Author Topic: U.S. Jews Not Able To Fly On Delta Flights To Saudi Arabia  (Read 2126 times)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/23/us-jews-not-able-to-fly-o_n_883568.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-w%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C216937

By Michele Chabin

Religion News Service

JERUSALEM (RNS) Jews and Israelis, or passengers carrying any non-Islamic article of faith, will not be able to fly code-share flights from the U.S. to Saudi Arabia under Delta Air Line's new partnership with Saudi Arabian Airlines that is set to begin in 2012.

Although Delta announced in January that the Saudi airline would join its SkyTeam network next year, the implications of the deal only came to light recently, according to people who have scrutinized the details.

Saudi Arabia, which is governed by strict Islamic law, requires citizens of almost every country to obtain a visa. People who wish to enter the country must have a sponsor; women, who must be dressed according to Saudi standards of modesty, must be met at the Saudi airport by a man who will act as a chaperone.

Saudi Arabia bans anyone with an Israeli stamp in their passport from entering the country, even in transit. Many Jews believe the kingdom has also withheld visas from travelers with Jewish-sounding names.

Religious items such as Bibles that are not related to Islam may be confiscated at the airport.

Colby M. May, senior counsel of the American Center for Law and Justice, a conservative legal group founded by religious broadcaster Pat Robertson, said his office is trying to determine if the agreement runs afoul of U.S. law.

"The very idea that there is a common carrier airline service that would deny an American citizen in America access to their services because they are Jewish or have religious items such as a yarmulke, a cross or a priestly collar, is deeply disturbing," May said.

May said he is "trying to get answers" from Delta.

"They have not responded in a way that answers the question," he said. "Hopefully they'll do so."

In a statement to Religion News Service on Thursday (June 23), Delta said it "does not discriminate, nor do we condone discrimination against any protected class of passenger in regards to age, race, nationality, religion, or gender."

The airline, which did not deny the new policy, insisted that it has no control over who may fly to Saudi Arabia.

"Delta must also comply with all applicable laws in every country it serves," adding that passengers are responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents required for entry.

"If a passenger travels without proper documents, the passenger may be denied entry into that country and our airline may be fined," the statement said.

The Jan. 10 agreement allows Saudi Arabian Airlines to become a member of SkyTeam in 2012 after "fulfilling all membership requirements," according to a SkyTeam statement. The Saudi airline is SkyTeam's first member from the Middle East.

The policy has deeply angered U.S. Jewish groups, especially since Delta is an American carrier.

"Saudi Arabia, a U.S. ally, should be strongly condemned for its despicable discrimination against Jews," said Kenneth Bandler, a spokesman for the New York-based American Jewish Committee.

"For an American company, our nation's values should trump narrow business interests. Delta should be the first to reject Saudi airlines as a SkyTeam member."

Dan Diker, secretary general of the World Jewish Congress, said he hoped "Delta will not be complicit with what appears to be a demonstrably anti-Semitic and racist policy by Saudi Arabian Airlines."

mad hatter

• Getbig II
  • The Black Honkey
Re: U.S. Jews Not Able To Fly On Delta Flights To Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 07:20:51 AM »
Religion of peace ::)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
savages

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 07:23:48 AM »
Der ewige Jude!!!!

Volksgenossen!!! Denkt an die Juedische bolschewistische Gefahr aus dem Osten!!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »
Park Bowl Schmoe

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »
Der ewige Jude!!!!

Volksgenossen!!! Denkt an die Juedische bolschewistische Gefahr aus dem Osten!!!

haha

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
lol   So fucking backwards.  And liberal fucktards constantly side with the Islamists. 

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 11:10:40 AM »
Yes, Israel should give up its land to the Palestinians.  Yes, then there will be peace......

::)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 11:42:52 AM »
Yes, Israel should give up its land to the Palestinians.  Yes, then there will be peace......

