Author Topic: Strikeforce-Dallas- pics and notes  (Read 1164 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Strikeforce-Dallas- pics and notes
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »

Strikeforce at the home of the NBA champs

Sebastian Rutten on the set of insideMMA

Weigh ins

The Reem

Fight Night

Ariel Helwani and his Jew nose j/k

My view from my seats

Jardine

Oldereem

Connor Heun

Babalu and one of the founders of Chuteboxe Academy Master Rafael

Meisha Tate and her sexiness emanating

JZ Cavalcante

Michael the Crackhead Irvin

The captain of the last US olympic Wrestling squad Daniel Cormier

Hematoma head Noons

I was sitting behind Guy Mezger, here he was talking to the voice Michael Schiavello...weird pic lol

Barnett

The agony of defeat-side choke

Bighead getting interviewed

Werdum

The Reem reppin Dallas Mavs

Kneeing it up

Butt Scootin

I sat right behind team Golden Glory and Guy Mezger,  I was talking with Guy the whole time and he was pretty accurate on calling all the fights with the exception of Masvidal/Noons (I told him Jorge was gonna be tougher than he thinks, he said, "Noons has too many skills"), His commentary was pleasant though as opposed to the fag Mauro Ranallo.  He invited me to the Alistair Overeem seminar the next morning at his gym but I was pretty buzzed and I am not a morning person lol.  The main event was a letdown but Daniel Cormeir and Masvidal both showcased vast improvements and looked pretty crisp.  Jorge will fight Melendez next....and he'll probably lose.  Connor Huen fought a tough Brazilian (Almeida) and managed to pull a win out despite a broken arm from an armbar and a torn ligament in his knee (from a kneebar).  

Predictions
 40/61

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Strikeforce-Dallas- pics and notes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
How far do you think Noons can go since he seems to have lost a little something come fight time, he pretty much demolished Diaz and although he carried the momentum through to the rematch IMO he has subsequently gone downhill in his last 2 fights. Hes a durable guy but is he really "that" good (think Gegard Mousasi - just when you think hes the guy to beat he has disappointing showings)?

I think Cormier is a real prospect, im very excited to see how he develops as once he loses his rough edges he'll definitely be a real contender, lets not forget that even @ 40 the Snowman is no pushover and could still very easily wrap up alot of named fighters on his day. That was my pick for fight of the night beforehand, im glad we saw the 3 rounds.

Looks like you had a great night, thanks for the pics and brief analysis.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:37:05 AM »
Noons is primarily a counter puncher who kinda relies on pot shotting and moving, it seems like Jorge baited K.J. into coming forward a little more than he usually would, which is what got him taken down and got him clipped with those knees and kicks.  K.j. is decent, he just needs to rely on more than just his hands, it seems like that hurt him against Masvidal.  Cormier did look pretty good, it seems like being Cains main training partner is rubbing off on him, he is almost starting to look like cain as far as his arsenal of attacks goes, which is a good thing.
Predictions
 40/61

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 02:44:33 AM »
noons is a very entertaining fighter but where does he go from here. he has the tools..very athletic, fast, powerful striker. i think he needs a couple of cans to get back on track

cool pics btw. thanks for sharing
irongearco.com