Author Topic: How are you suppose to not drink and drive occasionally  (Read 6859 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: How are you suppose to not drink and drive occasionally
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 07:24:09 PM »
How do they expect you to not drink and drive once in a while.  It is not like you always have a designated driver if you are meeting up with buddies all driving there own car.  Sometimes people have busy work schedules and don't have time to go over to one's house and get all in one car before they go out and who wants to be the one not to drink.  If they don't want drinking and driving, the state troopers should offer free rides home, no questions asked.

I don't drink personally although last year I was contemplating a glass of wine a day for the antioxidant benefits but put off commencing that.  I used to think drinking and driving was evil and had no idea how common it was until I worked at a bar for a couple of years and saw firsthand how often it occurs.  I guess I was just naive.  A lot of politicians, judges, etc, have been caught drinking and driving.  It happens and it would be naive to think it doesn't.

I would say drinking in driving is on par with driving while tired or otherwise distracted [cell phone, talking, etc].  It's all bad in that sense and personally there are some people who I would rather drive with even if they were drinking compared to other people who I would rather not drive with when they are sober.  It's kind of like truck drivers who drive tired all the time but they are used to it and can do it safely.  I think that in terms of law they should either ban it outright or allow it.  Allowing some alcohol consumption is bound to make some people subjectively guess they are not drunk when they are and get caught.
Bodybuilding Pro.com