Author Topic: How are you suppose to not drink and drive occasionally  (Read 6853 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: How are you suppose to not drink and drive occasionally
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 04:38:38 AM »
drink drivers are almost as low as paedos in the uk  :)
Let alone drunk driving paedo's.....they're beneath low.

newmom

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 04:38:46 AM »
I'll admit, their were times I should of never been behind a wheel after some cocktails, but that was many many years ago.

Get a taxi, call a friend, sleep it off in your car or DON'T drink that much if it effects your driving.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 04:40:29 AM »
If you can afford the alcohol but not the taxi, then drink at home or walk.  I think you can still get in trouble walking, but at least you won't kill anyone else.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 04:42:23 AM »
If you're in an accident, even if it's completely the other guy's fault, they will bury you in court if you were drunk..

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 04:42:51 AM »
but problem is that people do think they can still drive after consuming alcohol. some can but most cant. you maybe can drive straight but your responding time is still slowed down

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 04:44:32 AM »
Let alone drunk driving paedo's.....they're beneath low.

agree, they let the child drive and thats way more dangerous

w8m8

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 04:49:38 AM »
it's very easy

go look at someone who's face looks like mince, that's had to be cut out of a car, that was sat next to someone else who had a "few drinks" who has a steering column impaled thru their chest and their legs are in a pile of bloody mush no longer resembling anything you could walk on

then have to bury them

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 04:52:08 AM »
but problem is that people do think they can still drive after consuming alcohol. some can but most cant. you maybe can drive straight but your responding time is still slowed down
Reaction time is decreased even after 1 glass of alcohol. Selfconscience is increased at the same time. Not a good combination.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »
agree, they let the child drive and thats way more dangerous

LOL!

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »
I never understood why everyone frowns upon drinking and driving when every bar has a parking lot.  Get rid of the parking lots so cars can't park at the bar. 

Seriously, getting arrested for drunk driving where I live in NJ will cost you around 6K after fines, lawyer fees, and the increase in car insurance.  Kill or hurt someone in an accident even if it's not your fault and you are looking at jail time. One guy I know had another driver run a red light. He crashed into him while under the influence and even though the other guy went through the light he did 13 years in jail. 

if you do the math not that many people get caught drinking and driving, what is your percentage chance of getting caught really, 1% or so if you drive speed limit and pay attention.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 03:10:05 PM »

yeah but at that time of the night it is an even playing field, everyone is mostly driving drunk so everyone has slower reactions times, so it is safe.

newmom

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »
it's very easy

go look at someone who's face looks like mince, that's had to be cut out of a car, that was sat next to someone else who had a "few drinks" who has a steering column impaled thru their chest and their legs are in a pile of bloody mush no longer resembling anything you could walk on

then have to bury them

:( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
just sleep in the fucking car. why do people have such a problem with doing that? ive passed out behind the wheel lots of times, woke up at the crack of dawn with a sore back and continued on my way like nothing even happened. just like a purge in time.

newmom

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 03:14:25 PM »
just sleep in the fucking car. why do people have such a problem with doing that? ive passed out behind the wheel lots of times, woke up at the crack of dawn with a sore back and continued on my way like nothing even happened. just like a purge in time.

that's exactly what I said also

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
not everyplace has taxi's available.  Also taxi's are expensive and require you to get a ride back to pick up your car.  If the states want to cry so much about the problem, how about they contribute to the solution free rides home and back to your car in the mourning.  Solve a lot of drunk driving problems.

Not even feasible one bit, whyt not pretend you are drunk then get free taxi's everywhere?

Taxi's are expensive but make that choice.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
This thread also reminded me of my friend Danielle.

When she was about 7 a drunk driver hit her car. Killing her brother who was about 5 at the time. He died a day or so later. Her baby sister Grace I think it was died instantly. She was a few weeks old. She was paralysed from the waist down. At 7 years of age. Just looked her up on fb there. Feel bad now.

newmom

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »

When she was about 7 a drunk driver hit her car. Killing her brother who was about 5 at the time. He died a day or so later. Her baby sister Grace I think it was died instantly. She was a few weeks old. She was paralysed from the waist down. At 7 years of age. Just looked her up on fb there. Feel bad now.

horrible..

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »

sorry that's against the law, you will still be charged with some kind of dui, can't be behind the wheel sleeping in USA, maybe move to back seat and do this, but your bed at home is much more comfortable.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 04:51:29 PM »

Yes that is terrible, but accidents do happen, and who is to say that the alcohol caused the accident, it could have been another motorist that cut off the intoxicated driver or any number of circumstances.  Always blaming every person who crashes who drank alcohol before one being drunk is simply not a fair argument.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
every bar has a parking lot.

excellent fucking point, why do they have that ???

i dont own a car but just go with a taxi whenever i go out. costs but comfy. and public transportation works for a cheaper option no?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
Yes that is terrible, but accidents do happen, and who is to say that the alcohol caused the accident, it could have been another motorist that cut off the intoxicated driver or any number of circumstances.  Always blaming every person who crashes who drank alcohol before one being drunk is simply not a fair argument.

It has been proven how alcohol slows reactions, gives increased confidence, reduced perception etc

I agree it could have happened anyway - but NOT drinking is a control that can be taken to severly reduce the risk.

Drink Driving is taken very seriously here. Every time you get stopped for a moving traffic offence you get breathalysed.

Some cool adverts!

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »
It has been proven how alcohol slows reactions, gives increased confidence, reduced perception etc

I agree it could have happened anyway - but NOT drinking is a control that can be taken to severly reduce the risk.

Drink Driving is taken very seriously here. Every time you get stopped for a moving traffic offence you get breathalysed.

Some cool adverts!

wow that is like a police state sorry to hear that

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »
Getting breathalysed takes 45 seconds. I have done it a few times.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »
The legal problem with sleeping in the car while drunk is that you have access to a car while drunk.  Courts have repeatedly found that sleeping in a car drunk is the same as drunk driving.  Why, because a drunk can get  up at any time and still be under the influence and take off.  Is it in the public interest to presume a drunk will not drive long enough to be a safe driver? What happens when a cop rolls up on a car and driver that reaks of the odor of an alcoholic beverages with a sleeping driver? Should the cop drive away and hope the driver doesn't wake up and start driving?  Also how this drunk get his car to the side of the road? I'm telling you that if you sleep on the side of a highway drunk you can be found guilty of drunk driving.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
The legal problem with sleeping in the car while drunk is that you have access to a car while drunk.  Courts have repeatedly found that sleeping in a car drunk is the same as drunk driving.  Why, because a drunk can get  up at any time and still be under the influence and take off.  Is it in the public interest to presume a drunk will not drive long enough to be a safe driver? What happens when a cop rolls up on a car and driver that reaks of the odor of an alcoholic beverages with a sleeping driver? Should the cop drive away and hope the driver doesn't wake up and start driving?  Also how this drunk get his car to the side of the road? I'm telling you that if you sleep on the side of a highway drunk you can be found guilty of drunk driving.

very true good post