press by March.

Heard, years ago, that Bill Pearl had a bigger and stronger older brother. He was a guest of the California prison system for a number of years. The brother hosted up some pretty impressive weights when our state prison had weights. At one time the strongest men in America were doing serious joint time. Breaking PL'ing records on a regular bases, or so it was reported.

Don't know how much chemical engineering was done back in Pearl's day, sure there was. But Pearl, and others, seem to have smaller waist and did vacuums quite often. No excess bloating, etc. Whatever.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »
Druggie, or not, that is a near perfect press by March.

Heard, years ago, that Bill Pearl had a bigger and stronger older brother. He was a guest of the California prison system for a number of years. The brother hosted up some pretty impressive weights when our state prison had weights. At one time the strongest men in America were doing serious joint time. Breaking PL'ing records on a regular bases, or so it was reported.

Don't know how much chemical engineering was done back in Pearl's day, sure there was. But Pearl, and others, seem to have smaller waist and did vacuums quite often. No excess bloating, etc. Whatever.
i think pearl's brother name was harry but have to check, there was a story where pearl had his gym in a pretty tough neighborhood and he and his brother had to defend it during the ca riots.
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Knew a couple of older guy's, friends of my uncles, who workout out at Pearl's LA gym. It was on Manchester Blvd, probably around Western or Vermont Aves That's right in the middle of South Central. I know Pearl moved to Pasadena after the LA riots in the 60's. Said to have a nice little gym there. He worked something like 5 in the morning, just about every morning, with his usual 20 sets or so, per body part. Old school high volume pump, with moderate weight.

Way I heard it, Pearl's brother was a CHP officer who was doing joint time for manslaughter up at Q. Who really knows, this is all second and third hand information to me. From a guy who worked out with another guy who said he was a former cell mate of Pearls brother. Just might be less than zero information..I don't know.
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 07:02:47 AM »
I heard the strange tale of Bill Pearl's brother performing an abortion, and the woman died.
Anyone know if this is just urban legend?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »
I heard the strange tale of Bill Pearl's brother performing an abortion, and the woman died.
Anyone know if this is just urban legend?
not an urban legend this happened back in 1963. to read it just google harry pearl bill pearl's brother and it will come up people vs pearl state of california. some strange stuff for sure.... :( :( :(
F

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 06:44:40 AM »
a guy on ironage.us claims to have a tape recording of bill pearl admitting to 6 consecutive years of steroid use. shocking.....

what idiot thouight hes natural?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 06:55:52 AM »

You know...start small.
 8)

or of buggering Coach.
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
:D
yeah but to be fair he did admit to using them in a book of his "Getting stronger" and on page 405 he talks about his own use of them. When i spoke to him on the phone i said the guys today are way too big and must be doing way to much. He just said its up to them. I never asked him about his use of them( i thought it would be disrespectful ). Anyway he was very polite.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »
yeah but to be fair he did admit to using them in a book of his "Getting stronger" and on page 405 he talks about his own use of them. When i spoke to him on the phone i said the guys today are way too big and must be doing way to much. He just said its up to them. I never asked him about his use of them( i thought it would be disrespectful ). Anyway he was very polite.
he always signs his books too for no xtra charge. 8)
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »
Yes he does... ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 10:22:58 AM »
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »
this is actually being discussed on ironage as we speak. we were being used as a reference to one of their queries. as to what a bodybuilder gains on his first cycle. any comments??????
F

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
mr bill pearl is a class act....right up there with boyer coe and reg park and lee haney.

it is common knowledge that pearl used nilevar.