::)

Israel should leave the land and give it all to the Palestinians. But before they leave, they should set up booby traps with massive amounts of poison that will kill every one at the same time within its borders when set off. Then go in and clean up the bodies and move back in when the poison dissipates.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
Why would any civilized, self respecting, American citizen want to travel to that shithole of a country and deal with the sand monkeys that live there.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »

Israel should leave the land and give it all to the Palestinians. But before they leave, they should set up booby traps with massive amounts of poison that will kill every one at the same time within its borders when set off. Then go in and clean up the bodies and move back in when the poison dissipates.
x2

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
Fuck, Israel should take the kid gloves off and just fucking anihilate everyone one of those snively, whiny, bitchy palestinians.
They'll never stop, if Israel gives them some land, its only a matter of time until Hamas starts up again, demanding more land or the outright departure of israel from the area.

How people cant understand that there are actually people in this world, that wont respond to barganing, have no sense of morailty, dont give a shit about anything or anyone outside of what they believe. They want nothing less than the anihilation of Israel, plain and simple, and they do whatever they can to get it. Give them a handout, theyll just pocket what youve given them and demand another until theyre is nothing left to take.

I say Israel should just flat out tell them, look motherfuckers, this is it. You want our land, were not going to give it to you. You dont like it, too bad. If you try and take it, or start terrorist operations, we will level your homeland and everyone you hold dear. Then back it with a strong show of force after the 1st group tests the waters, wipe something major out. Let them know they were well warned and that the blood is on their hands. And then if they still want to go there, increase the destruction attack for attack, until they stop or until there is nothing left. Those people do not understand anything else but brute force, and they respect nothing but brute force and the will to use it.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 05:14:14 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/23/us-jews-not-able-to-fly-o_n_883568.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-w%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C216937

By Michele Chabin

Religion News Service

JERUSALEM (RNS) Jews and Israelis, or passengers carrying any non-Islamic article of faith, will not be able to fly code-share flights from the U.S. to Saudi Arabia under Delta Air Line's new partnership with Saudi Arabian Airlines that is set to begin in 2012.

Although Delta announced in January that the Saudi airline would join its SkyTeam network next year, the implications of the deal only came to light recently, according to people who have scrutinized the details.

Saudi Arabia, which is governed by strict Islamic law, requires citizens of almost every country to obtain a visa. People who wish to enter the country must have a sponsor; women, who must be dressed according to Saudi standards of modesty, must be met at the Saudi airport by a man who will act as a chaperone.

Saudi Arabia bans anyone with an Israeli stamp in their passport from entering the country, even in transit. Many Jews believe the kingdom has also withheld visas from travelers with Jewish-sounding names.

Religious items such as Bibles that are not related to Islam may be confiscated at the airport.

Colby M. May, senior counsel of the American Center for Law and Justice, a conservative legal group founded by religious broadcaster Pat Robertson, said his office is trying to determine if the agreement runs afoul of U.S. law.

"The very idea that there is a common carrier airline service that would deny an American citizen in America access to their services because they are Jewish or have religious items such as a yarmulke, a cross or a priestly collar, is deeply disturbing," May said.

May said he is "trying to get answers" from Delta.

"They have not responded in a way that answers the question," he said. "Hopefully they'll do so."

In a statement to Religion News Service on Thursday (June 23), Delta said it "does not discriminate, nor do we condone discrimination against any protected class of passenger in regards to age, race, nationality, religion, or gender."

The airline, which did not deny the new policy, insisted that it has no control over who may fly to Saudi Arabia.

"Delta must also comply with all applicable laws in every country it serves," adding that passengers are responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents required for entry.

"If a passenger travels without proper documents, the passenger may be denied entry into that country and our airline may be fined," the statement said.

The Jan. 10 agreement allows Saudi Arabian Airlines to become a member of SkyTeam in 2012 after "fulfilling all membership requirements," according to a SkyTeam statement. The Saudi airline is SkyTeam's first member from the Middle East.

The policy has deeply angered U.S. Jewish groups, especially since Delta is an American carrier.

"Saudi Arabia, a U.S. ally, should be strongly condemned for its despicable discrimination against Jews," said Kenneth Bandler, a spokesman for the New York-based American Jewish Committee.

"For an American company, our nation's values should trump narrow business interests. Delta should be the first to reject Saudi airlines as a SkyTeam member."

