Author Topic: If you're Tiger Woods...  (Read 3129 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
If you're Tiger Woods...
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »

...and you're watching the brilliant play of Rory McIlroy, do you even bother attempting a 'comeback'? 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: If you're Tiger Woods...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:42:03 AM »
...and you're watching the brilliant play of Rory McIlroy, do you even bother attempting a 'comeback'? 
Sure, if only to keep up your Hooter's hospitality card current. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »
LOL @ the HHC!

He makes more in 'perks' per year than most alpha males could in 2 lifetimes. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »

Ha,damn dude I was thinking of starting a thread along these lines and you beat me to it.

.....but lets just wait and see if Rory closes the deal.....he choked the lead away at the Maters.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:22:24 AM »
Considering he made 75M this year to lose everything he entered, I'm gonna go with "because he outearns every sports figure by nearly 150%".

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »

of course he does.. he's the best the world has ever seen.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
-11 is insane for a U.S.Open!
closest guy is -3 but a few guys havent played yet,maybe they can make it a little closer for the weekend.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »
Now that Tiger is being "watched" for PED's, I think he just might be toast for good. These tiny young players(160 pounds) can out drive Tiger by 20 yards. I think Tiger is so afraid of getting busted for using HGH etc. that its really in his head now.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:47:14 AM »
I wonder if he'll have another meltdown like he did in Augusta?

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:49:01 PM »
LOL @ the HHC!

He makes more in 'perks' per year than most alpha males could in 2 lifetimes. 

He made 62 million dollars in 2010 without winning a single tournament

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »
of course he does.. he's the best the world has ever seen.

i hope the cat killed that mfer, am sure his boys with the camera saved his fat ass.  

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »
Jack > Tigger

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
on real sports bryant grumble complained that they doctored the course to make play easier thus lowering the scores.of course he had to say the "T" word.
F

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
on real sports bryant grumble complained that they doctored the course to make play easier thus lowering the scores.of course he had to say the "T" word.

gumball is a toolbag.  They ALWAYS doctor the US Open courses to one degree or another.  When Tigger won in his rout, the media acted like it was can't miss TV, but when Rory did it, I heard guys like Mike and Mike on ESPN talking about how it was boring.   ::)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »
He made 62 million dollars in 2010 without winning a single tournament

Paid 100 million in a divorce and who knows how much money he lost in Dubai. Lucky for him he still can print money.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
Money will not be a problem for Tiger, but ironically I don't think that it is what drove/drives him.  I think it was all about the "quest to beat Jack" and now, he very likely will not do that. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
Money will not be a problem for Tiger, but ironically I don't think that it is what drove/drives him.  I think it was all about the "quest to beat Jack" and now, he very likely will not do that. 

I think he will easily beat Jack. Just needs 4 more to tie I believe. Hell Tom Watson placed 2nd at the Open championship at the age of 59. Tiger has approx. 60 more majors to play(if healthy) before he turns even 50. And if he decides to play the majors like Watson has, Tiger will have close to 100 more majors before he turns 60.

The guy is just to good to not be able to pull out 5 more titles to beat Jacks record. I think he will end up with 25 when its all said and done.

tomjone20

• Getbig I
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
I was worried for golf 5 years ago but now it's pretty cool to live in a time with so many young and talented golfers.  I doubt Tiger wins 4 more majors.  These new guys have officially taken over.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
I think he will easily beat Jack. Just needs 4 more to tie I believe. Hell Tom Watson placed 2nd at the Open championship at the age of 59. Tiger has approx. 60 more majors to play(if healthy) before he turns even 50. And if he decides to play the majors like Watson has, Tiger will have close to 100 more majors before he turns 60.

The guy is just to good to not be able to pull out 5 more titles to beat Jacks record. I think he will end up with 25 when its all said and done.

NO WAY on earth does he win 24 majors......that is absolutely insane.  Watson was a fluke and he has always remained relatively healthy, whereas Tiger's health is as big of a concern at this point as his mental breakdown.  Not to mention the competition is getting tougher and doesn't have that "awe" factor embedded in them like the players in the 90's and 2000's did for Tiger.  These guys see him as beatable, which he clearly is, and aren't afraid of him. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
NO WAY on earth does he win 24 majors......that is absolutely insane.  Watson was a fluke and he has always remained relatively healthy, whereas Tiger's health is as big of a concern at this point as his mental breakdown.  Not to mention the competition is getting tougher and doesn't have that "awe" factor embedded in them like the players in the 90's and 2000's did for Tiger.  These guys see him as beatable, which he clearly is, and aren't afraid of him. 

These kids are a product of growing up watching Tiger.training and watching what they eat all because they learned that from Tiger as they grew up.they all WANT to play him as compared to the old guard for whom alot of them would melt knowing Tiger was close to the lead.

....If and a big IF Tiger can get to Jacks 18 I cant see him going much farther.at this point the real question is will he win one more major.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »

These kids are a product of growing up watching Tiger.training and watching what they eat all because they learned that from Tiger as they grew up.they all WANT to play him as compared to the old guard for whom alot of them would melt knowing Tiger was close to the lead.

....If and a big IF Tiger can get to Jacks 18 I cant see him going much farther.at this point the real question is will he win one more major.

All true and it's funny how people act like Tiger is going to smash Jack's record, yet most don't know that they won their 14th at the same pace.  By listening to ESPN and these "experts" you would think he was just blazing away at a faster pace than Jack.... not to mention Jack was healthier mentally and physically when he won his 14.   Tiger's pace has been 1 major per year....I don't see him maintaining that, especially against the new guard of players.