Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 25, 2014, 03:53:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: seriously the dumbest excuse ever.  (Read 956 times)
Hugo Chavez
Getbig V

« on: June 23, 2011, 07:38:48 PM »

The, "God works in mysterious ways" bullshit answer...  Maybe it's some kid born grotesquely handicapted who will die by the time he is 8, you ask why, and some stupid christian answers, "god works in mysterious ways"  Roll Eyes  Really?  Is that a fucking serious answer?  God decided to destroy this kids life for some mysterious reason we're just supposed to have faith in he had a reason for?  fuckoff lol... no....  Stop saying that crap...
Report to moderator   Logged
Butterbean
Getbig V

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:38:02 AM »

The, "God works in mysterious ways" bullshit answer...  Maybe it's some kid born grotesquely handicapted who will die by the time he is 8, you ask why, and some stupid christian answers, "god works in mysterious ways"  Roll Eyes  Really?  Is that a fucking serious answer?  God decided to destroy this kids life for some mysterious reason we're just supposed to have faith in he had a reason for?  fuckoff lol... no....  Stop saying that crap...

Maybe they aren't sure what to say and are trying to provide some comfort to the people.    I believe that God made everything "good" and the reason anything is "abnormal" or "imperfect" is because sin entered the world.  Doesn't seem like it would be accepted more easily if someone said something like "sin works in mysterious ways."

You may see the child as a sad case worthy of your pity that will never have a "normally functioning body" and thus life in your opinion when some people have completely normally functioning bodies and are the most miserable people you've ever met.  

While I def. can't purport to know why God allows some suffering I do believe that God makes things for eternity while humans usually see things in a temporal and/or earthly sense.   But I guess that could be just another way of saying the same thing you hate to hear Sad

R
Andy Griffin
Getbig V

The Apache is a killing machine.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »

God makes no excuses because He doesn't owe you any explanations. 

~
OzmO
Getbig V

Take Money Out of Politics!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »

It's similar to the bull shit line:  "everything happens for a reason"
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 11:31:07 AM »

Maybe they aren't sure what to say and are trying to provide some comfort to the people.    I believe that God made everything "good" and the reason anything is "abnormal" or "imperfect" is because sin entered the world.  Doesn't seem like it would be accepted more easily if someone said something like "sin works in mysterious ways."

You may see the child as a sad case worthy of your pity that will never have a "normally functioning body" and thus life in your opinion when some people have completely normally functioning bodies and are the most miserable people you've ever met.  

While I def. can't purport to know why God allows some suffering I do believe that God makes things for eternity while humans usually see things in a temporal and/or earthly sense.   But I guess that could be just another way of saying the same thing you hate to hear Sad

I agree.  I have no idea why some things happen. 
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »

It's similar to the bull shit line:  "everything happens for a reason"

It's true.
OzmO
Getbig V

Take Money Out of Politics!

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:17:38 PM »

Only literally, not the way it's typically meant or used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!