Dan Diker, secretary general of the World Jewish Congress, said he hoped "Delta will not be complicit with what appears to be a demonstrably anti-Semitic and racist policy by Saudi Arabian Airlines."

How would they know they were Jewish???
A

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »
I suppose if they ordered the "Kosher Meal" it's a dead giveaway.

EZ$

• Getbig II
  • I do curls for the girls
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »
I doubt the heebs even want to go to Saudi Arabia anyway.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
I doubt the heebs even want to go to Saudi Arabia anyway.

That's what I was going to say.  Bet Avidan is bummed that his vacation to Riyadh is off now... lol

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »
HAHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA    ;D ;D ;D ;D

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:57 AM »
Why would any civilized, self respecting, American citizen want to travel to that shithole of a country and deal with the sand monkeys that live there.

for the most part, because this backwards retarded shithole is one of the few (maybe now the only!) countries that has descrimination in payroll. let me give you an example, if I make $60K per year doing a certain job, if an american gets employed doing the same job (most times less), he'd be getting $240K, plus round trip tickets every year for his whole family, PLUS paid tution for his kids...

when it comes to money, there's nothing called self respect... If i told you that now you're making $50K a year (with all your benefits) and shitty health care... and i told you if you come here, do half the work you're supposed, and i'll pay you $200K a year, with more benefits than you can imagine (free health care, annual bonuses, plain tickets for you and your family annualy)... would you say no?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 03:21:26 AM »
Assholes - their oil glory will be soon gone.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 03:35:51 AM »
these religious jews are just as crazy as these muzzies.
parties in our country wants to ban out ritual slaughtering for animals and some of these jews offcourse throws it on antisemetism. first thing hitler banned was also the ritual slaught ::) yes hitler had also good things.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 03:37:28 AM »
for the most part, because this backwards retarded shithole is one of the few (maybe now the only!) countries that has descrimination in payroll. let me give you an example, if I make $60K per year doing a certain job, if an american gets employed doing the same job (most times less), he'd be getting $240K, plus round trip tickets every year for his whole family, PLUS paid tution for his kids...

when it comes to money, there's nothing called self respect... If i told you that now you're making $50K a year (with all your benefits) and shitty health care... and i told you if you come here, do half the work you're supposed, and i'll pay you $200K a year, with more benefits than you can imagine (free health care, annual bonuses, plain tickets for you and your family annualy)... would you say no?

Not for any amount of money.
I'd have to live there and be surrounded by those people every day.

I've refused work before becuase it would mean working for a royal family in the Middle East, even though the money was really good.

On principal becuase I believe in a Republic, where people are free citizens, and not the slaves of their King, who is their lord and master. I don't reconise these people's titles so would have had zero respect for them anyway.

If you're from Saudi Arabia or any eastern monarchy, then you are a slave to your master and king.

The Greeks understood this concept over 2500 years ago, and beat back these slaves.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 11:15:07 PM »
The cruel irony here is that without Imperialist Europeans and Americans the filth in the middle east would have never figured out how to harvest the natural resources that the entire world depends on. In addition to that, Europe basically ruled the middle east and large portions of asia until it lost its backbone.

Without evil jewish and christian imperliast infidels, the arab muslim nazi's would be eating sand and drinking oil.

Now we can't even fly to one of their god forsaken country's and watch the Tuesday evening beheadings followed by Wednesday morning stoning's. That's like missing Monday Night Football in America.

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 12:04:18 AM »
The cruel irony here is that without Imperialist Europeans and Americans the filth in the middle east would have never figured out how to harvest the natural resources that the entire world depends on. In addition to that, Europe basically ruled the middle east and large portions of asia until it lost its backbone.

Without evil jewish and christian imperliast infidels, the arab muslim nazi's would be eating sand and drinking oil.

Now we can't even fly to one of their god forsaken country's and watch the Tuesday evening beheadings followed by Wednesday morning stoning's. That's like missing Monday Night Football in America.

israel is not a legitimate country

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 12:38:55 AM »
israel is not a legitimate country

And when I was 7 I had a pet Hamster named Earl. Wtf does Israel have to do with my prior post?